Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-23, 20:11   Link #1461
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozora View Post
Please tell me that you haven't read CONNECT.

If you have read it but is still thinking that Sena would win then there are 2 things that 2ch'ers would describe you.

1. 負け組肉厨の現実逃避 → Sena fans being delusional/running away from the reality
2. 理解力が無さすぎ → No power of understanding nor comprehension whatsoever

Again, ^ this will be irrelevant if you haven't read it so don't worry.
I'm halfway through reading it, but I've read summaries of the remaining parts.

Still waiting for your breakdown btw.

Edit: To be clear, my current stance is that all the girls still have a significant (but not equal) chance, with none of them being so far ahead of everyone else such that their victory is guaranteed. Needless to say, Maria and Kobato are very far behind for various, but it's not impossible for the story to take a sudden turn.

At the very least, I wouldn't say that there's "no way" for any particular one to win in the end.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 20:13   Link #1462
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

> taking 2ch'er's opinions to be solid.

Lol.
Old 2013-02-23, 21:05   Link #1463
taurosground

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I'm halfway through reading it, but I've read summaries of the remaining parts.

Still waiting for your breakdown btw.

Edit: To be clear, my current stance is that all the girls still have a significant (but not equal) chance, with none of them being so far ahead of everyone else such that their victory is guaranteed. Needless to say, Maria and Kobato are very far behind for various, but it's not impossible for the story to take a sudden turn.

At the very least, I wouldn't say that there's "no way" for any particular one to win in the end.
I'm agreeing with this one (save perhaps Yukimura, she'll need a BIG turn for her to get back). Rika has really connected with Kodaka recently, but the way he asked her to be his first recent friend makes me feel her chances as lover are diminishing (however, she is the one who said friends can be lovers as well). Haven't read Connect, so that's probably why I have no idea why Sena is out, but to me, it seems like she's in the lead. Yozora seems too plain negative to win, but since the next volume is apparently a huge Yozora booster, I'll have to hold my judgement on that.
taurosground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 21:48   Link #1464
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I don't think Yukimura's chances are that bad, neither are Rika's. There's still a long way to go and all sorts of things could happen.
Spoiler for Comparison to OreImo:

I mentioned before that the longer the remainder of the story is, the more it starts to favour those characters that have not received development yet because characters that peak too early would have run out of momentum by then. It also goes without saying that the longer the horizon that we're trying to predict, the more uncertain our predictions become. When it comes to slice-of-life light novels or manga with harem elements, nothing is certain until the last volume/issue comes out.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-02-24 at 22:29. Reason: comparison
Old 2013-02-24, 04:15   Link #1465
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

In an actual in novel topic, Vexed released a new chapter of volume 8. Just with a few lines I was already laughing out loud, I mean, air Shogi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodaka
There's a bug in those Akashic records of yours, Kobato...

Quote:
...Just so we're clear, "shooting down" isn't a metaphor, I mean it literally. The game Sena's currently playing is an FPS where you have to use your gun to shoot down tons of girls coming at you with love letters in their hands and their panties in full view.
Gal☆gun kita!
Old 2013-02-24, 04:22   Link #1466
sky black swordman

^ Thanks for the heads up.
I will go check in a bit.
Old 2013-02-24, 06:05   Link #1467
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yozora View Post
Have you even read CONNECT?

*snip image*

It was so pro "Sena will get rejected by Kodaka and will mature, grow up because of the heartbreaking loss". Sena is the light and Yozora is the darkness that will eat the light, meaning, Yozora will save Sena.
... WTH? I've read Connect, and I call rubbish on your reasoning. Citations/references that support your claims please, otherwise I believe the only place your shipping-lens affected 'logic' belongs to is on my ignore list. If anything, Yozora (the Haganai character, not you) looks to be more doomed to fail at winning Kodaka's heart, she's been raising no romance flags in this volume or even friendship flags with Kodaka.

/hate of singleminded shipping
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 07:02   Link #1468
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
... snip

If anything, Yozora (the Haganai character, not you) looks to be more doomed to fail at winning Kodaka's heart, she's been raising no romance flags in this volume or even friendship flags with Kodaka.

/hate of singleminded shipping
I support Sena too, but the story is young and there's a lot more to go. It's way too early to be counting any character out at this point.
Old 2013-02-24, 07:40   Link #1469
novalysis

Yozora did a brilliant job at owning Yusa in the latest chapter released. It's quite interesting when the author comments at how unlikely the entire scenario of Hagani is - and probably most harems for that matter. Though if Yusa was really serious, I think she will push for a rule that ensures the separation of Middle and High School Clubs, and the banning of recruitment by High School Clubs of Middle Schoolers.

Though technically, there have been neighbor club members who have been absent for weeks. I also wonder what would have had happened had Kodaka joined St Chronica earlier than the second year of High School.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 09:53   Link #1470
finalfury
Incognito

Message for Yozora:
You have just raised a Kobato flag. If you care to continue, you will enter Kobato route.
Do it, and my wishes for this series will be complete.
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 10:44   Link #1471
Yye1
Wide Right

Personally, Im leaning towards Sena cuz she and Kodaka seem to complement each other more, and IMO Yozora has raised too many friendship flags.

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 12:23   Link #1472
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Quote:
...Just so we're clear, "shooting down" isn't a metaphor, I mean it literally. The game Sena's currently playing is an FPS where you have to use your gun to shoot down tons of girls coming at you with love letters in their hands and their panties in full view.
That's the game Sena plays at the next chapter, gets too absorbed and says what she says. The other girls reaction, from google translate:
Quote:
Sena talking at someone inside that game:
'but has nothing to do with that, in terms of my personal feelings I want to marry you. because I like Kodaka'

Yozora seems completely do not know what to do like interactive look at me and restlessness Sena.

Yukimura stared at me blankly deadpan as usual.

Kobato one looked at me crying with Yuqi expression.

Rika with a sad expression hovering between Sena and I sight contact with my eyes as if to say "clearly warned you," whispered sigh.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 15:54   Link #1473
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

i haven't read connect, but imo sena and rika are the two closest to end with kodaka as of now. i read somewhere that the author stated in an interview that after the prologue phase of haganai ends that the story is only 1/3 completed. have to find the source so take it with a grain of salt but if i do find i'll post the interview right away. also can someone point me to where i can read haganai connect, be it summuaries of actual translated stories? i mainly go to tsuki so even now i havent finished volume 8. but any help would be much appreciated.
Somethindarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 18:39   Link #1474
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

The full translations for every volume, including Connect, are available in Chinese if you're able to read it. I don't think there's any site that has translated the novels into English at a faster pace than Baka-Tsuki.
Old 2013-02-24, 21:33   Link #1475
Somethindarker
Super Senior Elder Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
The full translations for every volume, including Connect, are available in Chinese if you're able to read it. I don't think there's any site that has translated the novels into English at a faster pace than Baka-Tsuki.
ah ok. much obliged. i guess ill wait til there are some summaries or translation then.
Somethindarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 01:52   Link #1476
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
Personally, Im leaning towards Sena cuz she and Kodaka seem to complement each other more, and IMO Yozora has raised too many friendship flags.
agreed. I feel that Yozora could end up happier if, while not getting the guy, she reaffirms her friendship with Kodaka and opens herself up much more to those around her. Getting the guy might be good for her but if she gives up everything else as a result, it will only bring unhappiness to Kodaka which will just make her unhappy in the end.
Old 2013-02-25, 11:48   Link #1477
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
agreed. I feel that Yozora could end up happier if, while not getting the guy, she reaffirms her friendship with Kodaka and opens herself up much more to those around her. Getting the guy might be good for her but if she gives up everything else as a result, it will only bring unhappiness to Kodaka which will just make her unhappy in the end.
The problem is she wants to monopolize Kodaa for herself, most of the things she did so far were exclusive for Kodaka and herself.... they usually fail anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
> taking 2ch'er's opinions to be solid.

Lol.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 16:55   Link #1478
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The problem is she wants to monopolize Kodaka for herself, most of the things she did so far were exclusive for Kodaka and herself.... they usually fail anyway.

That's why I said it might be better if she didn't get the guy. If she did she may monopolize him and try to keep the other girls away. Kodaka finally accepted the fact that they are all friends. This wouldn't make Kodaka very happy in the long run which would still ultimately affect her relationship with him negatively. To lose the guy but affirm her friendship with him and accept the friendship of the others, Yozora may get more out of that than if she got the guy.

Unless Yozora turns off her Kodaka tunnel vision soon, it will mean she is less and less likely to get the guy.
Old 2013-02-25, 17:52   Link #1479
taurosground

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Unless Yozora turns off her Kodaka tunnel vision soon, it will mean she is less and less likely to get the guy.
That's the thing though, although her recent action to leave the club because of Rika's and Sena's new relationships with Kodaka contradict this, before the second half of Volume Eight, I thought Yozora was progressing more towards a more accepting view towards the Neighbor's Club, especially with her refusal to show the movie during the School Festival without Rika being there to watch it with them. I really think the ninth volume will decide it and swing Yozora into a more accepting club leader or a total Kodaka freak.
taurosground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 16:54   Link #1480
MasterChief_Halo

From all the posts I've read, I can imagine two possible ways the anime can end.

It can end like this for those that want the Yozora being depressed and secluding herself but realizing she has many friends ending:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIm_ypQDEzI

Or for a bad ending with Yozora and Kodaka like this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKsJunlsgFk
MasterChief_Halo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen