AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-08-04, 06:23   Link #14081
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
makes me wonder on why they haven't made the full-scale Phoenix Gundam yet...?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 06:58   Link #14082
Tormenk

Or the Mark V( or is it IV?). Sentinel machines look awesome.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 07:11   Link #14083
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
Or the Mark V( or is it IV?). Sentinel machines look awesome.
its the Gundam Mark-III in the pic as it is red & grey in colour, also they did made a full scale figure of it
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2009-08-04, 07:33   Link #14084
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
makes me wonder on why they haven't made the full-scale Phoenix Gundam yet...?

The Phoenix....doesn't look as good in real scale.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 08:19   Link #14085
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its weird, but there are alot of mecha that looks much more badass in SD than real scale. Which is why people shouldn't hate SD.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 08:38   Link #14086
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

The Phoenix....doesn't look as good in real scale.
wow! now this is first time i really saw a full scale Phoenix Gundam figure!
but unfortunately something looks a bit off in the design, which i don't like it & i hope they will fix that problem later...

btw, thanks for the pics
Old 2009-08-04, 17:58   Link #14087
ingandeul
What is Apple?

Hello. I recently picked up this hobby after a vacation to Japan by buying the 1/100 Designer's Color version of 00 Raiser. I ended up not starting on the 00 Raiser but on the other Gundam 00 models as I felt that I did not want to mess the DCVersion up. (OCD, maybe... :x ) All the other models were 1/100 as well and I did take some pictures of the finished products that I will upload whenever I can. I read through a decent amount of this thread but couldn't quite get through the 700+ pages. I did come up with a few questions concerning a few things and hope I don't bother anyone with them. Anyway, here goes.

What is the differences between the 1/100 and 1/144 other than the size? From what I've read it seems the fuss is all over the 1/144... I personally like the 1/100 for reasons yet unexplained.

I also feel that I fall under the rather casual portion of model building as I can't commit to the whole painting/airbrushing just yet. I have had people tell me that the models that have been released recently do not really need such touch-ups and I must agree as I feel the models I have built look rather decent without them. This is, of course, dragged through the mud when I see pictures like the Exia a few pages back and the Reborn. A part of me really do want them to look that great but I must wonder if all of you feel different.

Another question I'd like to ask before this gets too long is the aspect of panel lining. I have done panel lining on the models I have built and feel they add to the look. One problem I have though are the small crevices on the head parts and various other places on the model. I have the marker tip either start to deteriorate or provide too much ink than necessary and then have it all disappear when I try to erase them or just not have it look the way I want it too. I was wondering if any of you veterans can provide a novice like myself on how to do it efficiently.

I know this was a wall of text and I apologize but I feel that this pick-up is far too enjoyable to not put effort into. I thank you ahead of time!

Disappointed in SQE.
ingandeul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 18:17   Link #14088
Amber.Dawn

1/100 = no waist joint for one

only have the 1/144, so I can't say much
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 20:06   Link #14089
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingandeul View Post
What is the differences between the 1/100 and 1/144 other than the size? From what I've read it seems the fuss is all over the 1/144... I personally like the 1/100 for reasons yet unexplained.

I also feel that I fall under the rather casual portion of model building as I can't commit to the whole painting/airbrushing just yet. I have had people tell me that the models that have been released recently do not really need such touch-ups and I must agree as I feel the models I have built look rather decent without them. This is, of course, dragged through the mud when I see pictures like the Exia a few pages back and the Reborn. A part of me really do want them to look that great but I must wonder if all of you feel different.

Another question I'd like to ask before this gets too long is the aspect of panel lining. I have done panel lining on the models I have built and feel they add to the look. One problem I have though are the small crevices on the head parts and various other places on the model. I have the marker tip either start to deteriorate or provide too much ink than necessary and then have it all disappear when I try to erase them or just not have it look the way I want it too. I was wondering if any of you veterans can provide a novice like myself on how to do it efficiently.

I know this was a wall of text and I apologize but I feel that this pick-up is far too enjoyable to not put effort into. I thank you ahead of time!

in regards to difference of 1/100 and 1/144 HG, there really ain't too much of a difference, ppl prefer the HG because it's smaller (so they can fit more on their shelves) and it's cheaper as well. However the 1/100 (which i personally prefer) has more details and gimmicks compared to HG (i.e. Seravee). So it's really up to you, do you want to fork out more money for a larger kit?

In regards to painting, airbrushing is definitely the way to go but can be quite expensive as you have to buy a compressor which costs hundreds of dollars as well as a airbrushing kit. It also depends on the type of gundam you are getting, for example if you buy the top of the line 1/100 MG gundams, you might want to put some more effort into it as it would look superb once its painted. I personally buy spray paints as its cheaper and easier to use. check out my painted MG models of Hi-nu and strike freedom:
http://img32.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00286a.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00016hzy.jpg

for panel lining, i asked this question a few pages back, theres not so many tips for it. i recommend getting the Gundam Marker GM01 (fine tip). It's especially for gundam models. using either the corner of a plain rubber or buying the Gundam Marker eraser pen GM300 would make ur life a bit easier. Just follow the lines and do it slowly, dont rush it and rub out any inconsistencies the moment they appear.

Hope this helps!!!

Last edited by darkstrife; 2009-08-05 at 00:19.
darkstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 21:07   Link #14090
ingandeul
What is Apple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber.Dawn View Post
1/100 = no waist joint for one

only have the 1/144, so I can't say much
Ah, I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
in regards to difference of 1/100 and 1/144 HG, there really ain't too much of a difference, ppl prefer the HG because it's smaller (so they can fit more on their shelves) and it's cheaper as well. However the 1/100 (which i personally prefer) has more details and gimmicks compared to HG (i.e. Seravee). So it's really up to you, do you want to fork out more money for a larger kit?

In regards to painting, airbrushing is definitely the way to go but can be quite expensive as you have to buy a compressor which costs hundreds of dollars as well as a airbrushing kit. It also depends on the type of gundam you are getting, for example if you buy the top of the line 1/100 MG gundams, you might want to put some more effort into it as it would look superb once its painted. I personally buy spray paints as its cheaper and easier to use. check out my painted MG models of Hi-nu and strike freedom:
http://img32.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00286a.jpg
http://img33.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00016hzy.jpg

for panel lining, i asked this question a few pages back, theres not so many tips for it. i recommend getting the Gundam Marker GM01 (fine tip). It's especially for gundam models. using either the corner of the rubber or buying the Gundam Marker eraser pen GM300 would make ur life a bit easier. Just follow the lines and do it slowly, dont rush it and rub out any inconsistencies the moment they appear.

Hope this helps!!!
Those models look great! And I also do prefer the bigger size over the 1/144 so I am fine with paying more to get more. As for the panel lines, I read up on the marker eraser. It seems to be quite useful. The only problem I have with the eraser is that after so many uses the corners have worn out and I don't really want to buy a new one just for the corners and waste a whole eraser. Haha. Either way, your tips are a definite help. Now, to get started on my DCVersion. Oh and I think I may settle with spraying also and gradual graduate into the airbrush when I have a bigger/constant cash flow.

Just out of curiousity, how big are the 1/60?

Disappointed in SQE.
Old 2009-08-04, 22:48   Link #14091
Kelrys
Same old same

Send a message via AIM to Kelrys Send a message via MSN to Kelrys
Speaking of 1/60s. How good is the 1/60 Exia? Saw that at an affordable price at local store. Comments?
Kelrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 23:37   Link #14092
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Another question I'd like to ask before this gets too long is the aspect of panel lining. I have done panel lining on the models I have built and feel they add to the look. One problem I have though are the small crevices on the head parts and various other places on the model. I have the marker tip either start to deteriorate or provide too much ink than necessary and then have it all disappear when I try to erase them or just not have it look the way I want it too. I was wondering if any of
When i panel line i use teh Micron .005 it has a lot finer point then the fine point gundam marker and rubs off fairly easy. only really problem with that pen you cant really find it in all stores. As for me when i do the lines i found that its really hard to get it perfect so just do your best and just go over the curves the best you can and the more you do it the better youll get, theres not really a this is how you do this thing for it.
Old 2009-08-05, 00:15   Link #14093
darkstrife
When Retribution comes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Speaking of 1/60s. How good is the 1/60 Exia? Saw that at an affordable price at local store. Comments?
1/60 models are about 30cm high. in terms of 1/60 model, i wouldn't personally recommend it, it's just a bigger version of the 1/100 models, there isn't really any special gimmicks or additional details. i would recommend buying a 1/100 MG Exia instead as it would be much better than the 1/60 or you can wait for a PG 1/60 of Exia (if it ever gets released).

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
When i panel line i use teh Micron .005 it has a lot finer point then the fine point gundam marker and rubs off fairly easy. only really problem with that pen you cant really find it in all stores. As for me when i do the lines i found that its really hard to get it perfect so just do your best and just go over the curves the best you can and the more you do it the better youll get, theres not really a this is how you do this thing for it.
hey vektar, is the marker you are referring to the Sakura Pigma Micron 005 (0.2mm)?
Old 2009-08-05, 02:00   Link #14094
randus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelrys View Post
Its a great display piece... and that's basically it. From my experience with it, you'll have quite a hard time if you want to pose it around or even leave it in an action pose to display. =/

Articulation wise, its less than the NG 1/100 Exia and that it can barely hold the GN Sword up...

Otherwise, if you just want it for the size and to display it standing there amongst your other kits, it'll look great just standing there looming over the "small fries". XD
Old 2009-08-05, 16:16   Link #14095
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstrife View Post
hey vektar, is the marker you are referring to the Sakura Pigma Micron 005 (0.2mm)?
That be it once you try it youll never be able to go back to the gundam fine point marker.
Old 2009-08-05, 16:21   Link #14096
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
That be it once you try it youll never be able to go back to the gundam fine point marker.
where exactly could you find these pens, caz my local hobby shop does not carry them
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 16:25   Link #14097
ingandeul
What is Apple?

Quote:
I would like to know where I can pick one up as well. All I got around me are Staples, Michael's and the occasional Office depot. Maybe I could try checking Hobby Link.

Disappointed in SQE.
Old 2009-08-05, 19:31   Link #14098
Mr Chow
YO! Where's the food at?
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Mr Chow
Quote:
Kia ora, most of the Gundam's that I prefer are the 1/60 and the PG range, I'm not rich as in NZ they cost around the 500.00 mark!! But I'm yet to find 1/100 with high detail that makes me happy!! Am I picky or what!! LOL For painting I've used both a spray unit and brush along with markers, its true that their not easy to get hold of as most model shops in Auckland where I live very seldom stock them as there not in high demand!! So when I find them I usually get them, and one other way is to import them your self; I have a bloke in Hong Kong that can get them much cheaper then here!! funny that?

But otherwise using a spray unit is much better than brush, my unit is a Tamiya basic compressor which I was lucky to buy second hand!! Just take your time and practice heaps on older models or scrap plastic. Good luck
Mr Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-05, 22:29   Link #14099
Sworra

Quote:
I would like to know where I can pick one up as well. All I got around me are Staples, Michael's and the occasional Office depot. Maybe I could try checking Hobby Link.
Vektar must have a special store to get them at cause Staples online store, Michael's, Office depot doesn't carry them.. I did find there plant which is in San Fransisco and you can order them there but they only ship to U.S and Canada.
http://www.sakuraofamerica.com/

There could be a Asia plant but i didn't dig that far.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-06, 09:39   Link #14100
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
MG Exia Ignition review is up at Dalong [Not sure whether I'm just slow and its been posted before] ,anybody knows what he is saying generally about it?

http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m122i/m122i_p.htm

As much as I adore Exia Repair and wish for a HG version,I'm kinda liking the normal MG Exia more for some reason,especially in this link.Must be the platinum blades.....

Off Current Topic:

Anybody know the "recommended" red [I'm guessing the left top-most refers to the main body red color] paint mix for the HG Arche?I'm trying to spaypaint mine,but I can't understand the color recommendation in the manual.Kinda curios whats the pink one is for too.

http://www.dalong.net/review/00/0h43/p/0h43_m0004.JPG"]http://www.dalong.net/review/00/0h43/p/0h43_m0004.JPG

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy