Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-09-16, 05:24   Link #101
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Timeline is pretty hazy. What's the story with Shouta's dad?
He stole one of Tolkiens drafts and sold it in parallel world from which the dragons came to fund his magical research and business. In fact, it is hinted that "Tohru" is a mangled "Tolkien". Ironically, fantasy world dwellers liked our classical fantasy.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 07:11   Link #102
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
He stole one of Tolkiens drafts and sold it in parallel world from which the dragons came to fund his magical research and business. In fact, it is hinted that "Tohru" is a mangled "Tolkien". Ironically, fantasy world dwellers liked our classical fantasy.
But wasn't Tohru born hundred of years ago? How long has been around? Or is it that time passes differently in the Dragon's world compared to Earth?
Old 2021-09-16, 07:18   Link #103
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
But wasn't Tohru born hundred of years ago? How long has been around? Or is it that time passes differently in the Dragon's world compared to Earth?
He sold the book he plagiarized several years before it was even penned in his world, using "clairvoyance". So unless he can also time travel he must be at least 200 years old.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 13:31   Link #104
ramlaen

If they announce a movie after the last episode I think it is safe to assume which arc will be covered, all the necessary worldbuilding elements were snuck in here and there.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 14:30   Link #105
kari-no-sugata II

^ I had the same thought...
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-16, 15:45   Link #106
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
If they announce a movie after the last episode I think it is safe to assume which arc will be covered, all the necessary worldbuilding elements were snuck in here and there.
..and this is why I felt that this episode should have been 7 or 8: with a pair of key elements being included in this episode, I would have preferred to have the arc that ramlaen hinted about serve as the three-part finale for Season 2 instead of a season that basically emulates the episode structure of Season 1.
Old 2021-09-17, 13:15   Link #107
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought the Elma and Kanna episodes were among the best of either season. I'm very glad they were included.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-17, 23:18   Link #108
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I thought the Elma and Kanna episodes were among the best of either season. I'm very glad they were included.
Yeah, I don't think it would have done the show any favors to cut those episodes out.
Old 2021-09-18, 17:39   Link #109
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I don't think it would have done the show any favors to cut those episodes out.
Agreed.

The Elma episode features a number of elements important to the plot (the official introduction of Shouta's dad; Tohru and Elma making amends), while the Kanna episode featured the New York City story that was easily on many manga readers' wish lists (including me).
Old 2021-09-22, 20:28   Link #110
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-22, 20:37   Link #111
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a nice ending kind of a shame that Kobayashi wasnt in a yukata but at less she got to play the run away bride

7/10 Kind of hoping for a movie
Old 2021-09-22, 21:50   Link #112
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wow, uhh... so many things happened to KyoAni and to the whole world this past year. Finishing Kobayashi S was a reminder of that. We made it after all this time despite that. But while the S2 finale ended on a bright and positive note, it also served as a bitter reminder of the changes to KyoAni over the past couple of years.

But hey, the show must go on.

Thanks to the entire staff for bringing this gem to shine on everyone, giving us hope that there will be happy moments to be discovered and enjoyed. And now, we anticipate KyoAni's next project...

Entry 426.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-22, 22:57   Link #113
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a pretty nice last episode. Honestly I'm just happy that this show could both be made and turned out so well. There aren't many issues I had with this season honestly and can definitely let it settle around an 8/10.

Ilulu definitely turned out way better than I ever expected. Didn't think they really needed to add another dragon to the group, but no complaints after seeing how that turned out. She didn't have as much to do in the second half after her main character arc played out. But she had a good arc and if this ever gets another season then I'd enjoy seeing how her character turns out.

Still love how this show had some amazing combat sequences. Whether it was Tohru vs Ilulu or Tohru vs Elma we got a show at times .

I'll miss this one.
Old 2021-09-23, 08:01   Link #114
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was indeed a very nice season and a great return for Kyoani. Enjoyed it from start to finish. I certainly wouldn't mind a third season being made.
Old 2021-09-23, 09:01   Link #115
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

If I got it right, they adapted stories from first 7 manga volumes (the order was moving back and forth sometmes). And around vol. 10 there is a big event regarding romance development.

So I really hope for S3.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2021-09-23 at 20:03.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 15:48   Link #116
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
If I got it right, they adapted stories from first 7 manga volumes (the order was moving back and forth sometmes). And asround vol. 10 there is a big event regarding romance development.

So I really hope for S3.
More like volume 11 in terms of the big event (which is one reason I wasn't too pleased with the ending, as I know that there's something more natural in the manga).

For me, I give the series a 6/10. While there's plenty of cute moments (especially episode 10), it really felt like KyoAni was playing it too safe in its first post-arson attack project and held off covering the part the manga where things really get interesting (with me thinking that it could have been covered this season if it was planned better).
Old 2021-09-25, 20:11   Link #117
Alchemist007
*Author

Fun show with moments of seriousness, sometimes really over the top well animated seriousness.

7/10
Old 2021-09-25, 21:09   Link #118
Strahan

Good show, good season. More serious than S1, didn't seem to have that quirky randomness to it that the first season did. Kinda missed that, but this season's balance was good.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 01:36   Link #119
HandofFate

season kind of shows how uninteresting kobayashi is, the other character dynamics, even the human/dragon dynamics were much more fun.
Forgot she existed most of the season despite her name being in the title.
Old 2021-09-26, 17:39   Link #120
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
season kind of shows how uninteresting kobayashi is, the other character dynamics, even the human/dragon dynamics were much more fun.
Forgot she existed most of the season despite her name being in the title.
That's one reason why I wished KyoAni covered a certain arc this season: said arc would have provided plenty of development for Kobayashi.

Tags
dragons, slice of life