AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2016-06-01, 06:39   Link #17801
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Even if you don't like Akitsumaru for her stats, you can just use her as a Daihatsu mule on Expeditions that allow her in, like Expedition 21.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 07:53   Link #17802
dylan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
EDIT: Oh, new UI changes. Now in the equipment screen you can switch between equipment in stock and equipment on other kanmusu to directly use equipment that are currently on other kanmusu without going to that kanmusu first to unequip her:

You can even use equipment from ships that are currently repairing with this.
dylan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 09:11   Link #17803
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Even if you don't like Akitsumaru for her stats, you can just use her as a Daihatsu mule on Expeditions that allow her in, like Expedition 21.
Why use her for as a Daihatsu mule? She is pretty costly to maintain.

Its best to level up Akitsumaru as stated by KanbeKotori. I got a feeling you are quite new to the game, so I don't think you got Akitsushima yet, but if you have her, do level her up as well (But after leveling Akitsumaru to a good level, her kai is level 35 if I recall.) as you will never know when you will need her for branching in events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan05 View Post
You can even use equipment from ships that are currently repairing with this.
This is good news as I do not need to strip the equipment from the ship that needs to get repaired (I sometimes forgot to do that, and I end up using a bad substitute equipment.)
Old 2016-06-01, 10:18   Link #17804
Yuu Alseif
(・θ・)

Am I the only one who gets reaaaaally excited to see the new furniture everytime there's an update?
Also, the new CGs are so cool~
Yuu Alseif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 11:32   Link #17805
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

I got the really expensive floor furniture. I had spare furniture fairies so it cost only 6000 coins.

Well, back to training Iowa.
Old 2016-06-01, 12:25   Link #17806
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
11 torpedo, 12 bombing, 3 anti-air, 2 anti-sub, 4 LOS
Thanks. Those stats are quite nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post

Its best to level up Akitsumaru as stated by KanbeKotori. I got a feeling you are quite new to the game, so I don't think you got Akitsushima yet, but if you have her, do level her up as well (But after leveling Akitsumaru to a good level, her kai is level 35 if I recall.) as you will never know when you will need her for branching in events.
Well since now we have "hard" installations and since Akitsumaru is an AMPHIBIOUS assault ship, I'm hoping more of her type of ships will be released and that these ships now have some bonus against those "hard" installation enemies. I mean it make sense since she's amphibious.........

Her Kai is 25.
Old 2016-06-01, 12:28   Link #17807
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
She's served me well in that role so far in my resource runs. My only real problem when it comes to resources is that... well, I don't really play the game often outside of pre-event and event periods.

Quote:
I got a feeling you are quite new to the game, so I don't think you got Akitsushima yet, but if you have her, do level her up as well (But after leveling Akitsumaru to a good level, her kai is level 35 if I recall.) as you will never know when you will need her for branching in events.
I actually got Akitsushima way back in the Spring 2015 Event, and so far I haven't really needed to use her for routing, even in the previous events where having her meant ideal routing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2016-06-01, 12:38   Link #17808
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Well since now we have "hard" installations and since Akitsumaru is an AMPHIBIOUS assault ship, I'm hoping more of her type of ships will be released and that these ships now have some bonus against those "hard" installation enemies. I mean it make sense since she's amphibious.........
Her being an amphibious assault ship doesn't mean that she's amphibious... It means that she's geared towards supporting amphibious operations, meaning she can carry landing crafts, possesses support facilities for those kind of operations and has limited aircraft carrying capacity.
Old 2016-06-01, 14:33   Link #17809
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

So, after reading the patch notes, looks like Akashi now drops in 1-5 for admirals that don't have her. Which is great since I don't feel too confident on losing my sanity on tackling onto 2-5 yet.... though I have to do it to try get Taigei.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 16:24   Link #17810
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Question to our Linux users here:
Whch program do you guys use for Kancolle? KCV is obviously not an option considering how its tied to IE.

Bit of a backstory to the question: my notebook only had vista and thus couldn't run several things KCV needed result in a catbomb right after the loading screen.

Edit: Also is it true Iowa gets overweight penalty from her own guns?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-06-01 at 19:19.
AC-Phoenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-01, 22:38   Link #17811
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Her being an amphibious assault ship doesn't mean that she's amphibious... It means that she's geared towards supporting amphibious operations, meaning she can carry landing crafts, possesses support facilities for those kind of operations and has limited aircraft carrying capacity.
Right. I just went bonkers last night.

Still, the Daihatsu she carries doesn't help much..........seeing how we have the T89 and Ka-Mi.
Old 2016-06-02, 03:24   Link #17812
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Question to our Linux users here:
Whch program do you guys use for Kancolle? KCV is obviously not an option considering how its tied to IE.

Bit of a backstory to the question: my notebook only had vista and thus couldn't run several things KCV needed result in a catbomb right after the loading screen.
Not a Linux user here, but you could consider KC3 Kai if you're using Chrome.

Quote:
Edit: Also is it true Iowa gets overweight penalty from her own guns?
According to this tweet (complete with links to the test results), yes. Perhaps not surprisingly, Iowa's fit guns, according to this report, are the same as the other fast battleships: the 35.6cm, the 38cm and their variants.

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 03:27   Link #17813
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
According to this tweet (complete with links to the test results), yes. Perhaps not surprisingly, Iowa's fit guns, according to this report, are the same as the other fast battleships: the 35.6cm, the 38cm and their variants.
Hoping they patch out that one, as it's weird that Iowa has a fit penalty for her own guns.

Old 2016-06-02, 04:17   Link #17814
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Hoping they patch out that one, as it's weird that Iowa has a fit penalty for her own guns.
Most likely this is an attempt at game balancing, setting the 16 inch in the same "fit class" as the 41 cm.

Someone at the Bahamut forums suggested that the real Iowas did have problems with their 16 inches, as their width, restricted by the need to pass through the Panama Canal, was not enough to support the guns' recoil. Whether this is true or not, I don't know, and another person on the same forum had replied that Iowa's old boys had talked about how accurate she was with those guns. In any case, this isn't the first time a kanmusu has come in with guns that don't 100% agree with her. We already have YamaMusa and their 46 cms

Signature by liro
Old 2016-06-02, 06:33   Link #17815
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe the need an upgrade with radar fire control for the Mark 7 turrets. Overcome both the fit penalty and a healthy increase in accuracy. But I seem to recall that during the war, or just after it, those guns had I think a 33% chance to hit, but with a full broadside, that usually meant that three out of nine guns would hit each time.
Old 2016-06-02, 07:37   Link #17816
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Not a Linux user here, but you could consider KC3 Kai if you're using Chrome.

Firefox on my Laptiop Windows on my desktop as long as I can get around not using Spywaredos Windows 10.

Quote:
Most likely this is an attempt at game balancing, setting the 16 inch in the same "fit class" as the 41 cm.

Someone at the Bahamut forums suggested that the real Iowas did have problems with their 16 inches, as their width, restricted by the need to pass through the Panama Canal, was not enough to support the guns' recoil. Whether this is true or not, I don't know, and another person on the same forum had replied that Iowa's old boys had talked about how accurate she was with those guns. In any case, this isn't the first time a kanmusu has come in with guns that don't 100% agree with her. We already have YamaMusa and their 46 cms
There were similar problems with the 181/50s that were later patched, according to some wiki users.
Making it a non fit gun for Iowa is actually horrible though - it basically means that Iowa is worse with her own guns than the Nagatos and the Hotels.

As for the Hotels guns, yeah they get no bonus but also no penalty.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-06-02, 07:41   Link #17817
Nemesis

Quote:

Got a link?
Old 2016-06-02, 10:02   Link #17818
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
As for the Hotels guns, yeah they get no bonus but also no penalty.
Oops, I keep having that idea about the 46cm guns being over-weight for everyone. Don't know why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Got a link?
Here you go.

Signature by liro
Old 2016-06-02, 14:16   Link #17819
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Huh, so those of us that frontlined before the first emergency maintenance get a special Type 1 attack bomber in addition to furniture:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Betties incoming!!!

It's a real shame that there's not a single intact Betty left. Let alone an airworthy Betty.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-02, 14:50   Link #17820
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Betties incoming!!!

It's a real shame that there's not a single intact Betty left. Let alone an airworthy Betty.
they already landed during the event

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls