AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-03-19, 09:31   Link #141
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
The thing is she believes in her grandfather's vision and is following that instead. Also, there were a lot of factors that led her to believe that at the very least, she cannot make peace with Artuk, one due to the knights' obsession for revenge for their humiliation, two, due to waning influence and she didn't want to lose the empire and allegiances her grandfather built, three, take revenge for her grandfaher and aunt against the Constance family who betrayed them. It's for this reason why Villlar asked his brothers to change their last names before his demise, because Marrine would have to relentlessly pursue them to their graves otherwise. We also cannot forget her motivations after the tragedy. She was the one who convinced everyone to agree to her and Alexis's union after all. Anyway, I'm not sure which peace effort you were referring to, but the last I remembered, Matias and Sylvester were at each other's throats before the marriage thing Maybe I need to go back and check past volumes, or was it mentioned after volume 5?
Not so much as with efforts over a long time, but her father, well, the pair's father was willing to set aside their differences at the start, and 2 mans go out, side by side, facing the demon, only to have his daughter go against what he died for.

I actually kinda sympathize with her in the beginning of the story, i mean, the fact that both factions was against each other is in the settings, and knowing that her father died will definitely create a revolt in her faction, but after getting the clear occurences and the general field setting. I would say her decision is actually really bad. Assuming she goes with Alexis as with the original intention, her factions will definitely revolt, but only a portion of it, considering her remaining force, even if less than 30% or even 20% of the faction, join with Alexis, It is still crushingly more powerful than pretty much every single force there are on the race. And the fact that they lose Marrine as head clear send chaos onto the entire remains as some might decide they got the chance. And she even got a solid reason for doing it, as her father dying will. The casualties can be reduced to minimum, but she pull on a full blown war, literally at each other throat. Of course, I do somewhat agree with her emotional motivations, but considering that thousands of lives is going to be lost on her decision and there actually was other options, i feel that her emotional reason actual don't matter that much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noble101 View Post
I really don't feel anything towards what marriane did because frankly she's not the heroine. But if she was and instead of Alexis it was Theo getting cucked, I would have been triggered.
Pretty much my opinion
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-19, 09:55   Link #142
larethian

Incidentally, I don't remember Marrine giving away Villar's crest to Milza. It also doesn't make sense in terms of crest mechanics since Milza declared he wouldn't swear fealty. But I need to check that again even though I just finished v4 recently, though I took 3 weeks to read that due to time. TFW Mizuno tells us to forgive him for any inconsistency due to pressing deadline (no time to cross-check) and failing memory due to old age. Though, when I translate a novel, I tend to remember the details for at least a year before they fade away from memory, probably because each time I sit down, I will re-read what I've translated so far in current chapter, so multiple re-reads consequently.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 19:50   Link #143
hyddty

Hope someday this LN get translated, would love to see more of Theo and Siluca scene, best couple this season for me. And here is the last illu from volume 10, guess they settle for a laid back life in the farm xD

Spoiler for image:
hyddty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 20:18   Link #144
maton456full

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyddty View Post
Hope someday this LN get translated, would love to see more of Theo and Siluca scene, best couple this season for me. And here is the last illu from volume 10, guess they settle for a laid back life in the farm xD

Spoiler for image:
Can you send me the illustrations for this volume ?
maton456full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 13:35   Link #145
Sensei155

Hey guys can anybody summarize the ending and the fates of the main cast for me?

Last edited by Sensei155; 2018-03-21 at 13:39. Reason: Pg
Sensei155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 11:41   Link #146
Sensei155

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyddty View Post

Spoiler for image:
Wait didn't theo become the emperor? so what gives with this picture? Did he just give up everything he had or is he simply helping with the reconstruction of the kingdom by working on the fields or something?
Old 2018-03-22, 12:06   Link #147
n0m@n
C-Z

Mizuno (the author) sure did add a crappy epilogue to it. Shouldnt have added this epilogue.

Spoiler for v10:

So the new Gran Crest series which showed Theo as the Emperor and Siluca as the Empress at the beginning of the new series took place before this epilogue huh.

Last edited by n0m@n; 2018-03-22 at 15:10.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 12:47   Link #148
hyddty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maton456full View Post
Can you send me the illustrations for this volume ?
Here you go <(")

Spoiler for V10 illus:
Old 2018-03-22, 13:23   Link #149
Sensei155

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Mizuno (the author) sure did add a crappy epilogue to it. Shouldnt have added this epilogue.

Spoiler for v10:

So the new Gran Crest series which showed Theo as the Emperor and Siluca as the Empress at the beginning of the new series took place before this epilogue huh.
Wait seriously? is this for real right now? what is exactly the point of this crappy epilogue? it ruins everything the story showed so far, sigh hopefully the anime simply adapts the ending and skips this epilogue this really made me regret picking this series up all those years before, feels like I wasted so much time for nothing
Old 2018-03-22, 19:09   Link #150
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

Meh , is Theo really a person with ambition ?
He is like those people who at 1st say they gonna do it just to give up on the next day .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 19:38   Link #151
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

So that's the reason why they were on a farm. What a shitty epilogue.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 20:09   Link #152
hyddty

Oh well, who need an empire when you can live a peaceful life with a cute mage as your wife :3
Old 2018-03-23, 05:21   Link #153
mlovolm

what is that at the last pic ) don't tell me it's another transferred into the future )
mlovolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 12:09   Link #154
Ratedhook522

The next episode has been titled “ A treaty formed”, anybody want to spoil what that means?
Ratedhook522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 20:35   Link #155
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

I can smell another rush episode .....

I bet it will be like Marriane receive report of Arab dude was killed by Theo in battle and she agree to a treaty ......

And no fight scene between Milza and Theo .
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 04:36   Link #156
endarion88

ok so i just gave a try to the anime and

well i gotta ask

is the whole point of the story to make you hate this black princess or there is more?

because for now that's all i get from the anime

it's like they are really tryng hard to make me hate this character

Last edited by endarion88; 2018-03-28 at 07:45.
endarion88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 09:23   Link #157
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
ok so i just gave a try to the anime and

well i gotta ask

is the whole point of the story to make you hate this black princess or there is more?

because for now that's all i get from the anime

it's like they are really tryng hard to make me hate this character
I think it was actually supposed to be more of a social commentary originally, about war, politics and people's motivations for fighting basically. Like with Game of Thrones, everybody has a reason to fight and all intend to do good, but when politics and emotions get involved, we lose sight of ourselves in the process, well, at least that's what I think Marrine represents. So it's more of a human nature commentary, not that I think about it.

It's also about how easy it is for national treaties to get broken, when one's ambition gets in the way and the consequences of it -----Milza.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 2018-03-28 at 09:55.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 09:44   Link #158
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
I think it's supposed to be more of a commentary about war, politics and people's motivations for fighting basically. Like with Game of Thrones, everybody has a reason to fight and all intend to do good, but when politics and emotions get involved, we lose sight of ourselves in the process, well, at least that's what I think Marrine represents. So it's more of a human nature commentary, not that I think about it.

It's also about how easy it is for national treaties to get broken, when one's ambition gets in the way and the consequences of it -----Milza.
well if that is so then the anime is doing a really bad job at it

the only impression i get from the anime is

theo= kind lord

marinne= road to a tyrant

the anime just make it seems black and white as that
Old 2018-03-28, 09:54   Link #159
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
well if that is so then the anime is doing a really bad job at it

the only impression i get from the anime is

theo= kind lord

marinne= road to a tyrant

tha anime just make it seems black and white as that
Yeah, I agree. The more darker Marrine's actions become, it's easy to think of her as evil when she's actually more grey than black. For her, her heart's more in chaos with regards to her personal struggles, but most of her actions resound from guilt and powerlessness over not being able to save her father.

I don't agree with most of her actions though, especially with regards to Milza.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 10:04   Link #160
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Yeah, I agree. The more darker Marrine's actions become, it's easy to think of her as evil when she's actually more grey than black. For her, her heart's more in chaos with regards to her personal struggles, but most of her actions resound from guilt and powerlessness over not being able to save her father.

I don't agree with most of her actions though, especially with regards to Milza.
when i started to watch this i tryed to put miself in the shoes of one of the knight that fight for such nobles

on one hand i have

theo: does not care of territory and rank, prioritize human lives above anything else

and on the other hand i have this pricess that:

1)does not esistate to use poisonus misasma that everyone herself includes swore to not use

2) and this one makes me laught seriusly, she keep refusing a marriage proposal that would end the war (moreover with mutual love), but she does not esistate 1 second to spread her legs to gain the favor of a man that just killed dozen of her loyal soldiers?

like seriusly what in the actual f*ck?

if i was one of her soldier and know all of this i would desert right away or try to stab her in the back to avenge my comrades that died for such a low person