AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-07-16, 13:25   Link #121
grecefar

it pass with comedy but this chapter was in my opinion too fast.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 13:52   Link #122
larethian

Did they just cooked the beast?
The guy who killed the beast looked like the butler especially given how his face darkened when Kotarou met him again in the park, like the show is trying to tell us that.
Looks like all the heroines have supernatural powers and Shizuru is a healer. I bet the occult prez has it too even though she acts like she is kidding.

Btw, I have not played nor looked up any info about the VN at all.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-16, 15:19   Link #123
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Episode 3

This show reminds me of Kyoukai no Kanata in a lot of ways. Both use highschool setting to try to tell some sort of supernatural action story but end up being highly incomprehensible messes with poorly developed characters. At least Kyoukai no Kanata had fights full of sakuga. This on other hand. Not only the 2D art is inconsistent and has dozens of animation mistakes, but the CGI is literally 2016Berserk's Horse level.

Pacing and storytelling also has lots of Angel Beats vibes - as in it makes no sense.

Yeah. Three episodes in and still lost as hell at what is going on, could not care for any of the characters, the pacing is just awful and now suddenly everyone has powers out of nowhere.

I guess people hyped up Rewrite too much for me, claiming that it will be "different" from rest of key's "THE FEELS" works. Really don't see what the hype for this was about. Dropped.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 00:51   Link #124
dark998

Almost no Kagari this week but we finally get to see Sakuya, his banter with Kotarou was one of my favorite parts in the VN and it was left mostly intact here so all is good. We also got a glimpse of Tsukuno (who was faceless before the anime) and others characters like Esaka.

Another of the neat things was the effect they used for Kotarou's rewriting ability, will be interesting to see how they adapt the other stuff in stock.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 02:59   Link #125
Hakai

I kinda guessed he had super powers from his reaction back when Akane asked him if he had any.

So his ability let him rewrite his physical abilities to almost superhuman levels? But he can't go back to normal once he's done it.

Really liked Kotarou's interactions with Sakuya, I hope we see more of him

PS: Shizuru's 3cute5me!!
Old 2016-07-17, 05:53   Link #126
IceHism

Ahhh sakuya. I'm looking forward to what he does in the original route.

I wanna get this common route over and done soon though. Fun episode in the end so I'll let it take its time
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 07:23   Link #127
Yamada II

Episode 3

Koutaro is such a ginormous bastard lol. He purposely said "Chihaya" in front of Sakuya even though it pisses him off. And then he starts to tease the poor Yoshino. Nekoing leave that guy alone lol. And then he started to call Lucia Earth Rep after her little speech lol. That bastard. Fun guy.

Things were pretty confusing here. Some supernatural stuff ha happens whenever the ribbon loli appears. Some people show up, some's true selves are revealed (I think that was Sakuya who saved Koutaro), Koutaro even takes evasive action and gets hurt – but in the end, it all turns back to normal as if nothing happened at all. Only Koutaro remembers the events but he has no proof that said event even occurred. That's the weird part – why is everything turning back to normal? Koutaro even got himself a cut and that went back to normal. That's the part which needs answering. The old guys probably weren't computer gamers and could be one of those who know about the supernatural stuff going on. Eyepatch loli was also with those people so she could have also experienced that stuff. Akane could also have experienced that stuff. But the two could have been subjected to the effects of things being rewritten after they happen. These things are interesting but really confusing right now.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 09:14   Link #128
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
So his ability let him rewrite his physical abilities to almost superhuman levels? But he can't go back to normal once he's done it.

PS: Shizuru's 3cute5me!!
The rewrite ability is an important plot related ability. Just by looking at the title is enough to give reasons but its not really rewriting physical abilities. its more important that that. Rewrite is rewriting himself. Its spoiler to give more info but its not just that.

Got to agree with Shizuru is just sooooooooo muuch CUTE!!!!
Old 2016-07-17, 09:17   Link #129
MCAL

I do think it's time to watch this VN adaption for what it is rather than what it isn't. And I'm relatively enjoying it for what it is.

I'll say this though. Don't always assume an adaption is representative of the source material, because sometime it isn't.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 09:23   Link #130
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
I do think it's time to watch this VN adaption for what it is rather than what it isn't. And I'm relatively enjoying it for what it is.

I'll say this though. Don't always assume an adaption is representative of the source material, because sometime it isn't.
Which is kinda sad because a lot of people put off good series because the anime sucked. It's been for Little Busters, and probably Rewrite suffering the same fate.

In the end, VN adaptation's worst enemy is the budget.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-17, 10:23   Link #131
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Which is kinda sad because a lot of people put off good series because the anime sucked. It's been for Little Busters, and probably Rewrite suffering the same fate.

In the end, VN adaptation's worst enemy is the budget.
Little busters has better art than rewrite. Just seeing the initial visual images would put off any viewer that has high expectations. its a low budget anime but they are doing good even if the visuals are lacking. heck, it actually fits with Kotarou's wackiness
Old 2016-07-17, 21:23   Link #132
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Can Kotarou go to school with out getting punch by Lucia
Old 2016-07-17, 23:49   Link #133
Alf

He's probably enjoying it

I don't really mind the art. It may seem pale before the common production quality today, but if you still remember what anime is like 10 years ago it's by far above the cabbage quality common to those years.

It's the series contruction that worries me a bit. It's episode 3 now, and sure the supernatural part is getting heavier and things are quite interesting for casual watching. But it's a bit weak for getting people really interested. Still, the arrangement so far seems to be aware of the problem so perhaps it will be good enough.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 01:14   Link #134
tsunade666

Its really weak in making new comers to commit their time in watching it. It has lots of problems as stand alone if you ask me. I appriciatebit more because. I played the game but just watching it alone is kinda... To fast pacing and the transition from one scene to another left a lot hanging. The events are also all mixed up into one which leaves it a bit confusing and disappointed.
Old 2016-07-18, 02:35   Link #135
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 3:
This is interesting as Koutarou Tennouji can "rewrite" his body to have superpowers. Yet I don't know how he got it, was Koutarou receive it from Akane Senri?

In any case, I wanna see answers on the next episode!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-18, 05:31   Link #136
Hiro Hayase

I haven't seen the VN, but I still like it. I like these types of quirky characters and the comedy.

Ichigo's VA being the MC makes me interested too lol.

I can think of a few theories from watching the first 3 episodes:

1. An apocalyptic world where the MC creates his own world to enjoy
2. The scenes where we see flashbacks could be glimpses in the future
3. There appears to be a secret society behind the scenes of slayers
4. The city is supposedly an experimental city with plant life
5. All the characters have subtle hints of their own secrets or powers (eyepatch girl healing his arm slyly?). It's everyone has supernatural powers and they are each trying to hide it.

Kotori saw the ribbon girl and they both really look like. So is KFC a sponsor of this anime and VN with his multiple cameos?

Also in anime whenever they drop their bags/luggage during a chase, how do they manage to get it back the next day?! Is there a return spell on that bag or something.
Old 2016-07-18, 07:11   Link #137
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm quite disturbed by the severe budget dive already occuring in episode 3.
I mean, even casual discussions are not exactly good looking (that part with Lucia and Chihaya eating next to the former is quite meh), but even the action is subpar.
The chase on the buildings was the worst: they used a "unlimited staircase" cheap trick to give the "impression" the chase lasted across several buildings. not only the buildings were quite hideous and obviously out of place, but the ribbon girl and the dog were literally running on the same building, barely moving. Hell, they screwed up and made the ribbon girl "chasing" the dog, swapping their places for no damn reason.

As for the episode itself, it is again some mixed feelings. I'm quite surprised they introduced Kotarou's powers like that and out of the blue, instead of the VN scene were he went in length in explanations (which would also answer some people questions regarding why he didn't do it a second or third time when he was in a pinch).
Hell, they forcefully combined 4-5 different scene in a single 20 min episode... even as a VN reader, this looks quite disjointed.
Old 2016-07-20, 14:22   Link #138
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post

I'm still not entirely sure what I'm watching, so I couldn't even say what it's trying to represent at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm quite disturbed by the severe budget dive already occuring in episode 3.
I mean, even casual discussions are not exactly good looking (that part with Lucia and Chihaya eating next to the former is quite meh), but even the action is subpar.
The chase on the buildings was the worst: they used a "unlimited staircase" cheap trick to give the "impression" the chase lasted across several buildings. not only the buildings were quite hideous and obviously out of place, but the ribbon girl and the dog were literally running on the same building, barely moving. Hell, they screwed up and made the ribbon girl "chasing" the dog, swapping their places for no damn reason.

As for the episode itself, it is again some mixed feelings. I'm quite surprised they introduced Kotarou's powers like that and out of the blue, instead of the VN scene were he went in length in explanations (which would also answer some people questions regarding why he didn't do it a second or third time when he was in a pinch).
Hell, they forcefully combined 4-5 different scene in a single 20 min episode... even as a VN reader, this looks quite disjointed.
While I agree with most of this, I don't really feel like his powers came out of the blue. He mentioned he had them back in episode 1, and he said he COULD do it again here but he can't change back and it'd already be a pain in the ass to hide his new prowess as it is (without even considering a second boost).

On an unrelated note, I can't stand Lucia. At least so far, since all she seems to be used for is slapstick violence. Chihaya seems like a completely different character from episode 1, too. Not quite sure what happened to her.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-20, 23:19   Link #139
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
On an unrelated note, I can't stand Lucia. At least so far, since all she seems to be used for is slapstick violence.
But, on the plus side, with the accidental ass grab, we can now hope for an Oshiri Route to go with the Oppai Route.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 12:58   Link #140
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Chihaya seems like a completely different character from episode 1, too. Not quite sure what happened to her.
I have no idea what you mean by this. She just feel the same to me.

If you think of her as a Tsundere like many do from her first meeting with MC and the word "I hate you" which I am pretty sure she picked up from Sakuya. Unless this had another meaning in VN.

Please remember the conversation between Chihaya and Akane in Episode 1. After that she immediately try to hang out or make friend with Koutarou and Kotori. I am sure that was a hint to her character.

Last edited by Spica; 2016-07-22 at 12:09.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote