AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: How really good was this week's episode? Be honest. Really...
Really really really good 42 71.19%
Really really good 8 13.56%
Really good 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-15, 05:33   Link #101
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelite View Post
Okay, I seriously lol'd here.

On the other hand, I think its wise to save your aces. Not at the cost of losing, but hopefully critically assessing the situation and deciding whether its time to use the next trick or not. It's always good to have surprises stored for the next enemy you fight. Unfortunately, Hisagi seems to stick to this rule too much - but that's all I'm going to say.

Unless you think going all out is going to give you a five second victory and no chance for your opponents to accurately assess your strength.

Come to think, Hisagi is one of the few shinigami thus far who faced a resurrected/released form of an arrancar without even pulling out their shikai.
That's true. Bankai should be the last thing to be used.
Although sometimes shinigami wait for far too long and reliaze that they need it when they have lost something
For example Byakuya VS Zommari.
He went bankai after he lost hand and leg
I think he should go bankai earlier...
Old 2009-05-15, 05:37   Link #102
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
That's true. Bankai should be the last thing to be used.
Although sometimes shinigami wait for far too long and reliaze that they need it when they have lost something
For example Byakuya VS Zommari.
He went bankai after he lost hand and leg
I think he should go bankai earlier...
Well, sometimes it can be used for the element of suprise. Others just use it for pure enjoyment, to test the ability of the foe. Anyhow, I think its best to keep Bankai a bit more reserved until the end of the fight. You want to suprise your opponent rather than tiring yourself out in the most powerful form you have.
Old 2009-05-15, 09:29   Link #103
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
^^pretty much. Lately, Ichigo's becoming the consistent golden exception to the pattern though.
Yes, but Ichigo also has character shield thicker than the Earth's crust.

Goku has nothing on Ichigo. Ichigo doesn't even need dragon balls to come back to life. He has PLOT POWER!
Old 2009-05-15, 10:18   Link #104
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Ichigo also has character shield thicker than the Earth's crust.
I wonder if Kubo intentionally does that for the lulz. j/k

Quote:
Goku has nothing on Ichigo. Ichigo doesn't even need dragon balls to come back to life. He has PLOT POWER!
Well, you won't see me argue with you there.
Old 2009-05-15, 17:52   Link #105
slowmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The shinigami's have a tendency to be all "I'm really, REALLY not going to try unless I'm 2 nanometers from death.
Which is what made me think that next week's episode is going to begin with every shinigami character in utter shock until all of a sudden: BANKAI!

I actually really like this arrancar's character while he was fighting with the sword. For some reason he kinda reminded me of raphael from soul caliber. Then he had to go and ruin everything with his stupid looking davey jones release.

And here is a question that may have an obvious answer, but what the heck i'm curious what people have to say:

Does ANYBODY else now think 69 is a total badass?
Old 2009-05-15, 18:03   Link #106
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmotion View Post
Which is what made me think that next week's episode is going to begin with every shinigami character in utter shock until all of a sudden: BANKAI!
are you saying you think there is going to be a bankai next episode?
cuz that seems kind of unlikely
Old 2009-05-15, 18:19   Link #107
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

Yes!! It's so amazing how 6 is aligned with 9's tail while 9 is directly facing 6's tail as 6 is standing on its head and at the same time these two figure are able to establish an apparent gap between them that isn't too far or too close. 6 and 9 together are a tapestry of symmetry. And we all know that symmetry is badass. w00t!!
Old 2009-05-15, 18:23   Link #108
Gin
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Yes!! It's so amazing how 6 is aligned with 9's tail while 9 is directly facing 6's tail as 6 is standing on its head and at the same time these two figure are able to establish an apparent gap between them that isn't too far or too close. 6 and 9 together are a tapestry of symmetry. And we all know that symmetry is badass. w00t!!
what a wonderfully insightful post as to the wonderous nature of the number 69
Old 2009-05-15, 18:26   Link #109
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Quote:

I knew it when I first saw the guy and was expecting to see him in action. Some of my friends thought that he will be the first one to die or was the weakest among lieutenants
Old 2009-05-15, 19:18   Link #110
Justin Kim
*Artist

Quote:

I actually really like this arrancar's character while he was fighting with the sword. For some reason he kinda reminded me of raphael from soul caliber. Then he had to go and ruin everything with his stupid looking davey jones release.

And here is a question that may have an obvious answer, but what the heck i'm curious what people have to say:

It was the eyes bro. At first sight I went:
"Best not be messin' with him"
Old 2009-05-16, 00:02   Link #111
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Kim View Post
It was the eyes bro. At first sight I went:
"Best not be messin' with him"
Yeah. Although I don't like to make comparisons between them, in some ways Shuuhei bears some resemblence to his former captain, Tousen. Both are serious ALL THE TIME. Have you ever seen either one of them crack a smile, even once? I sure haven't.

But yeah - one look at his Zanpakutou's shikai release and I'd be running for the hills. Not only is it pointy and sharp looking, but also has two blades on each handle (4 in all), a chain that can extend his reach quite far, and oh, these blades also spin as he swings them. Stand back.
Old 2009-05-16, 01:15   Link #112
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Yeah. Although I don't like to make comparisons between them, in some ways Shuuhei bears some resemblence to his former captain, Tousen. Both are serious ALL THE TIME. Have you ever seen either one of them crack a smile, even once? I sure haven't.

But yeah - one look at his Zanpakutou's shikai release and I'd be running for the hills. Not only is it pointy and sharp looking, but also has two blades on each handle (4 in all), a chain that can extend his reach quite far, and oh, these blades also spin as he swings them. Stand back.
His philosophy is also pretty solid. Fear instills caution and respect. People that are strong can openly admit to that they feel fear. Tousen has taught well.

What about Ikkaku? Does he know fear? Probably not. Can't blame him though. He is easily one of the most likable character since the time he was introduced. His luck-luck dance is what the legends are made of.
Old 2009-05-16, 02:14   Link #113
sayde

One thing I noticed is that the philosophy Tousen taught Shuuhei conflicts with much of the philosophy Urahara passed onto Ichigo prior to firing his first Getsuga Tenshou. I wonder who's philosophy is more correct?
Old 2009-05-16, 02:32   Link #114
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Tousen is a strange case. His dialogues in the show is indicative of someone who is capable of deep thoughts. His action, however, thus far has contradicted the apparent philosophies he live by. While it should be easy to just dismiss him as a hypocrite, something or the other tells me to not to draw any premature conclusion about him, and why he is with someone like Aizen.

Urahara, on the other hand, is a straight forward good guy who is waging war because he has Soul Society's interest in mind and want to protect what this organization represent at all cost. With that in mind, the philosophy derived by these two (Tousen and Urahara) might have come from two different mind under different circumstances, but ultimately they are both right in their own understanding. The underlying meaning behind their philosophies are also one and the same.
Old 2009-05-16, 02:39   Link #115
Lendial

what an incredibly beatifically animated episode why are they spending so much cash on this ep?
Old 2009-05-16, 02:43   Link #116
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I wonder why he didn't just used his Shikai in the beginning instead of getting his fudged packed for 15 minutes before winning without breaking a sweat.
Old 2009-05-16, 05:03   Link #117
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Tousen is nothing more than a weakling looking for direction. He may be strong in physical prowess...but he is mentally weak and unstable...he is a co-dependent personality.
Old 2009-05-16, 05:16   Link #118
Alchemist007
*Author

He's pretty certain about his ideals. He's just misguided in them.
Old 2009-05-16, 05:57   Link #119
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I wonder why he didn't just used his Shikai in the beginning instead of getting his fudged packed for 15 minutes before winning without breaking a sweat.
He was too busy being afraid of his power/assessing his enemy/taking his time answering all those questions :P
Old 2009-05-16, 07:50   Link #120
slowmotion

I'm starting to wonder whether it will be fox face that ends up taking on tousen, or team 69, or possibly a combination of the two with the cheapness of tousen's bankai.
Closed Thread