AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-12-17, 20:26   Link #141
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Fiona is such an ordeal every time she appears, jeebus. Why are they writing original chapters for her of all characters?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-17, 23:07   Link #142
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Fiona is such an ordeal every time she appears, jeebus. Why are they writing original chapters for her of all characters?
I think some of the material was from the manga (90% sure the flashback to her training arc was).

And I think she's much more tolerable than Yuri .
Old 2023-12-18, 00:32   Link #143
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think some of the material was from the manga (90% sure the flashback to her training arc was).

And I think she's much more tolerable than Yuri .
Fantastically low bar.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 00:37   Link #144
SamCurt

Quote:
I suspect it's to give Nightfall some screen time to justify paying for Ayane Sakura this season.
SamCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 00:41   Link #145
Frontier

Quote:
Fantastically low bar.
Yet a bar nevertheless .
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamCurt View Post
I suspect it's to give Nightfall some screen time to justify paying for Ayane Sakura this season.
I mean, she's featured in the ED so they had to give her something .
Old 2023-12-18, 20:57   Link #146
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I think Fiona and Yuri should start dating.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-19, 07:22   Link #147
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think Fiona and Yuri should start dating.
Quite a few people ship them because they're so similar. If they ever met though, they'd probably just team up to tear Loid and Yor apart. They're both way too obsessed to let go that easily.

I'm sure there are also people who wish they'd meet during a mission and kill each other
Old 2023-12-19, 07:35   Link #148
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Author actually introduced another potencial ship for Yuri.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-19, 07:51   Link #149
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The writer of this series sure likes the concept of NTR but at least the first half was funny. The second one was nice but the lack of dialogue felt like they had no budget and instead made a flashback episode.
Old 2023-12-20, 14:39   Link #150
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Quite a few people ship them because they're so similar. If they ever met though, they'd probably just team up to tear Loid and Yor apart. They're both way too obsessed to let go that easily.
Which isn't a unheard of basis for a ship.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-23, 11:59   Link #151
Frontier

Coming back with the intro recap to close the season out I see .

It's time for an ooting with Loid and Bond! And since Anya is busy with origami, it's the perfect opportunity to get to training Bond to be the best secret agent dog ever !

Poor Franky. I'm not even surprised he ended up playing the "bad guy" for Bond to chomp on. And to think of all they went through off-screen in the vacation arc together !

I guess I get why Loid wants to make sure Bond is trained and can effectively serve better on missions, but Bond has lived most of his life being experimented on and forced to be what others wanted him to be...can't he just be a dog ?

Of course it's not easy for Bond to get along with someone that's not Anya, because they can't read his intentions as well as she can. Bond tries to help people with his future sight, and succeeds, but not without making him come off like a dog pestering people, at least that's how Loid reads it .

Good on Anya to be making her own Stella Stars out of origami, especially when her chances of getting another one are...dubious, at best .

A random woman probably did get pigeon poop on her, but thankfully Bond was able to lure Loid to a torched apartment building so they could use Bond's future sight and Loid's spy skills to work together to save an innocent and adorable doggie from getting burned alive. And they even caught the arsonist in the process! The Forger family crime-fighting team still going strong .

So wet bond looks like a shriveled up old dog. Even his barks sound wearier. And even Loid can barely keep in his laughs .

It's nice to see Loid and Bond come to a better understanding. Loid needs to do right by Bond after all, he's an important part of the Forger Family! And he needs to take care of the Forger Family for the sake of the mission...at least that's what he still tells himself .

I love how Yor's origami either comes out a weapon or pretty clear on how her specialty is killing people .

Is there anything sweeter than Anya rewarding Loid and Bond with their own Stella Stars for a hard work walk? How about Damian pillow fighting with his bros? Becky posing cutely with her dog? Yuri killing himself with love from his sisters' ungodly cupcakes? Fiona shooting a picture of Loid with Wuv in her heart? Franky fantasizing about picking up chicks with his armor? But the sweetest of all is the Forger family all seated together and enjoying dinner! See you next mission !
Old 2023-12-23, 13:25   Link #152
grecefar

it was a nice season. 7/10.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-23, 13:56   Link #153
magnuskn

It's still good anime, but for some reason I kinda lost the ardor I had for it somewhere. I think it's because Yor is so stagnant as a character and I kinda care most about her.

7,5/10, good stuff, would be one point higher if I still cared as much as in the first season.

Last edited by magnuskn; 2023-12-24 at 02:46. Reason: Removed one "t", because of an ortographical error.
magnuskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-23, 14:37   Link #154
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The lack of development for all the characters this season was a letdown. Basically little has changed since the Forgers became a family. Like Magnuskn, I found this season distinctly less compelling than the first. There were episodes where I plain lost interest. That didn't happen in season one.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-23, 16:16   Link #155
Decel

6/10 overall for this season, some decent episodes and the cruise arc was mostly good, but the lack of overall progress is wearing thin.

I'm starting to wonder how long I'll hold onto this series.
Old 2023-12-23, 17:02   Link #156
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

There are rumors about S3 airing next fall. In the manga there is some progress later, though, the author indeed does not hurry with progressing either the story or character relationships that much.
Old 2023-12-23, 19:40   Link #157
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Bond's true form was finally revealed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
There are rumors about S3 airing next fall. In the manga there is some progress later, though, the author indeed does not hurry with progressing either the story or character relationships that much.
The progress is super small. Lack of progress is pretty much the name of the game for Spy x Family, the author has finally found success (doing what he hates, unfortunately for him) and is going to milk this series for all its worth.
Old 2023-12-23, 20:02   Link #158
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Judging by some later chapters he actually does a bit that he did with his previous works at least.
Old 2023-12-23, 21:18   Link #159
Frontier

There was no progress on Operation Strix or like monumental instances of character development but I think we're gradually seeing the Forger Family becoming more of a real family and how that effects what they do, which is the core of the series.
Old 2023-12-23, 22:04   Link #160
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote