AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-05-28, 03:37   Link #1601
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Happy day today for a change. I came home and there was a parcel on the table for me.

It's the Max Factory Kureha figure from Shining Wind. I'd been chasing one for a while and finally found one that wasn't $200+ USD. It cost me $140 USD including postage. Probably still a bit much but it's the first figure I'd seen and wanted before I even saw the anime or played the game.

I've since played the game and watched the Shining Tears X Wind anime and I really like Kureha's character. So beautiful...

Only gripe there are a couple of marks where her sleeves have rubbed against her right boot and upper left thigh. I'll get out my modeling kits on the weekend and and touch it out. Otherwise I love it.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 03:44   Link #1602
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

I've just pre-ordered the miyafuji PVC figure wich will be aired in September (thanks, sankakucomplex xD)

This is THE LINK provided for pre-orderings.
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-28, 04:54   Link #1603
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Happy day today for a change. I came home and there was a parcel on the table for me.

It's the Max Factory Kureha figure from Shining Wind. I'd been chasing one for a while and finally found one that wasn't $200+ USD. It cost me $140 USD including postage. Probably still a bit much but it's the first figure I'd seen and wanted before I even saw the anime or played the game.

I've since played the game and watched the Shining Tears X Wind anime and I really like Kureha's character. So beautiful...

Only gripe there are a couple of marks where her sleeves have rubbed against her right boot and upper left thigh. I'll get out my modeling kits on the weekend and and touch it out. Otherwise I love it.
Looks great, and it really was a good price for it
I came across the Kotobukiya version but my favourite from the game is Blanc Neige so I had to buy her first

Spoiler for More Pics:

Those glass eyes are so beautiful!
Old 2009-05-28, 05:58   Link #1604
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Those glass eyes are so beautiful!
I agree, looks great.

I think I'll try and get one of the Elwyn figures. She shares the same voice as Kyou from Clannad and that's just awesome. ;D

Old 2009-05-28, 06:06   Link #1605
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
I think I'll try and get one of the Elwyn figures. She shares the same voice as Kyou from Clannad and that's just awesome. ;D
I'm getting Xecty next, probably from Kotobukiya
Old 2009-05-28, 13:25   Link #1606
dfens

I got the same miyafuji on order as well.

Well today my long nearly 9 month wait is over my Roberta from Black Lagoon statue finally came in. HLJ screwed me and canceled my order and I managed to find one on Ebay for actually a little less than them shipped. I'll still use them but taking more pre-orders than they could fill is bad and should never happen. They should have let me know sooner because finding one was almost impossible and waiting nearly 2 years for a potential re-release no way.

Don't have pics yet but here is some other persons which is the exact same as mine.

http://picasaweb.google.com/terrycyh...=embedwebsite#
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 07:54   Link #1607
Revan21

KONAMI Shakugan no Shana II Figumate
By the time I heard of it and got to the store, there was only one box left from the entire pack of 10. Luckily there was Shana inside and not only that but the FlameHaze version too
Spoiler for Shana:

And I got a cute little
Petit Studio Stage2 Gundam SEED Destiny - Meer Campbell
Spoiler for Petit Meer:
Old 2009-05-30, 08:41   Link #1608
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Well today my long nearly 9 month wait is over my Roberta from Black Lagoon statue finally came in. HLJ screwed me and canceled my order and I managed to find one on Ebay for actually a little less than them shipped.
All the times I've looked to HLJ for a figure I've found it cheaper on eBay by at least 10% every time.

The next figure I'm going to get I think will be the Max Factory Real Image 1/6 Yoko.

Damn that looks unbelievable.

Old 2009-05-30, 11:10   Link #1609
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Question.

Are poseable figures welcome on this thread?
Old 2009-05-30, 11:25   Link #1610
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Question.

Are poseable figures welcome on this thread?
As the originator poster of this thread, I suppose so after taking into accounts of how the likes of Figma and Nendriod had advent for the past 2-3 years.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 12:19   Link #1611
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well speaking of Figma. This is my latest Figma.

The Haruhi Summer outfit which comes with a FREE FIGMA BAG!!! I got the red one. Will take her out later.

Ohhh ponytail! I like girls with ponytails - Kyon/kenjiharima
Old 2009-05-30, 23:39   Link #1612
HigurashinoUmineko

WOw someone actually bought that Summer Uniform Haruhi. I only have a Yuki Figma tho. I shall get the rest of the SOS-DAN!!
HigurashinoUmineko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 08:16   Link #1613
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Here's the first Haruhi figma made. The faces are compatible to be swapped also the accessories. Will post the whole SOS DAN in the Haruhi thread and here later. Tired need some rest... ZZZzzz
Old 2009-05-31, 10:13   Link #1614
Revan21

Cute I dont like Figma much (or any action figures for that matter) but Haruhi is always a Must Have

And what are those next to her?
Final Fantasy Mini figures, maybe?
Old 2009-05-31, 19:04   Link #1615
Kudryavka

Has anyone ever bought from http://www.animewild.com ? I'm thinking of buying Kotobukiya's Komari Kamikita from them, but only because I can't find her anywhere else. I heard animewild's really bad with preorders, is that true for instock items, too?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 21:06   Link #1616
dfens

I've never dealt with them before all I know is that US based companies are the worst when pre-ordering. They get the item 1-3 months after release at the earliest if they get it at all and they always over charge instead of MSRP.

I looked the figure you want is long sold out and out of production, so if that site has it I say go for it. It's over 15 dollars cheaper than MSRP and probably much cheaper to ship.

The only thing I don't like when I viewed that site was it doesn't say if anything is in stock or out of stock/out of print. Just call or email them to make sure you don't waster your time waiting if they don't have it in stock which would mean they'll have zero chance of re-ordering another one.

Saw a statue I have on order not only were they charging 60 dollars more, it said add to cart. Which is bull because HLJ doesn't get it till some time at the end of June and more than likely will ship it in July. It should have said pre-order and expected shipping etc.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-31, 21:28   Link #1617
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Has anyone ever bought from http://www.animewild.com ? I'm thinking of buying Kotobukiya's Komari Kamikita from them, but only because I can't find her anywhere else. I heard animewild's really bad with preorders, is that true for instock items, too?
I ordered a bunch of Fate/Stay Night figures from them a couple years ago. Memory is somewhat hazy, but I vaguely remember one item was just not in the box and when I looked at the invoice it said out of stock, despite it not being listed as such on the website. So yeah, I would definitely take the advice of the above post and email them before you order it.

And yeah, make sure you don't pre-order anything, I have had nothing but problems pre-ordering from US retailers. Toyslogic delaying some of my Clannad items has become a monthly occurrence now and Animenation didn't notify me until months after the scheduled release date that the Kotomi figure orders had all been cancelled (luckily by that point I had already given up on them and had gotten it elsewhere).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 09:39   Link #1618
Kitsune
九尾の狐
*Artist

This week I just recieved two new nendoroids MikuMiku Kagami (Lucky star Kagamin cosplaying as Matsune Miku from Vocaloid) and second hand goddes Nagi-sama (those who don't understand the joke please refer to sankakucomplex xD)

Here are two resized pics of those new bigheads:

Spoiler for Resized:

And this is a picture of my still-growing Nendoroid army (someday I'll start a war for the control of the Nendo-world xD):

Spoiler for Nendoarmy:
Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 11:02   Link #1619
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsune View Post
This week I just recieved two new nendoroids MikuMiku Kagami (Lucky star Kagamin cosplaying as Matsune Miku from Vocaloid) and second hand goddes Nagi-sama (those who don't understand the joke please refer to sankakucomplex xD)

Here are two resized pics of those new bigheads:

Spoiler for Resized:
Iam more interested on the fleshy girls on the back. Dakimakura's or posters?

2nd hand. lol
Old 2009-06-01, 12:29   Link #1620
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Iam more interested on the fleshy girls on the back. Dakimakura's or posters?

2nd hand. lol
I believe that's Kuro-chan back there, so it must be this Kodomo no Jikan poster
(I wouldn't dare to hang these up )

Te goddess-nendoroid is sweet
I haven't found a good figure of her yet though