AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-28, 12:21   Link #1381
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
I think thats the first time I've watched a RAW before. "Too much do you remember me guys snap out it stuff though."

Scarf - chan is getting more screentime, what the?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermaphobicBear View Post
Spoiler for ep 22:
No sorry nothing will beat that epic "come at me" ending of last episode. D:

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 13:28   Link #1382
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol at Kotetsu's plan. That was so anti-climactic how Kaede saved the day. Way to go Sky High and messing it up though. Wonder how they'll fix Barnaby, who is beyond pissed. The new suits are so ugly. I wonder how they'll deal with the fake Tiger who's identity has been revealed. Also how did Saito get his memories back?
Old 2011-08-28, 14:44   Link #1383
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Lol at Kotetsu's plan. That was so anti-climactic how Kaede saved the day. Way to go Sky High and messing it up though. Wonder how they'll fix Barnaby, who is beyond pissed. The new suits are so ugly. I wonder how they'll deal with the fake Tiger who's identity has been revealed. Also how did Saito get his memories back?
Apparently Kaede's version of Maverick's power works through the TV too.

So, Tiger had the cooler vehicle all along? I thought he'd just gotten more funding after Jake's incident.

Pao Lin's as cute as ever. "Stalker!"
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 14:47   Link #1384
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Or...

Spoiler:
I think so too
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 15:05   Link #1385
Crontica

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanure View Post
He's an emotional idiot from the start of the season. Might as well say you hate him.
He's the new Suzaku.
Old 2011-08-28, 16:48   Link #1386
Maverick05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
He's the new Suzaku.
I disgress.

I am actually happy with Suzaku`s finale. He wished a glorious/brilliant death as a way to get forgiveness/repentance/peace, yet he had to work for the rest of his life so he could atone for his sins/twisted ways.In fact, I hope CC give him a code so that he could live for a long time.

With Barnaby, I will be happy if he break his leg, or a couple of Tiger Slaps to give him some sense.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 16:50   Link #1387
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Episode 22 :

Spoiler for 22:
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 19:41   Link #1388
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Spoiler for Surprise!:
Old 2011-08-28, 19:42   Link #1389
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Or...

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I think so too
Add me onto thinking that is what happened, as well

Spoiler:
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 20:34   Link #1390
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Episode 22 thoughts below:

Spoiler for Tiger and Bunny Episode 22:
Old 2011-08-28, 21:33   Link #1391
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Yep, I agree for Kotestu and Karina. They should end up together. Then we will have en epilogue like this one (From a great pixiv's artist ) :

Spoiler for KotetsuXKarina:

Btw, When you think about it, T&B is the total opposite of US comics book in some aspect especially about fighting scene. In comics, you always have a fighting scene even if it's for nothing. Heck, most of the pages are fighting scenes. It's not the case at all in T&B. The most important thing in this serie is the relationship between the characters. In this episode, Tiger didn't fight his teamates but believed in them by thinking they would remember him. Tiger used his head in this episode instead of his muscle. That's exactly what is lacking from comic book (that and of course coherence...).
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 21:43   Link #1392
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Episode 22 thoughts below:

Spoiler for Tiger and Bunny Episode 22:
"Deux ex Kaede" was the term I used in the blog...

But like you, I liked the episode despite the plot contrivances. It wasn't a classic, but that's as much a credit to the run this show has been on as an indictment of this ep.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 22:47   Link #1393
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
You know I was a little concerned going into this episode hearing about Kaede's role in it, but no surprise I didn't really need to be.

The way I see it, they were heading in the direction of Blue Rose starting to trust Tiger and I can see things getting slowly resolved over the course of the next couple episodes anyway, but for being revealed to be a powerful NEXT they'd almost given Kaede too little a role in this arc. I think they wanted her to have some impact here so they went along with the whole helping out her Dad with Maverick's powers thing. Of course as has been noted it didn't solve all the problems and wasn't enough to fix Barnaby since this episode confirmed that she can only have one power at a time. I wonder if that means if some useless next (like one of those academy heroes) touches her that she'd be next to useless....it's almost like a double edged sword in a way if she has no real control over what power she has at any given time. I also didn't fail to note that after arguably being at her most useful in the series Kaede immediately felt at her most powerless in not really being able to do anything more to help Tiger.

Anyway, my only concern going forward with Kaede is that they keep her role where it is and not have her take over the final arc completely since the show is called Tiger and Bunny and not Kaede. I like where she is right now just having a little impact with an expanded role in the second half. I don't really feel I have to worry though considering how well they've handled her role and power in this so far considering the many ways it could have gone wrong.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 23:20   Link #1394
Maverick05

Well, I wouldn`t scratch Kaede as useless yet. I can still see Maverick going all out and having an army of RoboTigers trying to kill the heroes!! In fact, that would be a very nice ending, in which all Superheroes need to work as a team! Including Kaede as support.
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 00:56   Link #1395
Tangowr

Bandai is now selling Kotetsu Vest and Tie...XD

Old 2011-08-29, 01:20   Link #1396
saravis

Well that happened sooner than even I anticipated, Kaede went all Deus Ex on us and Maverick ain't getting out, hands clean, of this one. I am curious though why Maverick is still acting so nonchalant. I guess he's confident that Barnaby will kill Kotetsu and Fake Tiger will kill the others and he'll just make up some BS story afterwards. Heh, I hope he gets falcon punched when this is all over.
Old 2011-08-29, 08:00   Link #1397
Gohan78
Awakened One

I wouldn't call Kaede a Deus ex machina. The solution to the crisis was telegraphed since Maverick patted her on the head. A real Deus is something that comes totally out of the blue.
I am willing to bet that Dark Tiger is a robot. The fact that he doesn't talk is way too suspicious.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 09:07   Link #1398
ZeroForever

yeah kaede was a obvious foreshadowing, though the main issue is the scale of her version was still borderline dues ex machina because of the limitation that we've seen in Mavericks version.

Maybe Maverick does has a aoe version but if that was the case that would defeat the purpose of his mass drugging scene.
Old 2011-08-29, 09:16   Link #1399
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The more obvious explanation would be that undoing the alterations is simpler? I mean, even Maverick himself basically said so... Now, the problem with Bunny is that he's had these alterations going for who knows how long...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-29, 10:01   Link #1400
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
The more obvious explanation would be that undoing the alterations is simpler? I mean, even Maverick himself basically said so... Now, the problem with Bunny is that he's had these alterations going for who knows how long...
It seemed he had no idea at first and only just realized Kaede copied his powers.

Maverick knows the limits of his power but he never did try its full potential.

Guess he never tried a mass ungooshing before.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, sunrise, tiger & bunny, tsundere