AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-08-25, 10:16   Link #161
Spica

So He is from one of those VR novels where MC spends days and months inside the game without losing much time in reality?

Last edited by Spica; 2017-08-25 at 10:49.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 10:41   Link #162
sasuke706

^No, he just thinks that the VR implant broke and time is accelerating much faster than real time (which is normally supposed to be 3x or something).
In actuality 100 years has passed and it's all real, he's just an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Probably the undead king was just one of his pawns.
Maybe he just did a simulated war to see how they would react. Kinda like Ainz with lizards.
But why would he help the empire slay his own minion?
I mean it sounds somewhat plausible, like if he jumped the gun on his invasion he just had a minion take the fall or something to create an opportunity to stall for time.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 11:08   Link #163
Breimn

Maybe he did not have enought strenght to fight against dragon kings/players at the time?
Or maybe another reason.
Even now he seems to not be trying to turn everyone into undeads. Maybe he wants to keep humans and turn only those who die into undeads as to slowly increase his troops as long term plan?If he were to kill everyone that would mean no more undeads can be made and ruling over undeads seems to be boring as only his apostles have shown to keep intelligence.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-25, 11:45   Link #164
sasuke706

I don't think he knows the dragon kings exist. This is going by his idea of 'NPCs can't kill one of his direct minions'. A dragon king obviously has the power to do so, so to make a remark like that he likely just doesn't know they exist.
On the other hand, Arianne likely wouldn't have been able to kill that ape undead on her own, but going by how much help she put in it's not exactly impossible.

Going with the assumption that the previous undead king's doing was actually his own, it would likely be closer to something like he tried to take over a country (the empire) without having the resources to do so.
The empire mentioned that they needed that religion's help to fend the undead off, so the fight couldn't have been going all that favorably. Although I suppose he could have judged that it wasn't going well and cut off the idea early.

But I don't think there's been any other players that have been alive since he came into being.
I forget when Hanzou was around, but Evangeline first showed up over 800 years ago and elves are said to only have life spans of around 400-ish years. As she clearly isn't around anymore, it couldn't be her.
Hanzou, being a ninja, likely would've passed information on about it if it was him, since ninjas kind of pride themselves on information gathering.
Players typically stand out a lot, so as there really hasn't been any hints toward others, it's probably safe to assume there hasn't been any, at least not on their side of the world (because who knows what happens in fantasy China).

Meaning that either the thing that died wasn't his undead minion, he killed it himself/faked its death, or it got killed by the "NPCs" and he just wrote it off as a lucky fluke.
Or, I suppose, a player killed it. He just made it sound like he hadn't encountered any players yet, hence why he was so bored.

The ironic part is he's correct in guessing that Arc is a player, but doesn't have the full story of it.
Arc comes from a different game, but Thanatos will likely assume that he's a player from the same game as Arc will be showing up with an army of elves and humans.
A possibly easy way to beat him would seem to be to throw that hot spring water on him or make him drink it somehow, since 100 years of pent-up emotions will likely kill him. Plus, if time catches up to his "real" body after it's been released from the skeleton curse (assuming his works the same), he might just drop dead of old age right there too.
Old 2017-08-27, 15:22   Link #165
GodTurtleOm

Arc used Splash Attack! It was highly effective!

I'm not reading the raws, just the translations, but the hot spring water does seem like an easy way to resolve this. I wonder if we were supposed to get that impression in the first place since the two concepts were introduced at the same time. I'm not sure if a splash would actually be enough, but if Arc can get into close enough range, all he needs to do is cast Gate and drop them both into the hot springs.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-27, 15:47   Link #166
Breimn

Arc can just use holy magic. When he tried it on himself he could partially turn into flesh(arm).
He just needs to bring back the enemy s brain for a little bit, not long.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 12:49   Link #167
VooXoo

So the Pope And Arc could be from 2 different games? Seems weird.
I thought of the same solution, Arc, being stupid and inexperienced is probably unable to kill the pope, the water would work if the pope is really a undead that is, I'm not 100% sure the lich in the dream is the same person(damn, I hate when the MC dreams with the 3rd eye, ruined the Gate anime start for me).
So Arc using the pure water or making the pope think he is a friendly player and make him join in taking a bath that would kill him make sense.
A few weeks of backlash KO'ed Arc for 3 days, it would make someone with a century of slaughters behind a vegetable or die from the shock, in any case it would be vulnreable.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-03, 17:12   Link #168
Spica

Arc was KO'ed for 7 days actually.

On a side note I forgot Arc taught Ponta the magic wind blade. This confirmed he could teach people his stuffs. They probably have to be compatible with what they are trying to learn though.

Last edited by Spica; 2017-09-03 at 17:54.
Old 2017-09-04, 04:55   Link #169
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
Arc was KO'ed for 7 days actually.

On a side note I forgot Arc taught Ponta the magic wind blade. This confirmed he could teach people his stuffs. They probably have to be compatible with what they are trying to learn though.
Could kinda guess that from the ninja. I have only read the first 2-3 volumes but I recall the ninja saying it was an ancestor who passed down the knowledge and Ark recognized it from his game too.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-04, 12:50   Link #170
Namorax

Well, it looked like the things Hanzo the 1st handed down were primarily the ninja-culture.

They only have his "skills" because of the spirit-crystals IIRC, so does that really count as "having passed down his (skill)knowledge"?
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 17:21   Link #171
ShifuGamer

Does Arc get a meat body? Or at least turn into a human? If so then what chapter!
ShifuGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 21:23   Link #172
Show1983
RAW manga/LN provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShifuGamer View Post
Does Arc get a meat body? Or at least turn into a human? If so then what chapter!
Keep reading
Show1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-07, 23:58   Link #173
Namorax

Yeah, that happens. Just keep reading, but don't expect too much.
Old 2017-09-08, 04:57   Link #174
ShifuGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
Yeah, that happens. Just keep reading, but don't expect too much.
Buuuuu okay i will see what happens😛
Old 2017-09-10, 18:01   Link #175
Spica

So The Executor is Michael and Fire.

Assuming his 3 remaining main skills are also paired with an Archangel and a basic element, can anyone make a good guess on which one is which? The remaining skills are The Judge, The Guardian, and The Prophet.
Old 2017-09-12, 12:41   Link #176
sasuke706

I imagine Gabriel is Water, Raphael is Wind, and Uriel is Earth as represented in Ceremonial Magic.
Gabriel being the Prophet as he's the messenger, Raphael being the Guardian as he watches over travelers and whatnot, with Uriel being the Judge by process of elimination and doing judge stuff one time.

Source: 5 seconds on the Jap Wikipedia.
Old 2017-09-12, 12:58   Link #177
Namorax

Those "names" were a pain to translate... Dx
Old 2017-09-20, 19:52   Link #178
ShifuGamer

Is that dragon lady in the illustration 7th volume part of the harem?
Old 2017-10-07, 10:23   Link #179
VooXoo

The translator is taking a long time with the new chapter, I guess he is busy in RL, hope he gets free soon, I want to see the kingdom react to MC.
Old 2017-10-07, 11:28   Link #180
VooXoo

Well seems like he got free 5 minutes after my post, 2 TL chapters are out.

Tags
clumsy protagonist, cursed protagonist, not harem, skeleton paladin