AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-09, 07:08   Link #1721
amtro
Distro

The ones that were sent after him before they arrived at the Yotsuba estate.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 07:49   Link #1722
Iramohs

Quote:
The ones that were sent after him before they arrived at the Yotsuba estate.
Weren't those actually another candidate's guardians though? I don't think they were trying to kill them.
Iramohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 07:55   Link #1723
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iramohs View Post
Weren't those actually another candidate's guardians though? I don't think they were trying to kill them.
They were meant to stop them from reaching, or delay them as much as possible.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 08:03   Link #1724
Jirachier

So there were only two fights in the entire volume ?
That's disappointing.
Old 2015-05-09, 08:05   Link #1725
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Speaking of the new girl, what is her ability. MI or the other one,
Based on spoilers, she is MI user.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Spoiler for Yuuka-nee comes after Ayako:

I'm building a ship for Yuuka-nee...
We may need more details, but she seems to be standing on the side of Tatsuya and Miyuki based on the picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I wonder whether Yuuka is a psychopath or not
Why did she submit her topic as a weapon of mass-destruction in the Thesis Competition years ago?Just for...fun?
Tatsuya may lose his fan girls at 1st high. She may be a replacement for them when his identity is revealed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
There's literally only one rump ravaged Mayumi fan posting bad reviews for the volume. All others have been five stars and more than a single paragraph.
No objection about that. A lot of Mayumi fans are going rampage. I think, they had a lot of hope after the hotel scene in vol.15.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 08:36   Link #1726
TrueAlchemist

Guys, I found this from 4chan by anon.
It seems to be a full translation of the scene. I also put the link for the original post if you are interest.
Spoiler for Bed scene in vol.16:
Old 2015-05-09, 08:40   Link #1727
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
It seems to be a full translation of the scene. I also put the link for the original post if you are interest.
well, at least that's a progress. Last time, Tatsuya still felt awkward to sleep together in one bad with Miyuki and now he is fine even suggesting it
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 08:53   Link #1728
amtro
Distro

That translation is credited to ProxyAccount and I just reposted it.
Old 2015-05-09, 08:53   Link #1729
Jiminy

Quote:
No objection about that. A lot of Mayumi fans are going rampage. I think, they had a lot of hope after the hotel scene in vol.15.
I think this was Satous plan all along, regardless of the fans opinions. Let Mayumis affection for Tatsuya grow to the point where she really begins to love him (she doesn't admit it yet though). Once Tatsuyas real identity is revealed Mayumi ends up in a serious dilemma. The one she likes belongs to a rivaling family. Affection vs Loyalty. Such a plot sounds familiar, doesn't it? As far as I can remember Romeo + Juliet didn't end well. Mahouka will be different but the dilemma is similar even though it's one sided and her chosen one is promised to someone else.

Isumis problem is similar to Mayumis. Her idol belongs to the family she is supposed to hate. Isn't it ironic that she wants to be like Miyuki, or in other words that she wants to be like a Yotsuba?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier
So there were only two fights in the entire volume ?
That's disappointing.
Yes I think so too. I hoped for more. But the author is Satou and lately he focus a lot on politics and background informations.

At least we got an interesting new character. Yuuka

Quote:
ProxyAccount posted that in Miyukis thread in this forum
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 09:00   Link #1730
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
That translation is credited to ProxyAccount and I just reposted it.
Oh really? I thought, Proxy's version only have their conversation part. Seems like, I missed it.
Old 2015-05-09, 09:43   Link #1731
erbrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
I know right? She's made out to be the most gorgeous girl in Mahouka, with only Lina being able to to rival her, yet I find several girl's that have prettier character designs than her's.

They're designs. Miyuki's beauty should be reflected in real life. They claim perfect proportions, skin, symmetry, etc. Also, just her aura or presence factors in.
erbrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 10:06   Link #1732
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post

Thanks, the more new girls appear, the more I realize how plain Miyuki looks.

That's because we've seen other characters with a similar character design to hers in other series. In real life, someone like Miyuki (long raven hair and ivory skin) is quite rare. Her entire character design is what many young men (especially Japanese) consider ideal. Miyuki is, and was designed as, a young Yamato Nadeshiko of the First Degree.

In the context of LNs, manga, and anime however, people who resemble Miyuki are all over the place. Because characters like her are considered ideal, BECAUSE people like her are so rare to find in real life...many authors are inclined to include characters like her in their fantasy universe where beautiful girls come in abundance. This saturation in the market, unfortunately, "cheapens" the character design and makes it less special.

This is why Miyuki's character design seems "common" to many readers when she is in fact not: Miyuki's not the only super gorgeous Yamato Nadeshiko around. In the context of her universe, she's a Goddess of Beauty. For us? She's just another pretty face among other black-haired pretty faces.

EDIT: Doesn't change that I ADORE her, though. Because, heh, she's MY kind of pretty face. She's also totally sweet and character design-wise she reminds me a lot of Hagoromo Gitsune (who is just pure sexy). So yeah, I KNOW why some people aren't too enthusiastic about her design, but at least know that I am one of the suckers Satou is appealing to who are completely enamored by it.

Last edited by Lucarion; 2015-05-09 at 10:20.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 10:41   Link #1733
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
At least we got an interesting new character. Yuuka
Definitely. A new ship is sailing right now.

Spoiler for Beware of Nee-san:
Old 2015-05-09, 10:52   Link #1734
amtro
Distro

Someone should get the mods to open up the polls now, so the butt battered Mayumi fans can sabotage it.
Old 2015-05-09, 10:57   Link #1735
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
That's because we've seen other characters with a similar character design to hers in other series. In real life, someone like Miyuki (long raven hair and ivory skin) is quite rare. Her entire character design is what many young men (especially Japanese) consider ideal. Miyuki is, and was designed as, a young Yamato Nadeshiko of the First Degree.

In the context of LNs, manga, and anime however, people who resemble Miyuki are all over the place. Because characters like her are considered ideal, BECAUSE people like her are so rare to find in real life...many authors are inclined to include characters like her in their fantasy universe where beautiful girls come in abundance. This saturation in the market, unfortunately, "cheapens" the character design and makes it less special.

This is why Miyuki's character design seems "common" to many readers when she is in fact not: Miyuki's not the only super gorgeous Yamato Nadeshiko around. In the context of her universe, she's a Goddess of Beauty. For us? She's just another pretty face among other black-haired pretty faces.

EDIT: Doesn't change that I ADORE her, though. Because, heh, she's MY kind of pretty face. She's also totally sweet and character design-wise she reminds me a lot of Hagoromo Gitsune (who is just pure sexy). So yeah, I KNOW why some people aren't too enthusiastic about her design, but at least know that I am one of the suckers Satou is appealing to who are completely enamored by it.
Totally. She presses my buttons, too.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 10:59   Link #1736
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Maybe, in the eyes of the Japanese. Miyuki's design is what they consider indescribable beauty.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder after all.

Also, there is nothing wrong with Miyuki's character design. She looks pretty, and as much as you guys dislike it, in the Mahouka Universe, she is one of the most beautiful girls in the series.

That is all there is to it.
Which is complete bull imho but hey whatever. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that. As for me I started loudly protesting that fact because I gotten sick of the Author always shoving her 'indescribeable beauty' to his readers at every volume

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 11:18   Link #1737
Jiminy

Something else: I think Yuukas proposal didn't come out of nowhere. 2 years before Tatsuya entered high school thats the year after the Okinawa incident, isn't it? Since she's a Yotsuba she definitively got some information about the what happened there for example about the first time usage of Material Burst. She might no nothing about the magic itself but I think she knows about the result of its application.
Hence my question do you think she got inspired by Tatsuya? The proposal could be her trying to understand what happened.

@CatRules: Where can I sign?
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 11:22   Link #1738
expertsource

man, i really want to know the speech of duel and the progress of duel
expertsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 11:26   Link #1739
IndexOfIdeas

Quote:

i so fcking like what u did there

Mahouka, Overlord, Arifureta, Ark, LMS, SHieldBro

PM me if u can recommend me to some good light novel that are already fan translated thank u
IndexOfIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 11:29   Link #1740
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:

Hmmm I started to like her but Ayako still a goddess, she's like younger version of Maya (and yeah Maya is the best MILF ever)

Spoiler for Damn maya:
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy