AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-02-17, 13:54   Link #141
yaluckyboy
NaruHina Maniac

Shikamaru would be good at running the Leaf Village, but he would not be very good at protecting it if a really powerful nija came to attack it. Lets face it, the Hokage doesn't only run the village, he/she must also be on the front lines if a war was to break out and Shikamaru just wouldn't be very suited for this kind of role.

Maybe if Naruto or Sakura became Hokage they would make Shikamaru their Tactical Advisor like Koharu and Homura are to Tsunade.
( W)
---------------------------------------------------------------------
yaluckyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 01:29   Link #142
Lucifer-Angel
Oxymoron

Being in the front lines isn't the main job of a Hokage. Like what Tsunade taught Sakura, the main duty of a healer is not to heal in times of battle; but to evade attacks. The same applies to Hokage. A Hokage is more than just someone who couild fight, someone who lacks in terms of administrative ability could hardly run a village. It's not just commanding, but strategizing, defending, forecasting, budgeting, planning - things that I've yet to be convinced that Naruto is actually able to. Which is why when it's up to me, Shikamaru or Sakura are better choices.
Lucifer-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 03:47   Link #143
nutype
Future MD

From what the manga actually says, hokage by definition is the strongest ninja in the village.
nutype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 04:25   Link #144
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucifer-Angel View Post
Being in the front lines isn't the main job of a Hokage. Like what Tsunade taught Sakura, the main duty of a healer is not to heal in times of battle; but to evade attacks. The same applies to Hokage. A Hokage is more than just someone who couild fight, someone who lacks in terms of administrative ability could hardly run a village. It's not just commanding, but strategizing, defending, forecasting, budgeting, planning - things that I've yet to be convinced that Naruto is actually able to. Which is why when it's up to me, Shikamaru or Sakura are better choices.
Actually, Shikimaru isn't a very good choice. We have seen three missions that he has led, and two of them ended in failure (undoubtedly he has led other missions that we have not seen, but those missions are unknown as to how they were completed, if he had Jounin with him, etc). So, from a command position Shikimaru is not the best choice (Kakashi, Gai, Shikaku, Inochi (especially Inochi considering the current chapters) are all better choices for commander). Added to that, Shikimaru clearly lacks in offensive and defensive abilities, so even if a Hokage is supposed to be one step ahead of their foe, if they do not have the muscle to back up their beliefs, then they are nothing more than a sitting duck waiting to be shot.

Rather, Shikimaru is a clear advisor. He can strategize and plan and even help with the execution, but he cannot adequetly lead or fight the tough foes.

As for Sakura...I honestly have no reason for ever believing that Sakura would be Hokage. She is good at what she does (whatever that is anymore), but that is about it. Hopefully she will receive some development in the near future, then I might have a firmer understanding of her abilities and whether or not she could work as a Hokage.

I honestly do not know who would follow Tsunade. If there are a few more years, then Naruto would definetly shape up enough (he already has the strength and the commanding pressence, he just needs a refresher course in long-term strategy (he already has tactics covered) as well as some rudimentary knowledge of the layout of Konoha's bureaucracy), before then though...there is no clear candidate considering the level of opponent that Konoha currently faces.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 11:11   Link #145
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually, Shikimaru isn't a very good choice. We have seen three missions that he has led, and two of them ended in failure (undoubtedly he has led other missions that we have not seen, but those missions are unknown as to how they were completed, if he had Jounin with him, etc). So, from a command position Shikimaru is not the best choice (Kakashi, Gai, Shikaku, Inochi (especially Inochi considering the current chapters)
I dunno, out of the missions Shikamaru has been involved in, the only failures were the Rescue Sasuke mission and the fight w/ Akatsuki at the mercenary station. But Shikamaru wasn't leader during the fight at the merc station, Asuma was calling the shots then. The Sasuke retrieval mission was a failure by all accounts, he not only failed the objective, but everyone on his team was badly beaten as well. That was clearly supposed to be a learning experience for Shika though and an inspiration to do better for the sake of his team. He also showed good leadeship and his willingness to sacrifice when he diverted the sound nin away from Naruto and Sakura during the Chuunin tournament arc, though he wasn't officially leader of that mission.

Remember that merely completing the objective is not the most important aspect of being a leader, but also making the best decisions for those you lead. Shikamaru was promoted to chuunin because he knew when to stand down, not just because he bested his enemy. His effectiveness as a leader shouldn't be judged just by the number of missions completed vs. those failed IMO.

Despite that, I agree that Shika is lacking the strength to be a Hokage. But when it comes to leadership, I believe he has hardly any rivals in that area.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 12:03   Link #146
ri0

I can't understand why people are debating about any of the former genin to become Hokage... they all aren't good enough (yet).
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-18, 12:12   Link #147
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If anything I would have wanted Azuma to be hokage, but since he quit it's a free for all.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-25, 15:45   Link #148
Lord Uiruu

Pein. He should take over konoha and become the world leader(that counts), only to have the almighty god known to mortals as tobi take over.

so, basicly, TOBI-SAMA = WORLD LEADER.
Lord Uiruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-01, 11:22   Link #149
mrsticky005
Banned

Danzo.
Not that I want him to be
but that it looks like he's going to be.
mrsticky005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-04, 10:23   Link #150
El_Negro
Smurfee

Jesus Christ such be Hokage
El_Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 11:25   Link #151
GreenLama
Banned

Hokage is an honor filled with prestige and poise and not just anyone can become Hogake, there has only been a handfull so far and to just start adding people to the level of Hokage would ruin it's honor. Naruto should become Hokage at the end of the series and then he could give back to all of those who gave to him, it would be a tearfull achievement and a great end to the series.
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 13:51   Link #152
Ninja_Nobody
GameTag: NamikazeKing
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Ninja_Nobody
..... HIDAN SHALL BE HOKAGE......
This message has been brought to you by Barack Obama
Ninja_Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 15:18   Link #153
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Who should be a Hokage? Nobody in Konoha right now other than Naruto;

Who should never have been Hokage? Tsunade. She was a WASTE of time. Could you possiby have seen her doing as much damage to Pein as NAruto did?

Nah...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 15:32   Link #154
Fran~
floating away...

you don't understand the concept of "hokage" nor "the strongest of the village".
Old 2009-03-06, 17:04   Link #155
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Naruto is currently the most powerful shinobi in Konoha
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote