AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-07, 11:02   Link #121
Frontier

I guess it figures that you can't trust criminals, because instead of giving Kemet and Sefec back to Val, they kidnap him along with the kids he was giving over to free them...good thing Val's "cargo" is more than just a bunch of random kids .

I didn't expect to see the gang use their child forms again, but Gilbert is pretty convenient for aging people up and down when necessary. Smol Pride is still cute, especially when she's blushing at seeing Smol Gilbert. Also it's just surreal to hear Koji Yusa voicing a kid version of his character .

Jeanne is a good fake name for Pride !

I forgot how OP Stale's teleportation powers are. He's porting bad guys straight to jail, freeing people, and saving hostages with just a single touch .

Kemet and Sefec! Also, MAO as Sefec! She really doesn't mince words when it come to Val, but that's just because she obviously cares about him despite how harsh she sounds. And good thing she hid her powers so she can help lead a jailbreak .

Val's been waiting for an excuse to cut loose for a while, huh ?

So this Powell kid's been ostracized because of how dangerous his powers are and feeling like he has no place in the kingdom, but Stale, inspired by what Pride has done for him, braves his electric field to save him and make it clear that he'll have a place in Pride's kingdom, just like Stale. Even if he was just saying things Pride had said to him, it was still a powerful moment for Stale .

(Also, was that Yuma Uchida as Powell? Did they straight up have Maaya Uchida save her little brother ?)

The knights have arrived! And immediately recognize Pride. I mean, who wouldn't recognize their beloved princess ?

They might not be friends but I guess it's nice for Val to know he's important enough that Gilbert and Arthur won't risk his life, even if it puts them at a disadvantage against the bandit leader. But that gives Pride her chance to step up and use her OP Last Boss skills to slice through chains and deflect bullets in the most awesome way possible. And, being a queen, she can't sully her hands with the blood of a criminal so she of course leaves it to her subordinate .

Wait, who is bombing them now!? Who is in that hot air balloon!? Are these the main antagonists finally showing up !?
Old 2023-09-07, 12:58   Link #122
scififan

The BGM of underground cave has the feel of the PC game Diablo. wow..
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-08, 13:28   Link #123
zeross87

i love how the knight reconise her, still call her jeanne because thats what she wish but still try to profit of the situation for a chance to hold smol pride in their arms
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-08, 13:35   Link #124
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm with Arthur. Pride needs to acknowledge her own popularity a bit more. The idea that the knights wouldn't recognize her is goofy. Especially when she was just aged down to the same age she was when most of those knights first met her!

Nice that they tried to give everyone some focus. And it's not like Arthur himself couldn't have handled that situation. Just...hostages are troublesome things unless you have an unexpected card to play like with Pride jumping into the action.

Good effort by Stale as well there .
Old 2023-09-14, 10:59   Link #125
Frontier

Dang it Kemet and Sefec, why did you have to go back into the cave!? And then Kemet gets stuck under a bunch of rubble and Val is willing to forego his own life, not anyone else's, to try and save him. He puts more value in being there for Kemet, and everyone else's life, over his own, to the point where Pride has to order him to send them away so they can't help. Jeez .

I did notice Sefec's powers looked weaker, but I thought that was because of exhaustion, but it turns out Kemet can boost the power of anyone he's in contact with! And with a power boost Val is not only able to fix the cave up and save everyone, but even travel out in style with a rockslide while laughing like a madman !

Nobuhiko Okamoto!? I guess we just got introduced to the villains, even if we have no real idea who these people are or what they were doing there. The girl in the cloak who made them invisible looks particularly unnerving .

They just had to throw all their remaining bombs...I don't think all the knights made it out okay. And then a ledge collapses around Sefec and Val sacrifices himself to save her. All that work almost completely undone .

Knowing Val's mother abandoned him in the slums where he was bullied and had to steal and fight to survive, it's no wonder he grew into the hardened criminal that Pride had to deal with. And he wasn't in the mood for two kids in a similar position to him, who latched onto him as the only adult they felt could protect them, while he was powerless to lay a hand on them .

But over time their presence became normal with him, as he put himself to work through honest labor, and he was able to put the kids on the right path to earning their food as well and helping others, and he even named them! Slowly but surely they grew into a true family that cared about each other, even if Val didn't know it at the time .

Of course then they got kidnapped and we know what happened next. At least Val thinks his life was worth something now and the time he spent with Kemet and Sefec brought some good into it, and he can die in peace...if Princess Pride didn't just leap straight after him and use her Stale whistle to make him come in and save her. I just love how she just whistles and Stale immediately wakes up and teleports in like they've practiced this or he's a loyal hound .

Next week: Val going to town on Pride's foot! I'm sensing the start of a trend .
Old 2023-09-14, 12:29   Link #126
zeross87

they are either very confident there will be a s2 or want us to be interested enough in the unknown vilain to read the novel. i mean yeah i know they adapted this exactly as the novel so they didnt really had a choice but still.... i hope for a s2 =)
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-14, 13:35   Link #127
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
they are either very confident there will be a s2 or want us to be interested enough in the unknown vilain to read the novel. i mean yeah i know they adapted this exactly as the novel so they didnt really had a choice but still.... i hope for a s2 =)
Bakarina got 2 seasons so its not unprecedented... we'll see I suppose.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-15, 03:30   Link #128
scififan

Stale untied the wrong person in the cave. It seems that person went away with people on the flying ship. They decide to drop the dynamites for fun.
Old 2023-09-15, 21:10   Link #129
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Pride really is reckless. Her whole survival plan was based on Stale regaining consciousness in time to save her and Val. I get it. She didn't want to leave him to die. But geeze...that's a risky choice! This girl really is careless when it comes to her own life.

I respect the show's confidence. Just stick to the story and leave questions as questions for now. Good enough anyways. Plenty of drama in all these events that going too far on the big bad of the franchise too early would be a waste.

Good that Val made it out of there alive. And good for Sefec and Kemet. Those two had been treated like trash for much of their lives to the point that they didn't have names or any real sense of the world. If nothing else Val was able to give them stability and they could build up their lives from there. Honestly there's some hope for them. Goodness knows that Sefec's ability to spawn water into existence is pretty handy. Already making some money from that, but might be hope to really maximize that in the future.

Good call on not revealing Kemet's status as a power booster. That is a pretty crazy power that has insane value. Honestly that kid could need protection going forward just based on what various parties might think.

Good episode honestly.
Old 2023-09-21, 10:59   Link #130
Frontier

It's nice to see the Royal Family has put Val and his kids to work, even giving Kemet and Sefec nicer clothes, and as the kingdoms' new mail carriers they carry important messages for the Royal Family...and this could lead to the first school of this world! And Kemet and Sefec would even get to attend !

Val has a lot he owes Pride, so no better way to show said loyalty than by kissing her foot, as any sensible man would, although just to remind you he's a bit of a cad he just had to go and lick said foot. What a stud. And of course he just had to stir @#$% up with Stale and Arthur because he knows how down bad for Pride they are. Any time she compliments them they just can't help themselves .

Stale really trying to live vicariously through watching Arthur fight Gilbert...or he would if Glibert wasn't handing Arthur his butt. And then the promise of teaching a secret technique makes both boys team-up against him, but they just get mutually clowned on, poor kids .

I see Val, Kemet, and Sefec now have new outfits and Tiara adores the kids to bits. Val out there just flashing his massive six-pack for all to see. And it seems like he might genuinely be in the running for the Pride Bowl the way he "accidentally" reaches for her hand and gets all flustered about it. Better watch out boys .

Tiara knows Stale and Arthur well. She knows that any praise from her sister will give them the confidence boost they need to win .

It's always nice to see Arthur and Stale supporting and consoling each other and pushing each other forward, especially when it comes to their mutual desire to protect pride (and crush hard on her). Pride bros for life !

Pride really is still convinced she's going to turn into the Last Boss, huh? Even after all this time and all the changes to the game timeline? Well, hey, it gives her something to focus on I guess .
Old 2023-09-21, 11:37   Link #131
scififan

The shoe looks like a stage display. It looks too plastic and uncomfortable. It's going to injure feet when wearing for hours. Maybe the wearer has magic, so it doesn't matter.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-09-21, 14:07   Link #132
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

7.5/10 a fun series overall, and one more villainess series in the books. Doesn't look like this is getting S2 but Fairouz Ai will be playing another villainess next winter, Yumiella Dorkess from Villainess Level 99. Kinda tempted to pick up the LN since the manga was discontinued...
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-21, 19:10   Link #133
HandofFate

Pretty fun run, showed all the intro arcs for each character. Though have no idea why she still thinks she's gonna bring ruin on the country after all the changes, especially since she already kind of overturned a lot of the disaster events.

I feel like after all this, shouldn't Val be able to be pardoned and have his restriction lifted? Seems hard to keep his hands half tied if she's sending him on errands across the continent.
Old 2023-09-21, 20:12   Link #134
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Good for Val and company. Definitely gives them a more stable lifestyle than him gathering rubble. And it lets him use his power a great deal more flexibly. Things are looking a lot better for that trio. Even got to mess with Pride as everyone tends to at some point .

Val deserves a bonus for how much trouble he was causing there . Stale and Arthur riled up pretty severely. Though it allowed for good fun like Pride going all out in praising Arthur . And that just led nicely to her "cheering them on" later in the episode. Girl has no idea of her appeal.

The friendship of Stale and Arthur remains a real highlight for this show. These two will go far helping each other out along the way. Though they are also each other's ultimate rivals when it comes to Pride.

Credit to the show for sticking to its guns to the end. Just adapt the story and let it stand on its own. Hopefully this gets another season since it built things up really well here. But I guess we'll find out.

Solid show. 7.5/10 for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Pretty fun run, showed all the intro arcs for each character. Though have no idea why she still thinks she's gonna bring ruin on the country after all the changes, especially since she already kind of overturned a lot of the disaster events.

I feel like after all this, shouldn't Val be able to be pardoned and have his restriction lifted? Seems hard to keep his hands half tied if she's sending him on errands across the continent.
I suppose it's fair enough for her to worry a bit. She doesn't know how she came to be in this world or if that far more cruel version of her could simply overtake her some day. In a sense she's got even more reason to fear. She's built up such absolute loyalty that if she flipped out of nowhere then a lot of damage could be done and there'd be many reluctant to stand against her.

But I agree she shouldn't be all that concerned since there's been no sign of that being a possibility over years now. I tend to agree that they should consider adjustments to Val's situation considering how important his work is. Last thing you want is your delivery person being unable to protect his cargo because he physically can't. But to be fair this is a country that considered executing him as the most likely punishment at the time. So I doubt they've grasped the concept of pardons.
Old 2023-09-21, 23:22   Link #135
Alchemist007
*Author

Another villainess turned savior tensei/isekai, but the power dynamics and mechanics were interesting. There was quite a bit of the Stale and Arthur scenes, seems like they'll be good buds. Val was a bit more textbook of a villain turned good guy, but at least he found a purpose beyond just being a selfish ruffian.

7/10

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-09-22, 09:27   Link #136
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
7.5/10 a fun series overall, and one more villainess series in the books. Doesn't look like this is getting S2 but Fairouz Ai will be playing another villainess next winter, Yumiella Dorkess from Villainess Level 99. Kinda tempted to pick up the LN since the manga was discontinued...
The publishers were able to resume the manga with a new artist, Kawano Akiko.
https://zerosumonline.com/detail/lastame-tts

Series started back in July 2023, picks up where the previous manga ended.
Only 2 chapters out though; looks like the artist will be releasing slowly.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote