AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-29, 04:15   Link #12721
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Marston View Post
That so? All right, then. These "other characters", outside of being awed or worshipping at whatever Tatsuya does, what motivation do they have, what moves them? What are their flaws? What are their conflicts and struggles? What gives them depth and how do they influence the story and/or reflect its themein a way that doesn't involve Tatsuya?
How many volumes did you read? The 1st volumes focuses on Tatsuya's talent to show how flawed the system is, Miyuki being the 2nd protagonist will obviously shine as well. Tatsuya is competent in various domains but there is only one character who worships him.

You should at least read till volume 7 and you will see that the author focuses on other characters too. Even considering that you read only 2 volumes, Leo and Mizuki's goals are already known and they don't involve Tatsuya at all.
Old 2014-03-29, 04:40   Link #12722
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Marston View Post
I read first few volumes of the light novel, and it seems to me that this is one of your average wish-fulfillment work centered around overpowered (as in, overpowered in comparison to other characters in the setting) main character who is also a hypocrite.
Why hypocrite?

Quote:
Outside of main character and his sister, nobody in the whole series feels like an actual character, as if the whole setting and characters are created ONLY to make the main character look like an utter badass.
Spoiler for Answer only possible with VERY mild spoilers:
Old 2014-03-29, 10:11   Link #12723
Lazy cat

madhouse did this much propaganda for mahou senso as well? because i think they are pretty much dedicated to mahouka, this is a good new, my expectation is over 9000!!!
Old 2014-03-29, 10:33   Link #12724
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy cat View Post
madhouse did this much propaganda for mahou senso as well? because i think they are pretty much dedicated to mahouka, this is a good new, my expectation is over 9000!!!
They better do well...Fuck this up, and I'm never going to look forward to another Madhouse anime ever again.
Old 2014-03-29, 11:31   Link #12725
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

I want volume 13 I need info on it like I need water.
Old 2014-03-29, 12:18   Link #12726
whitecloud

i just watch the special...do you guys think it is enough? and do you think they will need more special to explain more because im sure as hell they will unable to explain every system, knowledge in 30 minute episode
Old 2014-03-29, 12:33   Link #12727
nosaer

even the novels spread out all of its explanations to cover events. I imagine it'll be something similar in the anime. an episode of just explaining how magic works would be incredibly boring
Old 2014-03-29, 12:43   Link #12728
yuzen003

The director also directed Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere which has so much world building and info dumping it was considered unadaptable, and similarly they produced a bunch of lecture videos and a glossary (I think there was a new lecture and additions to the glossary weekly) rather than pausing the action for long explanations. It sold well and is generally considered a successful adaptation, I am moderately hopeful that he can do the same with Mahouka and we might get another season or two.
Old 2014-03-29, 14:21   Link #12729
Galacticichi

I'm just still overjoyed that the anime will have 26 eps

btw why the harem tag? At least 3 girls: Miyuki, Honoka, ?
Old 2014-03-29, 14:30   Link #12730
HypeDemolition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticichi View Post

Because if any females are single and come into contact with the MC people will reach and say they're a love interest.
Old 2014-03-29, 14:31   Link #12731
Guest2

Quote:

...Sayaka, Erika, Mayumi, Pixie, Lina, Kobayakawa, Chiyaki, Fumiya, Kent.
Old 2014-03-29, 14:31   Link #12732
J4n1

Quote:

I kinda assume the harem tag is there mostly out of hope and not any concrete story elements (unless people know something i don't about vol.13+).
Old 2014-03-29, 14:34   Link #12733
BW95
Banned

Quote:

Pixia and Lina.
Old 2014-03-29, 14:43   Link #12734
Mentar
Banned

The harem tag is utter nonsense. Only Honoka and Miyuki have expressed/displayed any romantic interest in Tatsuya. There is latent development potential for Mayumi, and arguably Erika and Lina, but that's it.

Harem is something entirely different.
Old 2014-03-29, 14:49   Link #12735
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
The harem tag is utter nonsense. Only Honoka and Miyuki have expressed/displayed any romantic interest in Tatsuya. There is latent development potential for Mayumi, and arguably Erika and Lina, but that's it.

Harem is something entirely different.
And Honoka was turned down already, so until further developments, that ones out of the game.
Old 2014-03-29, 15:05   Link #12736
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
And Honoka was turned down already, so until further developments, that ones out of the game.
A harem consists of 3 or more girls going after the MC or having some level of definite romantic feelings or attraction for him. Whether the MC turns one down is irrelevant. It is completely dependent on the females.
Old 2014-03-29, 15:07   Link #12737
Galacticichi

Yeah the addition of Lina would've met the reqs but she went back to America

I doubt Tatsuya and Mayumi's relationship will progress any further than it has and as long as Satou-sensei supports pairings as he has been, I believe the only candidates left of characters already introduced are Kasumi, Izumi, and Azusa.
Old 2014-03-29, 15:08   Link #12738
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Yeah the addition of Lina would've met the reqs but she went back to America
Doesn't change the fact that she definitely has some feelings for him.

On another note, I find it interesting when Tatsuya's existence is revealed to the world. Far as I know, the stunts he pulled with Material Burst were pretty much the first use of strategic class magic the world had really seen. I think it'd be an interesting story if he's targeted by some assassin from GAA out of personal revenge.
Old 2014-03-29, 15:47   Link #12739
Iamis

Tatsuya has already been the target of a capture or kill operation by the USNA, and they are Japan's allies

If his identity got out I doubt it would be just one assassin from the GAA, more like a massive Black ops operation to kill him at all costs
Old 2014-03-29, 15:49   Link #12740
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamis View Post
Tatsuya has already been the target of a capture or kill operation by the USNA, and they are Japan's allies

If his identity got out I doubt it would be just one assassin from the GAA, more like a massive Black ops operation to kill him at all costs
I said an assassin from GAA not hired by the country trying to get personal revenge. After all, Tatsuya's little stunt did take millions of lives.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings