AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-13, 23:27   Link #1281
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Oh I'm not disagreeing with that especially given everyone is probably around 19-18 years old now. I just could also easily see them not doing it either.

Well he is more or less the one of strongest shaman in Japan right now. If he does get defeated it won't be for a long time.

As far we know at moment she is the famed Yakou researcher who used to work in the Spirit Division/Department and happens to be close friends Ohtomo and Zen. IIRC she's apparently traveling/allied with Harutora as of vol 10.

There is a new Tokyo Ravens EX in where it supposedly focuses Ohtomo younger days at the academy. So well probably get a bit more her in there too.
are you sure about that?it's no that i doubt you,but it's the first time i've heard about it:in none of the summary or spoiler was it mentionned before,and you even said "apparently".
that would make her the first real yakou follower.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 23:39   Link #1282
Iron Maw
Banned

There are plenty of "real" Yakou followers.

That's what Takiko considers herself and part of the reason why she betrayed the Twin Horn members within the Agency.

Anyway I read that on JP Wiki awhile back through a machine translator, so I don't know how accurate that is. Suzu isn't a follower as far i know, but she did supposedly help Harutora during vol 9. So her sticking by him isn't too surprising taking that into consideration.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-02-14 at 00:26.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 00:01   Link #1283
kakarotlssj

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
are you sure about that?it's no that i doubt you,but it's the first time i've heard about it:in none of the summary or spoiler was it mentionned before,and you even said "apparently".
that would make her the first real yakou follower.
Even if she is with them, reason must be kon not Yakou. Well its good to know he has some followers who are not itching to stab him.
kakarotlssj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 00:07   Link #1284
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Eh, but Kon's no longer a youjo.
Old 2014-02-14, 00:32   Link #1285
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarotlssj View Post
Even if she is with them, reason must be kon not Yakou. Well its good to know he has some followers who are not itching to stab him.
now i wonder how Suzu's reaction to kon transforming from chibi fox was.

that aside, I don't think Yakou's enemies and opposition are mostly alive assuming grandma Miyo was still a kid during then and the only contact that carried on is somewhere out there and he visited him after steamrolling the way.

also, Amami is kinda familiar with the granny... did he even have contact with Yakou then?
Old 2014-02-14, 01:22   Link #1286
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
now i wonder how Suzu's reaction to kon transforming from chibi fox was.

that aside, I don't think Yakou's enemies and opposition are mostly alive assuming grandma Miyo was still a kid during then and the only contact that carried on is somewhere out there and he visited him after steamrolling the way.

also, Amami is kinda familiar with the granny... did he even have contact with Yakou then?
maybe he is already enrolled at school that Yakou establish by then.
Old 2014-02-14, 02:31   Link #1287
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
As far we know at moment, she is the famed Yakou researcher who used to work in the Spirit Division/Department and happens to be close friends Ohtomo and Zen.
Is she actually friends with them? I know they got grouped together at school, but Suzu seemed happy to have an excuse not to see Ohtomo when Douman wanted to see him, and Zenjiro acted oddly when Natsume and Kyouko brought her up.

Quote:
IIRC she's apparently traveling/allied with Harutora as of vol 10.
Really, hadn't heard that.

BTW, I can't quite get a good read on Takiko's character. Can someone help explain her for me?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 10:03   Link #1288
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

I just went through all of the Novel Illustrations and realise that the anime (ep18) is base on vols 8. So are they (the anime producer) going to cover up to all 10 volumes in just 24 ep?

For some reason I have a feeling that there ALOT of cut and paste just to fit all 10 volumes in just 24 eps.

Could anyone who have watched and read the NL please confirm if the anime is doing a great job and staying true to the NL?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 10:10   Link #1289
DarkDooM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
I just went through all of the Novel Illustrations and realise that the anime (ep18) is base on vols 8. So are they (the anime producer) going to cover up to all 10 volumes in just 24 ep?

For some reason I have a feeling that there ALOT of cut and paste just to fit all 10 volumes in just 24 eps.

Could anyone who have watched and read the NL please confirm if the anime is doing a great job and staying true to the NL?
They're animating volumes 1-9. From volume 10 onwards the second part of the story starts.

And obviously they're cutting and changing a lot.
Old 2014-02-14, 10:49   Link #1290
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Really, I thought it was well made, but if you put it that way, I guess I'll start reading the LN, since I am pretty much up to date on the LN i'm currently following.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 11:01   Link #1291
Chris38

Most likely no one is going to take notice of this post ... but the third side story of volume 4 has been translated on BT
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 12:05   Link #1292
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakarotlssj View Post
In her case I think she has interest in Yakou himself that doesn't have much to do with Kon. Suzu did extensively write about him and the Raven Coat, not mention she knew how to perform Taizan Fukun Ritual all which is considered taboo and banned in magic community nowadays. Furthermore she managed to somehow get in contact and form a relationship with both Douman and Kakugyouki, very old and elusive people who you never meet ordinarily unless you knew where to look. And... they just happened to be well acquainted with Yakou too.

So whatever her goal in Yakou is whether it be scientific or not, it's more than just Kon (though that helps ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Is she actually friends with them? I know they got grouped together at school, but Suzu seemed happy to have an excuse not to see Ohtomo when Douman wanted to see him, and Zenjiro acted oddly when Natsume and Kyouko brought her up.
While Ohtomo does seem to consider her a bit of a troublemaker, he definitely cares about her given that he asked Douman if she was alright and his had relived expression at the answer. I think it is the same case with Zen.

Quote:
Really, hadn't heard that.

BTW, I can't quite get a good read on Takiko's character. Can someone help explain her for me?
My impression of her so far is that of someone who is a sincere and probably pleasant person under most normal circumstances. Unlike the other followers who's fanaticism towards Yakou is based on how they could use him to give themselves power, she appreciates him entire for his genius in Onmyoudo. While this has lead Takiko to be quite ruthless her in goal weakening and eventually driving out the other faction that have degraded Twin Horn, she's not without compassion or humanity making her a Well Intentioned Extremist. When the story dives more into her past it well pretty intriguing what kind of life she led to this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Most likely no one is going to take notice of this post ... but the third side story of volume 4 has been translated on BT
Nah man. All posts are appreciated here, thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-02-14 at 12:21.
Old 2014-02-14, 15:13   Link #1293
Preciize
Them Feels~

Anime viewer here. After the latest episode, I'm curious about Harutora's biological mother and where she is. Anyone know?
Old 2014-02-14, 15:42   Link #1294
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Anime viewer here. After the latest episode, I'm curious about Harutora's biological mother and where she is. Anyone know?
i'm more curious about why no one in the last episode comment about harutora unexpected power-up:sure,the fact that natsume is a girl should come as a shock,but who between them is really yakou should be more important,right?
at less,in the anime,no one-including suzuka and touji-seem concerned about it
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 16:45   Link #1295
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
his biological mother died a years ago. Harutora stated that himself (in the latest episode)
Old 2014-02-14, 18:27   Link #1296
Quol
That Guy

I dont think its that they werent surprised about the power up, if you look at when Harutora used the high grade fire spell and that 5 gods shield they were all visibly surprised.

Its just that Natsume being a girl took the attention away from him. Someone getting a power up is less scandalous then the head of a famous family pretending to be a boy.
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-14, 20:36   Link #1297
Used Can

I don't think you can even call it a power-up.
All Harutora seemed to do was to be extremely efficient at the spells he performed.
The only thing that could be called above-the-norm being when he used a spiritual disaster as energy to burn Shaver.
Old 2014-02-14, 20:48   Link #1298
Iron Maw
Banned

That's exactly it. It's not a "power up".

All the small break in the seal did was allow Harutora to better control and utilize his spiritual energy. Everything else he knew to do through prior knowledge. Unfortunately the anime made look like the opposite since it don't not foreshadow that strong enough like the LN did.
Old 2014-02-15, 00:14   Link #1299
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilch_Saber View Post
his biological mother died a years ago. Harutora stated that himself (in the latest episode)
Wait. In the anime, Harutora still doesn't know the truth behind his birth. The only mother he knows is Chizuru and she's not his biological mother.
Old 2014-02-15, 00:18   Link #1300
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Wait. In the anime, Harutora still doesn't know the truth behind his birth. The only mother he knows is Chizuru and she's not his biological mother.
I think he meant Natsume's mother. The first sentence was relating to the LNs, while the second was relating to the anime, so it kinda got confusing.

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural