AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-11, 12:50   Link #1301
tsunade666

few seconds. no no no. The moment she laid an eye on her. Mikoto is toast.

Mikoto doesn't stand a chance against the saint class. And the magic sides are trained for battle unlike mikoto which is trained to use her ability or rather a dependent of her ability.

Just bearing one of the artifacts of the magic side. One can hope of beating her. And magic is much broader than the science side. The can literally destroy a whole country out of one blast.

Mikoto stand a chance against the lower tier but against the main troop... naah.

That's one the magic side needed always the imagine breaker because no matter how godly the attack is just use touma as a shield and your fine. That guy can take on a shot stronger than a cannon barrage.
Old 2010-01-11, 13:45   Link #1302
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Take this example, against Vent of the Front, she can no longer more than few seconds against her Divine Punishment.
duh, neither can accelerator...

i think you picked the wrong magician as an example...afterall, there aren't that many magicians on the same level as vent, and with magics similar to her...

styl would be a better example(and i still think mikoto would lose to him, simply because he's a better, more trained and experienced "fighter")...probably...
Old 2010-01-11, 13:58   Link #1303
tsunade666

No, I think mikoto has a chance as long as they don't fight in a area where styl has the chance to distribute his cards. Because once his inocentius is summon. I don't know how will mikoto counter it. Because railgun will be useless against it. And it even withstand a dragon's breath where a legendary spell that took down the tree diagram which is in the outer space.
Old 2010-01-11, 16:03   Link #1304
ZeroForever

why would mikoto need to counter it as Innocentius is limited in location and like all golem creatures there's no reason why mikoto can't simply take out the caster as Innocentius doesn't really provide protection from aoe or multi-directional attacks.

either way... please stop with the vs posts, as it's all opinion based BS that kills kitties.
Old 2010-01-11, 16:56   Link #1305
Miraluka
Banned

Because she doesn't know how works the magic :P. Lets stop this please.
Old 2010-01-11, 18:03   Link #1306
babohtea

Eh, one more thing I'd like to add to the magic vs esper debate.

Espers are a lot faster and more self-sufficient, while Magic tends to rely on ritual circles or stances. If you can screw around with that you have a chance.
Old 2010-01-11, 19:23   Link #1307
Miraluka
Banned

-The magic side is more conditioned for battle and the science side only their undergrounde organizations of mercenaries like ITEM only, thats why Aleister relies on his artificial angels.

-Mikoto doesn't have for now what requires to kill and thats her most weak point because its a very importanct factor for a battle.
Old 2010-01-11, 19:47   Link #1308
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The bad thing for the railgun is they neglect the magic side and will continue to neglect it.
Well, the Index DVD special Railgun novels did involve the magic side, and the main Railgun manga is still only one and a half arcs in. So who knows? Maybe they'll actually put in more people from the magic side later on.
Old 2010-01-11, 20:10   Link #1309
babohtea

Quote:
-The magic side is more conditioned for battle and the science side only their undergrounde organizations of mercenaries like ITEM only, thats why Aleister relies on his artificial angels.

-Mikoto doesn't have for now what requires to kill and thats her most weak point because its a very importanct factor for a battle.
You mean she can't bring herself to? I'm pretty sure she has the capabilities of killing people power wise.

Also, electric shocks can paralyze targets - good enough to win a fight.
Old 2010-01-11, 20:15   Link #1310
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Neither does Touma and he turned out fine.

Mikoto would have wipe the floor with Stiyl. Even if Inocentius cannot be destroyed, her Railgun packs enough power to tear apart most of the surroundings, including Stiyl.

Mikoto's a smart girl, she's not going to just stand around, she would target the caster first, then think of something for the summon.
Old 2010-01-11, 20:23   Link #1311
babohtea

Hmm. Lightning vs Fire is not exactly a battle of attrition is it? Hahahaha
Old 2010-01-11, 20:30   Link #1312
Miraluka
Banned

Touma is a different case, he always ends severaly injured or near to death, also he already tasted the urges to kill once time.

Why not try to use a mage equivalent to a level 5 for Mikoto instead mages like Styl??
Old 2010-01-11, 20:39   Link #1313
Plant42

She is no match against the top 15 strongest characters in To aru verse.

1.Aiwass
2.Misha(Gabriel)
3.Fuse=Kazakiri
4.Fianma
5.Index
6.Carissa
7.Elizard
8.Aurrelus
9.Accelerator
10.Aqua
11.Knight Leader
12.Kakine
13.Soigita
14.Aureolus
15.Vent
Old 2010-01-11, 20:41   Link #1314
babohtea

To add to the above post isn't Touma in there somewhere as a sort of wildcard?
Quote:
Touma is a different case, he always ends severaly injured or near to death, also he already tasted the urges to kill once time.
When?
Old 2010-01-11, 20:52   Link #1315
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Well, so did Mikoto when she found Accelerator

(Railgun manga)

Quote:
Why not try to use a mage equivalent to a level 5 for Mikoto instead mages like Styl??
Mage equivalent? That would be a Saint right?
Old 2010-01-11, 22:14   Link #1316
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
She is no match against the top 15 strongest characters in To aru verse.

1.Aiwass
2.Misha(Gabriel)
3.Fuse=Kazakiri
4.Fianma
5.Index
6.Carissa
7.Elizard
8.Aurrelus
9.Accelerator
10.Aqua
11.Knight Leader
12.Kakine
13.Soigita
14.Aureolus
15.Vent
mmm shouldn't Gabriel be more powerful than aiwass? and Vent is like an insta-win against espers though, even if she's weaker...i mean, how do they counter divine punishment?[i'm not interested in how she would fare in a vs contest, just curious to know wether espers have any way to oppose her, since to my -very little and limited- knowledge, they don't]
Old 2010-01-11, 23:30   Link #1317
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
mmm shouldn't Gabriel be more powerful than aiwass? and Vent is like an insta-win against espers though, even if she's weaker...i mean, how do they counter divine punishment?[i'm not interested in how she would fare in a vs contest, just curious to know wether espers have any way to oppose her, since to my -very little and limited- knowledge, they don't]
Move answer to Light Novel thread due to possible spoilers.
Old 2010-01-12, 02:14   Link #1318
BlueDo

What I can't comprehend is how people would counter Mikoto.
Lightning travels at 150km/s
Touma and Accelerator were fine, but how would anyone else fare against that?

The reason Accelerator has been losing to magicians is because he lets his opponents make the first move, or he doesn't have offensive power to shut them down.
That really shouldn't be a problem for Mikoto though, even though she's weaker.

Frenda was a good example, but she needed everything going for her to set up all the traps and not get zapped.
It didn't make sense that Biribiri's attacks were obstructed either.
Old 2010-01-12, 04:09   Link #1319
tsunade666

did accelerator fight a magician before? the only thing his been fighting are espers and artificial angel and a guardian angel.

Mikoto will probably bombard styl from away. She has a LOT OF RANGE!!!!! If she summons a lightning storm which she stubbornly do at prolong at first volume that cause black out just to take out a single level 0.

Question for a novel reader plant42

Why does index and sogita stronger than mikoto?

Isn't sogita the 7th among the level 5?

and index..................... how can she win against mikoto? she knows spell intercept and share of fear but that works with a magician how can she use it against esper?

And we use styl because his weak. The chances of mikoto winning increase.

Beside besides him in the upper level of mage I don't see her winning against the saints and the others.

Besides isn't fire vs lightning interesting .......

But oh well Let's just stop this and go on with biribiri.... if she has a chance dealing with magicians. Given that she wants to protect touma ( the main cause of the debate )

It all started their because biribiri said she wants to protect touma but touma refuses.

And knowing how dangerous the magic side is the debate of how will mikoto deal with the magician starts with.
Old 2010-01-12, 04:17   Link #1320
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDo View Post
The reason Accelerator has been losing to magicians is because he lets his opponents make the first move, or he doesn't have offensive power to shut them down.
That really shouldn't be a problem for Mikoto though, even though she's weaker.
Erm, no... Accelerator hasn't fought with a Magician yet.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, science fiction, shounen