3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 5.87%
Voters: 460. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-07-07, 21:25   Link #1181
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by muncheez<3 View Post
I TOTALLY agree wit u Shirley doesn't deserve to die, she was such a nice, innocent sweet girl, i was looking forward to a lulu x shirley ending and it took me a while for me to get over euphie's death but now dat shirley died i'm so ughh! i <3 shirley so i guess now itz between kallen and C.C (rly hoping he ends up wit C.C) i rly dislike rolo even thou shirley only wanted lulu and nunally's happiness, rolo just goes off and shoots shirley just cuz she mentioned nunally *sigh*

Let this be a lesson to all, nice and innocent is not something you want to mix with Code Geass that's like dipping your puppy into a pool of vicious piranha right there
Old 2008-07-07, 21:26   Link #1182
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Let this be a lesson to all, nice and innocent is not something you want to mix with Code Geass that's like dipping your puppy into a pool of piranha
Aye! Aye! I only hope that the two deceased girls are now looking out for their friends together.
Old 2008-07-07, 21:27   Link #1183
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Let this be a lesson to all, nice and innocent is not something you want to mix with Code Geass that's like dipping your puppy into a pool of vicious piranha right there
So that'd mean that we should expect the worst for Nunnally...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 21:27   Link #1184
chaosblue
of the counterattack

I wasn't able to watch ep 12 cause i had to go on vacation. When I got back, i downloaded both ep 12 and 13 today and finished watching it. Ep 13 made me feel sick after watching it along with ep 12. This episode was hard to stomach because of Shirley's death and now it seems that this is the point of no turning back for everyone's happiness. I didnt expect for her to die in this episode. R.I.P. Shirley.....
chaosblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 21:28   Link #1185
Aquaman OS

That's just sad that the only people in Geass that seem to die are the ones that don't deserve it while the people that do get off scott free. Kaguya and Tianzi better watch their backs. If you aren't Nunnally and are good then you're marked for death which is sad because Euphie and Shirley were cooler than Nunnally ever will be.

I wonder if Geass really can have a happy ending.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 21:28   Link #1186
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
She's neither, though. Nunally knows where she stands in the world, and knows her place. She also has power. Something Shirley had none of.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 21:30   Link #1187
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I actually still am of the belief that underneath her cute demeanor Nunnally harbors her own piranha like nature as well, and like Var said she has a stronger grasp of everything around her as well as a large amount of power she she can handle herself a lot better then Shirley did <_<
Old 2008-07-07, 21:31   Link #1188
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I actually still am of the belief that underneath her cute demeanor Nunnally harbors her own piranha like nature as well, and like Var said she has a stronger grasp of everything around her as well as a large amount of power she she can handle herself a lot better then Shirley did <_<
Let's not forget who her parents and brother are.
Old 2008-07-07, 21:34   Link #1189
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Let's not forget who her parents and brother are.
Was going to mention that as well, you can't escape completely unscathed from the dark influences that is the Lamperouge family.
Old 2008-07-07, 21:35   Link #1190
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var
She's neither, though. Nunally knows where she stands in the world, and knows her place. She also has power. Something Shirley had none of.
But so did Euphie...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker
"Dark Nunnally" again?
Well, I suppose we might find out that she isn't quite the frail girl the world in general - including Lelouch - might think that she is...
Old 2008-07-07, 21:36   Link #1191
Var
Banned

Quote:
But so did Euphie...
Euphie died after she lost all her power, remember?
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 21:37   Link #1192
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Was going to mention that as well, you can't escape completely unscathed from the dark influences that is the Lamperouge family.
Don't you mean the Vi Britannia family?
Old 2008-07-07, 21:37   Link #1193
DragonScythe

The Third Person

Ok, so here's my theory.

So, first of all, Shirley talks over to Rolo, asking about him and Lelouch and about whether or not he likes him. Shirley says that she likes him, and states that she wants to help Lelouch in his quest. Then, she mentions Nunnally.

Here's where my thoughts come in. Rolo immediately Geass's after she states that. Now, that can only mean one of two things. Rolo is triggered by the name of Nunnaly, and is furious so he immediately unleashes his rage. Or...something else could have startled him. What could that something else be? Remember, Rolo had previously worked for Brittania as a watch over Lelouch. The greatest person that could appear before Rolo that would startle him is none other than the Knight of One.

However, that is only one possibility. I am guessing that it must be a person who completely comprehends what Rolo's old mission was. Whoever the third person is must have heard the conversation, and realized that Rolo had taken the side of Lelouch. However, it must be a person who can defeat Rolo, which is why my conclusion was one of the Knights of Round. Figuring that the Knight of One is the strongest, he would be able to take down Rolo easily with some sort of ability which can break Rolo's time freeze.

So, the scenario would look something like this.

Lets just use the Knight of One for a basis of argument. Ok, so Rolo and Shirley are talking about Lelouch, and all of a sudden, the Knight of One appears behind Shirley. Rolo immediately realizes that he has made a mistake talking to Shirley, as he they had talked about BOTH Lelouch and Nunnally.

The Knight of One would realize that Rolo's loyalty has changed. Rolo immediately Geasses, and the time freezes. However, assuming that the Knight of One is all powerful, he would break the barrier, and capture Rolo. This would free Shirley from the time freeze, and Shirley will certainly try to stop the Knight of One. The Knight of One will fend off Shirley, reversing her gun pointed at him, making her shoot herself. He would then take Rolo away, which explains why Rolo was not there afterwards when Shirley is dying away.

That, to me, is much more believable than the Suzaku story. Plus, how the hell would Suzaku break the time Geass, I doubt he would have that willpower. To me, the Knight of One seems much more powerful and should be able to break the Geass, and besides, the title of "Knight of One" is not a light title.

The thing is, if there was a third person, it must be a person strong enough to break Rolo's Geass.
DragonScythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 21:38   Link #1194
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Wasn't she still the governor at least?
Old 2008-07-07, 21:40   Link #1195
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Nunnally is also more aware of the harsh reality of the world as well compared to Euphie, having gone through one of the most traumatizing influences imaginable. In that sense, she isn't really as soft as Euphie was but is still sensitive enough to retain the fundamental ideals Euphie tried to carry out.

To beat power you must have power, an established Code Geass rule I feel

Quote:
Don't you mean the Vi Britannia family?
The Lamperouge branch of the family is a cut above those other complacent fools in the rest of the tree
Old 2008-07-07, 21:42   Link #1196
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Nunnally is also more aware of the harsh reality of the world as well compared to Euphie, having gone through one of the most traumatizing influences imaginable. In that sense, she isn't really as soft as Euphie was but is still sensitive enough to retain the fundamental ideals Euphie tried to carry out.

To beat power you must have power, an established Code Geass rule I feel
I personally believe that if she wants to, she can order people to do some really horrible things (properly worded), and people will obey without the Geass, if they don't think twice about it.

Quote:

The Lamperouge branch of the family is a cut above those other complacent fools in the rest of the tree
Aye! Aye!
Old 2008-07-07, 22:03   Link #1197
Neux

Why Shirley's death is suspect:

- Shirley's fatal wound seems to be a bullet wound and not the favoured knife Rollo carries

- Shirley was facing the stairs when talking to Rollo but she is found dying facing another direction

- Shirley's finger was not on the gun's trigger when Rollo used his geass and when she was found dying suggesting that she didn't pull the trigger at any point in time in between and thus didn't knowingly kill herself

- The palm of the hand Shirley has holding the gun is facing towards the ground...if Rollo grabbed Shirley's hand to shoot herself, I would assume the palm of her hand would face up like her other hand when she falls and hits the ground...so it seems unlikely for Rollo to grab Shirley's hand and pull the trigger himself

- Rollo is an experienced assassin and would have made sure Shirley was dead especially since he had time to finish the job even if he made a mistake if he was worried that Shirley might reveal info to others

- If Rollo simply snapped and killed Shirley on impulse, thinking of a way to kill her and avoid arousing suspcian like taking her gun and shooting her, and placing the gun seems too elaborate for someone who is supposed to be in an unstable state incapable of reason

- Shirley's dying posture with her arms spread out seems odd...seems like she was trying to shield someone from a gun shot

- The small pools of blood near Shirley's feet ... seems odd they would be there...if she was shot and was still standing, the pools of blood should be closer to her feet...they don't seem to be caused by splashes from the large pool of blood either as that large blood of pool shouldn't be there the moment she falls

- The mask falling could be the mask of the person trying to attack Rollo and Shirley

- The scenes of the locket before and after Shirley meets Rollo seems odd...it seems to be the one Rollo usually carries, but that locket is quite important to Rollo judging from his reaction when Lelouch tried to take it away from him before...if it's so important, why is Rollo not carrying it with him and instead it is displayed someplace else
Neux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:05   Link #1198
finalnight
Supreme Commander

I like the badass clamp drawing of lelouch and suzaku in the ending, looked like the volume cover of the two syaorans they did.
finalnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:06   Link #1199
defrule

Very sad death. I really want Shirley to stay around for Lelouch but I guess he's destined to be alone with that Geass.

I really didn't expect that from Orange. I'm glad though, he's been an interesting character from the very start and having him being able to Geass cancel is a huge asset.
defrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:23   Link #1200
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neux View Post
Why Shirley's death is suspect:

- Shirley's fatal wound seems to be a bullet wound and not the favoured knife Rollo carries
What did Rollo do in I believe episode 3? When Lelouch had a gun pointed at him and planned to geass it was suddenly taken from him. Rollo has no problem taking a weapon conveniently in his presence and using that.

Quote:
- Shirley was facing the stairs when talking to Rollo but she is found dying facing another direction
Like during the cupid festival Rollo can move a body. It's not that tough to accomplish.

Quote:
- Shirley's finger was not on the gun's trigger when Rollo used his geass and when she was found dying suggesting that she didn't pull the trigger at any point in time in between and thus didn't knowingly kill herself
Well no question about that one. She has no reason to kill herself at any rate.

Quote:
- The palm of the hand Shirley has holding the gun is facing towards the ground...if Rollo grabbed Shirley's hand to shoot herself, I would assume the palm of her hand would face up like her other hand when she falls and hits the ground...so it seems unlikely for Rollo to grab Shirley's hand and pull the trigger himself
Really seems possible he took the gun and shot Shirley. Then it looks like it was hastily put back into her grasp while he then ran away.

Quote:
- Rollo is an experienced assassin and would have made sure Shirley was dead especially since he had time to finish the job even if he made a mistake if he was worried that Shirley might reveal info to others
He would know that the wound would kill her anyways. The area was abandoned and it would take time before anyone came into the place to discover her. Also possible he was paniced afterwards, put the gun back in her hand quickly and then ran. If this was an impulse killing then it would be different from his usual work.

Quote:
- If Rollo simply snapped and killed Shirley on impulse, thinking of a way to kill her and avoid arousing suspcian like taking her gun and shooting her, and placing the gun seems too elaborate for someone who is supposed to be in an unstable state incapable of reason
Well impulse for a regular person and impulse for a trained assassin might differ slightly. Could have heard what she said about Nunnally, kicked up the field, took the gun and then shot her. Only then would it come to him what he'd just done and the consequences with the relationship with Lelouch.

Quote:
- Shirley's dying posture with her arms spread out seems odd...seems like she was trying to shield someone from a gun shot
Or she simply fell down with her arms spread. If she thought that there was a danger it would have meant she saw someone attacking them. Then she would have likely at least mentioned it to Lelouch. But she didn't say anything giving credance to how she didn't know what happened.

Quote:
- The mask falling could be the mask of the person trying to attack Rollo and Shirley
But the masks relate to Shirley's perception of someone. She was just focused on Rollo and if someone else did come to attack she would have been inside the geass freeze that Rollo had just put up. Also if someone had tried to attack them they would have been caught in the field just like Shirley was leaving little reason why she could have been killed even by accident.
Quote:
- The scenes of the locket before and after Shirley meets Rollo seems odd...it seems to be the one Rollo usually carries, but that locket is quite important to Rollo judging from his reaction when Lelouch tried to take it away from him before...if it's so important, why is Rollo not carrying it with him and instead it is displayed someplace else
Isn't that inside his pocket along with his cellphone? Where else would you expect it to be when he's walking around? When she first ran into him and asked if Rollo liked Lelouch it flashed to that pocket, which is black like the rest of his uniform.