AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-09, 12:38   Link #141
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Speculation? Sounds like my turn to shine.
And Kanade flies-or not. We haven't seen if those wings actually work yet. Still they make her look very, very pretty.
lol I'm sure they work: Kyon is to Yuki as Otanoshi is to Kanade... she'll listen very much (if Otanoshi says: "Kiss me..." Kanade will say: )

Spoiler:

Kanade: I have to tell you something. You're rejected. *grabs Otanoshi*
Oyama: OTL

Last edited by bhl88; 2010-06-09 at 12:49.
Old 2010-06-09, 13:16   Link #142
Knightrunner

Now that I'm thinking about it maybe the reason why the sword guy and Shinna is depress because they got caught by the shadow. The shadow goes inside them and makes them see all the bad memories and emotions. The shadow thing doesn't nessarily kill. The only way to snap the crew out is to beat the shadow monster and Yurippe will leave early for preparations.
Old 2010-06-09, 15:04   Link #143
Xacual

Well if that's what the shadow monster does then it would force a lot of the characters to come to terms with their pasts and I could see at least some of them disappearing because of that.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-06-09, 18:59   Link #144
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well if that's what the shadow monster does then it would force a lot of the characters to come to terms with their pasts and I could see at least some of them disappearing because of that.
I'm glad you caught on with that theory. Once they overcome there sadness they may disappear. That would definately speed up the plot tremendously.
Old 2010-06-10, 03:00   Link #145
dark998

Another preview pic

Spoiler:
Old 2010-06-10, 08:07   Link #146
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Another preview pic

Spoiler:
Two for one episode? Oo, this is a treat.
Gotta say, those wings look absolutely beautiful on Kanade. And in terms of speculation, it looks like she's going into battle, probably with the shadow creatures.

On the theory that the shadow beings cause the recollection of memories, which eventually leads to ascension, I have to say I don't like it too much. I mean, plot-wise, it's a great way to sum up the finale and manage the ascension of everyone in the SSS (which would once again, place Yurippe in the villain's seat, fighting the shadow), but I don't think I could forgive Maeda for using such a silly plot device.
From the words of something overseeing the afterlife: "Oh? Tachibana Kanade has teamed up with two other youth, but she still can't manage to ascend a small group of troublemakers? Better send in my Alan Wake shadow beings."
It sort of forces us to accept the existence of a greater being in the afterlife, something that has already been denied by the plot. Otherwise, why are the shadows sent into the afterlife? Are they another one of Kanade's Guard Skill's gone haywire? 'Cause that would be kind of repititous. Secondly, if they drag up the possessed's memories, why does Naoi seem so affected by them? We've already seen that he has a complete recollection of his memories, and even if we haven't seen his death/comatose-inducing event, it's not the death which causes the entrance into the afterlife. It's the unfulfilled youth that happens before the death which causes it. Having accepted that he is himself, the only reason Naoi seems to still be kicking around the afterlife is because he wants into Otonashi's pants.
Old 2010-06-14, 06:33   Link #147
TadloS

Episode 12 preview is up.

http://www.angelbeats.jp/story2/ep11.html
Old 2010-06-14, 06:37   Link #148
prettyboy9999

Angel Beats Ep 12 Preview ~ Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Old 2010-06-14, 07:14   Link #149
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

>Oyama
>sniper rifle
>shot
>...did he man up?
Old 2010-06-14, 08:34   Link #150
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Hisako, Sekine, and Irie appear in a preview again! Well... Sekine and Irie appear again, I don't remember if Hisako was in a preview before... anyway... I'm really looking forward to it! ^___^

Old 2010-06-14, 08:37   Link #151
AC730

I'm not sure who exactly it is but looks like the Shadows got themselves another victim.
Old 2010-06-14, 10:28   Link #152
Marina2

Wow! That door at the end of preview is really the heaven door (for men).
Old 2010-06-14, 11:02   Link #153
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post
I'm not sure who exactly it is but looks like the Shadows got themselves another victim.
Looks like Yuri to me, has hairband.

Can't wait for the episode, looks epic
Old 2010-06-14, 11:15   Link #154
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Chaa is back! Though, he looks a little lonely there.

Anyway, for what I think's gonna happen next Ep:
Two teams:
  1. Chaa and Yuri -> they're gonna dig deep into the source of the Shadows. Chaa's feeling a little melancholic (perhaps all of Guild got taken by the Shadows, and he's the only one left), but Yuri convinces him to cheer up and come with her to help investigate the Shadows. When they reach "Heaven's Door", they get captured by the big bad (shadow flood at the end of the preview).
  2. Otonashi, Kanade and the rest of the SSS -> fighting off the Shadows in the surface will lead them to another Underground Guild entrance. They somehow learn that Yuri has been taken captive, and they then move to rescue her. Somehow, we may find out a little bit about Kanade's past.
The big bad will be someone new. It'll probably be someone that was held back (or imprisoned) by the creators of Underground Guild long ago, but managed to escape due to the destruction of Underground Guild and some help from Kanade's clones (reason: why would they kidnap Kanade, and take her to Underground Guild of all places?).

Last edited by Ice Block; 2010-06-14 at 11:30.
Old 2010-06-14, 12:08   Link #155
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Hurray for GDM! XD and more shooting mwuhahaha
Old 2010-06-14, 12:19   Link #156
dark998

There is a pretty nice shot of Kanade there, when she is jumping towards the screen.

And more Sekine and Irie! Yay
Old 2010-06-14, 12:34   Link #157
pampz21
ShipCore

woah...an interaction with Yuzuru and Shiina...and another Yuri x Otonashi calling out!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2010-06-14, 14:23   Link #158
Raiza Sunozaki

The trailer's out, so here's my speculation:
Yuzuru's leading Fujimaki, TK, Noda and what I think is Naoi in the corner. Looks like the gym. Preparing to assist Yuri in her Guild dive?
Kanade looks surprised. Aside from being adorably cute, perhaps this happens as Yuzuru's getting drowned in a river later in the preview?
Quick scene of TK duking it out with something, awesome as always, followed up by Oyama manning a sniper rife. Maybe he's making up for his failure to save Takamatsu in the last episode.
Chaa is all alone in some deserted cave. Doesn't seem to be the antagonist, more like he's lonely. My bet: all of the other Guild members have been NPC'd by shadows, and he's at his end for escaping.
Yuri is shouting at something. I don't speak Japanese, so I don't know what.
Fujimaki's thrown away his katana (a pity, really) to dual-wield handguns. Noda follows up, thankfully still carrying his halberd. Oh, and they're fighting shadows. Plus one for Backing Up Yuri Theory!
Kanade is very good at flips.
Shiina and Yuzuru are fighting back-to-back, presumably against shadows. Bad-assness ensues.
Hisako is giving somebody (I'm guessing Yuzuru) the thumbs up. To note: some of the other SSS members are behind her in the distance. My theory: some of the SSS go on ahead and ascend, while others, led by Yuzuru and Kanade, go to help Yuri.
Yuzuru's (or not, turns out it's Yuri) drowning in what looks like a river. Maybe it's a shadow river. I don't know.
Last scene... a woman's washroom door? And Yuri holding up two handguns, presumably, towards the door.
Strange.

That's what I've got.

Last edited by Raiza Sunozaki; 2010-06-14 at 17:48. Reason: I seem to be a bit blind today.
Old 2010-06-14, 15:20   Link #159
Serffix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Yuzuru's drowning in what looks like a river. Maybe it's a shadow river. I don't know. Maybe this causes Kanade to panic? She obviously has some feelings for him.
Last scene... a woman's washroom door? And Yuri holding up two handguns, presumably, towards the door.
Strange.

That's what I've got.
I think it's Yuri who seems to be drowning or being taken by shadows if you take a closer look at the scene.

Based on the preview from the episode, it seems Yuri will have her dilemma midway of the episode with her question "If I dissapear now, can I start over?" After which she'll get into trouble with the river/shadows things. That's when Otonashi's group shows up to save her. It seems the final boss (with his line "you've done well to reach here") will be introduced then ... maybe it really is some kind of God? Hah a pervert God who likes to hide in a woman's washroom.

I'd love to see a scene where Yuri and Kanade team up against the end boss, that'd be cool.
Old 2010-06-14, 16:31   Link #160
mayumi

Am I the only one who finds it weird that the co founder of the group - hinata is Not there in the preview? What's going on?
Closed Thread