AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-20, 23:53   Link #1481
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
That's not right. Case in point, he was willing to die to take out Saitama. The only reason he didn't use it until now was that there was no reason to. No one's ever been able to push him so far.
No he isn't. He hesitated. Notice he had the heart imagery just Saitama did when he started.

He reached his limit as hesitated upon dying.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 23:56   Link #1482
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffyxnami View Post
The data book back up what one said, there is no prove what so ever that Boros attack would do what he said it would. One never said Boros was god class plus combine with the data book clearly make him dragon class no matter how you cut it. One is the one who decide the standard and the rank not you, unless you can prove that Boros attack can even do what he said it would or you are just speaking fantasy. If he was god rank ONE would have said so but didn't so it mean he was the peak of dragon class. Also the data book might not be all base from the HA assessment since they don't even know Boros existed.
If the databook said Boros is dragon, then it contradicts what ONE said. You say it labels Boros as dragon, ONE clearly said he was above dragon. Above dragon is not dragon.

There is no proof that Boros was lying or exaggerating either. In fact considering the epicness of the fight and its importance as such, it's unlikely. ONE is free to set the standards as he chooses, but as I stated in my post, which you clearly haven't read, going by the strict definition Boros is a god level threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
No he isn't. He hesitated. Notice he had the heart imagery just Saitama did when he started.

He reached his limit as hesitated upon dying.
That's not hesitation. That's the feeling of being alive, going beyond his limits, et cetera.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-20, 23:58   Link #1483
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodie View Post
destroying many planets

but hes not god rank...are u trolling?
Are you saying that the creator of One Punch trolling?

The creator said that Boros is "Above Dragon".
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 00:03   Link #1484
luffyxnami

Quote:
If the databook said Boros is dragon, then it contradicts what ONE said. You say it labels Boros as dragon, ONE clearly said he was above dragon. Above dragon is not dragon.

There is no proof that Boros was lying or exaggerating either. In fact considering the epicness of the fight and its importance as such, it's unlikely. ONE is free to set the standards as he chooses, but as I stated in my post, which you clearly haven't read, going by the strict definition Boros is a god level threat.
Uhh no there is no rank above dragon except god and one didn't said god which can be interpret as the strongest dragon too. Also you stick close to the definition of the threat level while ignore the author standard is wrong since that definition is flaw cause if given a demon enough time he could do as much damage as a dragon threat but that doesn't make him dragon level. Plus data book point out Boros rank too and you are seriously going to argue against all that with nothing really to back you up.

True there is no prove that Boros was hyperbolic but other villain/monster like the sea king claiming himself as the strongest etc..were so This point toward Boros and other monster are hyperbolic.
Plus there was no prove that he was not hyperbole his attack power.

Last edited by luffyxnami; 2015-12-21 at 00:14.
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 00:23   Link #1485
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 00:39   Link #1486
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

That's not hesitation. That's the feeling of being alive, going beyond his limits, et cetera.
Nope. Boros is basically doing what Saitama does in training. Instead of enduring it to the point of dying he kept it as a trump card.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That is why Boros can't get stronger as he hesitated.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 00:44   Link #1487
bakato

Quote:
Uhh no there is no rank above dragon except god and one didn't said god which can be interpret as the strongest dragon too. Also you stick close to the definition of the threat level while ignore the author standard is wrong since that definition is flaw cause if given a demon enough time he could do as much damage as a dragon threat but that doesn't make him dragon level. Plus data book point out Boros rank too and you are seriously going to argue against all that with nothing really to back you up.

True there is no prove that Boros was hyperbolic but other villain/monster like the sea king claiming himself as the strongest etc..were so This point toward Boros and other monster are hyperbolic.
Plus there was no prove that he was not hyperbole his attack power.
He said above dragon. That's pretty straightforward. That databook's the one contradicting him. I'm not ignoring the author's standard. I'm just using a different one. ONE is likely saving god for something bigger, but considering Boros was the first to survive a punch he deserves a special distinction of his own.

All the weaklings say they're the strongest. It's the required line of villains lined up to get curbstomped. Boros and Saitama never said it.

Do you really think ONE would have Boros exaggerate his attack and in doing so degrad Saitama's feat of defeating him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Nope. Boros is basically doing what Saitama does in training. Instead of enduring it to the point of dying he kept it as a trump card.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

That is why Boros can't get stronger as he hesitated.
Boros never had to train to become as strong as he is to begin with so that doesn't really apply to him. He was curbstomping everything since he was born.
Old 2015-12-21, 00:52   Link #1488
luffyxnami

Quote:
He said above dragon. That's pretty straightforward. That databook's the one contradicting him. I'm not ignoring the author's standard. I'm just using a different one. ONE is likely saving god for something bigger, but considering Boros was the first to survive a punch he deserves a special distinction of his own.

All the weaklings say they're the strongest. It's the required line of villains lined up to get curbstomped. Boros and Saitama never said it.

Do you really think ONE would have Boros exaggerate his attack and in doing so degrad Saitama's feat of defeating him?

Even if he deserve a rank of his own let said demi god but it doesn't change the fact that he is still not god rank.
Boros pretty much imply he is the strongest in the universe, that's pretty much hyperbolic to me, and how is boros exaggerate his power going to degrad saitama, we have no clear grasp of his power so there is no degrading him. You are basically basing your assumption on boros speaking the true simply cause the fight look cool and you want it to be special and present him of a bigger threat than he might be.
Old 2015-12-21, 00:57   Link #1489
Daft

Great episode. I love what they added to the fight, especially the Meteoric Burst sequence. Reading Youtube comments, some people brought up a interesting point - that the timing of the climax of the fight where the One Punch Man theme BGM plays is like Saitama's dream in the first episode down to the heart beat at the end. Basically, just how Saitama's heart starts beating when he is finally enjoying life again in his dream, Boros was actually able to live the dream they share by being able to fight at full power. Saitama even told Boros and Genos that he was strong multiple times even though he could have ended it instantly. I think its a pretty nice interpretation to say that Saitama knew he couldn't lose but after realizing Boros has had the same problem as him let Boros fight it out to his limit. The way that Boros added Saitama's name to his declaration that Saitama is too powerful (compared to the manga) was actually pretty heart felt to me as was Boros' question to Saitama in last episode's preview. It's like he is disappointed at himself at the end for not being anywhere enough to actually fulfill Saitama's quest for a full-power fight.
Old 2015-12-21, 01:10   Link #1490
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Some freebies
Taking this one if anyone else hasn't. Thanks!
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 01:13   Link #1491
kukuru

Quote:
What, so I gotta prove that it's hyperole? ok first prove the tentacle alien "compare" his gravity power to that of a black hole, clearly hyperbole, this pretty much show the villain hyperbole their power alot. Also try looking up stuff like data book and stuff to see if he hyperbolic or not. Also have you seen the alien that serve him? all of them except three or weak as hell so I doubt the alien in space are that tough to be on the level of tatsumaki. Plus we have no idea what level tatsumaki is, seeing as she is able to pull down a meteor she is probably dragon and we have no idea how her fight with boros would have turn out either, she probably lose but probably by a small margin.

So those are some prove that I can give you, so what do you got to back yourself up? sci fi logic that might not even apply to this anime? Even if boros use the ship core to power himself up, it sill didnt show that it have the power to lay waste to the earth surface, maybe a portion but not all of the surface and he have to put all of his energy into that so I doubt that qualify as god class. That's like saying a demon class have to use all of his energy to waste/destroy half a city.
-Pulling the meteor is an anime original.

-Some people do know how powerful tornado chan is via webcomic.

Finally if people say equal to a black hole or planet buster or anything else, assume is true, because that's how the show is.

If you don't give sub characters their exploration flashback line, you're denying their existence as everything would get one punched to the end.

Bad guy monologue speech = soul of the bad guy. You are dissing their soul man, not cool.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 01:21   Link #1492
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
-Pulling the meteor is an anime original.

-Some people do know how powerful tornado chan is via webcomic.

Finally if people say equal to a black hole or planet buster or anything else, assume is true, because that's how the show is.

If you don't give sub characters their exploration flashback line, you're denying their existence as everything would get one punched to the end.

Bad guy monologue speech = soul of the bad guy. You are dissing their soul man, not cool.
What? I know that the tatsumaki meteor thing is a anime original but since it's a part of the anime so I use it. And also what do you mean everything they said about they power equaling black hole and stuff are true? That's nut, it's obvious they are just exaggarent their power cause if it's true that tentacle alien should be above dragon too. This is a show where monster and people over exaggarent their power and saitama just come in and stomp them proving how wrong they are.
Old 2015-12-21, 01:39   Link #1493
bakato

Quote:
Even if he deserve a rank of his own let said demi god but it doesn't change the fact that he is still not god rank.
Boros pretty much imply he is the strongest in the universe, that's pretty much hyperbolic to me, and how is boros exaggerate his power going to degrad saitama, we have no clear grasp of his power so there is no degrading him. You are basically basing your assumption on boros speaking the true simply cause the fight look cool and you want it to be special and present him of a bigger threat than he might be.
As I said, I'm using a strict definition-based standard.

Implied by statements of fact. But he didn't say some cheap, loser flag-raising line like "I'm the strongest." If Boros' attack wasn't that great, it makes Saitama's serious punch look weaker. I'm basing it on common sense by deducing the author's intent. This battle is intended to be epic. So when a guy, who doesn't boast with cheap lines like "I'm the strongest" and is clearly shown to be the strongest bad guy so far, says his attack would incinerate the planet, it's common sense to take it at face value.
Old 2015-12-21, 01:51   Link #1494
luffyxnami

Quote:
As I said, I'm using a strict definition-based standard.

But he didn't say some cheap, loser flag-raising line like "I'm the strongest." If Boros' attack wasn't that great, it makes Saitama's serious punch look weaker. I'm basing it on common sense by deducing the author's intent. This battle is intended to be epic. So when a guy, who doesn't boast with cheap lines like "I'm the strongest" and is clearly shown to be the strongest bad guy so far, says his attack would incinerate the planet, it's common sense to take it at face value.
Then the author could simply said he is god level to make it clear but he didn't, also we show the effect of saitama's serious punch, there is no need for boros special attack to be what it said to be. Also he was raising loser flag already with the whole " I am the strongest of my race", "never defeated where ever I goes", "Domonator of the universe" etc.. You are seriously going to believe everything boros to be true while counting everyone's else claim as a nothing but hyperbolic simply because the fight look awesome and you want to believe it to be a special fight for saitama?
My standard for god class would probably be someone who can actually injure saitama, and not as in being able to hit him, but actually injure him.
Old 2015-12-21, 01:55   Link #1495
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Boros' attack disintegrated the surface of his ship. Given its durability, it's safe to say he could do the same to any other material on earth, like its surface. Add to that the fact that he sent Saitama flying to the flippin' moon and that's enough for me to assume he really could destroy the planet - the lunar distance is ~9.6 times the earth's circumference, so Boros would have no trouble covering the entire planet nearly ten times over.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 02:03   Link #1496
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Boros' attack disintegrated the surface of his ship. Given its durability, it's safe to say he could do the same to any other material on earth, like its surface. Add to that the fact that he sent Saitama flying to the flippin' moon and that's enough for me to assume he really could destroy the planet - the lunar distance is ~9.6 times the earth's circumference, so Boros would have no trouble covering the entire planet nearly ten times over.
I am not doubting that he could disintegrated the surface of the earth or not, I am doubting that he could destroy all of it. The way I see it, he ould probably destroy a portion of the earth surface before running out of gas.
Old 2015-12-21, 02:08   Link #1497
bakato

Quote:
Then the author could simply said he is god level to make it clear but he didn't, also we show the effect of saitama's serious punch, there is no need for boros special attack to be what it said to be. Also he was raising loser flag already with the whole " I am the strongest of my race", "never defeated where ever I goes", "Domonator of the universe" etc.. You are seriously going to believe everything boros to be true while counting everyone's else claim as a nothing but hyperbolic simply because the fight look awesome and you want to believe it to be a special fight for saitama?
My standard for god class would probably be someone who can actually injure saitama, and not as in being able to hit him, but actually injure him.
Again, ONE's probably saving god for something bigger. It wouldn't do to introduce a god level threat now when he's got so much more planned. What we saw was only the after effect of his punch, the residual force after it had neutralized Boros's attack. If you didn't get it, when I said loser I meant pathetic. The first two are facts. We knew he was going to lose, but his place as one of the strongest was earned and backed by a significant record of achievements. He wasn't like all those other monsters that arrogantly underestimated Saitama and then subsequently got one punched like Beast King, Hammerhead, those tank tops, and Sea King. They all went on about how great they were, but it was different from how Boros talked about his history. Boros razed the galaxy searching for a worthy opponent, but never found one. Any claims of greatness he makes are warranted and unlike those chumps he never looked down on Saitama.

Because ONE wants it to look cool and exaggerating his attack would make it lame.

That's probably what ONE has in mind, too.

Quote:
I am not doubting that he could disintegrated the surface of the earth or not, I am doubting that he could destroy all of it. The way I see it, he ould probably destroy a portion of the earth surface before running out of gas.
In the manga, he said his attack would raze the planet's surface, but all changes in the anime are approved by one so it's either a translation error or ONE decided to up the scale.
Old 2015-12-21, 02:22   Link #1498
luffyxnami

Quote:
Again, ONE's probably saving god for something bigger. It wouldn't do to introduce a god level threat now when he's got so much more planned. What we saw was only the after effect of his punch, the residual force after it had neutralized Boros's attack. If you didn't get it, when I said loser I meant pathetic. The first two are facts. We knew he was going to lose, but his place as one of the strongest was earned and backed by a significant record of achievements. He wasn't like all those other monsters that arrogantly underestimated Saitama and then subsequently got one punched like Beast King, Hammerhead, those tank tops, and Sea King. They all went on about how great they were, but it was different from how Boros talked about his history. Boros razed the galaxy searching for a worthy opponent, but never found one. Any claims of greatness he makes are warranted and unlike those chumps he never looked down on Saitama.

Because ONE wants it to look cool and exaggerating his attack would make it lame.

That's probably what ONE has in mind, too.

In the manga, he said his attack would raze the planet's surface, but all changes in the anime are approved by one so it's either a translation error or ONE decided to up the scale.
That does not speak much especially when we saw that majority of the alien on the ship except for three guy are weak as heck, so why should we believe the alien in the universe are super strong? Heck the sea king claim is as much of credit as Boros since he probably dominate the sea like Boros dominated space so there is not much you can said to support Boros and claim boros is speaking the true and other weren't.
Also saitama didn't neutralize the blast, he weaken it and split it in two.

Also you are going under the assumption that there will only one god level threat and that is the reason Boros was not call god by ONE but that assumption could be wrong.
Old 2015-12-21, 04:09   Link #1499
mynameissport
Producer with dyspraxia

Does anyone kindly know what ending song was played in terms of track name and singer at the end of episode 12 during the credits sequence as it was a different song compared to the endings of episode 1 to 11?
mynameissport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-21, 04:46   Link #1500
Mister Twit

Well, I've watched the whole thing and my opinion didn't change. Oh well.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, parody, satire, seinen, super hero