View Poll Results: Meer VS Lacus
Meer 94 30.82%
Lacus 211 69.18%
Voters: 305. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-08-09, 05:12   Link #101
RanChaChaChan

To be blunt, I hate both of them. D:

But if I had to choose I'd choose Meer. She's less boring. :|

Last edited by RanChaChaChan; 2006-08-09 at 13:50.
RanChaChaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 05:31   Link #102
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Meer is a idiot. I don't like her because of that.
Lacus is just anoying.

I don't like niether of them but if I had to pick it would be Meer because she doesn't play a super big role like Lacus does. I'm not a fan of characters like Lacus, Kagome, Relena, ect...you know the girl protagonist thats good for nothing.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-09, 08:54   Link #103
X207
Gamyūsa

i prefer lacus, shes the one of the few ppl who can keep a cool head and a clear objective in chaotic times to end the war
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-14, 03:45   Link #104
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
I've never would've thought there were so many fellow Meer fans *teary eyed*

Meer. Why Meer?
- She has the healthier body. Skin and bones and random tumors (that can turn on and off) on your chest don't make you appealing.
- Lacus' expression is always the same emotionless grin or frown. Seriously the animators must've been happy doing the same expression over and over. Meer's expressions seem so real right down to the little details.
- She died a heroic death, after much character development (of which Lacus is oblivious too. If she saw her 16 year old self in the mirror the only difference was that the 16 year old one was a bit heavier, remembering something about Lacus' weight in Seed being higher than the one in Destiny) If you ask me it was really Fukada and Wife trying to get rid of Meer. "Oh noes competition for our goddess!? WE MUST TURN HER INTO A LACUS-DRONE AND KILL HER!"
- On the topic of Lacus-Drones, lol Meyrin "OMGZ It's in the middle of an extreme(ly one-sided) battle, BUT SIS, MEER IS A FAKE! HATE HER!"

"OMg Really Meyrin? That's just... OH SHI-" *gets shot at by DOMs* (We can imagine Lacus giving a dark grin at this scene)
Old 2006-08-27, 16:54   Link #105
Bellatrix
..::Milky..Way::..

I can't say that I hate meer, but... I don't really like her... She has a very high oppinion of herself, because of her new phisic... and she profits of it.

Lacus... I though that Lacus lost her strong will she once had in GS, however I prefer her personality than Meer's. ^.^'

But in all the femals character i realy love Stellar's... she IS the best.

(Lacus Rules!>>in GS ^--^)
Bellatrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 15:00   Link #106
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

There is not much to like about lacus if you dont prefer godlike characters (which i dont) Honestly, she is as perfect as one comes. I mean - she was 16 in GS and pretty much commands the three ship alliance. Her father gets shot, but she only sheds few tears, without really crying. (shes 16 for gods sake)

While Meer might seem annoying at times, at least she was realistic and literally overflowing with emotions, something Lacus lacks completely. Lacus has complete lack of character depth, she is as plain as it gets
Old 2006-08-29, 22:52   Link #107
4Tran

I prefer to think that Lacus is just hard to understand.
Old 2006-08-29, 23:21   Link #108
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
There is not much to like about lacus if you dont prefer godlike characters (which i dont) Honestly, she is as perfect as one comes. I mean - she was 16 in GS and pretty much commands the three ship alliance. Her father gets shot, but she only sheds few tears, without really crying. (shes 16 for gods sake)
I bet she cries when there is no one around. We just don't see it. Oh, but she cries, she full-on cries when she met Kira in person again, and in Kira's arms. Probably because his arms were the only place Lacus can cry in, safely and securely.

Age 16 really makes little difference in any Gundam universe. V Gundam comes to mind, remember how old Uso Evin was? 14!? And within a blink of an eye, he was already fighting in a war like a man. Yeah, talk about instant conditioning. Yeesh.

You are right, Lacus almost always smiles, but when she gets angry, it gets quite interesting I don't know, but I really loved her face when she saw Meer on TV for the first time. That was just... angrily cute.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 00:38   Link #109
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Im not saying she is not cute And she didnt really cry - i hardly consider the amount of emotions she showed with Kira full-on crying :P If you ask me she more or less choose to cry in his arms because she just wants to get closer to him :P (i dont mean it as cruel as i make it sound, but you get the general idea :P) I mean - she could pretty much cry in Athrun's hands as well, i doubt she would be any less safe there

I know that age of 16 doesnt mean much in Gundam un iverse, but i still cant dismiss the fact that she IS a 16 year old girl. But i dont know, i still prefer Meer over Lacus as far as characters go
Old 2006-08-30, 00:50   Link #110
Tak

Quote:
she could pretty much cry in Athrun's hands as well, i doubt she would be any less safe there
Oh, come on now, Athrun pulled a gun on Lacus (which to me, pretty much says: sorry hun, I am ending our relationship right here and now) Lets give some credit to Lacus' 'human' side if you will, she simply couldn't trust him as much. Besides, remember Athrun lost an arm after being shot by his father?

More reasons why Lacus can't cry in Athrun's arms! Gah! I love plot devices!

- Tak (Well, I thought they done it very well with that scene where Lacus flew into Kira's arms and started crying. After all, he was pretty much the only person who'd understand)
Old 2006-08-30, 00:54   Link #111
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

And remember that a few moments later Athrun saved Lacus from being shot ? Honestly, did you think for even a second that Athrun will shoot her ? Ofc not, and neither did Lacus. And shot arm and safety isnt an issue - after all Athrun caught her when Eternal was under fire when they were escaping from PLANTs, she didnt look too uncomfortable /scared and it didnt look like Athrun's arm bohered him
Old 2006-08-30, 01:02   Link #112
Tak

Quote:
she didnt look too uncomfortable /scared and it didnt look like Athrun's arm bohered him
Too bad she was no longer interested at that point

Her expression then seemed to say: "how long are you going to hold on to me?"

We all know who she wanted after that lil' incident with a certain young pilot being rescued and sent to be cared for by Lacus

- Tak (As if the premier of SEED wasn't obvious enough to tell who Lacus would eventually pair up with... Hell, when I saw her the first time I thought: Sorry Athrun, you never stood a chance. Score II for Kira the Bridejacker! First victim being Fllay!)
Old 2006-08-30, 01:10   Link #113
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Hey, i never said she was interested in such a vay in Athrun - im just saying that his Arms would be just as safe to cry in :P And i really dont think she looked like how long are you going to hold on to me - unless thats what smiling at Athrun means

And Kira was more like a victim of Fllay, not the other way arround (at least in the start, about the end...who knows :P)
Old 2006-08-30, 01:17   Link #114
Tak

Yeah, that smile had a dual meaning for me. It pretty much says "Thanks for holding on to me, but I am safe now, so hands off!" And for a second, I thought Athrun was confused...

- Tak
Old 2006-08-30, 04:46   Link #115
anselfir
Style Über Alles

lacus ftw...the simple reason is that after a while you just want a perfect girl that radiates kindness and goddessness, and i personally see lacus as the symbol of the ideal, and that is her role, the ideal. all must bow down to the ideal. >_>

as for the other lady her role is a personal one.
Old 2006-08-30, 06:31   Link #116
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
There is not much to like about lacus if you dont prefer godlike characters (which i dont)
What??????? Dude, you like Athrun. He pilots the fuckin Infinite justice...one of the most powerful gundam I have ever seen. He could probably take over the world with it if he wanted to. How isn't Athrun a godlike character? His gundam is freakin invincible.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 07:10   Link #117
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
What??????? Dude, you like Athrun. He pilots the fuckin Infinite justice...one of the most powerful gundam I have ever seen. He could probably take over the world with it if he wanted to. How isn't Athrun a godlike character? His gundam is freakin invincible.
Hmm...I think he meant to compare with Kira. See, Strike Freedom can take out more suits than Infinite Justice (theoretically), but that's not the issue here...

Hmm...What's the difference? One is a puppet, the other is a manipulator. While one genuinely wants to end the war in her own way, the other makes use of the people she can to achieve what she wants. That's just a small bit of my opinion, so don't mind too much.

Of course, concerning the bust size....
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 08:16   Link #118
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Meer is a idiot. I don't like her because of that.
Lacus is just anoying.

I don't like niether of them but if I had to pick it would be Meer because she doesn't play a super big role like Lacus does. I'm not a fan of characters like Lacus, Kagome, Relena, ect...you know the girl protagonist thats good for nothing.

i agree with you for most of that except for the part about kagome and relena those 2 actually do something every once in a while.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 09:10   Link #119
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Im not talking about the physical power here, in which case yes - Athrun would be pretty much overpowered, im talking about ones character - Lacus in her 16 years of age is the perfect human - perfect in every single way, perfect in her decisions, in her logic, shes a true saint that walks the earth.

Athrun has his doubts for pretty much the whole series, it doesnt matter that he is one of the 1337 pilots, what matter is his personality - and personality wise he is pretty normal human, while lacus is an angel walking on the earth and shining its light upon the universe. Thats what i dont like about her. Dully spent how much time planning his whole agenda ? Lacus looks at a piece of teilet paper with Destiny written on it and everything about Dully becomes clear to her
Old 2006-08-30, 09:15   Link #120
4Tran

Quote:
I know that age of 16 doesnt mean much in Gundam un iverse, but i still cant dismiss the fact that she IS a 16 year old girl. But i dont know, i still prefer Meer over Lacus as far as characters go
This point has come up a lot of times, and I've shot it down a lot of times. There have been many cases in human history where an extremely young person manages to do extraordinary things. If it's happened in real life, why would it be impossible in a work of fiction?

Quote:
And Kira was more like a victim of Fllay, not the other way arround (at least in the start, about the end...who knows :P)
I wouldn't say that Kira was ever Fllay's victim. The only person who ever thought that that was the case was Fllay, and her judgment in the matter is extremely questionable.