Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-31, 00:05   Link #101
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
She was probably the character that got the most complaints (even more than Ichigo).
He might've meant the Japanese fans. Their tastes are backwards compared to the most of the people here (They somehow liked Hitsugaya the most in one poll, probably because the VA is some popular guy).
Old 2010-12-31, 00:15   Link #102
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
He might've meant the Japanese fans. Their tastes are backwards compared to the most of the people here (They somehow liked Hitsugaya the most in one poll, probably because the VA is some popular guy).
Tastes are opposite because of the incompatibility of cultural values. Momo is practically worshipped in Japan, because she's their ideal of "the perfect woman". In the West, however, Momo is... not well liked.
Old 2010-12-31, 00:50   Link #103
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
What does that matter how there taste are back wards. Hitsugaya can be likable after all they are very traditional. The reasons we like certain characters are totally differ from some people here but then some people here like Toshiro too. Japanese people view things from a philosopher's view point
Old 2010-12-31, 01:36   Link #104
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Tastes are opposite because of the incompatibility of cultural values. Momo is practically worshipped in Japan, because she's their ideal of "the perfect woman". In the West, however, Momo is... not well liked.
Indeed.
What's funny is that they see exactly how the 'perfect woman' is exploited and perhaps will still not change their value on the matter (as if such a portrayal would). I find it funny that it can come off looking as if Kubo laughs at their values though.
Old 2010-12-31, 01:50   Link #105
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
What does that matter how there taste are back wards. Hitsugaya can be likable after all they are very traditional. The reasons we like certain characters are totally differ from some people here but then some people here like Toshiro too.
I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that, as a whole, culture (both local and national) plays a very large part of whether people react positively or negatively.

Quote:
Japanese people view things from a philosopher's view point
A philosopher's view point? Please. Philosophy is a love of truth and the seeking of knowledge, not a point of view.
Old 2010-12-31, 02:36   Link #106
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
I'm not disagreeing, I'm just saying that, as a whole, culture (both local and national) plays a very large part of whether people react positively or negatively.

Well yea that is true to a lot no getting around it I agreed with you

A philosopher's view point? Please. Philosophy is a love of truth and the seeking of knowledge, not a point of view.
I said Philospher's view not philosophy in America today we don't have a lot of them, but however many Japanese people are like philosophers now and they think that way
Old 2010-12-31, 02:40   Link #107
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I said Philospher's view not philosophy in America today we don't have a lot of them, but however many Japanese people are like philosophers now and they think that way
... I hope it doesn't sound arrogant but I like to consider myself to have a philosopher's way of thinking. And actually, the large majority of the world really doesn't have a philosopher's view. It's mostly just muddled feelings of subconsciousness that are ingrained in them since birth. They really don't know why they believe what they do, nor are they really aware of it. As a result there are inconsistencies in their thinking, hence why they appear to do complete 180s on certain issues and positions.
Old 2010-12-31, 02:53   Link #108
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
... I hope it doesn't sound arrogant but I like to consider myself to have a philosopher's way of thinking. And actually, the large majority of the world really doesn't have a philosopher's view. It's mostly just muddled feelings of subconsciousness that are ingrained in them since birth. They really don't know why they believe what they do, nor are they really aware of it. As a result there are inconsistencies in their thinking, hence why they appear to do complete 180s on certain issues and positions.
That is true there are a lot of people in the world who don't have one as I said there are only a small percent in America however Japan and lets not forget Japan is big, but not as big as America.
In my real life I at times consider myself one, but like you said many people have inconsistencies looking at different matters
Old 2010-12-31, 03:02   Link #109
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
That is true there are a lot of people in the world who don't have one as I said there are only a small percent in America however Japan and lets not forget Japan is big, but not as big as America.
In my real life I at times consider myself one, but like you said many people have inconsistencies looking at different matters
Exactly. Most of Japan's culture is tradition, and the problem with that is they no longer know why they hold those values, just that they're important.
Old 2010-12-31, 03:19   Link #110
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Exactly. Most of Japan's culture is tradition, and the problem with that is they no longer know why they hold those values, just that they're important.
I know but back in the day they were of course a long time ago many people could consider themselves Philospher's and soon then that number went down
The thing about Japan is they hold strong to there tradition that dead Japanese philosopher's left, but America didn't understand them so throwed them that is why I can respect Japanese as Philosopher's rather than Americans
Old 2010-12-31, 03:19   Link #111
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Generalizing is bad, so you're both wrong.
Old 2010-12-31, 03:25   Link #112
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
I know but back in the day they were of course a long time ago many people could consider themselves Philospher's and soon then that number went down
The thing about Japan is they hold strong to there tradition that dead Japanese philosopher's left, but America didn't understand them so throwed them that is why I can respect Japanese as Philosopher's rather than Americans
Americans didn't toss them away any more than they lost their own. They kept incorporating the cultures of the people that immigrated there, taking on a life of it's own. I'd say that's one of its philosophical strengths.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Generalizing is bad, so you're both wrong.
Generalizing is good; haven't you every heard of group think? And its racial profiling that's bad, not generalizations.
Old 2010-12-31, 03:36   Link #113
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Americans didn't toss them away any more than they lost their own. They kept incorporating the cultures of the people that immigrated there, taking on a life of it's own. I'd say that's one of its philosophical strengths.

Wait Japanese never lost there way only Americans did but yea they did begin incorporating other people's cultures
Old 2010-12-31, 03:38   Link #114
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Wait Japanese never lost there way
That was in response to you're point that Americans didn't understand it very well and so discarded it.
Old 2010-12-31, 04:03   Link #115
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
That was in response to you're point that Americans didn't understand it very well and so discarded it.
Oh well then exactly, but those traditions could have had some importance these tradition were made my people who thought themselves to be philosophers
Old 2010-12-31, 04:32   Link #116
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Oh well then exactly, but those traditions could have had some importance these tradition were made my people who thought themselves to be philosophers
Agreed.

As much as I've enjoyed this discussion we should get back on topic. What do you think the chances are that we'll see Uryu's dad fight in this arc?
Old 2010-12-31, 04:41   Link #117
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Agreed.

As much as I've enjoyed this discussion we should get back on topic. What do you think the chances are that we'll see Uryu's dad fight in this arc?
6/10 probably that he would, but looking at that a Quincy just got hurt this arc and we haven't seen Ryuken in forever I'd say quincy will play a role in it
Old 2010-12-31, 04:45   Link #118
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
I think it's about 50/50 but if he does fight I bet we only have about a 1% chance of it lasting very long.

On second thought, Kubo showing off Ryuuken's badassery would actually be totally awesome and a smart move. It happening isn't likely.
Old 2010-12-31, 11:14   Link #119
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Agreed.

Well considering that we never got to see Aizen, Yamamoto, Ukitake, Shunsui, Urahara or Yoruichi's bankai, I'm guessing it is almost 0% since Kubo hates being creative

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-12-31, 16:41   Link #120
Baragan

I know this is off topic but may u all have a happy new year
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion