Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-04, 15:37   Link #121
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
Thsi show is intresting but the main reason I watch this show is because I am convinced that Rai will come back as Thor's enemy.Any anime-watchers who think like me?
Yes. The minute I saw him dragged off and vanish instead of being killed on screen, it was pretty broadly telegraphed that he'd return. I'm just not certain if he'll come back as Thor's enemy which is terribly cliche, or appear at a surprising moment to save Thor, which is slightly less cliche.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-05-04, 15:51   Link #122
ginko51

I'm hopig for something non-cliche.I mean that's the whole point of why I'm watching it : I expect a good story.So far (ive seen two episodes) I'm liking this apart from the big eyes in some characters (I mean common! aren't characters like Top in ep2 for example much cooler with more realistic [in terms of porportion] eyes?!), Rai's voice and the big noses.
Old 2006-05-04, 16:03   Link #123
evillily
KissSub_Jelly

Send a message via MSN to evillily Send a message via Yahoo to evillily
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidflower
I'm wondering if the name, "Thor" is official. Or, is it something that KissSub just standarized in their subs. Does anyone know if this spelling of Thor's name is official, or is it just an interpretation.
I don't think it's official... I just made it up.

Quote:
Thsi show is intresting but the main reason I watch this show is because I am convinced that Rai will come back as Thor's enemy. Any anime-watchers who think like me?
Yeah! I do! But I have to watch it anyway.
Old 2006-05-04, 17:34   Link #124
LastDuaL
Drunken Samurai

This show is my top pick of the new season right now. I suppose it helps that Escaflowne is one of my all-time favorite series . It's just quality all the way around so far. The setting feels so well-realized, and i also like the soundtrack (both the OP and the ED have really grown on me).
Old 2006-05-04, 23:50   Link #125
Twelvth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
Tiz is so important because she is a female. Under 20% of those who lives there are females so those who are females are really protected and important for the further generation.
Regadring the second question I belive all of them are criminals, except those whos been born there.(But their parents are criminals then. ) But they are there because they are criminals.
Unless they're like... falsely accused or something. It's possible.

Man... thise anime really has everything going for it so far, in my opinion. I'm a sucker for pretty much all the stuff we've seen so far. I think I'll soon have a new favorite all-time anime.

For some reason I have a suspicion that Rai is really a girl though... and I think I'm probably the only one... oh well.
Old 2006-05-05, 08:04   Link #126
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I think I was a bit hasty to assume that Prime Minister Odin is Thor's and Rai's father. Actually, he isn't.

Spoiler for episode 4:

Interesting how did a fresh number on a somewhat predictable storyline. The plot wasn't anything special, but the execution was nice. It wasn't really all that original, either the part with Colin's explanations, or the Top-Third-Thor storyline, but the nuance was quite interesting.

I liked the small things, like Third being quite cool with the fact that someone is aiming at his life and actually going back home. Seems like it's business as usual at the Ochre Ring. Or the whole Third-Thor interplay at the end.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-05, 10:54   Link #127
wao
OK.

Yep, that's what it seems like. Though as relatively standard as it seems - hey, it's well executed and a whole load of fun, although I've given up on Tiz being cool. I shall just settle for Third being a cool bishie. I just hope he doesn't turn seriously evil, that'll be sad, I kind of don't mind Chen - I have a wee bit of a soft spot for adult tsunderes every now and then...

...Dang, but either way Third is such a smooth dealer.

EDIT: Although I do wish they handled
Spoiler:

So there we have Rai, Thor and Odin... But when Colin went "Klein?!" I couldn't help but imagine Lacus being Rai and Thor's sister - aw no...

Last edited by wao; 2006-05-05 at 11:06.
Old 2006-05-07, 09:09   Link #128
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Well, the first episode was great. I'm adding this to my 'currently watching' list.
Old 2006-05-09, 12:44   Link #129
KissSub

Send a message via MSN to KissSub
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidflower
I'm wondering if the name, "Thor" is official. Or, is it something that KissSub just standarized in their subs. Does anyone know if this spelling of Thor's name is official, or is it just an interpretation.
It’s not official. It just makes more sense since Rai means Thunder in Japanese, and Thor is the Thunder God in Norse Mythology. That’s why we stick with “Thor”. ^_^ It’s interesting enough that Odin is the father of Thor in Norse Mythology. Let’s see what’s going to be revealed between Thor and Odin in Jyu Oh Sei. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friera
Any idea when the opening and ending theme will be released? I just love it!
ED will be released on June 7th, but no words on OP yet.

フジテレビ「獣王星」エンディングテーマ (Jyu Oh Sei Ending Theme)
「手をつないで」
2006年6月7日(水)発売
ESCL2824 ¥1,223(Tax In)

収録曲 (Tracks)
1. 手をつないで
2. Rock Star
3. homegirl
4. 手をつないで-Instrumental-

Jyu Oh Sei episode 4 English sub is out. Enjoy!
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=32017

Last edited by KissSub; 2006-05-09 at 13:13.
Old 2006-05-09, 17:37   Link #130
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

ep4

Just saw it.Third is far too smart for Thor's good.But he's so cool that I will forgive him.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-09, 18:02   Link #131
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Just saw it.Third is far too smart for Thor's good.But he's so cool that I will forgive him.

Spoiler:
As with all murders, it hinges on two principles: motive and ability. Let's go through the list of possible suspects.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-09, 21:37   Link #132
evil-samurai

One thing is, I'm not sure I belive that Third didn't 'get' together with Chen just! because of the reason he is infertile. I think there is some other reason behind it, he is too much of a laid back person for me to think that is the reason, If he loved Chen I wouldn't think somthing like that would get in his way. Though it very well might be the reason. It wouldn't suprize me he there is some other reason behind it.
Spoiler for About Colin..:
I dont know about the Third's character right now, he is a nice guy though he does look quite evil at times. Its like Thor was saying about its hard to tell what third is thinking.. It seems mabye a bit to obvious if he was going to be the bad-evil guy for in the show, and is just setting up Thor for his plans, But the show is already! nearly the half-way mark, so mabye they might keep third somewhat evil.. but I doubt it. Third wont go all evil but it wouldn't suprize me if he ends up fighting Thor down the road.
Spoiler for Gifs:

Last edited by evil-samurai; 2006-05-09 at 21:54.
Old 2006-05-09, 22:17   Link #133
poisonakki

I really love this anime so much so that I've ordered the manga ^^;
I heard there will only be 11 episodes? that blows considering the manga is much longer *sigh* any translations online for the manga?
Old 2006-05-10, 01:35   Link #134
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Just watched episode 4. Man Thor was soooo setup by Third. I knew it was gonna happen. Just didn't realize Thor was gonna be played so badly by Third.

This series is quickly becoming a favorite for me. I'm totally at the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode!
Old 2006-05-10, 12:55   Link #135
Friera

Send a message via MSN to Friera
I was so surprised. Third is such an mysterious and original character. I just love it. Finally someone who are not so alike what usual animecharacters are.
I wonder how Third and Thor's relationship really is? Are they really friends, or.. I don't know... Enemies? I have problems to determin what really is between them.

He's so mysterious...

And is he really in love with Chen? I just can't imagine the love. He seems more playful to her. And did he lie about the disease? I just can't trust him. Looks like he has some kind of plot...

In the end, maybe he just is a reeaaally bad (and smart) criminal. (Though I can't imagine it...)
Old 2006-05-11, 20:41   Link #136
ginko51

I don't know what to think of it to be honest.

Last edited by ginko51; 2012-05-03 at 18:08.
Old 2006-05-11, 23:40   Link #137
wao
OK.

For anyone who wants MEGA SPOILERS you can check out the Newtype synopsis for eps 5-9. Heck, you just need to read ep 7's one to be spoiled terribly.

But, there's still no conclusive hint on who the white captain dude in the OP is. And it seems like Tiz doesn't change much -__- Keiji Gotoh (Kiddy Grade, Uta~Kata director; Nadesico character designer) is storyboarding episode 8.

There is a lot that isn't mentioned there anyway, so I'm still looking forward to what's next. Some things still do seem a bit cliche but there are many mysteries so I obviously can't write off the show just yet. From another spoiler I was informed of in this thread there are actually quite a lot of surprises, which would be awesome.

EDIT: watched ep 5. Still seems like a pedestrian anime, I'm afraid. And I thought Third's seiyuu was really good so far, but he kind of faltered during the bit when Third was slapping Thor in this episode - his face looked very desparate/angry but the voice didn't match . And the battle itself was rather unremarkable (by my standards, anyway). Still, we get to see grown-up Thor next episode. Yay.
Tiz still doesn't impress me.

Last edited by wao; 2006-05-12 at 05:37.
Old 2006-05-12, 06:03   Link #138
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Yup, the battle went down and turned out pretty much the most predictable way. I'm sure you can guess who won. 8)

Third in a black trenchcoat looks even cooler that usual.

Spoiler:

Next episode: time skip. And Tiz grows big breasts. 8)
Old 2006-05-12, 06:20   Link #139
wao
OK.

LOL, nice way of summarizing the next episode. But you're right - her face is ENTIRELY teh same (and girls' faces DO mature, you know...) but as an excuse to meke her look older, they just enlarged her boobs. Technically speaking it shouldn't be getting so large if she's continued her active lifestyle, since most of the fats should be getting used and not being deposited on her body, unless her body typically stores a lot more fat than normal (which means that if she wasn't active she'd be fat by now). Unless I've gotten my biology majorly screwed up (which is also possible).

Though at least Thor definitely looks a lot more mature, which is as expected.

And you are damn right about Third. Typical though he may seem, he is just so cool and smart and sexy, and in a black trenchcoat, I can't resist it . I'd like to know the truth about Odin too, though.

EDIT: I forgot to mention once again - Minami Takayama is GOD. I know I'm overexaggerating here but I love her voiceacting, the bit when Thor was staggering and his vision was blurring was so well done that I actually felt worried for a moment there!
Old 2006-05-12, 06:42   Link #140
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Technically speaking it shouldn't be getting so large
Hey, this is anime logic we are talking about here. Girls in anime grow huge boobs because there is a male to please nearby, not because of biology or common reason, or any of that non-anime nonsense. 8)

To illustrate the point:

Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina