Old 2007-02-02, 22:57   Link #101
Richard 23
piko piko pikori

Dark? It is Higurashi, after all! ;-)
Richard 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 05:02   Link #102
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Just a few days before multiple midterms, and I have unfortunately gotten myself hooked on Higurashi's storyline (I don't care much for the horror, really, but I love a good mystery). I've been ravenously reading the TIPS and stuff here today...

Anyway, I have no real complaints about the seiyuus, as I thought pretty much everyone was fitting. I'm no music buff, even for series that I'm familiar with, so the music escaped my notice. The animation style, sure, could use work, but that's not why I'm enjoying the series. I don't really mind too much if Studio DEEN does the second season. I just hope they do the 7th and 8th arc at last, and if that's all they're doing for a second season, then there should be no excuse for making them longer than just 4-5 episodes so that we can actually get all that juicy plot explanation in. I'm the opposite of FatPianoBoy: after reading a story, I get MORE excited to see it in a different format. It's the same deal with Suzumiya Haruhi's second season. ^_^

I think a good chunk of the complaints most people had of the first season was the lack of closure. You have to admit, almost nothing was answered to any significant satisfaction. Hopefully, the second season will provide enough of a conclusion to raise this anime up past its former flaws.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 08:21   Link #103
dspr8_rugged
GN-001 Gundam Exia

Haha... that's a nice sig you have there. :P
dspr8_rugged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 09:52   Link #104
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspr8_rugged View Post
Haha... that's a nice sig you have there. :P
I second that. Can u make more? One for Oba-chan will REALLY rock
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 20:35   Link #105
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Too bad, already changed it :P I'll probably be changing sigs every week or two.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 23:11   Link #106
BakaOnna

Does anyone know if there's a release date yet? April? Summer? Fall?
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 23:29   Link #107
Icehawk

If there was im sure it would be posted here within minutes if not hours of its unveiling. I wish it was coming in April, just like when the first season started but I doubt it, probably summer is more likely.
Icehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 23:30   Link #108
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi_Faerie View Post
I still loop the opening theme ^_^' It's like I'm waiting to see if they can top it... The ending theme I like, it's beautiful and sort of haunting, I just wish it had been done so you could hear what was being said better. That's the only aspect that sometimes pokes at the back of my mind. To be honest if they just did a tasteful remix the original songs I think that would be interesting too...
I'd be really surprised if they topped the first OP and ED. The ED is probably my favorite pure Engrish OP/ED (not that it has much competition... its probably in my top 10 favorite EDs overall), and the OP is in my top 3 overall. (next to GitS 2nd Gig and 4th FMA OP)
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 13:11   Link #109
BakaOnna

I can read June 22nd on the official site. Can someone translate what it reads before that? Not the DVD 9 release date, since I understood that.
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/
Old 2007-03-04, 14:39   Link #110
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
June 22nd is for the Fan Disk release.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-14, 06:08   Link #111
Bloodseeker

Too bad that it doesn't look like this is coming out in April. Between this and StrikerS premiering and Code Geass season one wrapping up, April was looking to be one hell of a month for anime. (it still looking like its going to be great, but that would have been like one of the best months for anime ever)
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 05:44   Link #112
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Official anime site has been updated recently :
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/news/kai.htm

It is confirmed : Higurashi no Naku Koro Kai will be released in July 2007.
According the Seiyuu list, Hori Yui will be on the boat, we can then safely assume Hanyuu will be in the party.

The director will be the same : Kon Chiaki
as for the Music, Kawai Kenji will stay the composer (let's hope he will not fail on the climatic events this time...)

The character designer will be the same : Sakai Kyuta
It is maybe a premature opinion, but the rough sheets appear to be more detailed than previously. until there are some trailer/teasers, we can hope for a character design/animation improvement.

however, there is a little surprise in this announce : a mysterious young woman appears at the very bottom of the character rough sheets, crudely labeled as "? ? ? ?"

it would be interesting if KJ, sushi, freakman and any other original game players/PS2 would voice their opinion about her identity.
i can't see anyone fitting that character... PS2 game character? original character for the anime?
Old 2007-03-22, 06:30   Link #113
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Official anime site has been updated recently :
http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/news/kai.htm

It is confirmed : Higurashi no Naku Koro Kai will be released in July 2007.
According the Seiyuu list, Hori Yui will be on the boat, we can then safely assume Hanyuu will be in the party.

The director will be the same : Kon Chiaki
as for the Music, Kawai Kenji will stay the composer (let's hope he will not fail on the climatic events this time...)

The character designer will be the same : Sakai Kyuta
It is maybe a premature opinion, but the rough sheets appear to be more detailed than previously. until there are some trailer/teasers, we can hope for a character design/animation improvement.

however, there is a little surprise in this announce : a mysterious young woman appears at the very bottom of the character rough sheets, crudely labeled as "? ? ? ?"

it would be interesting if KJ, sushi, freakman and any other original game players/PS2 would voice their opinion about her identity.
i can't see anyone fitting that character... PS2 game character? original character for the anime?
What about this dude:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=40

The mysterious woman, that is, may come from this piece
Old 2007-03-22, 06:38   Link #114
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

i also thought about that woman, but this isn't really matching the situation.
despite her big contribution for [XXXXXX]'s plan/determination, she appears only at one part of the past.
i'm not really too fond of showing a "minor" character in such place :x (especially that she is shown, and not [XXXXXX] )
Old 2007-03-22, 07:32   Link #115
Thisguy
Negikamo

At first I thought about her too, but I had to ditch that idea because her expressions in rough sketch are far from what you might imagine from her.
...Am I the only one that see a similarity between that woman and Rena? her hairstyle in particular?
Thisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 08:04   Link #116
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
At first I thought about her too, but I had to ditch that idea because her expressions in rough sketch are far from what you might imagine from her.
...Am I the only one that see a similarity between that woman and Rena? her hairstyle in particular?
What about Renas's Mother? Or Adult Rena?

I still think shes is the woman of that Piece, because, for example, Chie-sensei is always depicted as part of the secondary cast (she is in the staff list, she is even in the manual of the PS2 game ), but her influence in the story is faaaar less relevant than Akasaka or Ooishi, that are also in the secondary cast. So, why not that woman, that plays a big role in the whole mess?
Old 2007-03-22, 11:58   Link #117
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I seriously doubt it's either of those, as that woman can't be a day over thirty even after considering inherent Asian immortality. Also, the plot kinda prevents that from being a grown-up Rena... unless the groundhog finally gets everything worked out this time

I suppose she could be the woman from that piece, but there's really no information for or against that. The only data in the pictures is her saying "Shiranai" ("I don't know"), so we've got nothing to go on.

Everyone probably already knows, but the 'Kai' in the title means 'answer, solution, etc.'
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 14:33   Link #118
BakaOnna

Yes! This is what I've been wanting for since they annouced a second season. Is it stated how many episodes there'll be?
Old 2007-03-22, 14:38   Link #119
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

no, and neither the arcs they will animate so... we will probably have to wait around paril/june for further information
Old 2007-03-22, 14:43   Link #120
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

July seems a good enough time for this to happen (yay for a Higurashi Summer). Very good news --- looking forward to hearing more: number of episodes/OP+ED.

Oh, and i'm very happy to hear that Kenji Kawai is back doing the music. I and many others have mentioned how the original games score works better, though that doesn't mean i don't enjoy Kenji's awesome score that i believe fits perfectly.