AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-21, 15:21   Link #1701
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Akise isn't gay, he only loves Yukiteru.
Well, I don't care. It was funny and it had sense as miketyson pointed out, even in case Akise didn't love him for real. But really I can't see the difference from loving him or being gay.

Anyways if Yuno were in some ways related to murmur as Akise to DeM it would ruin a bit the end of the show. Even if it is true that Akise and Yuno have one thing in common, both are masters in their skills. (Well, Yuno is more a genius). In fact what I fear the most is that Yuki will trick her (if her true colors weren't those she claim to be) at the very end. Something that I will not bear.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 15:32   Link #1702
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I was quoting Akise himself from a supplemental chapter that's unlikely to ever get animated.

"I'm not gay, I just love Yukiteru."

Whether that still makes him gay is up to you, but what he means to say is that he is uninterested in men, but he IS romantically interested in Yukiteru. Make of that what you wish.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 15:34   Link #1703
Voxxen
Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Actually saying someone is gay should mean that he is happy. And Akise is clearly Yukiterusexual.
Definitions change over time, it is true that before the 1980's the word truly meant happy. Around the mid 1980's the definition changed to the rather drastic meaning we give to it today. It started out as an insult and as of today it is becoming a word of classification, as gay's (homosexual's) are becoming more widely accepted.
Voxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 16:01   Link #1704
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike1889 View Post
It was indeed quite sudden for me that Akise went the gay way ...totally didn't saw that coming from earlier episodes
Really? Maybe I'm biased because I saw it coming right from the beginning in the manga, but I thought the anime did a good job of portraying that side of Akise.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 16:16   Link #1705
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
I was quoting Akise himself from a supplemental chapter that's unlikely to ever get animated.

"I'm not gay, I just love Yukiteru."

Whether that still makes him gay is up to you, but what he means to say is that he is uninterested in men, but he IS romantically interested in Yukiteru. Make of that what you wish.
If he wasnt gay, that he would never develop romantic feelings for Yukki.... Either way, I am sill undecided whether I feel thrilled by the idea or turned off.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 16:26   Link #1706
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Either way, Akise made obvious his true feelings about Yukiteru, right at his first appearance. In the manga it was a bit more obvious but the anime wasn't that much behind , either.

People who are shocked about the kiss scene were either forgetful or they just skimmed over those parts. Including the discussion that was going on in this thread.

There's a definite reason why we compared Akise to Kaworu from NGE.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 16:33   Link #1707
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
People who are shocked about the kiss scene were either forgetful or they just skimmed over those parts. Including the discussion that was going on in this thread.
I failed to notice obviously..... and as for the discussion, I joined animesuki after his appearance.

But I dont see that as a bad thing..... so the kiss surprised me, I dont mind surprises
Old 2012-03-21, 18:30   Link #1708
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Akise just got ruined for me... Why in the world is he gay all of a sudden? And for Yuki of all people! I really have nothing against yaoi but that's totally out of place here!
All of a sudden? Don't you remember way back in his intro arc that he told Yuno that he liked Yukki as more than a friend? Not to mention that in the actual manga, he kinda touched Yukki's butt, and I believe in both versions he called him cute.

And he's based on Kaworu, so that's another hint at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
If he wasnt gay, that he would never develop romantic feelings for Yukki.... Either way, I am sill undecided whether I feel thrilled by the idea or turned off.
Well, there are other sexualities that allow you to like the same gender (asexual (yes, that means you don't care about sex, but you can be attracted to personalities), bisexual, etc).

I don't really get why there even has to be an issue if he's gay or not.. it's realistic to have gay people who aren't the entire purpose of the series hanging around, and they don't need to prove super strongly that they're gay either. Akise did kind of show that he was though, as far as I saw. Also, the kiss had multiple purposes.

Plus, no one really found it odd that Tsubaki kissed Yukki to piss of Yuno, so I don't see why Akise couldn't do the same (even though I don't think that was the sole purpose).
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 22:16   Link #1709
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that a man kiss I didnt see coming
Old 2012-03-22, 03:15   Link #1710
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Like I said, I was just quoting Akise's own words.
Old 2012-03-22, 06:41   Link #1711
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Really? Maybe I'm biased because I saw it coming right from the beginning in the manga, but I thought the anime did a good job of portraying that side of Akise.
I haven't read the manga, I am only watching the anime

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 07:17   Link #1712
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike1889 View Post
I haven't read the manga, I am only watching the anime
I wouldn't encourage you to read the manga, either.

At least not until the series finish.

Mirai Nikki has many plot twists and offers many room for speculations.
That's why I think it takes some of the enjoyment away if you know the manga. Especially when certain scenes don't have the same impact as they had in the original.

On the other hand I can suggest you to read the manga after the show's end. It's only 59 chapters long (we're ch51 BTW) so you can read it all in a few days.
There are also two spin-off series Mirai Nikki: Mozaik (side stories featuring Uryu Minene) and Mirai Nikki: Paradox (spin-off featuring Akise Aru as the protagonist).
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 07:30   Link #1713
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoiYuki View Post
Don't you remember way back in his intro arc that he told Yuno that he liked Yukki as more than a friend?

Plus, no one really found it odd that Tsubaki kissed Yukki to piss of Yuno, so I don't see why Akise couldn't do the same (even though I don't think that was the sole purpose).
Damn, I must have missed the kiss between Tsubaki and Yukki.... I also dont recall the scene where Akise told Yuno he cares more about Yukki than just friends. Or maybe I saw it and didnt interpret it correctly, it is kind of ambiguous how he meant it. He could have also meant it in the sense that he feels Yukki is his soulmate and he feels so connected to him, it goes beyond a simple teenie friendship.... but admitedly, that would be a little odd, since Akise and Yukki dont spend much time together. Either way, I dont remember that scene.

Sometimes, I watch my animes raw and while I understand most of the conversations, some details can slip my understanding.... and sometimes I feel distracted and I am doing something else and I am just listening to the plot rather than watching. Thats probably how I managed to miss some details.

Quote:
And he's based on Kaworu, so that's another hint at that.
Whoever that is....
Old 2012-03-22, 11:35   Link #1714
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Kaworu was the second-to-last Angel in Neon Genesis Evangelion. Who was inexplicably gay towards the emo main character.

So did people here figure out yet why Yuno had two diaries??
Old 2012-03-22, 14:30   Link #1715
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
So did people here figure out yet why Yuno had two diaries??
I think I do.

Spoiler for speculation:
Old 2012-03-22, 16:14   Link #1716
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Damn, I must have missed the kiss between Tsubaki and Yukki.... I also dont recall the scene where Akise told Yuno he cares more about Yukki than just friends. Or maybe I saw it and didnt interpret it correctly, it is kind of ambiguous how he meant it. He could have also meant it in the sense that he feels Yukki is his soulmate and he feels so connected to him, it goes beyond a simple teenie friendship.... but admitedly, that would be a little odd, since Akise and Yukki dont spend much time together. Either way, I dont remember that scene.
Here are the scenes.

Tsubaki kisses Yukki.
Akise "likes Yukki as more than a friend".

It is strange, but even when Akise was trying to prove to Deus that he had his own feelings, when he says "my love for Yukiteru", Deus said that he fabricated those feelings so Akise would pay attention to him. So basically.. he didn't come to love him naturally anyway, he was pretty much forced to.

Quote:
Whoever that is....
A few MN characters are based off of Evangelion characters. Yukki is based on Shinji, Minene is based on Misato, and Akise is based on Kaworu.
In Akise's case with Kaworu, he shares..
Spoiler for Evangelion spoilers:
KoiYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 18:03   Link #1717
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
After rewatching the Tsubaki scene, I faintly remember having seen this before. I didnt like the whole tsubaki arc, so I blame it on that. I just dont bother to remember that.

As for the Akise scene, I really dont remember him saying that.

It would seem I am really bad with details too.
Old 2012-03-22, 21:32   Link #1718
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Yuki accepted well the kiss, he didn’t even fret about...
rafael1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-23, 03:57   Link #1719
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I think its cos he had more pressing issues at hand...
Old 2012-03-23, 04:15   Link #1720
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I think its cos he had more pressing issues at hand...
"Pressing" his face against Akise's, amirite?

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere