AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-02, 11:11   Link #15621
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
I...want a Kallen spin-off a la Final Fantasy X-2...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Also, most of the japanese fandom who used to support KallenxLelouch seemed to have settled for KallenxGino midway through the second season and draw more Kagino fanart recently Where you'd expect some KallenxLelouch fanart, you'd only find Kagino now...

Strangely, I was rooting for Kagino till Turn 19's "Kimi wa ikiro..."
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 11:14   Link #15622
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
There's no doubt that Kallen was insecure for most of the show, but she finally worked up the courage to ask Lelouch what he thought of her by episode 19 (albeit at gunpoint). She was seriously shot down at that point, but even pathological liar, Lelouch allowed his feelings to show through (whether platonic or romantic) with his 'live on' statement (granted he was sure he was going to die at that point).

Then Kallen actually became bold enough to show her feelings by kissing him, hoping that he would open up to her and tell her the truth. I think it's fair to say at that point that her love for Lelouch overcame her insecurities about her own feelings; she just felt unsecure about his and wanted to get confirmation one way or the other (LIKE THE REST OF US). Unfortunately, the pathological liar Lelouch at this point couldn't lie to Kallen anymore, so he had to force himself to stay silent because of his feelings for her (again whether platonic or romantic). He couldn't allow her to follow him and being forced to die or live in hiding like him and Suzaku. He wanted her to 'live on' w/ her mother and their friends from Ashford in a peaceful world.

In the end, she understood that their motives and their hearts had been the same all the time. She understood that he made the sacrifice of being reviled by the world for her (and others), and she will carry that with her forever.

youngde, signing off.
well said once again but eventhough she can live on and such, it just suckes @$$ big time, I would be happier if Kallen and lulu were together in sollitude, I mean so what if you have to hide for the rest of your life? at least you'll do it with the man you live.

And indeed GS is a good example of how sunrise milks his money cow, I'm pretty sure that will happen to CG as well, Code Geass eternity and then some movies
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 11:29   Link #15623
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
well said once again but eventhough she can live on and such, it just suckes @$$ big time, I would be happier if Kallen and lulu were together in sollitude, I mean so what if you have to hide for the rest of your life? at least you'll do it with the man you live.

And indeed GS is a good example of how sunrise milks his money cow, I'm pretty sure that will happen to CG as well, Code Geass eternity and then some movies
Well, if Lelouch did survive, he would know what Kallen feels for him. She has a mother to go home to, and Ashford, and her other friends. He can appreciate that, he would want to go home to his sister and Ashford as well, but he was willing to sacrifice that so she could do it in his stead. If he is alive, he would need to hide for the rest of his life; whether his feelings for Kallen were romantic or not, he knows she would follow him, and he wouldn't want that.

Anyway, I'm still of the opinion that he's on a quest w/ C.C. to seal/protect Geass (since she really has nothing to go back to and is the only one w/ knowledge of Geass left). Kallen gets wind of it somehow and gets pissed that Lelouch would lie to her again in order to 'protect her' (seriously, it gets old after awhile), and goes after him to knock some sense into him.

I'll be beautiful.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-10-02, 11:51   Link #15624
blottyparchment

Quote:
I'm actually pissed at that myself. After the lack of Kallen/Lelouch interaction in the second 1/2 of the season, they dangle what appears to be a nice piece in front of us and then screw us over. The concept of a yankee Guren is kinda entertaining though, but they should have had yankee Kallen in both skits. It's her on the freaking cover for crying out loud.

Oh well, at least it's only Kallen and Lelouch on the cover. The last three covers were...threesomes.

People were fearful that Kallen might not appear in the sound episodes anymore. But at least, she appears in SE5. Nunnally has a track called 'Nunnally of the Oden (or was it Soba) Shop', at which they imagine a drunken Kallen at the bar, ranting, "Le-looush you bashtard...why did ya have ta go and die on yer own...Darn it! One more cup for me!" or something

There are also some hilarious 妄想 (mousou) 'wild ideas' sprouting in Japanese KallenxLelouch fans' heads, such as:

Spoiler for scenario 1:

2ch people also seem to think that Kallen might pursue medicine in the future. There are hints from seeing the books on the shelf in Kallen's room in the epilogue. I can't really imagine her being a doctor or nurse. But I guess it sort of fits. Being a doctor, she would bustle about here and there. She's the restless type, I assume. What kind of doctor would she be? I'm thinking pediatrician.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Strangely, I was rooting for Kagino till Turn 19's "Kimi wa ikiro..."
Some of the fanart are so nice that I'm almost convinced to want Kagino to have happened instead of the heartbreak/drama/angst/frustration/I-don't-even-know-what-to-call-it-anymore that was KallenxLelouch.

Last edited by blottyparchment; 2008-10-02 at 19:36.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 12:38   Link #15625
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
2ch people also seem to think that Kallen might pursue medicine in the future. There are hints from seeing the books on the shelf in Kallen's room in the epilogue. I can't really imagine her being a doctor or nurse. But I guess it sort of fits. Being a doctor, she would bustle about here and there. She's the restless type, I assume. What kind of doctor would she be? I'm thinking pediatrician.
Well, intelligence rankings in episode 13 aside (I'm still convinced C.C. did some of those. Tamaki's is a dead give away), Kallen must be pretty smart since she's at the top of her class, so it seems reasonable that she could go on to bigger things. Still, I don't know many high school students that would understand medical books. I'm a DVM and I barely understand some of that stuff.

Maybe she's becoming a doctor so that when she 'catches up w/ Lelouch' and beats the crap out of him for lying to her to protect her, she can 'nurse him back to health.' (I should stop writing before a doujin writer get wind of this.)

Quote:
Some of the fanart are so nice that I'm almost convinced to want Kagino to have happened instead of the heartbreak/drama/angst/frustration/I-don't-even-know-what-to-call-it-anymore that was KallenxLelouch.
Most KallenXGino fanart I've seen has Gino being really into it, while Kallen seems indifferent, pissed or shellshock by what's going on.
Old 2008-10-02, 12:39   Link #15626
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Well, intelligence rankings in episode 13 aside (I'm still convinced C.C. did some of those. Tamaki's is a dead give away), Kallen must be pretty smart since she's at the top of her class, so it seems reasonable that she could go on to bigger things. Still, I don't know many high school students that would understand medical books. I'm a DVM and I barely understand some of that stuff.

Maybe she's becoming a doctor so that when she 'catches up w/ Lelouch' and beats the crap out of him for lying to her to protect her, she can 'nurse him back to health.' (I should stop writing before a doujin writer get wind of this.)
It is one thing to be the top of her class, but another to be the top of her class while she is away for most of the time on her terrorist activities. The problem is that there are tactical geniuses like Schneizel and Lelouch in the series which overshadows Kallen, plus being smart does not automatically make you a charismatic leader or a tactical genius.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 12:41   Link #15627
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
It is one thing to be the top of her class, but another to be the top of her class while she is away for most of the time on her terrorist activities. The problem is that there are tactical geniuses like Schneizel and Lelouch in the series which overshadows Kallen, plus being smart does not automatically make you a charismatic leader or a tactical genius.
Towards the beginning of the series, I had these funny images in my mind of Kallen doing homework, sitting in her crappy Glasgow and yelling at Tamaki because she was trying to study.
Old 2008-10-02, 12:44   Link #15628
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Towards the beginning of the series, I had these funny images in my mind of Kallen doing homework, sitting in her crappy Glasgow and yelling at Tamaki because she was trying to study.
That does make for an amusing picture. But don't diss the red Glasgow! Being red automatically makes it three times faster then a normal Glasgow.
Old 2008-10-02, 12:58   Link #15629
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
I've always failed to see how killing 10 million+ people in a horrible explosion, giving Kallen and Suzaku mechs that allow them to destroy entire armies on their own and impaling the lead of show w/ a sword to be 'toning down the darkness.'
Just think what they would've tried to get away with if it hadn't been at such a family friendly hour.

Quote:
That does make for an amusing picture. But don't diss the red Glasgow! Being red automatically makes it three times faster then a normal Glasgow.
I don't think it's exactly like a Char custom.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 13:02   Link #15630
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
I don't think it's exactly like a Char custom.
It was a joke, taking everything so seriously is tiresome you know.
Old 2008-10-02, 13:03   Link #15631
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
There are also some hilarious 妄想 (mousou) 'wild ideas' sprouting in Japanese KallenxLelouch fans' heads, such as:

Spoiler for scenario 1:
I half expected him to use geass on him and do a runner when i started reading it. I mean he's geassed god, he might as well complete the set.

Quote:
It was a joke, taking everything so seriously is tiresome you know.
I wasn't. But if your going to invoke the power of the Red Paint job, you don't pick a POS mech. It'll just upgrade it from useless to marginally less useless.

Now that i think about it maybe thats how Kallen new her mech was of a higher spec during the final battle. The paintjob carried her through.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 13:25   Link #15632
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Oh well, at least it's only Kallen and Lelouch on the cover. The last three covers were...threesomes.

People were fearful that Kallen might not appear in the sound episodes anymore. But at least, she appears in SE5. Nunnally has a track called 'Nunnally of the Oden (or was it Soba) Shop', at which they imagine a drunken Kallen at the bar, ranting, "Le-looush you bashtard...why did ya have ta go and die on yer own...Darn it! One more cup for me!" or something

Spoiler for scenario 1:

Thanks for the translation...I was wondering why so many SS popped up in the Kallen/RuRuKare thread recently...
Post-canon era=Completion in brain?

Quote:

I would suggest orthopedics instead, dunno why....

Quote:

Seriously, all I have learned (and wish I'd never had) from Code Geass is never ever be a カプ星人 again. Damn it hurts.
And I'd always thought that SasuSaku was the NIGHTMARE for shippers....

Quote:
Most KallenXGino fanart I've seen has Gino being really into it, while Kallen seems indifferent, pissed or shellshock by what's going on.

Comedically unrequited love is also a (strange) kind of ship.
As long as the lulz is there....
*cough*Sarutobi SasukeXKasuga from Sengoku Banana*cough*
Old 2008-10-02, 13:33   Link #15633
reaper_unique

Quote:
Well, if Lelouch did survive, he would know what Kallen feels for him. She has a mother to go home to, and Ashford, and her other friends. He can appreciate that, he would want to go home to his sister and Ashford as well, but he was willing to sacrifice that so she could do it in his stead. If he is alive, he would need to hide for the rest of his life; whether his feelings for Kallen were romantic or not, he knows she would follow him, and he wouldn't want that.

Anyway, I'm still of the opinion that he's on a quest w/ C.C. to seal/protect Geass (since she really has nothing to go back to and is the only one w/ knowledge of Geass left). Kallen gets wind of it somehow and gets pissed that Lelouch would lie to her again in order to 'protect her' (seriously, it gets old after awhile), and goes after him to knock some sense into him.

I'll be beautiful.

youngde, signing off.
I'm all for that, let's keep our fingers crossed
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 13:37   Link #15634
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Some of Kallen's fans are pissed off in 2ch because SE4, in which yankee Kallen is on the cover with a fruity-looking Lelouch, aside from Kallen's image song, doesn't have Kallen in it at all. They expected yankee Kallen and Lelouch to have interactions in the track about Lelouch and his part time jobs but it's really C.C. who appears, along with Rivalz and they felt they were cheated into buying. I admit, that track was quite entertaining though. I made a summary in the drama cd thread, for those who are interested.

Also, most of the japanese fandom who used to support KallenxLelouch seemed to have settled for KallenxGino midway through the second season and draw more Kagino fanart recently Where you'd expect some KallenxLelouch fanart, you'd only find Kagino now...
Sorry to say that, but as a cluclu fan I can't wait to listen this with a full translation <3

Skyless posted something about it in the c.c. thread. It's really funny
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 13:38   Link #15635
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Sorry to say that, but as a cluclu fan I can't wait to listen this with a full translation <3

I technically blushed at a certain suggestive scene~
Old 2008-10-02, 14:15   Link #15636
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

I wouldn't be so pissed off about it if Kallen had had a role in the previous two drama CDs. Other than "Memories of a Beautiful Rebellion," Kallen's hardly gotten to shine on the CDs this season at all. This one has her song and she's on the cover; give her the freaking spotlight for one CD.

(Seriously, I'm not that mad, but it still honks me off a little. )
Old 2008-10-02, 14:20   Link #15637
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I wouldn't be so pissed off about it if Kallen had had a role in the previous two drama CDs. Other than "Memories of a Beautiful Rebellion," Kallen's hardly gotten to shine on the CDs this season at all. This one has her song and she's on the cover; give her the freaking spotlight for one CD.

(Seriously, I'm not that mad, but it still honks me off a little. )
TBH, I understand why some people are mad about it. Kallen is on the cover so many fans of kallen bought it I guess............... <_<. but the part time job episode is about c.c. and lelouch.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 14:37   Link #15638
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Anyone else find it funny that Kallen's "toys" under her bed were dumbbells and other assorted exercise equipment?
Old 2008-10-02, 14:49   Link #15639
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Anyone else find it funny that Kallen's "toys" under her bed were dumbbells and other assorted exercise equipment?
She had the same stuff under her piano in season 1.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-02, 14:51   Link #15640
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
She had the same stuff under her piano in season 1.
and in the room she and C.C were staying in in the pic drama