AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 22 20.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 17.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-10, 19:00   Link #141
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoks View Post
She herself gave up on that when she decided to take to the field at the end of last season. She understood the rebels wanted war, and force was the only way to bring that war to an end.
And what was she going to do after that? Doing one battle? Fine. But what happens when it's revealed that she's going against her own people and a civil war happens with those who are one her side and those who are against her? Or what about if her grandfather disowns her? Her going out that one time was no actual plan. She loves her people, but she's never been suited to rule them considering her upbringing. Also, whatever she wanted was pretty much a moot point after she got shot.

And remember that Slaine doesn't know any of that anyway, and she would have never been able to tell him.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 19:00   Link #142
Arya

OMG! Not really surprised, but damn, they didn't restrain in the slightest, Inaho fully back in action in ep 1 With his harem in onsen mode and the princess kept away in a water tower. Am I missing something? Yeah, a dragon is put at defense of her cage

Admittedly I don't care the least about how far they went to give us Inaho back, but yeah it is really over the top I was also ready to endure like a couple of episodes without him. And so they skipped 19 months to avoid it.

On the other hand they put Asseylum into stasis, that's a good news, but how they framed it it's a bit meh, I mean, it seems that Slaine had decided to save her by destroying all her beliefs. Like,
Hi Slaine how long I've been in a coma?
Well, 3 years!
Oh, look at that seagull, are we on Earth?
Yes, we are living on Earth now.
So, you were able to make peace with the Earthlings!
Well, sort of. Ehm, Earthlings don't exist anymore. But, look, there's another seagull up there!

Replace the seagull with whatever reason he could have thought and yet it doesn't sound well, does it?
I may be wrong, this is the first episode after all, but the signs are not so good for Slaine so far.

In any case, glad to have A/Z back finally!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:01   Link #143
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Spoiler for Inaho:
Old 2015-01-10, 19:04   Link #144
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Supposedly, the blood that splattered on him from Asseylum either itself, activated the drive, or it somehow gave him Aldnoah powers and thus he was able to activate the drive. Though, you would think that since both were near death, it wouldn't work, but whatcha gonna do?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 19:04   Link #145
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
And what was she going to do after that? Doing one battle? Fine. But what happens when it's revealed that she's going against her own people and a civil war happens with those who are one her side and those who are against her? Or what about if her grandfather disowns her? Her going out that one time was no actual plan. She loves her people, but she's never been suited to rule them considering her upbringing. Also, whatever she wanted was pretty much a moot point after she got shot.

And remember that Slaine doesn't know any of that anyway, and she would have never been able to tell him.
She wanted a peace treaty. Frankly, that would have worked in the Martians' favor because they just kicked the Terrans' collective ass all over the place, so she would have gotten them a favorable treaty. The Martians on the other hand want complete domination.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:08   Link #146
Irenesharda

Quote:
She wanted a peace treaty. Frankly, that would have worked in the Martians' favor because they just kicked the Terrans' collective ass all over the place, so she would have gotten them a favorable treaty. The Martians on the other hand want complete domination.
When would her people have ever agreed to a peace treaty? They never cared for the last one that they had at the beginning of this whole thing. The Vers Empire, have had conqueror mindset for quite sometime. Why have a treaty with a group of people that you find completely beneath you, and you have a huge upper hand against? They'd rather kill all Terrans or subjugate them all and take all their resources that they "don't deserve".

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 19:09   Link #147
MartianMage

Quote:
Supposedly, the blood that splattered on him from Asseylum either itself, activated the drive, or it somehow gave him Aldnoah powers and thus he was able to activate the drive. Though, you would think that since both were near death, it wouldn't work, but whatcha gonna do?
It was the resuscitation... that's why there is a flashback... that's probably the same reason why Slaine has the activation factor too.
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
Old 2015-01-10, 19:13   Link #148
Zoks

Quote:
When would her people have ever agreed to a peace treaty? They never cared for the last one that they had at the beginning of this whole thing. The Vers Empire, have had conqueror mindset for quite sometime. Why have a treaty with a group of people that you find completely beneath you, and you have a huge upper hand against? They'd rather kill all Terrans or subjugate them all and take all their resources that they "don't deserve".
The official reason for the war was because they killed the princess. Not everyone went traitor, remember? The traitors wanted full scale war and domination. The loyalists will give peace a chance, especially if they can get much more favorable terms than their previous treaty. Peace doesn't mean a return to the previous status quo. Her entire objective was to improve Mars-Earth relations. She would have been able to do it from a position of power.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:14   Link #149
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No. It was confirmed the bullet went through the temporal region. Regardless how Inaho was initially emotionless to begin with, damage on the temporal region would involve glaring changes such as auditory and visual impairments as well as language recognition issues and potential amnesia.

Frankly, I can't tell if I should laugh or cry after every events that occured within very few minutes.
Slaine's characterization is in shambles: I see no damn reason for him to save Saazbaum at all, as there is no way for Slaine to make sure the former would never lay a hand on Asseylium.
Likewise, Saazbaum not trying to have his way now that he is completely fine is a bit silly.

Also... how the hell Vers empire failed to completely conquer Earth within 19 months?

Inaho being alive is already pushing too much the asspull there, but the fact he must be the only character that can devise tactics against vers soldiers make me facepalm like no tomorrow. Frankly, the "mob of the week" was a frigging sitting duck, and despite how long it took Inaho to reach him with his rocket J- I mean grenade dash, he just did NOTHING.

The only thought I had at the end of the episode was like: that's it? All this wait for this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
My other gripes with the Aldnoah activation is the fact that the Aldnoah drive is supposed to be shut down if the one behind its activation lose consciousness or dies.

Yet, they could activate it despite Inaho is arguably not conscious. What gives?
Forget it Klash. There are so many things in this series that don't make a lick of sense, asspull-ish and contradict previously-established facts (And worse, this series is being dead-serious almost all the time, unlike the intentionally silly G-Reco. The more Aldnoah gets into details, the less sense it makes) I've lost count of it, so I stop caring and try to enjoy this fabulous trainwreck that even Urobuchi's writing can't save. Heck he's actually part of the writing-problems coz he's the one that wrote the (unbelievable, if not dowright stupid) origin of Vers.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:16   Link #150
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Forget it Klash. There are so many things in this series that didn't makes a lick of sense, asspull-ish and contradict previously-established facts (And worse, this series is being dead-serious almost all the time, unlike the intentionally silly G-Reco. The more Aldnoah gets into details, the less sense it makes) I've lost count of it, so I stop caring and try to enjoy this fabulous trainwreck that even Urobuchi's writing can't save. Heck he's actually part of the writing problems coz he's the one that wrote the (unbelievable, if not dowright stupid) origin of Vers.
It wasn't losing consciousness, it was her heart stopping that caused the drive to shut down. If it's just consciousness it'll turn off every time she went to sleep.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:16   Link #151
ChampDream
Alive

so much stuff happen in this episode, well it look like Slaine managed to save the princess life somehow and Inaho just show why he is so op, that random imouto is really random and I find silly how Inaho already found out she was fake already.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:19   Link #152
Irenesharda

Quote:
The official reason for the war was because they killed the princess. Not everyone went traitor, remember? The traitors wanted full scale war and domination. The loyalists will give peace a chance, especially if they can get much more favorable terms than their previous treaty. Peace doesn't mean a return to the previous status quo. Her entire objective was to improve Mars-Earth relations. She would have been able to do it from a position of power.
Even the people that were loyal to her, like Cruhteo, didn't care for the treaty and were happy to finally take over the Earth. And everybody, from her grandfather, to Cruhteo, to even Eddelrittuo told her to not bother with the treaty since Terrans are such a "barbaric bunch". Even the loyalists were itching to take a take over Earth. Nobody, not even her most loyal nobles, or ever her family cared about the peace treaty or her trip. They all thought it was foolhardy.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 19:28   Link #153
Zoks

Quote:
Even the people that were loyal to her, like Cruhteo, didn't care for the treaty and were happy to finally take over the Earth. And everybody, from her grandfather, to Cruhteo, to even Eddelrittuo told her to not bother with the treaty since Terrans are such a "barbaric bunch". Even the loyalists were itching to take a take over Earth. Nobody, not even her most loyal nobles, or ever her family cared about the peace treaty or her trip. They all thought it was foolhardy.
It doesn't matter if they thought it was foolhardy. What mattered was that they were loyalists and they would have followed her orders. They proved they were a superior military power and were in position wrench concessions without a need to occupy Earth. That alone is something the Martians would have considered advantageous. The rebels, on the other hand, need the war because they need to prop up their own ambitions to turn against Vers.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:40   Link #154
Tchadnis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loremaster View Post
I'm just saying, the fact Slaine clearly showed great marksmen skills in space is a much bigger plot hole than the whole revival of the princess and robot eye dude. Ah whatever...
he had 19 months to train with the Tharsis , most people think between the time he shot Inaho and now it like freaking tomorrow but nope 19 months id like to believe some extent training would give him that , judging Saazbaum speech i believe he has been training with the Tharsis all along
Old 2015-01-10, 19:41   Link #155
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yippeee! I was right regarding the hologram.

Now the only things Earth side needs to do is to take Inaho's blood and see what the difference is. That difference between pre and post activation Inaho should be the Aldnoah factor.

Slaine is creepy. He's gone bonkers. lol

I bet that Asseylum is perfectly fine but in a chemical restraint induced by Slaine since she's also 19 months post injury. The second princess is being used to impersonate Asseylum to further propagate the war on Earth.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:45   Link #156
Irenesharda

Quote:
It doesn't matter if they thought it was foolhardy. What mattered was that they were loyalists and they would have followed her orders. They proved they were a superior military power and were in position wrench concessions without a need to occupy Earth. That alone is something the Martians would have considered advantageous. The rebels, on the other hand, need the war because they need to prop up their own ambitions to turn against Vers.
The only one of Vers who truly cared about peace was Asseylum and Asseylum alone. No matter how many order she gave, if she never got to the root of the problem, which lies with her own family and the way her own government is structured, it ends up being nothing but a band-aid over the real problem. Eventually even her orders wouldn't be enough. There would be more Saazbaums and Trillrams that would eventually attack again, to get rid of her and start a war. And her own grandfather, who can overturn anything she does, has no problem being manipulated into war.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 19:45   Link #157
leelee85

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yippeee! I was right regarding the hologram.

Now the only things Earth side needs to do is to take Inaho's blood and see what the difference is. That difference between pre and post activation Inaho should be the Aldnoah factor.

Slaine is creepy. He's gone bonkers. lol

I bet that Asseylum is perfectly fine but in a chemical restraint induced by Slaine since she's also 19 months post injury. The second princess is being used to impersonate Asseylum to further propagate the war on Earth.
19 months that's too long
Old 2015-01-10, 19:48   Link #158
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee85 View Post
19 months that's too long
Yeah, it's too long. That's why I started laughing when I saw her in a tube similar to the one in Fafner. They're just keeping her alive as insurance (hostage). They'll wake her back up when they need to. She looks too good to be in bad shape. Slaine's got her in a chemically induced coma as a restraint to keep her out of their way.

I'm just wondering what's preventing Saazbaum from going into the room and flipping the switch.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:53   Link #159
Random14

Oh, nobody died, what a surprise, not. So Inaho is back with robot eye and defeats Martian robot in less than five minutes, same as ever. They try to add some "realistic" parts, like the pilots being strapped down during orbital litfoff, but that makes the sillier parts, like Inaho's new activation rights, even more stupid. I would expect him to hijack a Martian mech son, but then he wouldn't be Orange anymore.

By the way, whatever happened to that other older pilot, Marito was it? Not sure if he showed up in the background. Guess the episode was too busy focusing on the girls at the beach.

The light refracting bit tips off Inaho about fake Asseylum, but they've seen that disguise tech before, so an imposter shouldn't be that much of a surprise. Sudden introduction of another Princess is abrupt, but typical for this show.

Did they say why they even have a fake Asseylum on TV? Other than to try to trick the viewers about her fate. Most Martians think she was assassinated earlier, and they're all too eager for war, so not like they need her reputation to endorse the war effort.

How is the war not over yet anyway? Inaho is basically the only one we ever see winning any battles, and earth HQ fell at end of the first season.
Old 2015-01-10, 19:53   Link #160
magnuskn

Inko still best waifu. Hopefully she gets her cyborg husbando.

Lots of asspulls in this one, but to be honest, if you watched this show looking for logic and deep characterization, this was the wrong place to look for it in the first place. Lean back and enjoy the visuals, music and "mwahaha, I'm so evil!" villains. The show manages to keep the tension high, that is more than you can say for many other shows.