Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-20, 00:55   Link #1241
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Yakumo is winning? Mikuru is currently leading! I may turn bald from the constant rollercoasting of their leads!
It's been steady for the last few hours. I predict whoever eventually does win will see a big boost of votes in the few hours leading up to poll's close, since that's generally what happens. Which is why I think it'll be Mikuru.

I'm only hanging on to the thinnest strand of hope now.
Old 2006-09-20, 00:55   Link #1242
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
I actually enjoy the Ichigo Mashimaro manga more so than it's anime counterpart. If you ask me, the manga literally runs circles around the anime.
From what all of you are saying, I'm getting the feeling the doujin-ish thing that I read is not the manga. But I'm pretty sure what I read is from Barasui, the manga-ka. Maybe he did doujins too (wouldn't be the first).
Quote:
Anyway, Mikuru seems to be doing fine, but I still worry about Nagisa. If SP fans are late voters, they better get their act together soon.
Glad to see you were able to vote today. And nice little shop you posted earlier - I'm hoping that the kitty will be right after all!

It's almost 1500 Japan Time. From what I've seen on Ando's charts, 1500 is about the time that Saimoe contests reach 50% of total votes. The votes could skew differently after this point, but in most of the contests, about half the total votes are cast before 1500, and half after.

So there's still plenty of time for any of today's contenders to make a move, Nagisa can't afford to lose much more ground to Shana while waiting for the big push, though.
Old 2006-09-20, 00:57   Link #1243
Lackadaisical

As of the 900th post:

Mikuru - 532
Yakumo - 523

Shana - 489
Nagisa - 421

801 - 900: Shana - 469(20); Nagisa - 378(43)

Shana's led edged out to around 100 before being brought back to seventy. Nagisa has been matching or surpassing Shana in the more recent vote numbers. Whether this suggests a comeback is hard to say. A great deal of the expectation for a comeback is based more on the reputation of the Strawberry Legions as being devoted voters than any particular brilliance of Nagisa. While Nagisa has fans, Shana's is likely the stronger competitor. Although the Legions might be certain to show up for Chikaru or Tamao, I wonder how much support they'll lend to a character who, despite being the main character, isn't the most popular of the Strawberry girls.

Edit: As of the end of the second thread:

Mikuru - 577
Yakumo - 557

Shana - 527
Nagisa - 442

Last edited by Lackadaisical; 2006-09-20 at 02:34.
Old 2006-09-20, 01:12   Link #1244
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86
From what all of you are saying, I'm getting the feeling the doujin-ish thing that I read is not the manga. But I'm pretty sure what I read is from Barasui, the manga-ka. Maybe he did doujins too
The first two chapters of the manga have a very different art style from the rest of the story. Was Nobue a blondie in the one you read?

Quote:
Glad to see you were able to vote today. And nice little shop you posted earlier - I'm hoping that the kitty will be right after all!
Thanks for the comment. at one point I though only one person noticed it.

Quote:
It's almost 1500 Japan Time. From what I've seen on Ando's charts, 1500 is about the time that Saimoe contests reach 50% of total votes. The votes could skew differently after this point, but in most of the contests, about half the total votes are cast before 1500, and half after.

So there's still plenty of time for any of today's contenders to make a move, Nagisa can't afford to lose much more ground to Shana while waiting for the big push, though.
Whatever the end results is, it was a pretty interesting match all the way to the end.

I am also adding School Rumble to my "Hope I can watch someday list" along with Nanoha (wich I also mentioned earlier). If so many people like the characters, then this show must be doing something right.
Old 2006-09-20, 01:33   Link #1245
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Yakumo is winning? Mikuru is currently leading! I may turn bald from the constant rollercoasting of their leads!
Eh well...

Mikuru is leading, which is good
Yakumo is losing, which is bad
And Haruka is still invisible in the match

I still hate the match
Old 2006-09-20, 02:34   Link #1246
Arimfe
SharpenerOfTheBoxcutter

Location: where Grudge is Greatest, Rancour Endless and Malice Eternal(at school^^;;)
Voting thread link updated: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1178

Previous Shana pics: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=375
More pics:

Shana's video clips (10 /20 MB): http://up.viploader.net/src/viploader47228.zip.html
http://www.774.cc:8000/upload/src/up13114.zip.html
Password: saimoe

Consider help voting for Shana if you still have a vote to spare. Thanks
Old 2006-09-20, 03:19   Link #1247
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

It's past 1 AM here in Los Angeles. The sun set long ago on the Hawaiian Islands. A stray vote here and there may remain to be cast, but the Americas have done what they can in today's titanic clashes.

There will still be voting from China, Korea, the Philippines, and other Asian locales. But we know where nearly all of the remaining votes will come from.

We turn our gaze to the Pacific, over thousands of miles of azure seas, toward a bow-shaped archipelago off the Asian mainland. We struggle fiercely to understand what this nation of otaku, salarymen, race queens and cosplayers will do in the waning hours. We are counting on you, Japan. We are counting on you.

What will you do, Japan?
Old 2006-09-20, 03:38   Link #1248
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
The first two chapters of the manga have a very different art style from the rest of the story. Was Nobue a blondie in the one you read?
I don't really remember, and it's long gone from my hard drive. I see that the manga/graphic novel is licensed by Tokyopop, so I'll see if I can find a copy to browse or buy. Thanks.
Quote:
I am also adding School Rumble to my "Hope I can watch someday list" along with Nanoha (wich I also mentioned earlier). If so many people like the characters, then this show must be doing something right.
Pretty much what I was thinking, for School Rumble at least. I only watched two episodes before stopping, I think I have to give it another try.
Old 2006-09-20, 04:29   Link #1249
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

As always, all counts are strictly UNOFFICIAL

Thru posts #1-200 of the 3rd Voting Thread

Mikuru - 577 + 32 + 37 = 646
Yakumo - 557 + 29 + 37 = 623

Shana - 527 +18 + 32 = 577
Nagisa - 442 + 29 + 26 = 497

EDITED to correct Mikuru (+1) and Nagisa (-2) on recount. Sorry.
And now REALLY Good night, folks.

Last edited by Agent86; 2006-09-20 at 04:50.
Old 2006-09-20, 05:08   Link #1250
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

as of this moment Mikuru's lead over Yakumo has ballooned to at least more than 30

with 4 hours remaining to vote, and even though Yakumo is more moe to me, it will take only a miracle to overcome Mikuru... *sighs*
Old 2006-09-20, 05:12   Link #1251
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I've conceded. She put up a good fight. Maybe next year, if there's a SR3.
Old 2006-09-20, 05:14   Link #1252
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

i've conceded as well... Haruhism is just too much for Yakumo-san... T_T
Old 2006-09-20, 05:47   Link #1253
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Too much? It's just 30 votes. Other notable characters were squashed in their rounds. Losing after getting so many votes with a difference of 20-30 is not something to complain about. Although, maybe it's just me trying not to feel sorry for my other 2 favorite chars in this round.
Old 2006-09-20, 05:54   Link #1254
Bloodseeker

Yay! Go Mikuru!
Old 2006-09-20, 05:58   Link #1255
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yakumo or Mikuru may pull a Chikaru on the two last hours. It is not the time to write one of them out yet.

I'd say the same about Shana and Nagisa.

Ok, I may be not the Mikuru fan, but I love this doujin page drawn by the creator of Churuya.

Spoiler:

Utsura Uraraka wonderfully captured the Mikuru's "moe". Needless to say, I melted.

Last edited by Sheba; 2006-09-20 at 06:26.
Old 2006-09-20, 06:13   Link #1256
Lackadaisical

As of the latest votes:

Mikuru - 736
Yakumo - 714
Old 2006-09-20, 06:44   Link #1257
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba
Yakumo or Mikuru may pull a Chikaru on the two last hours. It is not the time to write one of them out yet.
On the thirty-ish and rising vote lead frusta mentioned before, it was. On the twenty-four vote lead Lackadaisical just reported there's still hope... maybe, just maybe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Losing after getting so many votes with a difference of 20-30 is not something to complain about.
I'm not complaining. I was (at the time, though, with hindsight, it might have been a bit too premature) conceding. Yakumo has always had the odds against her, and she was always going to have an uphill battle to win. From the beginning, she only had a minute chance. The fact that, at times today there were stages where we all thought that maybe, just maybe there was an upset on the cards speaks volumes about how amazingly well she's performed. Win, lose or draw, she and all her supporters can walk away from today's fight with our heads proudly held high and our love for Yakumo unwavered.

Hell, no matter what today's result is, I can say that I've had a hell of a lot of fun following the voting, moreso than any other group in this tournament to date. The rollarcoaster ride really is a lot more enjoyable when you have a big emotional investment in it and the contest is close and goes right to the wire.
Old 2006-09-20, 06:45   Link #1258
Rin-Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
I'm sorry, but you have this statement backwards. I know Shuffle is somewhat popular around here, but it's popularity is not as high as it might seem. Rozen Maiden has a much larger and more dedicated fanbase (and apparently, so does Ichigo Mashimaro, much to my surprise). And losing to a Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi girl should, at this point, be just about expected. Ultimately these are characters from better known series, not lesser known.
(Kareha FTW! My my my Asa-chan!)

And, for the record, Ichigo Mashimaro is enjoyable in a completely non-lolicon way - though I'm sure it's appeal is much greater if you happen to be a lolicon.

EDIT: Of course, Mashiro is an annoying git through most of Otome - so that balances it out somewhat. The beautiful thing about imouto is she's never on screen long enough to get obnoxious, but she's around often enough to do cute things like this:

In addition to your (very good) point about how long ago Shuffle aired, let me also throw in (again) that _no_ anime based off of an ero-game has done well in the tournament this year with the exception of Fate/Stay Night. And even then, F/SN (the anime) has a lot more in common with Shakugan no Shana or Rozen Maiden then it does with Shuffle or DCSS.

Sorry about that. i missed Kyon's little sister beating Nerine.

and Strawberry Marshmellow actually ISN'T a very well known anime. The girl from that show who beat Asa was just lucky.
Old 2006-09-20, 06:58   Link #1259
Woland
Latin Rascal

Finals are still so distant and we have this commotion over the thread

But it's really a tigh and exiting fight between Mikuru and Yakumo (poor Haruka...) as expected.
Of course my vote for our favorite "battle waitress from the future" it's a sure thing, for now
Old 2006-09-20, 07:59   Link #1260
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

Looks like I ended up voting for Yakumo & Shana (I don't know much about them )

790 :れい :2006/09/20(水) 21:43:39

<<塚本八雲@スクールランブルシリーズ>>
<<シャナ@灼眼のシャナ>>
Closed Thread