3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-30, 19:57   Link #101
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Not that Mika is bad for advice since he looks at thinks in a special way and an outside the box thinker is always useful...however her field of interest aligns far closer to Orga....funny she gives him more of honorific considering she is a Princess but who knows maybe she is just being formal.
Her family is Martian upper class but Kudelia isn't a princess. She is the face of the Martian independence movement. That is why Nobliss, McMurdo, Gjallarhorn HQ and any other faction wants her at their side.

Kudelia started the ball rolling in changing status quo. Her message is not just for Mars but those for Outer Sphere and Earth Sphere.
It is about the self determination of every nation out there 300 years after they were unified under Gjallarhorn at the end of the Calamity War.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 20:51   Link #102
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Really I think Mika has acknowledged Kudelia but he doesnt care about Politics nor do I see much to suggest that Mika is all that interested in changing the world...making things better for his family sure...actively changing the world sure if a guy like Orga thinks its a good idea.
That's where character development comes into play... hopefully.
Old 2015-11-30, 23:12   Link #103
Tenzen12

To be honest I find whole notion of Mika being inspirational rather difficult to take. He is good in killing people and that's it. What makes him different from for example Akihiro?

It's not just Kudelia, but Orga too. I can understand later trying hard to live his expectations, because Mika depends on him lot. That's good reason to drive Orga, but it's not something truly admirable.

For the hole that reason Aline Mika - Kudelia dynamic seems to be too heavy handed, there are better candidates to learn from.
Old 2015-11-30, 23:35   Link #104
Skaddix

I would agree I say it only works for Orga and Mika because they have been together since they were little kids. Kudelia is more like he is good at kicking butt and a....doesnt treat her with kid gloves.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-30, 23:46   Link #105
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
To be honest I find whole notion of Mika being inspirational rather difficult to take. He is good in killing people and that's it. What makes him different from for example Akihiro?

It's not just Kudelia, but Orga too. I can understand later trying hard to live his expectations, because Mika depends on him lot. That's good reason to drive Orga, but it's not something truly admirable.

For the hole that reason Aline Mika - Kudelia dynamic seems to be too heavy handed, there are better candidates to learn from.
I agree. I understand the younger kids, because they would look up to their older sempai. Even Orga and Akihiro makes some sense in that Mika is a natural at things he tries, according to Orga. However, Orga particularly has shown his strengths that are in no way inferior to Mikazuki. I guess it has to due with something in their past that elicits his admiration. On the other hand, Kudelia has the least reasons for looking up to Mikazuki. I guess she admires his straightforwardness, but it's very forced, as the only reason is because of plot, rather than a fluid development.
Old 2015-12-01, 00:43   Link #106
monster

The reason why Kudelia initially gravitated toward Mikazuki might've been because he seemed the least threatening, which might have something to do with his height. From there, it's just a matter of their further interaction together and the fact that Mikazuki is the main fighter, which puts him in slightly more dangerous situations (not counting the difference in mobile suit ability).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 00:59   Link #107
Skaddix

More like only has to do with his height Mika is pretty darn dangerous and ruthless when Orga gives the kill Command...Mika goes for blood....I didnt think he come down from the bloodlust against Lafter for a second.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 01:27   Link #108
Kurohane

If I was going for the least threatening, I would have chosen Biscuit.
Old 2015-12-01, 01:33   Link #109
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
If I was going for the least threatening, I would have chosen Biscuit.
Without knowing anything else about their personality, Kudelia might've just gone with the only person smaller/shorter than her.
Old 2015-12-01, 01:48   Link #110
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The reason why Kudelia initially gravitated toward Mikazuki might've been because he seemed the least threatening, which might have something to do with his height. From there, it's just a matter of their further interaction together and the fact that Mikazuki is the main fighter, which puts him in slightly more dangerous situations (not counting the difference in mobile suit ability).
Yes, I guess that's why she picked him (Biscuit might better choice though), but she got "inspired" by him BEFORE there was enough interaction between th m and even putting that aside, their interaction might be enough for romantic development but far from warranting this kind of admiration.
Old 2015-12-01, 01:59   Link #111
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
she got "inspired" by him BEFORE there was enough interaction between th m and even putting that aside, their interaction might be enough for romantic development but far from warranting this kind of admiration.
So far, he's the only one who's making her rethink how her actions is being viewed from the people she thinks she's putting in danger.

And I actually view it the opposite way from you. Their interaction is enough for a non-romantic kind of admiration, which may or may not lead to a romantic interest.
Old 2015-12-01, 02:41   Link #112
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i would like to see more of that mechanic responsible for the Barbatos' upgrades considering his nerdgasm overload when he was tasked to be in charge of taking care of a Gundam, its a shame he is a Saisei exclusive character only.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 05:20   Link #113
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I agree. I understand the younger kids, because they would look up to their older sempai. Even Orga and Akihiro makes some sense in that Mika is a natural at things he tries, according to Orga. However, Orga particularly has shown his strengths that are in no way inferior to Mikazuki. I guess it has to due with something in their past that elicits his admiration. On the other hand, Kudelia has the least reasons for looking up to Mikazuki. I guess she admires his straightforwardness, but it's very forced, as the only reason is because of plot, rather than a fluid development.
I think it was because he was the one that was being the most frank with her and probably the most honest. He doesn't seem to particularly care that she's a noble or negotiator. Basically I feel like its rolling thread that has begun ever since that first handshake which led to other interactions, which led to other interactions and even more after that.

Mika was also the one who took the initiative to show her the "real" Mars, and the main reason he did that was because he felt something when Kudelia offered herself up to Gjallahorn in Episode 3. Kudelia seems to really liked that especially his thank you while on that farm. It's probabaly the most sincere and warmful thing anyone's said to her in the entire series. It also as Mika says, really helps her understand first hand what she's fighting for which she probably appreciates. Kudelia herself doesn't really reflect on the scene in later episodes but I can't help but feel it really warmed him up to her.

Akihiro has barely even talked to her if he has at all and while Orga is objectively more better figure to look forward to, I don't think the bond they share is close. Mika's always been brutally honest and upfront with her since the moment they meet and it probabaly left a huge impression in her mind.

Sometimes the people we look up to aren't necessarily the people who are actually the most charismatic or even objectively the best. Sometimes it can be the people we feel closest too and out of a lot of the Tekkadan, Mika and Kudelia have developed that. Mika and Kudelia are far from lovers and maybe they'll never be but I think their interactions like the ones they had at the Mars farms and maybe even that night before they left cemented something of a closeness. She never has moments like that with anyone else except maybe with Fumitan and a little bit with Atra I guess lately.

I also feel like her interactions with Orga seem very business-like at the moment, where with Mikazuki there was always more of a personal touch.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2015-12-01 at 11:31.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 06:55   Link #114
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I think there is a real dynamic, because they haven't established common ground except in little things. That's what Kudelia is struggling in general, as a symbol for her path. Mika has changed in his attitude toward Kudelia noticeably. Right, she's not his priority but she shouldn't be other than their business association.
That't why I think it's not working, they never established any common ground, thus their dynamic stales. It's not a dynamic at all exactly because they have no common ground. As expected given their portrayals. And it's fine if the show will address it sooner or later.

I said earlier as this is weakening her; just look at this meeting with the "godfather", if anyone would have been inspirational for her you would expect Kudelia would have stood her ground at this stage (after 9 episodes). I mean, not that she had to do much if not ask for more time to think about it. Instead she dropped her role during an important meeting to ask to his bodyguard what to do? that's not being inspirational, that's relying on someone else, an outcome that goes in the opposite direction of straightening her.

And what I fear is that the show will try to say otherwise because of plot (I'd fine strange, but you'll never know).

All in all I agree that it's hard to take Mika as inspirational outside the Tekkadan. Unless if intended as a tentative of Kudelia of running away from growing up. She actually is avoiding all the "adults" of the group, intended as the ones who takes decisions, sticking with Atra and Mika (she probably has yet to realize his role). We didn't see her around Fumitan either from the moment she stepped into the bridge. The very decision she had to take in this episode. As you said she already knew, but she couldn't take it by herself, because this is her way to run away.

In this light everything fits. The way she kept seeing Orga as "the boss"; the way she chose Mika in the first place (tallness), and disregarded the blonde guy (forgot the name) for his sexually awareness attitude and Orga because ... he is "the boss". In this light I have to assume she avoided Biscuits for his appearance. And later the way she was ready to consign herself to the enemy, the way the thought of having the AV system implanted to fight herself (this one iso on par to excluding Biscuits for his appearance in terms of childishness).
All these signs are pointing toward this direction. And this final meeting as I said above pointed at this too.
Do you think I'm stretching things? Me too, but not as much as the alternative seems to be

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 16:36   Link #115
askara

Did no one notice Atra's giant death flag? that older women say Atra could be good wife if he dont choose the wrong man! RIP
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 16:58   Link #116
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
Did no one notice Atra's giant death flag? that older women say Atra could be good wife if he dont choose the wrong man! RIP
I wondered why she said that. Makes it sound as if Mika isn't the right man for Atra, but if not Mika then who is? Chocolate Man?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-01, 17:19   Link #117
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I wondered why she said that. Makes it sound as if Mika isn't the right man for Atra, but if not Mika then who is? Chocolate Man?
It could also be that she was recalling her own past. We don't know much about her and her past. We don't even know how she ended up with Turbine amd the others. It could be that at one point she almost picked the wrong guy or it could really just be her warning Atra that Mika may not be tge right guy for her.
Old 2015-12-01, 18:12   Link #118
justpassingby

Huh? Why do people love to assign death flags to characters? It's not like they've reach terrible level like Inaho and Ass. I'm against killing a potential love interest just to give others " development", and winning chances to other girls.

Also, poor Atra and Mika in the previews. God knows what happened between them, and I hope both of them will end up alive and happy at the end of the series, with less Okada's dramas and less Gundam cliches.

And Okada knows why she didn' hook up Mika and Atra since the beginning.
Old 2015-12-01, 19:52   Link #119
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Huh? Why do people love to assign death flags to characters? It's not like they've reach terrible level like Inaho and Ass. I'm against killing a potential love interest just to give others " development", and winning chances to other girls.
Agreed.

I'm mentally prepared for any of the characters to die before the series is done. That's how it should be, really. It's not like I want characters to die but if it's done well it can still be satisfying - there's a fantasy novel series that I think has one of the most awesome and epic endings I've ever read and nearly every major character dies. Killing off characters cheaply is never satisfying.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-02, 10:59   Link #120
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
It could also be that she was recalling her own past. We don't know much about her and her past. We don't even know how she ended up with Turbine amd the others. It could be that at one point she almost picked the wrong guy or it could really just be her warning Atra that Mika may not be tge right guy for her.
I lean toward the former; for how much an experienced woman Amida could be it's hard to conclude anything about anyone in the short time they shared. Even less about someone like Mika.
Even if surely it was worded to make you think so.

Considering the particular nature of her family, it could easily be that her and the other wives all share some similar difficult past, as already theorized here. That would explain their bonds and their acceptance toward each other.
It would fit with the love argument Amida told to Atra, that was centered to have enough love. And not physically speaking (even if apparently Naze's is quite skilled in that regard listening to Laffter ).

What she was trying to say may have been that it's better to share a man able to love than have a monogamous relationship with a man unable to love, a dry man or, as likely implied, a man having a distorted concept of love (a violent man or even worse).

In that sense "finding the right man" wasn't meant specifically as "a certain man (Mika) being compatible with a certain woman (Atra)", but as a male being a man for a woman, for any woman. I mean, a violent man will be always a violent man, despite the woman. Even for less dramatic examples, a man unable to love will always be unable to.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote