AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-29, 17:26   Link #101
Nikolaos

Betting on Apoo. Hope it's him. Never liked him anyhow. Let him die before he gets too annoying.

And one thought: the 16 bell rings can mean both the starting of new era AND Luffy's 18th birthday, since for him it is a beginning of new year in life.

Also, Marines aren't idiotic. They are completely nuts. Like if Luffy haven't declared war at them much earlier. -.- Plus - sharkish uber-admiral [king] Kong looks freaking awesome. He makes those two before him look like a couple of kids straight from kindergarden. I would like to see him do some arm-wrestling with Whitebeard.
Old 2010-07-29, 17:31   Link #102
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
So any other theories on that big mass? I don't think it's Blackbeard.
OMG Zoro and Perona are so cute together!! But I like that smoker's subordinate who isn't Kuina as well. GAH I'm torn apart.
LOL Franky's face. LOL Iva's face. LOL Rayleigh and Jimbei's faces.
That umbrella guy is creepy.
BTW is that doctor a fishman or just plain weird lookin?
Old 2010-07-29, 17:31   Link #103
Homura7

So Kong is a punky and Sengoku is an afro, what's next?
Old 2010-07-29, 17:37   Link #104
Darmill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Franky's face?
Exactly LOL I wonder how his eyes could still be intact with his face blown up like that
Old 2010-07-29, 17:59   Link #105
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
So any other theories on that big mass? I don't think it's Blackbeard.
Why does anyone doubt that its Blackbeard?

The marines said that BB had annihilated a supernovva, and in the next panel we see Capone's ship being sucked into a dark mass.

Manga designs are never linear in terms of time, it is possible that Oda jumped back in time to depict Capone's capture. Furthermore, he (as well as some islands it seems) is being sucked into a black hole which IS NOT SOLID...

How much more obvious can Oda get?

Anyhow...'All men of valor who step into the 'New World' say this about the first half of the Grand Line...that ocean was Paradise.'..lmao amazing.

And the island Urouge is heading to is also something. I wonder who the woman at the end is.
Old 2010-07-29, 18:35   Link #106
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
The marines said that BB had annihilated a supernovva, and in the next panel we see Capone's ship being sucked into a dark mass.
There are 12 pages in between the Gorousei mentioning Blackbeard's defeat of a Supernova and whatever happened to Capone. So, nothing you say here is accurate.

Everything else in the chapter follows a very linear progression, as the epic events (not witnessed) are described by a variety of people, and the present whereabouts of a variety of characters is shown. So, why would the Capone scene just randomly be a flashback to some time before the current events are being explained? It literally makes no sense for Capone's scene to be a moment from the past.

Quote:
Manga designs are never linear in terms of time, it is possible that Oda jumped back in time to depict Capone's capture. Furthermore, he (as well as some islands it seems) is being sucked into a black hole which IS NOT SOLID...
No it is not possible for such a random time jump to have occurred, unless you are trying to completely discount any and all continuity just to make Capone the one brought down by Blackbeard.

That being said, the ship crashes into something. If it was just being sucked in, then there would have been no crash, but since there was, that means the ship hit something solid. Specifically, here:

As anyone can see, Capone's ship hit the "shadowy" area you are claiming is a black hole. Considering that everything else that has every hit a black hole is simply sucked in, that means if Capone actually hit a black hole, his ship would not have crashed. But, since there was a crash, that means the shadowy area is, just that, a shadow (shadows often form in areas that sunlight doesn't hit, like, say, the bottom of a floating island ).

In the end, while Blackbeard may be an option for the floating island, there is nothing shown here that actually necessitates Blackbeard. (And no, Capone's ship being drawn to the large mass is not indicative of Blackbeard). One Piece is a world where giant plants pose as islands in order to eat sea monsters, and other islands are made out of clouds, and still other islands have constant lightning eruptions. So, let's wait and see if this is a natural phenomenon before jumping to the conclusion that Blackbeard is involved.
Old 2010-07-29, 18:36   Link #107
Homura7

Quote:
Why does anyone doubt that its Blackbeard?

The development with Capone takes place after Blackbeard took out that other supernova.

Basically what james says above.
Old 2010-07-29, 18:41   Link #108
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 594
This was a good chapter. There was a lot of information in this one. I wonder if there will be a time skip? It is looking more and more like a time skip is going to happen. It was good to see the Super Novas. One down and ten left.

Chain of Command Shakeup
Akoiji as a great chance of receiving the Fleet Admiral title. Oda might pull a fast one and put someone else. I wonder who will replace the position of one of the missing three admirals? I don't think its going to be Smoker. I see him in the future but not right now or anytime soon. Smoker's logia ability doesn't compare to Akoiji, Kizaru, and Akainu yet.

Eustass Kid's Crew
I never figured Killer to be smart or educated. I wonder what kind of person he really is?
Old 2010-07-29, 18:42   Link #109
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Y'know, this is just a guess but I think maybe that the thing in the sky in Capone's section is just a floating island and those things under it are what was outfitted to make it float?

They look like jet engines or something similar.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2010-07-29 at 18:58.
Old 2010-07-29, 18:49   Link #110
AnbuItachi

eneru would make a decent admiral!
Old 2010-07-29, 19:02   Link #111
Homura7

Oh, shit, I already know what's happening with Capone. He got abducted by the aliens!!!

Last edited by Homura7; 2010-07-29 at 19:24.
Old 2010-07-29, 20:00   Link #112
Lightmgl

With all of these flying entities continuously popping up in the Manga now (Shiki, Weatheria, the sky people, this floating mass) it really once again makes me wonder what about Raftel makes it so hard to reach by both sea and air.

That lightning island emphasizes the freakiness of the NW but still doesn't give us a reason why you can't just fly over it all with a good navigator...

Also that thing in the air definitely looks solid, but my money would still be on BB as I'm sure a man who can control Quaking and Gravity may have just found an easy way to go floating around on his own private rock.

The message is gonna be fun to interpret. Everyone is focusing on those 16 bell rings but the other parts have to be clues too to narrow it down from the potential 16 months, 16 days, 2 years, etc. Maybe something about the circle or the prayer is going to be important. For all we know right now it could be 16 years, that'd give the new age plenty of time to settle in just like the time gap from Roger's death to the original start of the series.

I'm also very intrigued about the marine situation in the NW as AoKiji makes it sound quite horrific and the WG does a good job keeping anything negative very hush hush. They must have some sort of agenda there because they can't hope to quell all the piracy and a massive rebellion in an area with such a weak foothold.
Old 2010-07-29, 20:05   Link #113
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It might have something to do with the giant, globe-circling continent which stretches 10,000 meters into the sky.
Old 2010-07-29, 20:10   Link #114
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

At least Fishman Island will be a nice change of pace from the usual One Piece settings. (Sky islands and regular islands)

I kinda figured there would be an underwater place at some point in the series.~
Old 2010-07-29, 20:29   Link #115
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Does no one care about Smoker? This chapter was filled with lots of things, but I don't think anyone's paid any attention to the poor guy in all these pages. I think Smoker asking to be transferred, with Aokiji saying he'll have to ask Sengoku if it's okay, is a good sign that Aokiji will be getting that promotion to Fleet Admiral. I have no idea what G5 refers to, but I like that it's an assignment most marines try to avoid and that Smoker and Tashigi will be going there. Good chapter, can't wait for the next.

Also, with the double issue coming up soon, that seems like as good a place as any to carry out the time skip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightmgl View Post
With all of these flying entities continuously popping up in the Manga now (Shiki, Weatheria, the sky people, this floating mass) it really once again makes me wonder what about Raftel makes it so hard to reach by both sea and air.

That lightning island emphasizes the freakiness of the NW but still doesn't give us a reason why you can't just fly over it all with a good navigator...
Flight is rare in One Piece. Are you suggesting a ship just fly over the lightning island? >_> Why not just sail around it if you're going to avoid it completely?

On the Grand Line, when you come to an island, you need to dock at the island and stay until you log pose or whatever it's called resets and starts homing in on the next island. Avoiding the island isn't an option.

Edit: I saw someone mention Fishman Island and just had a thought. What if the Strawhats skip Fishman Island? With Jinbei around, there might not be the need to have some crazy adventure there. What if the time skip were to start with the Strawhats about to set sail from Fishman Island, maybe doing some brief flashback montage about the fun times they had playing with Camie and Papagg there? <_< If that were the case, then we could just jump right into The New World. >_> I don't honestly think it'll happen, but it seems like enough of a possibility that I thought I'd post it. xD
Old 2010-07-29, 20:36   Link #116
james0246

^I mentioned earlier that Smoker might get a promotion if Aokiji becomes Fleet Admiral (I said specifically, Smoker could become Admiral, but I acknowledge that Vice-Admiral is more likely). Besides that, we've known for quite some time that Smoker wants to get to the New World, so asking for a reassignment isn't too out of the ordinary.
Old 2010-07-29, 21:01   Link #117
Lightmgl

Quote:
Flight is rare in One Piece. Are you suggesting a ship just fly over the lightning island? >_> Why not just sail around it if you're going to avoid it completely?

On the Grand Line, when you come to an island, you need to dock at the island and stay until you log pose or whatever it's called resets and starts homing in on the next island. Avoiding the island isn't an option.

Yeah avoiding the island isn't an option but when you look at things like Shiki whos flight abilities seemed to have no limitation, Enel who has now even managed to fly to the moon and Weatheria which exists in the sky and floats around having light contact with land dwellers. Nobody has just tried cruising around the grand line sky to find the islands without a pose? The only excuse I've heard so far is the Red Line is too tall to fly over, yet we know someone has climbed it so its definitely scalable. I find it hard to believe that nobody has just flown over the damn thing unless there is some other major obstacle in the way we haven't seen yet. I mean we know that ships can go underwater too, so something at some point in the Grand Line is stopping all further progression by land, air, water, and underwater.

Flight doesn't really seem so rare in One Piece, it feels more like most people just don't ever come across these powers in their lifetime living on the sea and ground. They keep introducing all these amazing and powerful characters who have abilities that should let them circumvent the natural horrors of the Grand Line while we haven't really been introduced to any real stopping obstacle in the Grand Line for people of this caliber aside from other people.

At least things should begin to focus on the NW for awhile. We've basically been told now that any pirate activity outside of there is small fry anyways. Its the only place in the world where the 3 powers seem to genuinely struggle with each other as opposed to the WG having firm control in the seas and first half of the Grand Line.
Old 2010-07-29, 21:15   Link #118
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
Does no one care about Smoker?

Say who?

Anyway, what with all of the shifts in rank that's about to occur in the marines, I really hope Oda will show us some new recruits by the time Luffy and co. arrive in the New World. I'm also rather curious as to what will become of Tashigi..... so far, she's been shown to be a pretty "normal" soldier with no outstanding qualities, but will she remain that way? Perhaps she too, will become a Haki user at some point? To be honest, I always sort of had the idea that she would end up being Zoro's final opponent in the series instead of Mihawk, so Oda may start to use this time to develop her character more......
Old 2010-07-29, 21:17   Link #119
Chupps

One of the best chapters I've read in a while. So many questions, answers and new developments. Garp and Sengoku removed from their posts (but no fired since they're like heroes). I always suspected, due to his fearsome power and total dedication to the marines, Aokiji to be the Fleet Admiral someday didn't think it would be this soon though. Smoker going to the new world to chase down the Strawhats.

Coby now has Haki and i suspect will become a great rival to Luffy like how Sengoku and Garp were to Roger. The nature of his Haki at the moment is unknown though it seemed similar to Mantra.

We finally learned what it was Luffy did in the newspapers and it was pretty awesome. Luffy, Rayleigh and Jinbei busting into MHQ, stealing a ship, sailing it, ringing the ox bell 16 times, all to send out a message that his Nakama would understand. It managed to confuse the whole world to be honest, pretty genius stuff. The marines in the Agenda chamber thought it was a declaration of war - idiots - while the media ate it up as a ceremony to grieve those who died in the war. Others even thought it was a statement that he's going to lead the new pirate age - He will, but wth?
I wonder if Zoro, Franky or Nami got the message. Well i reckon those three are pretty smart, i wonder how long it'll take Zoro to find his way though...

It was also great to see the Supernova's in action in the New World. Not all of them but at most, the interesting ones. Kid seems as ruthless as his reputation but i wonder if he's getting a bit too cocky. I very curious what happened to Capone Bege, was that the supernova that fell prey to Blackbeard? Gravitational pull does seem like BB but i don't see why he'd bother himself with Capone, i mean, he's hardly a threat at all.

The pirate world is definitely shifting. I wonder how the Strawhats are going to cope with these very large new targets over their heads thanks to their captain. I'm worried because, none of them seem to have gotten stronger at all, they just seem to have gone off into a hiatus.
Old 2010-07-29, 22:07   Link #120
Caliban
Dyaus Pitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupps View Post
I very curious what happened to Capone Bege, was that the supernova that fell prey to Blackbeard? Gravitational pull does seem like BB but i don't see why he'd bother himself with Capone, i mean, he's hardly a threat at all.
It would be quite easy for BB to transport his crew with such a devil fruit power.
Closed Thread