Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-11, 08:09   Link #101
obnuchious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Spoiler:
yup yup. not to mention it could possibly earn points in his favor to have her in his camp when dealing with his sister....

Spoiler:
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 10:37   Link #102
Haigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by obnuchious View Post
yup yup. not to mention it could possibly earn points in his favor to have her in his camp when dealing with his sister....

Spoiler:
Hmm...she was just recently introduced so I can't get a feel for her yet but...
Spoiler:
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 11:07   Link #103
Amanomurakumo

Just one thing about the translation I felt needed to be mentioned:

Step-son and son-in-law are two different things, a step-son is married to the child of the parents-in-law, while a step-son is the son of one parent and becomes a step-son to the parent who marries their parent.

so the police woman Rinko Nakamura nee Kayama should be the protagonist's step-mother but the translator put him as son-in-law by mistake.
He's not marrying her daughter or anything.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 12:08   Link #104
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post

Step-son and son-in-law are two different things, a step-son is married to the child of the parents-in-law, while a step-son is the son of one parent and becomes a step-son to the parent who marries their parent.

so the police woman Rinko Nakamura nee Kayama should be the protagonist's step-mother but the translator put him as son-in-law by mistake.
uh...think you mistyped the word there
Schion93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 18:00   Link #105
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

I want to ask something,
if any one already done read tis novel til the last chapter, please tell me the name of first person who got summoned to earth . . .?

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 18:20   Link #106
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schion93 View Post
uh...think you mistyped the word there
Hear that whistling sound? That's the sound of my credibility after it went out the window, as it plummets to its end.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 01:08   Link #107
Haigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post

Hmm...yeah that's true. Maybe it should have been son by law. Because that's what I saw from the raws. Which would also mean a step-son...bahhhh literal translations..

For the next chapter, would you guys like me to post it as split or a whole chapter?
It's 22 pages compared to the 9 pages of the previous chapter.
-no progress at the moment. I got my attention dragged by Mother of Learning novel-
Old 2015-02-12, 03:13   Link #108
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigi View Post
Hmm...yeah that's true. Maybe it should have been son by law. Because that's what I saw from the raws. Which would also mean a step-son...bahhhh literal translations..

For the next chapter, would you guys like me to post it as split or a whole chapter?
-no progress at the moment. I got my attention dragged by Mother of Learning novel-
hmmm, maybe split will make it easier for you if you can find a good spot to split it at otherwise it might become unbalanced for you
Old 2015-02-12, 04:44   Link #109
Darius Drake

Quote:

Understandable. While they're very different stories, I see both Even If I'm Back, It's Still Fantasy!? and Mother of Learning as having similar appeals. They both have realistic Main Characters going through hardships in both a realistic manner and that we can't really properly relate to (the specifics of what Shinichi goes through, and how overwhelmingly powerful he is, may make it difficult for a reader to relate to him. That's the hope that is the reason why I'm willing to read a story about someone's who's as depressed as Shinichi is, anyway. Similarly, Zorian's situation is so unique that anyone not in that situation can be said to have difficulty relating, despite how realistic and deep the story is presented).

As for how to translate the next chapter, do what's easier/more comfortable for you to produce results. If you think that posting in small chunks will make it easier or more comfortable for you to translate, do it. If you think that diving into the story all at once will make it easier or more comfortable, do that instead. No need for you to burn yourself out before you reach the point where you have chosen to stop translating.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-12, 08:02   Link #110
Breidaluk

In Seirei Gensouki the TL team go at parts. He divides the chapters according to the size and release the parts at a fixed interval. If is too much you can go slower.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 10:27   Link #111
Haigi

Chapter 01-04 (part a) is up!

Since the author added a break line, I should probably divide the chapter here.
Old 2015-02-14, 10:41   Link #112
ndiezel

Oh lol. Someone capable of kicking Devil Lord's (and pretty much anyone else's) ass now have perfect alibi. Still sorry for him for what will come next.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 12:17   Link #113
Schion93

Quote:
Chapter 01-04 (part a) is up!

Since the author added a break line, I should probably divide the chapter here.
uh, I think the line saying "The relationship between this female officer and himself was just at the level of in-law" should be step son?
Old 2015-02-15, 05:01   Link #114
Darius Drake

Quote:
uh, I think the line saying "The relationship between this female officer and himself was just at the level of in-law" should be step son?
No, in-law's a perfectly fine word for that sentence. It's giving an aproximate level of relationship, and it goes both ways. Step-Son isn't entirely accuracte for that sentence, since it only goes one-way.

Yes, his relationship with her is that of a Step-Mother and Step-Son. However, their relationship IS at the level of that of an in-law, so the sentence holds up in English.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 08:07   Link #115
kaikalaila

Wow that subtle shift in behaviour when his rank and limit is leaked. Thanks again for the translation~
kaikalaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-15, 08:23   Link #116
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaikalaila View Post
Wow that subtle shift in behaviour when his rank and limit is leaked. Thanks again for the translation~
It's actually perfect for him. They created alibi for him by themselves. Or they could lock him somewhere with his SSS..SS stats.
Old 2015-02-15, 09:15   Link #117
Schion93

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
It's actually perfect for him. They created alibi for him by themselves. Or they could lock him somewhere with his SSS..SS stats.
yea not to mention that they are already interested in how he timeslipped 8 years...tho I'm mad cause they treat him that way simply cause of his rank
Old 2015-02-15, 09:18   Link #118
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
yea not to mention that they are already interested in how he timeslipped 8 years...tho I'm mad cause they treat him that way simply cause of his rank
Their attitude would make their reaction when his OPness is revealed all the more sweeter.
Old 2015-02-15, 09:31   Link #119
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Their attitude would make their reaction when his OPness is revealed all the more sweeter.
Wouldn't his ultimate power announce just bring him trouble. It's actually fine as long as only ladies know about that.
Old 2015-02-15, 09:35   Link #120
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
Wouldn't his ultimate power announce just bring him trouble. It's actually fine as long as only ladies know about that.
True.

... But for some reason I'm seeing his sister turn into a Tsundere brocon.

Tags
dimension traveling, fantasy, kaettekite mo fantasy, op mc, webnovel