AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-04-15, 13:52   Link #1201
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Can you guys take the "political" discussion to the LN forum? It's not like you're basing it on the 2 eps that were broadcasted.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 15:41   Link #1202
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
Hmm, after giving it some thought, I think the reason why the US Mahouka site felt so off is because it looks like it was designed for Japanese text, and the English text is being forced into that configuration. With the way some of the pages segregate different topics (especially the key word page), I half expected to be reading text top to bottom, and then right to left.
Basically the US site is literally just a lazy mirror version of the JP one with englsih text pasted on and little no Web standards. Even only having done that little there still mistakes throughout it. No wonder it went up so fast.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 15:51   Link #1203
Rava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Basically the US site is literally just a lazy mirror version of the JP one with englsih text pasted on and little no Web standards. Even only having done that little there still mistakes throughout it. No wonder it went up so fast.
Yep yep. I hope someone gets on the ball for it, but it's probably difficult enough just doing translations in this amount of time.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 22:23   Link #1204
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Please stick to discussion of only the content shown in the anime in this thread. And, as was already linked, the "nationalism debate" is not permissible on this forum. People are bringing it up to re-kindle old arguments that, among other problems, have nothing to do with anything shown in the anime yet. Please stop.
Old 2014-04-15, 22:31   Link #1205
Chimurry

Well, from video PV: next is Tats on Disciplinary team and patrol duty, plus and most likely heavy bad ass mode when fought severals club guys at the same time.
Chimurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 22:35   Link #1206
maplehurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
If Japan is favorable in mahouka, then I question your definition of favorable. You guys sound like haters rn.
You make a good point but let's not add fuel to fire. It's not a good idea to call others out to be something inflammatory when that's not yet certain to be the case.

Last edited by maplehurry; 2014-04-16 at 07:20.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-15, 23:33   Link #1207
rladls716

The magic itself is hard to understand.
But using and controlling magic with high level of understanding is more hard ten times.
What should Course 2 students do?
Just practicing and training won t help, look at Erika, Miyuki, and Leonhart, yes I saw the opening.
It is a curse, the body itself is already at its limit, it wont go beyond as it expected.

Wait, never mind, I was confused.
It is just that this magic school that Tatsuya and his friends are attending, is the school's expectations are too high?
Tatsuya was the first place in paper tests, not practical.
He might be the best freshmen in ordinary high school, not "Mahouka Koukou".

Last edited by Flower; 2014-04-16 at 01:33.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 00:54   Link #1208
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Probably been mentioned before (actually I know they've been mentioned before, but I'd never seen the name), but there is a side series of shorts in chibi format called "Yoku Wakaru Mahouka" that explains stuff like how the magic works, and the setup of the school, etc. This is all stuff that was in the LN and manga but removed or glossed over to streamline the anime. There are three of them out so far, and everything in them would have either been explained by this point in the LN or manga or does not affect plot. I think anime-only viewers shouldn't have too much of a problem getting the overall plot of the series or enjoying it without additional info, but if you find yourself getting lost, I'd recommend checking them out.

LN or manga readers should enjoy them as well. They're pretty cute.
Old 2014-04-16, 01:36   Link #1209
pampz21
ShipCore

PV= I might die this week!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 06:47   Link #1210
Gundamx

USA is favorable in superman(or any usa comic)
so I don't see the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
They're still busily updating the site. When I looked through the character profiles, Erika's didn't say anything at all.
I cheated little
if tetsuya = http://mahouka.us/character/#c01
and mayuki = http://mahouka.us/character/#c02
than Erika = http://mahouka.us/character/#c03
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 07:13   Link #1211
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post

I cheated little
if tetsuya = http://mahouka.us/character/#c01
and mayuki = http://mahouka.us/character/#c02
than Erika = http://mahouka.us/character/#c03
They havent translated Erika though; and too much hype in the series but I havent seen something worth being hype about except for the last scene of ep. 2 and My beloved Erika.

So how does the anime-viewer feel about the hype? Any series that you think needed to be more hype than this?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:10   Link #1212
kenshinstyle

This show doesn't really stand out in any way to me like say, Fate/Zero does with just the first episode of it. Don't really get the hype either, though its just the first 2 episodes so still possible to get better.
kenshinstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 09:23   Link #1213
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinstyle View Post
Don't really get the hype either, though its just the first 2 episodes so still possible to get better.
I think a big part of the hype was just due to the fans of the LNs being excited that one of their favourites was getting an anime after such long time. The LNs are at volume 12 or so, therefore it is understandable, seeing other series getting anime adaptations much earlier.
Old 2014-04-16, 09:25   Link #1214
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Twelve volumes is a nice number. At least it would have enough breathing room for a possible second season if it makes a decent haul.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 10:26   Link #1215
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
So how does the anime-viewer feel about the hype? Any series that you think needed to be more hype than this?
I've previously raised this question, as an unsuspecting anime viewer who was somewhat underwhelmed/ confused by the hype. But from what was said, it might be too early to judge at this point, in this particular case due to the amount of material.

So there's no point judging yet imo, although it's likely a bit overhyped - nothing groundbreaking or innovative here, but the hard fantasy aspect is nice.
Otoh the hype is understandable, coming from LN readers who love it. Much less deserving things have been hyped in the past. Mahouka is just fine.
Old 2014-04-16, 11:33   Link #1216
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
They havent translated Erika though; and too much hype in the series but I havent seen something worth being hype about except for the last scene of ep. 2 and My beloved Erika.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshinstyle View Post
This show doesn't really stand out in any way to me like say, Fate/Zero does with just the first episode of it. Don't really get the hype either, though its just the first 2 episodes so still possible to get better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I've previously raised this question, as an unsuspecting anime viewer who was somewhat underwhelmed/ confused by the hype. But from what was said, it might be too early to judge at this point, in this particular case due to the amount of material.

So there's no point judging yet imo, although it's likely a bit overhyped - nothing groundbreaking or innovative here, but the hard fantasy aspect is nice.
Otoh the hype is understandable, coming from LN readers who love it. Much less deserving things have been hyped in the past. Mahouka is just fine.
Yeah, the hype came from the novel readers. That part in the very beginning with the nuclear finger-gun? That's the kind of stuff we were hyping about. It takes a little bit to get to it, though.
Old 2014-04-16, 14:25   Link #1217
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Yeah, the hype came from the novel readers. That part in the very beginning with the nuclear finger-gun? That's the kind of stuff we were hyping about. It takes a little bit to get to it, though.
Exactly. That's what I'm sticking around for. I generally don't judge after an episode or two (unless something is very obviously bad lol) and from what I've gathered it's probably fair to give this one a bit more time than the typical three episodes before forming an opinion Way too early still.
Old 2014-04-16, 15:22   Link #1218
YourToaster

Haha, the end of the second episode made me laugh...

YourToaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 19:01   Link #1219
jcdietz03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
That's my problem with this. It seems like superman, with characters so powered it seems nothing can challenge them. So then they need overpowered enemies. To me it screams, EXTREME! in all caps, the writers are obviously trying too hard to create something exciting.
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 19:17   Link #1220
Lazy cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
That's my problem with this. It seems like superman, with characters so powered it seems nothing can challenge them. So then they need overpowered enemies. To me it screams, EXTREME! in all caps, the writers are obviously trying too hard to create something exciting.
do you read the novel? because i don't think that the 2 episodes we have so far are enough to compare the charecters with superman.
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural