AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 22 20.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 17.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-10, 19:56   Link #161
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Oh for sure. I was ready to bail if Slaine was the lead character.
That's pretty well my stance. If Slaine was the guy running this show I'd run for the hills instantly .

I wouldn't have guessed though all those speculations about where he was shot and how it could be non-lethal would actually pay off here .
Old 2015-01-10, 20:02   Link #162
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The only one of Vers who truly cared about peace was Asseylum and Asseylum alone. No matter how many order she gave, if she never got to the root of the problem, which lies with her own family and the way her own government is structured, it ends up being nothing but a band-aid over the real problem. Eventually even her orders wouldn't be enough. There would be more Saazbaums and Trillrams that would eventually attack again, to get rid of her and start a war. And her own grandfather, who can overturn anything she does, has no problem being manipulated into war.
He was manipulated into war because his grand daughter was killed. Let's not pretend he was convinced by anything else. If she succeeded in getting a peace treaty with favorable terms, that would have done much to alleviate the problems on Mars. Consider the EU today. Do you think that was the result of one group of people who wanted war to completely dominate another group? No, it was the result of choosing peace after two disastrous wars. It's not like the French suddenly decided they were alright with the Germans.
Old 2015-01-10, 20:05   Link #163
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

^Right now the Martians are just destroying the planet they want to inhabit. It's not a winning situation for either side.
Old 2015-01-10, 20:11   Link #164
Zoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
^Right now the Martians are just destroying the planet they want to inhabit. It's not a winning situation for either side.
Oh, we're arguing whether if Asseylum's goal for peace ever had a chance. I'm of the opinion that it did, as improved economies on both sides lead to happy campers.
Old 2015-01-10, 20:19   Link #165
leelee85

Quote:
Yeah, it's too long. That's why I started laughing when I saw her in a tube similar to the one in Fafner. They're just keeping her alive as insurance (hostage). They'll wake her back up when they need to. She looks too good to be in bad shape. Slaine's got her in a chemically induced coma as a restraint to keep her out of their way.

I'm just wondering what's preventing Saazbaum from going into the room and flipping the switch.
I guess that's why He's working for Saazbuam so he can Kill His murderous ASS for attempting to Murder Asseylum before releasing her
Old 2015-01-10, 20:27   Link #166
GDB

So...

Slaine's gone nutters
The Princess is in a coma/cryogenic hybernation
and Inaho is a cyborg with Aldnoah.Drive activating abilities

Sure, why not.
Old 2015-01-10, 20:44   Link #167
com_gwp

I'm disgusted, yet completely engaged. Truly, this is a show that I simultaneously hate and love. It was impossible for anyone to not somewhat realise this massive asspull was coming as we drew closer to the start of the second cour, but I had hoped against hope the writing wouldn't lose all credibility like this.

But of course, Aldnoah couldn't resist. Inaho is back from surviving a headshot. For Hime, death has become a joke at this point. Watching everything from the last episode get completely invalidated through this string of absurd coincidences was as close to a literal slap in the face as an anime could have gotten to, yet I'm still seeing the show's impeccable execution of a "blockbuster" and excelling at pure fun factor.

So very well then. I'm not going to give up my popcorn entertainment, but since the director and writers have deliberately put the bar even lower than it already was, then there's no point in taking it any more seriously than they are.
Old 2015-01-10, 21:03   Link #168
Utsuro no Hako

Please, can we have Urobuchi back for a couple episodes? I just want him to kill off half the cast, is that too much to ask?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
And her own grandfather, who can overturn anything she does, has no problem being manipulated into war.
That's assuming the Emperor actually declared war on Earth. Back when it happened I thought it was probably a holographic fake, and the existence of Falseylum shows that the war-hawks are more than willing to do pull that trick.
Old 2015-01-10, 21:15   Link #169
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

You know when you enlarge the shot of Asseylum's monitor (21:40), you get to see her vital signs.

BP 127/76
heart rate 91
oxygen saturation : 100%
central venous pressure: 32 (elevated).

Maybe she's fighting her vent.
Old 2015-01-10, 21:23   Link #170
leelee85

Quote:
You know when you enlarge the shot of Asseylum's monitor (21:40), you get to see her vital signs.

BP 127/76
heart rate 91
oxygen saturation : 100%
central venous pressure: 32 (elevated).

Maybe she's fighting her vent.
for those who want slaine dead that's my friens is a good sign but show the picture so you will have a damn good point
Old 2015-01-10, 21:26   Link #171
endarion88

if at the end of this season the one who get the happy end is slaine i will fu*king delete this serie from my HDD and pretend it never existed...will still keep the music cos too awesome to discard though
Old 2015-01-10, 21:29   Link #172
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Spoiler for space saver:

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2015-01-10 at 22:16.
Old 2015-01-10, 21:33   Link #173
endarion88

^ didnt they had to remove the bulled from his orbit? i wont call that a miss..
Old 2015-01-10, 21:37   Link #174
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Slaine didn't say he killed Inaho.

He said he took care of the terran to Saazbaum.

Who knows. Maybe Slaine was banking on someone to show up to save Inaho which is probably why he didn't kill Yuki and Inko when they showed up.

I think Inaho's eye enhancement made him even more of an accurate shot to add to his sharp mind.

It's a dangerous combination.
Old 2015-01-10, 21:40   Link #175
HtwoN

All hail Slaine.

He not only couldn't kill Inaho, but also gave him an enhanced combat ability with a mechanical eye.
Old 2015-01-10, 21:41   Link #176
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

^ It's would be a shame if Inaho doesn't do the whole Jeremiah psychotic yelling of ZEERRRRRRROOO.

Make it happen, A-1.
Old 2015-01-10, 21:45   Link #177
leelee85

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
All hail Slaine.

He not only couldn't kill Inaho, but also gave him an enhanced combat ability with a mechanical eye.
seriously is Slaine trying to get Saazbuam Killed by Inaho before He (Slaine) can kill him himself?
Old 2015-01-10, 21:48   Link #178
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

How in the world did that side-kick girl of Asseylum's end up by the 2nd Princess's side? In the last episode, she was fighting with Terrans, so wouldn't the Martians regard her as a traitor? Also, does she know that Asseylum is still alive?

I keep getting this feeling that, despite what it looks like, Slaine is in the driver's seat and is truly pulling the strings with Saazbaum as his mask. He no longer shows any feelings of servitude, fear or inferiority in how he presents himself towards Saazbaum and other Martians, despite his "humble" words. Also, since he is able to use Tharsis, the Martians now know he has Aldnoah drive ability.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2015-01-10, 21:54   Link #179
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
I keep getting this feeling that, despite what it looks like, Slaine is in the driver's seat and is truly pulling the strings with Saazbaum as his mask. He no longer shows any feelings of servitude, fear or inferiority in how he presents himself towards Saazbaum and other Martians, despite his "humble" words. Also, since he is able to use Tharsis, the Martians now know he has Aldnoah drive ability.
I think you're right.

Saazbaum and Harklight where waiting for him like a couple of minions.

(Off topic: After seeing your avatar, I need to watch dat new Yona)
Old 2015-01-10, 21:55   Link #180
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
How in the world did that side-kick girl of Asseylum's end up by the 2nd Princess's side? In the last episode, she was fighting with Terrans, so wouldn't the Martians regard her as a traitor? Also, does she know that Asseylum is still alive?
She seems like the type they grow in a lab. I'm sure they have plenty of them.
Closed Thread