Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-22, 00:22   Link #1421
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
The real question of course is how Ana will fare vs Shana. Shana is nice, but I'd have to go with ana myself. (maybe ill change my mind after reading the shana novels. remains to be seen)
Yep. Shana is a contender but you have to discount her 2nd round vote total a bit - she was in the "other" contest on the same day as a titanic clash. Just as Imouto's 1st round vote total was inflated by being on the same day as the Eri-Tsuruya battle. Assuming Ana wins today, Shana vs Ana will be one of the more interesting 3rd round matches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
Im still sad that Miu was eliminated so early. She was simply one of my all time favorite characters all around.
Miu cracks me up. She's the perfect comic foil for Nobue - the boke to Onee-chan's tsukkomi. They're 1-2 from IchiMashi by my ranking.

And since I'm talking like Taniguchi...

"My name is Nanpa Taniguchi, and I approve of Yuki Nagato!"
Old 2006-09-22, 01:44   Link #1422
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I can't believe today's two groups have been so one-sided. Given the magnitude of the names involved, I'd have thought things would at least have been closer.
Old 2006-09-22, 01:56   Link #1423
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackadaisical
As of the 200th post in the second thread:

Alicia - 321
Tenma - 235
Shizuru - 214

Ana - 286
Vita - 215

Both Alicia and Ana seem fairly secure even if two-thirds of the votes have likely not been cast. As far as I can remember, no character with such commanding leads half way through a round have ended up losing.
If the Ana vs Shana match does become a reality. I'll have to once again vote against Shana. Shame, I really like her a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86
Miu cracks me up. She's the perfect comic foil for Nobue - the boke to Onee-chan's tsukkomi. They're 1-2 from IchiMashi by my ranking.
Miu is also one of my favorites from the show; Only behind Ana.
Old 2006-09-22, 06:22   Link #1424
rei
Nya~ I'm a good actress

I've always admire blonde characters with blue eyes. Sorry Vita.

723 :れい :2006/09/22(金) 20:20:24

<<アリシア・フローレンス@ARIAシリーズ>>
<<アナ・コッポラ@苺ましまろ>>
Old 2006-09-22, 06:56   Link #1425
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

No Love For Vita?

Help make Vita a happy girl!

Lest she goes Explosion on all of us.
Old 2006-09-22, 07:16   Link #1426
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Where is the power of the Nanoha's fanbase? I mean, I expect Vita to put a harder fight.

If only my IP range is not banned. If only...

Here I am praying for her to pull a Chikaru.

Edit:

Current vote thread:

http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1158928736/

LOL @ the Chikura-like vote flood for Vita. I can't tell which ones are legit or not tho. It is the ASCII arts that made it awesome in my eyes. Will it be enough for Vita to beat Ana? Not sure.

Last edited by Sheba; 2006-09-22 at 08:37.
Old 2006-09-22, 09:05   Link #1427
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Miu and Nobue are my favorites too, but I'm also fond of Ana - her shtick when she's trying to convince everyone she can't speak Japanese when she actually can't speak English cracked me up. The difference between how Nobue treats Ana and Miu is also hysterical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
I can't believe today's two groups have been so one-sided. Given the magnitude of the names involved, I'd have thought things would at least have been closer.
By looking at the qualification votes Ana and the girl from ARIA were clearly stronger than their competition.
Old 2006-09-22, 09:14   Link #1428
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

The results in both contests were close.

What is the tournament organizer saying in this message?
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1158928736/703
Old 2006-09-22, 09:15   Link #1429
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

While I could care less about the second half, Tenma goes bye bye. Oh well...

Today...

Yuki FTW! SuzuHaru girls would whomp butt again, easily more than 60% this time around. C'mon, it's the freaking alien for crying out loud.

As for the second one, I'm voting for Primula if only for the fact that I enjoyed Shuffle more than Nanoha. Clearly the underdog though, and if she's in second that only means thats because the Nanoha fanbase is divided between 2 characters.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2006-09-22, 09:19   Link #1430
ando

Quote:
What is the tournament organizer saying in this message?
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1158928736/703
He says the number of valid votes, raw votes and invalid votes for each character.
Old 2006-09-22, 09:24   Link #1431
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Today I'm a Yuki, and I guess a Primula. Actually I might abstain in the second one.
Old 2006-09-22, 09:25   Link #1432
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Not bad for Shizuru, despite not winning still managed to beat Tenma, who finished last.

Spoiler for Sept 22nd results:

http://saimoe2006.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ef.txt

Spoiler for Sept 23rd entries:

The silent moe goddess from outer space is on today. A strong showing by her fans is expected (hopefully, provided they don't get too relaxed), to guarantee at least one SuzuHaru girl would get into Round 4.

("Don't you mean Round 3?" You say? Well, if Yuki wins, then there'll be two SuzuHaru girls clashing in what could be very easily be the Match of the Round in Round 3, thus guaranteeing a spot for SuzuHaru in Round 4. )

The other silent type would be Primula, the last of the SHUFFLE! girls, but if the Nanoha fans pooled their votes together, Primula would have no chance.

Current voting thread
http://etc4.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/vote/1158928736/
Old 2006-09-22, 09:27   Link #1433
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Nagato Time, It's pretty Easy
Damn the last vote is very very difficult
I love them all...

Primula is so Cute and Sensible
Hayate is sensible and very gentle
Signum is very strong leader and cute...

T_T
Old 2006-09-22, 09:48   Link #1434
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

Primura today... and I don't care about the other (since she will lose after).
Old 2006-09-22, 09:50   Link #1435
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Yay for Ana-chan.

Not much to think about today though. It's just Yuki, Yuki and more Yuki.

On the other group, Primula is the only Shuffle girl I dont like, so I guess I'll be sikipping on that group completly.
Old 2006-09-22, 09:51   Link #1436
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well, Nagato it is, for the first group.

As for the second, I'd have voted Hayate, but seeing as I have made an agreement to support all Shuffle girls, I'll vote for Primula, although I don't expect her to win over Hayate.
Old 2006-09-22, 10:01   Link #1437
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, Nagato it is, for the first group.

As for the second, I'd have voted Hayate, but seeing as I have made an agreement to support all Shuffle girls, I'll vote for Primula, although I don't expect her to win over Hayate.
What npal said.

Nice to see Shizuru at least out Tenma and 497 is a respectable vote total.

Vote for Primula, cutest Catgirl of 2006.

Old 2006-09-22, 10:06   Link #1438
[tCi]
Marked for deletion (old)

Well since today is a round 3 deciding day, here are the new posters:

Don't ask me to explain what "Cornish Acid" means cuz Anon 2 said it was a AFX reference joke...so I dunno. Hope to see two more posters tomorrow since tomorrow is also a round 3 deciding day.
Old 2006-09-22, 10:13   Link #1439
Furudanuki

Yesterday's matches didn't interest me very much - I could not vote for four of the six entries, and the two I could vote for were hardly personal favorites. Based solely on appearance though, I'd probably have voted for the two winners as well. Congrats to their fans! Today is a huge day, because each match contains a character from the top of my first tier. The Haruhi/Aruruu combination is the only one that even comes close in this round of the tournament.
  1. Yuki - My affection for Yuki began early on and continued to grow as the series progressed. But a single line from the last episode shot her to the top. When Kyon asks if someone else like Asakura would attack him, Yuki lowers her book, looks at him directly and replies "Don't worry. I won't let them". That scene made her golden.
  2. Primula - Primula is moe for many of the same reasons that Yuki is moe. Same goes for Meme (Kamisama Kazoku), Tabitha (Zero no Tsukaima), and Anju (Karin). The "Rei Ayanami" archetype does seem to be a favorite of mine, but I never particularly cared for Rei herself. Go figure. But when you add the pure moe factor to the way that Primula's story in Shuffle! was interwoven with the story for Nerine/Lycoris, my support for Primula is a given.

Old 2006-09-22, 10:19   Link #1440
delta
watching you

Quote:
Originally Posted by [tCi]
"Cornish Acid"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_D._James_Album track two

Barasui is a huge IDM fan. I doubt it's a coincidence that Ana is from Cornwall.
Closed Thread