Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-11-09, 02:20   Link #1681
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post
Wikileaks reported on the truth, like they did against the Russians, and against bush.

You should blame Hillary Clinton herself for her poor judgement, and decisions, rather than everyone else.

Ignoring all the dirt, we can at least agree she made terrible campaign decisions, and actions, prior to running. That alienated a lot of her base.

The move with Tim Kaine and DWS to name a few.
Oh please the whole thing was shame and Comey more or less admitted it just days ago. They couldn't find a lick of dirt on her, but kept partoting the email shit in hopes of fludding her campign to the easily influneced. Neither organization acted any real interigty or bipartisanship espeically when they had ties to the Trump camp.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:23   Link #1682
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
that feeling where we will have a republican house, senate, president, and supreme court. This is gonna last a lot longer than 4 years.
My Ar-15 will sleep a little bit better tonight.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:27   Link #1683
MCAL

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffreyGo...39445708128256

I like how Trump Supporters decry CNN as the Clinton News Network and yet the whole station has been nothing but stuff like this going unchallenged for awhile.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:27   Link #1684
sasoras

HAHAHA This sounds like a joke but it happened, Canada immigration site was temporarily taken down when Trump was announced to have taken a big lead.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:29   Link #1685
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Just look at the AfD in Germany, Le Pen's popularity in France, and how in many other countries right-wing parties are gaining a lot of momentum.
German political system will restrict the influence the AfD will have though. As I said above, the AfD could very well save Merkel's chancellorship by blocking a left-wing majority in parliament.

The overall right-wing swing in the Western world is simply a reflection of the insecure times we are living in. People fear for their long-held privileges and the "establishment" (using it although I don't like this word in that context) isn't presenting them any solution. The Western world needs a new generation of competent politicians. Just look at this current US election, if the best candidates the two parties can come up with are Clinton and Trump (who are both about 70 years old), then something's very, very wrong.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:30   Link #1686
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
For the record, I don't want Europe to be America 2.0 either. Let each country be it's own identity.

I break from a lot of Republicans when it comes to foreign policy. The thing is, Conservatives in America have no other country to go to for our ideals. America is it. The left here, have plenty of places they could move to for what they want. If you want big government, you can find it anywhere in the world. If you want Freedom and liberty and capitalism, this is it for us.
Oh I think you'd be surprised by just how many places in the world "American" conservatives would fit in, or how much America resembles countries many Americans consider horrible places to live.

But keep on drinking that freedom kool-aid.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:37   Link #1687
BPD Renegade

Well, it's officially over I guess. Time to apply for a passport.

Old 2016-11-09, 02:41   Link #1688
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Clinton has conceded - CNN
Old 2016-11-09, 02:42   Link #1689
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

The era of Clinton has come to an end.

Bill Clinton was disgraced out of office. At the end of his era, both house belonged to the Republicans.

Hillary Clinton was shown the door. At the end of her era of corruption, both house belongs to the Republicans.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:44   Link #1690
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

2016 will definitely be seen as key turning point in history.

First it was the Brexit Referendum in June; then it was the crapfest Australian election which saw Pauline Hanson get back in the senate in July; and now, President Drumpf. There's isn't enough beer in the local pub that will get me through tonight; and I don't even drink alcohol!

The next decade is going to be way too uncertain for my liking.

But at the same time, I followed Nate Silver's live blog on this and knew not to be too sure of a Clinton Presidency. Even though the polls were wrong, 538 still had 1 in 3 chance for Drumpf winning; if I had 1/3 chance of getting into a car accident, I wouldn't drive.

But there's a whole number of easily identifiable reasons (in hindsight) that justify this outcome. Mainly:

the DNC threw the election away by rigging the primaries against Bernie Sanders the only presidential candidate in all of the primaries to actually have integrity and cross party appeal.

Donald Trump reaped the full benefits of this by being the only remaining anti-establishment candidate left.

So from here down under, I'd just like to give a massive FUCK YOU to the corrupt DNC and Hillary Clinton. This entire thing is on you.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:45   Link #1691
Brother Coa
Banned

It's over.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:47   Link #1692
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

And so this happens.

Well at least I won't have to deal with my father breathing venom for four years of a Hillary Clinton Presidency.

Will she retire now and not run in 2020, because I think America is simply tired of her.

We'll find someone else with better charisma to be the first woman President of the United States of America.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:48   Link #1693
sasoras

Definately this is 99% DNC and Hillary Clintons fault.

Anyone who did not have their heads in a cloud, knew that having a Hillary clinton go in the general instead of Bernie heavily risked a trump presidency.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:49   Link #1694
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Michelle for President 2020, I say then.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:51   Link #1695
Brother Coa
Banned

Just one note on all of this:

When Trump announced that he will be running for the White House I remember that he was laughed at by everyone and he started with -10% of support.

No matter if you hate him or support him you have to give him credit for pulling the impossible.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:53   Link #1696
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
This is a battle of two Americas. I really wish we could just split the two in half and be done with it.
The saying "Be careful what you wish for" is something you better keep in mind.
If you ask Trump nice enough he will use his awesome Mexican Wall idea for more than Mexico. And then I hope you'll have fun with a modern approach of East<>West Germany scenario 2016+

I wonder how many people voted out of protest for Trump (as lots of people did in Germany with the AfD due to the afore-mentioned inscure times and "disappointment" or bitter feelings with the government).
Old 2016-11-09, 02:53   Link #1697
Applehell

In anycase Dems are gonna have to look hard at their stratagy and start looking for stronger, young and appealing candidate without so much babbage tied to him or her. Regardless how much of it is true. 2018 when the midterm primaries begin is gonna be a test of whether they regain momemtum politically.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:53   Link #1698
sasoras

Can we all finally agree the polls were rigged in HRC favor giving you guys a false sense of security, and when reality walked in the predictions proved what they really were?

I'll walk away $1000 richer from the bets so I'm good.

Excuse me as berate a Clinton supporter next door who voted against bernie, saying she stood a better chance against trump.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:53   Link #1699
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Let this be a cautionary tale for the French candidates for 2017 Presidency. May we not end up to choose between Le Pen and whoever win the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
In anycase Dems are gonna hard look at their stratagy and start looking for stronger, young and appealing candidate without so much babbage tied to him or her. Regardless how much of it is true. 2018 when the midterm primaries begin is gonna be a test of whether they regain momemtum politically.
They should also start clean up house and get rid of identity politics assclowns. Those, in part, poisoned the well.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:53   Link #1700
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Will she retire now and not run in 2020, because I think America is simply tired of her.
She'll be what, 73 in 2020? Far too old, if she doesn't realise this herself in 2020 she'll be even more foolish than I thought.

Well, so with this TTIP and TPP are dead I guess?