AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-01, 15:16   Link #141
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I dunno.. I guess the style just isn't one of his preferred flavors? Its a bit more stylistic
Old 2006-11-01, 17:12   Link #142
Zappster

Misunderstanding is all. My post above was a concession by me that it WASN'T as bad as I remembered. Being the stupid sod I am, I forgot my "n't" which is why I was a bit puzzled by the latest replies. Only upon reading it did I notice my mistake.

For the record, I've got no problems with the style either.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 17:34   Link #143
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screencap for Episode 17: I was already encased in enough Nitric Oxide thanks to the latest episode of Negima!?, but then I found out that I could go for more. This episode was funny! Yori-pyon has really made this series better in the humor department since her debute. Here in the spoiler is a synopsis of the first few minutes of events that took place which also describes my slow grasping of the situation as they happened in succession....

Spoiler:

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster View Post
Misunderstanding is all. My post above was a concession by me that it WASN'T as bad as I remembered. Being the stupid sod I am, I forgot my "n't" which is why I was a bit puzzled by the latest replies. Only upon reading it did I notice my mistake.

Well, I'm confused about where this "n't" would have been placed, but perhaps the replies were meant for this post? As Relentless has already pointed out, the overall animation consists of many things, and since you didn't mention which area of animation the show is being inconsistent about, I admit I am puzzled.

I do believe Chokotto Sister has stayed fairly consistent so far. In my humble opinion, Character design, drawing, background imagery, coloring, traits, tone, music etc. pretty much have been the same. There are some discrepency of the character design noticeable in few frames here and there, but nothing drastic, although I need to rewatch the episodes you mentined. Granted this show isn't anything big on animated movements, but the series made it's intention clear in the opening/first episode and didn't stray away from it's intended course. That's pretty much what I was implying when I said the show stayed consistently good in it's overall animation.

P.S.
Nice sig, Vexx!

Last edited by monir; 2006-11-02 at 18:08.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 18:05   Link #144
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappster View Post

See? English is almost as much fun as Japanese
Old 2006-11-02, 19:06   Link #145
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

edit:

Well, I'm confused about where this "n't" would have been placed, but perhaps the replies were meant for this post? As Relentless has already pointed out, the overall animation consists of many things, and since you didn't mention which area of animation the show is being inconsistent about, I admit I am puzzled.
Well, I took it that the replies were in reference to my post at the top of this page (my second post). Anyway the original sentence read: "I just had quick flick through an episode and yeah it was definitely on model for the most part and certainly was as bad as I remembered it." that's where the "n't" went missing, which I promptly edited. You probably wouldn't have seen it if you only just checked the thread today. And I think I explained myself away with my post at the top of the page, so I'm not going to bother going over it again. To summarize: chalk it up to fading memory

edit: and in copying and pasting that I noticed another mistake. I think I need to lie down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
See? English is almost as much fun as Japanese
Almost but not quite

Last edited by Zappster; 2006-11-02 at 19:09. Reason: this thread hates me
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 19:30   Link #146
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

agreed, japanese is a lot more fun ... almost like the original Klingon <lol>.
(seriously, if you look at the artificial language Klingon - it gathers a lot of its root structure from Japanese, which probably makes sense since the author of the language is Japanese-American).
Linguistics is actually a pretty entertaining hobby.

gomen... off topic now. Just dl'd choco ep 8 and must go watch.
Old 2006-11-10, 15:58   Link #147
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screencap for Episode 18: Choco and her family-friends enter the Neko-Nyan dance competition where they need to send a video that will show their Neko Nyan dancing.

Old 2006-11-11, 07:26   Link #148
Seiryuu

Finally managed to see part of 16(I'm a little behind...). That chocolate banana somehow gave me flashbacks to Girls Bravo, and I don't like the idea of Choco reminding me of Miharu. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it, but they actually made to make it worse than the manga version. I'm pretty sure that's not really how you eat those things, and Choco really didn't need to BLUSH while she did it. I can't figure out why so many anime producers like to set up that sort of analogy. For that matter, like every time I've seen this metaphor before, I wish the scene didn't end with her BITING off the end. After setting up such an obvious analogy, that just seems wrong. Funny, but wrong.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 18:26   Link #149
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Screencap for Episode 19: Episode is about a run-away idol who is also fleeing from public attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Finally managed to see part of 16(I'm a little behind...). That chocolate banana somehow gave me flashbacks to Girls Bravo, and I don't like the idea of Choco reminding me of Miharu. If I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed it, but they actually made to make it worse than the manga version. I'm pretty sure that's not really how you eat those things, and Choco really didn't need to BLUSH while she did it. I can't figure out why so many anime producers like to set up that sort of analogy. For that matter, like every time I've seen this metaphor before, I wish the scene didn't end with her BITING off the end. After setting up such an obvious analogy, that just seems wrong. Funny, but wrong.
lol.. Did I mention you always have a nag for putting things into perspective and still manage to be hilarious?
Old 2006-11-16, 18:47   Link #150
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

where's mangatron... I need to inject caffeine into his veins (and the rest of the Ryoumi team ) as I sit here staring at subs 1-8 while ya'll happily banter about about ep 19. yeah, I know - shut up and go sit quietly until they're ready (goes to start hunting up the raws)

Interesting to see the different angles the story is going to be taking though. Sometimes it is difficult to tell if there is a central character or if it is a true ensemble story about all of them.
Old 2006-11-16, 19:21   Link #151
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Screencap for Episode 19: Episode is about a run-away idol who is also fleeing from public attention....
I usually think that the voice of Saitou Chiwa (Lavie in Last Exile, Hazuki in MoonPhase, Becky in PaniPoni Dash) is the most recognizable seiyuu voice of all. But even though I knew she was going to be playing the runaway idol, I really couldn't identify her voice.

I can't say I think this show is much, but it really has some great seiyuu: Saitou Momoko as Choko is the new gold standard in juicy loli voices (Solty in Solty Rei), Mizuhashi Kaori (Sara in Futakoi) as the landlady Chitose, Morinaga Rika (Mamiina in Simoun) as the drunken neighbor Makoto, Ohara Sayaka (Alicia in ARIA) as the pretty shop owner Ayano, Kugimiya Rie (Shana, Louise) as Choko's wealthy "friend" Yurika, Ueda Kana (Yumi in Marimite, Petoko, Hazumu) as her maid Shouko, Kobayashi Yumiko (PuniPuni Poemi) as the boy Kakeru.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 19:51   Link #152
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I guess Santa is also using modern technology now. And...Santa is a sexy woman too. Well, I know if Santa looks like that, I'd be happy to be good every year

-- After watching the first episode, I must say it was pretty good. "I wish for a little sister", who would've thought that Santa will take it seriously And I know her name is cute...but why Choco?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 20:17   Link #153
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
And I know her name is cute...but why Choco?
It comes from "anchoco" (あんちょこ) which is like "notes", in reference to that little notebook that she's always consulting for advice.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 20:19   Link #154
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I know but it kinda strange naming someone Choco. Speaking of notebook, if you look at it on the first episode....the pages are all blank. I thought it was a diary at first.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-16, 20:23   Link #155
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I know but it kinda strange naming someone Choco. Speaking of notebook, if you look at it on the first episode....the pages are all blank.
Well, it's sort of strange being asked to name a girl that was delivered to you as a present by a "Santa" on a flying motorcycle. So one strange thing begets another. He didn't exactly give it a whole lot of thought and the book was right there. And well, I think you're supposed to just imagine that there are words in there, but they didn't bother showing them (then again, I don't remember if any character other than Choco ever reads out of it... I forget).
Old 2006-11-16, 21:16   Link #156
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It probably requires unique Choco-vision (tm) to be able to actually see the notes (or a bigger art budget).

Like Kaoru says, there's a lot of very decent voice work in this, and for myself - the anime comes across as "comfort food" ala chicken soup... or rice with hot green tea poured over it and an umeboshi on top.
Just rather warm and cozy.
Old 2006-11-19, 22:22   Link #157
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

I did a quick search through this thread for "DVD", and nothing came up so I guess I'll be the first to ask. Does the DVD version of this really remove the tape? Though it's likely that no one believes me, I want to know simply out of the fact that doing so would make the show completely flip from a nice, light-hearted comedy to well, some pretty unecessarily dirty stuff. Personally, I'm a fan of the former rather than the latter.

...*looks around*...*sigh* (no one believes me ><; )
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 22:33   Link #158
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I actually believe you because I feel pretty much the same way. I'd have no desire to own this if they remove "the tape" ... there's "cute" nude (chokko trying to figure her bra out or the context-driven onsen episode) and there's "smutty nude" (usually when the police tape comes out or clinical camera angles).
Old 2006-11-19, 22:35   Link #159
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum Burst View Post
I did a quick search through this thread for "DVD", and nothing came up so I guess I'll be the first to ask. Does the DVD version of this really remove the tape? Though it's likely that no one believes me, I want to know simply out of the fact that doing so would make the show completely flip from a nice, light-hearted comedy to well, some pretty unecessarily dirty stuff. Personally, I'm a fan of the former rather than the latter.
Yes - the DVD really does remove the tape. I guess I forgot to mention it when I talked about the first DVD a few weeks ago, though it was originally answered here. Personally, I think the tape actually draws more attention to the ecchi scenes (like "OMG! Look what you're missing!!", but it's really not something to get excited over)... but I guess YMMV.
Old 2006-11-19, 23:31   Link #160
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, you're probably right... often things are less "risque" if they're just treated as matter-of-fact.

That mini-poster of Choko dancing is just darned cute.

Tags
comedy, drama, ecchi, nomad, romance, seinen, slice of life