Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2023-02-16, 09:58   Link #1181
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://www.newsweek.com/marina-yank...-death-1781713

Marina Yankina of Russian MOD was found dead by a bystander who passed by.

Said she fell down from a window.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-16, 12:30   Link #1182
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

So we talking about

-The Kremlin trying to deal with corruption via assassination
-Corrupt government officials bumping off their compatriots to cover their tracks

Lotsa fun and games going on in the Mafia State.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-16, 14:36   Link #1183
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
So we talking about

-Corrupt government officials bumping off their compatriots to cover their tracks
-Ukranian operatives imitating russian modus operandi making the kremlin believe that it was an inside job all along, nothing to see here, move along, move along.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-17, 01:07   Link #1184
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Quote:
So we talking about

Lotsa fun and games going on in the Mafia State.
There's also toilet looting.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-ne...ort-sanctions/

Apparently, EU countries are banning anyone based in the EU from selling toilets to Russia.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2023-02-18, 08:23   Link #1185
The Green One

Man those Russian balconies sure need higher railings huh? Such "accident" prone people. My word.
Old 2023-02-20, 00:06   Link #1186
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

We are near the one year anniversary of the three day special military operation, it is a good moment to see what putin has going for and against him.

For:

- Support for Ukraine among citizens in the west is waning, which is to be expected, wars are expensive and many would prefer to see more money spent in social and other goverment programs. Expect russian propaganda in social media to exploit this trend.
- russia's air force has not been depleted as their ground forces, it still to be seen if they will enter the fray in year two.

Against:

- The sanctions were not expected to hit right away, Iran is a good example. But as times goes by the russian economy will gradually become weaker and weaker thanks to dais sanctions.
- Soldiers KIA cannot be recovered only with the draft, russia has lost a high percentage of their professional soldiers and sending civilians to the frontline as cannon fodder is not a real fix.
- russia is low in ammunition and it seems every couple of days military related infrastructure caught fire and/or explodes. If china does not send them ammunition from their own stockpiles then sooner rather than later they will lose by default.
- maybe it is unrelated, but I seem to remember that the "honeymoon" period after the successful invasion of Iraq was one year, I expect citizens of the russian federation start to get violent against their government soon™
Old 2023-02-22, 10:18   Link #1187
Key Board
Carbon

Ukraine has to win or has to achieve what they consider an end goal before the 2024 US elections
because everything after that is one huge question mark

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-22, 14:04   Link #1188
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That's nearly two more years before whomever wins that takes office in January 2025.
Old 2023-02-22, 18:53   Link #1189
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Ukraine has to win or has to achieve what they consider an end goal before the 2024 US elections
because everything after that is one huge question mark

//
Assuming Biden's health holds up (and at his age that's no given) he's winning in 2024. And by more than he did in 2020. He's been systematically underestimated from the start of his 2020 campaign and the Republican brand is increasingly toxic in most of the country, especially the suburbs.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-22, 22:53   Link #1190
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the real offensive putin has been hinting at for months is in fact the invasion of Belarus? I mean, putin needs a win at any cost and treacherous bastard is his middle name. Because time has run out, the latest offensive has already stalled and "mud season" will be in full swing sooner rather than later and after that come the leopards and company.
Old 2023-02-22, 23:04   Link #1191
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Does he even really need to invade when Lukashenko is already in his hip pocket?
Old 2023-02-23, 05:26   Link #1192
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Assuming Biden's health holds up (and at his age that's no given) he's winning in 2024. And by more than he did in 2020. He's been systematically underestimated from the start of his 2020 campaign and the Republican brand is increasingly toxic in most of the country, especially the suburbs.
I have seen in social networks, Trump and his sycophants are trying to cash in all the cowards who are crying about potential World War III and keep telling us that Zelensky and Biden are madmen hellbent on the destruction of civilization. All for "a small country that matters little in the biggest scheme of things", I quote.

A new Munich Peace deal with the entire "Is it worth dying for the Czechs?" energy in a nutshell.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-23, 06:27   Link #1193
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I have seen in social networks, Trump and his sycophants are trying to cash in all the cowards who are crying about potential World War III and keep telling us that Zelensky and Biden are madmen hellbent on the destruction of civilization. All for "a small country that matters little in the biggest scheme of things", I quote.

A new Munich Peace deal with the entire "Is it worth dying for the Czechs?" energy in a nutshell.
That's a fringe position in the U.S., and those who hold it were never going to vote for Biden anyway.
Old 2023-02-23, 12:28   Link #1194
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Many of them are "Team America" fans and will side with Ukraine if you point out that Russia is being an "asshole".
Old 2023-02-23, 16:37   Link #1195
ramlaen

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-con...ussia-8e353933

Quote:
The Biden administration is considering releasing intelligence it believes shows that China is weighing whether to supply weapons to support Russia’s war in Ukraine, U.S. officials said.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-23, 18:00   Link #1196
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

China is screwed either way. If they decide to send ammunition, russia rail lines will be sabotaged in multiple locations between china and ukraine and they risk their cargo ships receiving an ukranian missile if they intend to send them directly to Crimea. The best they can hope is sending equipment thru airplanes and even those aren't risk free.

I expect xi to attempt to convince the west of an east/west ukraine solution to the conflict; we know how that played out in vietnam.
Old 2023-02-24, 01:02   Link #1197
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Yonhap article on a rising ROK volunteer fighting in Ukraine who’s an ex-commando with Special Warfare Command and the NIS.

https://m.yna.co.kr/view/AKR20230221004900108

Someone translated some parts of the article

Quote:

Kim, who served in the Special Warfare Command and the National Intelligence Service for nearly nine years, entered Ukraine at the end of October after preparing since April last year. because he thought the war would not end easily and needed to pay back the help South Korea received in the past.
"I had experience of participating in irregular warfare abroad before. My great-grandfather campaigned for independence under Japanese colonial rule, and my grandfather was wounded in the Korean War. There is now the Republic of Korea because of the support of countries around the world at that time. If we are indifferent to this war, which country will help us in the event of a second Korean War later? If I turned a blind eye to this terrible war, I wouldn't be able to live the rest of my life proudly."

Old 2023-02-24, 16:24   Link #1198
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

I'm struggling to figure how the Chinese government could work out there being more pros than cons to outfitting Russia with significant amounts of weaponry. Using Russia as a threat to keep the USA from pivoting their attention to the Pacific made sense when Russia didn't need to be propped up to do that, and when using them to that effect didn't involve Europe becoming antagonized to China.

China itself doesn't really benefit directly in any way whether or not Russia can hold onto the territory in Ukraine it annexed, but has a lot to lose if them supporting Russia to brazenly and openly cause the EU nations to close ranks with the United States on China. This could manifest in a lot of ways, such as EU countries being more willing to support Taiwan, to Europe becoming less receptive to China's Belt and Road initiative if it's viewed as potential mechanism for the military ordinance of the PLA ending up on Europes doorstep.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-02-24, 16:58   Link #1199
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
... to Europe becoming less receptive to China's Belt and Road initiative if it's viewed as potential mechanism for the military ordinance of the PLA ending up on Europes doorstep.
Forget hard power, it would be soft power akin to the nordstream pipeline, I don't think the EU would like to make the same mistake twice.

Forget what benefits or not china and start thinking what winnie the xi wants. Because, atm invading Taiwan represents a net loss but I see no signs of him backing down on said idea.
Old 2023-02-25, 05:17   Link #1200
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Some resistance movement stuff:

https://mil.in.ua/en/news/atesh-resi...rimea-railway/

Atesh fighters blew up rails in Crimea’s Poshtovo near Simferopol.

____

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...attalion_from/

Sheikh Mansur Battalion released a video promoting their operations in English from Telegram.