Old 2014-12-10, 15:07   Link #1461
newtype385

newtype385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 08:10   Link #1462
db84x

Send a message via Yahoo to db84x
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Oh, that was supposed to parallel DBZ? THAT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!
This is manga for Junior High School kid, use their logic than you will understand Naruto
db84x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 22:30   Link #1463
newtype385

newtype385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 05:57   Link #1464
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtype385 View Post
Spoiler for jjj:
another one of the anime/manga inconsistencies
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 23:51   Link #1465
darthfury78

Who happy about the final outcome of the manga series? At least I was.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-16, 23:54   Link #1466
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I think the only unhappy people are NaruSaku and NaruSasu shippers or fans who preferred more shounen action aspect of the manga. But generally a lot of people are happy with the outcome especially Japan. They are very grateful for the series.

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 00:20   Link #1467
DJ1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Shocked was my emotion with the outcome. Not so much Naruto becominhlg Hokage & saving Sauske those I kinda saw coming (save for the loss of a limb) but still I was like "Well you know it's shonen so the romances isn't a giant part of it oh well. Only in the world of fanfics with those ships. Still I'll be content with how this ends

-See's Bolt & Himawari-
.....wait...what?

-see's Sarada-
Wait. What!?

-see's Shikadai-
Wait! WHAT!?!?

-see's Inojin & ChoCho-
Wait. Wut?

The...They're all....They all.....Great Scott.-passes out-
DJ1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 00:53   Link #1468
Alena_92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberation View Post
I think the only unhappy people are NaruSaku and NaruSasu shippers or fans who preferred more shounen action aspect of the manga. But generally a lot of people are happy with the outcome especially Japan. They are very grateful for the series.
yeah definitely agree! as you can see NS are still in deep denial at the moment.

i'm really happy that all characters have matured and now living the life of parenthood.. those who are complaining that this is shonen and doesnt care about pairings has to understand that this manga has grown and developed from Naruto as a boy to Naruto full grown adult/husband/father. it would be selfish to expect action only. how about their life in General as person.. so overall im very happy.. esp im NH shipper so im really really glad..
Alena_92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 04:25   Link #1469
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78
i couldnt careless abou the damn ships, NH/NS/SS/SH or whatever...

i do like he ending...in fact, i hate it... the last "should be" most epic fight is BS, as*pulls everywhere and naruto TnJing sasuke into thinking he is a "evil" guy i was prepared to see this but it is still big cr*p...

all in all, the story of the naruto-manga stopped(ended) after sasuke defeating itachi and naruto TnJing pain...
Old 2014-12-17, 05:45   Link #1470
DJ1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
i couldnt careless abou the damn ships, NH/NS/SS/SH or whatever...
Saying that in the romance thread.....

Quote:
i do like he ending...in fact, i hate it... the last "should be" most epic fight is BS, as*pulls everywhere and naruto TnJing sasuke into thinking he is a "evil" guy i was prepared to see this but it is still big cr*p...
What are you even saying here? I seriously can't understand anything you're saying.

Quote:
all in all, the story of the naruto-manga stopped(ended) after sasuke defeating itachi and naruto TnJing pain...
& leaving a shit-ton of things unresolved. At least the actual ending has only one unresolved point & it's going to be covered in the mini next year.
Old 2014-12-17, 10:56   Link #1471
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ1107 View Post
Saying that in the romance thread.....

What are you even saying here? I seriously can't understand anything you're saying.

& leaving a shit-ton of things unresolved. At least the actual ending has only one unresolved point & it's going to be covered in the mini next year.
His location says he's in Germany, could be English isn't his first language.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-18, 08:05   Link #1472
LevelSeven

Spoiler for dj1107:

@the green one
Quote:
His location says he's in Germany, could be English isn't his first language.
yup, english is my third language :/ but it was more the fault of my keyboard
Old 2014-12-18, 14:15   Link #1473
DJ1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
did i forget anything?
Well the whole "Bringing Sauske back" stuff Naruto doesn't "have everything" if he's going to leave that loose end, Danzo taking advantage of the Pein invasion & becoming temporary Hokage, What exactly happens when the tailed beast are gathered together, Zetsu, Tobi, & Shark guy were still on the loose & Kishi was building Tobi up to be this big bad & all, & Orochimauru inevitable return.

You don't just drop stuff like that after you hit the conclusion of your best arc.
Old 2014-12-18, 23:01   Link #1474
Romanticide

kishi's new interview was shit. when asked about why he liked hinata he said: cause her boobs are big. then insulted the other women in the manga. i can see why he had naruhina become canon now, since naruto's his own standin.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 00:38   Link #1475
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
kishi's new interview was shit. when asked about why he liked hinata he said: cause her boobs are big. then insulted the other women in the manga. i can see why he had naruhina become canon now, since naruto's his own standin.
This is where I'll throw the magic word, context, at you. I can almost guarantee without even reading it for myself that Kishimoto would be joking.
Old 2014-12-19, 00:49   Link #1476
Romanticide

didn't seem like it in the video i watched. and imo that's not something you should joke about.
Romanticide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 01:10   Link #1477
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

^
I swear you've misinterpreted something. I watched the scene and Kishi only said one line that wasn't offensive at all. All of the other hosts were joking about Hinata's melons compared to everyone elses; sorta like the fanbase has already been doing for years. There's your context.

Now whether they should be joking about it is a different argument not specifically centered on Kishi.

EDIT: As an aside, I saw a rough translation of the dialogue in that scene posted on reddit. But then someone took that rough translation and posted it on tumblr making it seem like Kishi said the entire thing.

1. Kishi only said the least offensive line in the entire dialogue.
2. It wasn't a formal interview question in that scene.
3. Even if we take that as the case, Point Number 1 clears him of any wrongdoing.

I bet NS shippers will be using this to attack Kishimoto by labelling him sexist or misogynistic.

Last edited by OH&S; 2014-12-19 at 01:27.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 04:43   Link #1478
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..

Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
^
I swear you've misinterpreted something. I watched the scene and Kishi only said one line that wasn't offensive at all. All of the other hosts were joking about Hinata's melons compared to everyone elses; sorta like the fanbase has already been doing for years. There's your context.

Now whether they should be joking about it is a different argument not specifically centered on Kishi.

EDIT: As an aside, I saw a rough translation of the dialogue in that scene posted on reddit. But then someone took that rough translation and posted it on tumblr making it seem like Kishi said the entire thing.

3. Even if we take that as the case, Point Number 1 clears him of any wrongdoing.

I bet NS shippers will be using this to attack Kishimoto by labelling him sexist or misogynistic.
Whats new? Most NS extremist in general loves taking everything out of "context" thats how .

Junko saying saying Sakura's love is comaderie = Junko ships NS
Junko surprise with the last ending = Junko hates NH
Kishi saying that Hinata is "kanashii sou" (sad and pity) if she didn't end up with him = Hinata is pityful so he gave her Naruto out of PITY
Naruto giving Sakura POAL for saving Sasuke = Naruto's goal is dating Sakura
Sakura's fake confession to Naruto = Is actually Sakura's real confession? Uh?
Sai's saying Naruto loves Sakura > Kakashi's love of Sakura for Sasuke
Naruto's MOVING on and growing up = OOC =/= development
3rd party comments + red herrings parallels = development
Kishi saying that Sakura still love Sasuke = sexist

Whatever I think there are millions of other things that they take out of context.

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 14:18   Link #1479
pikuchan
Long time lurker

Quote:
Quote:
didn't seem like it in the video i watched. and imo that's not something you should joke about.
Uh, I just watched the video, and the only time they talked about Hinata's boobs were in the 6:40 and it ended at 7:15. At that time the Q&A hasn't even started and Kishimoto weren't even there. Kishimoto said his first line at 8:23 and it was only his voice, heck, in the entire video, all you can see of him is his hand sketching. And then at 18:01 when asked who was his favorite female character, he said that he likes all of them but if he has to choose someone then he'd say Hinata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
^

My best guess is that Romanticide mistook one of Amano Hiroyuki (the guy cosplaying as ramen chef), Yanagihara Tetsuya (the guy with forehead protector) or Iwai Yuuki (the guy with the dark blue shirt) as Kishimoto-sensei.

Last edited by pikuchan; 2014-12-19 at 20:07.
pikuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-19, 23:33   Link #1480
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikuchan View Post
My best guess is that Romanticide mistook one of Amano Hiroyuki (the guy cosplaying as ramen chef), Yanagihara Tetsuya (the guy with forehead protector) or Iwai Yuuki (the guy with the dark blue shirt) as Kishimoto-sensei.
That's understandable. I mistook Iwai Yuuki for him. It was obvious to me that none of the others were Kishi but I thought Kishi WAS in that scene so automatically made the connection. In hindsight, Iwai's face is completely different to Kishi's.

Tags
official pairings