AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-13, 06:26   Link #1601
pirateking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiszero View Post
Wait one moment, you forgot something, Eureka said that scub coral was disappearing in the future and the past has scub coral popping, coincidence much?
if the theory about Eureka and scub Coral ended up traveling to the past is true, then wouldn't the Scub Coral be repeating its existence throughout the 10,000 years of cycle? In that case how DID the scub Coral come into existence in the first place? Reminds me of John Connor's "No fate" message to his father Kyle that was later passed on back to young John Connor in the Terminator series..

Wonder if Eureka will ever reach back to Renton, what if the time travel thing is a one-way trip only back to the past like the game Infamous? Might explain why Eureka ended up back in 2012 when Ao was born.

Perhaps Renton might invent a time machine to find Ao? Since he is smart enough to create a Mark Nirvash.
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 06:45   Link #1602
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Wow, this week's episode was fantastic. So much revelations. I didn't think we'd learn so much this week.

My favorite part of the episode was Eureka and Ao's interaction. It was so cute. I really liked the way Eureka was animated.

I was really surprised to find out Truth is a secret. I thought he'd be something else entirely. Eureka claims the secret aren't humanity's enemy, so that means he isn't either... I find that a bit hard to believe right now.

Until now I subscribed to the theory that this world is a construct of the scub coral but I'm not so sure anymore. It might just really be the Earth from 10 thousand years ago.
Old 2012-07-13, 07:03   Link #1603
Axiszero
The Forsaken Lurker

The whole series is a prequilic sequal
Axiszero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 07:03   Link #1604
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateking View Post
if the theory about Eureka and scub Coral ended up traveling to the past is true, then wouldn't the Scub Coral be repeating its existence throughout the 10,000 years of cycle? In that case how DID the scub Coral come into existence in the first place? Reminds me of John Connor's "No fate" message to his father Kyle that was later passed on back to young John Connor in the Terminator series..
The Scub are aliens brought to Earth via a meteor crash. Problem was the Scub assimilates everything even humans. So the humans went on a exodus. The Scub went to sleep.

5,000 years later when the humans came back to Earth they thought it was another planet. 5000 years forward Eureka 7. Scub having learned its lesson not to kill the only other sentient life in existence created observers (Gonzy) and emissaries (Sakuya and Eureka) to learn.

Thing is AO has its own alternate history not compatible with E7. It had recorded Secrets since the 18th century. Only in its 20th century did the Scub start appearing and the Secrets nuking them with collateral damage.

AO is a universe where the Scub and Eureka can time travel.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 07:36   Link #1605
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

@episode 13

what a mindblower, Eureka 7 AO acts like a prequel and sequel

it was said in this episode that GekkoState and Eureka came from 12,000 years in the future... and on the original or first series (which is the future) it was mentioned that scub corals came on earth at around 10,000 years from the past

so Eureka and Renton along with their son AO is gonna battle the scub corals again or make peace with them

i think the Secrets are Scub Corals too since Eureka said they are not really the enemies, might be that the Secrets found out through Eureka and Renton that the future is not what they expected to be, like they do not like the fusion of Humans and Scub Corals maybe, and that is why Truth that i think is a primary Secret officer is trying to kill Eureka to change the future that way

if i never seen Steins;Gate i will be surely confuse about how time travel works, since why their is multiple Eureka that occured on the past earth (the current tv anime series now) this might be because their are different parallel universe and with different versions of Eureka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiszero View Post
The whole series is a prequilic sequal
lol nice that someone think thesame as me
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 08:16   Link #1606
Raincollie
A certain collie of rain.

Spoiler for Gulliver:
Raincollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:10   Link #1607
ookamigirl

That Eureka girl sure was interesting.
Her world seems to have the opposite viewpoint of scub corals.
Flashback to the past was really interesting and explained a lot.
Looks like his mom did some time traveling.
Ao sure snapped at Gazelle.
Guess he really missed his mom a lot.
Truth interfered again.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:18   Link #1608
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Lol, no wonder I was so lost this episode. I didn't even watch the last one, so I was going... WTF, Eureka is back? I can't even comprehend how'd I miss watching last week's episode.

As for the episode itself, what a curveball. Future Eureka goes back in time, meets these people for the first time, then in the near future would time warp back even further to give birth to Ao?

Oh, nice to see Fleur going crazy with worry. <3

That said, still wtf at Naru getting so little screen time still. Her turning into Eureka's silhouette isn't helping things either.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 09:34   Link #1609
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Some time ago, people couldn't get enough of Eureka, and Naru was better forgotten.

Now, the tables have reversed, when Naru remains almost forgotten and Eureka just appeared and made minceballs out of everyone.

How intriguing.
Old 2012-07-13, 10:51   Link #1610
Blaat

Great episode, now I want to see Renton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
How intriguing.
What? Only one person here is pointing out the lack of Naru and he's a die hard childhood friend shipper. ;p
Old 2012-07-13, 11:02   Link #1611
bigdeath

This doesn't seem like a prequel but more of a semi-sequel of sorts. The Eureka we see is from after the events of the first show but this episode makes it clearly that the first show is set about 10k years ahead of AO's time. That would be why theres no heart carved into the move.

P.S. One of my favorite parts of the episode was Eureka scolding AO for his lack of table matters. Its almost like shes practicing to be a parent. HEHEHE.

Last edited by bigdeath; 2012-07-13 at 12:24.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 11:18   Link #1612
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I really don't think the world in AO is 10k years before the events of E7. It's very likely another world, either an artificial one created for some purpose, or a pre-existing alternate dimension. Too many things don't add up for this to simply be the distant past of the E7 world. There's something else going on besides time travel, that's for sure.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 11:31   Link #1613
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
This doesn't seem like a prequel but more of a semi-sequel of sorts. The Eureka we see is from after the events of the first show but this episode makes it clearly that the first show is set about 10k years ahead of AO's time. That would be why theres no heart carved into the move.
Yea I caught on to that too so if we put everything together we can come up map of the events in E7 and AO time lines.

While doing research on the disappearing Scub Coral Eureka was transported with along with the Scub Coral.

Eureka gets set to the past and meets her own son when he's 13 years old something happens and she is transported again.

Eureka is then sent another 13 years into the past where she ends up on that island and gives birth to Ao.

Two years after Ao is born Eureka is asked by the Allied Forces to help them figure out how to stop Scub Coral. She dose but is transported yet again to who knows when or where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I really don't think the world in AO is 10k years before the events of E7. It's very likely another world, either an artificial one created for some purpose, or a pre-existing alternate dimension. Too many things don't add up for this to simply be the distant past of the E7 world. There's something else going on besides time travel, that's for sure.
So Eureka was shifted to another world then time traveled? Maybe she did make it back home and is trying to contact Ao from the other world to reunite with him?
Old 2012-07-13, 11:32   Link #1614
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

HOLD ON
I'm doing science.

Spoiler for size:

Upd: what I marked as 120XX actually shouldn't be more than +2 months from the nearby point as when Eureka re-emerged in 2012 she was still pregnant with Ao. Whoops.

Also the catastrophic event Blue Spirit Eureka references is probably the result of accelerating Scub Bursts.
Stay with me here.
First Secret (which I assume means first Scub Coral) is dated 18th Century.
In XX Century they appeared too but not as frequent as now.
And now Scub Corals drop every other week or so.
At some point the two worlds might collapse on each other.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2012-07-13 at 12:39.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 11:52   Link #1615
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I like the world collision theory. That's definitely the sort of scifi story which both Kyoda and Aikawa would be comfortable with telling. It would also make the threat significant enough that it would have an impact on the E7 world too.
Old 2012-07-13, 12:31   Link #1616
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
HOLD ON
I'm doing science.

Spoiler for size:

Also the catastrophic event Blue Spirit Eureka references is probably the result of accelerating Scub Bursts.
Stay with me here.
First Secret (which I assume means first Scub Coral) is dated 18th Century.
In XX Century they appeared too but not as frequent as now.
And now Scub Corals drop every other week or so.
At some point the two worlds might collapse on each other.
Thank you! I was tempted to make a diagram myself as some don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I like the world collision theory. That's definitely the sort of scifi story which both Kyoda and Aikawa would be comfortable with telling. It would also make the threat significant enough that it would have an impact on the E7 world too.
For the moment they are losing real estate. For E7 humans there is nothing worse than sky rocketing real estate prices. Bubble bursts tends to tell them time to go back into space.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2012-07-13 at 12:54.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 12:44   Link #1617
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

What and where is Naru? What is Ao? Where is Eureka in time and space? What is Truth? This episode just overturned a bunch of theories and gave us a injection of mindscrew.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 12:46   Link #1618
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
What and where is Naru? What is Ao? Where is Eureka in time and space? What is Truth? This episode just overturned a bunch of theories and gave us a injection of mindscrew.
Naru is a human from AO world involved with Scub Bursts in a way we do not yet know.
Ao is Eureka and Renton's son born in AO-2012.
Where Eureka is currently is unclear.
Truth is a Secret that Eureka fought 10 years ago, presumably having been turned humanoid through absorbtion into Scub Coral at the same event.
Old 2012-07-13, 13:02   Link #1619
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I think Naru could be in the E7 world now, along with the older Eureka. That message Eureka sent Ao could have been channeled using Naru's powers.
Old 2012-07-13, 13:06   Link #1620
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

That doesn't make a lot of sense...
Blue Spirit Eureka asked Ao to take her to Renton.
If she was in E7 world along with Naru, why would she need that? Renton is supposed to be there to begin with.

...Unless of course he himself is engaging in world-jumping shenanigans.

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen