^It does not appear to be Lava.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:26   Link #162
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Danzou seems incapable of doing something on his own. Just reading "5 kages vs. ..." lets me know that Danzou will have superior backup when fighting Sasuke.
Danzou would've been a wuss if he didn't have the Sharingan. Even though he has that much, I still see him as much more of a schemer more than anything else. Clearly, he's not confident enough to face someone other Kages are unafraid of, which leads me to believe he cares more about his hive than for playing friends with everyone else. His actions in this chapter have further enhanced everyone's mistrust toward him. He could've used Sasuke as a way to regain their trust to some extent.

Quote:
Mikzukage using yoton, that's quite something. We finally get so see the melting hot element yoton. It's clear that Sasuke's simple jutsu can't offend it, mit might (I say it might) be as strong as Amaterasu, since both are very very hot, but in my opinion, yoton should be stronger than even the strongest and most concentrated katon jutsu (yet I don't quite know if Amaterasu actually is katon infused with Uchiha chakra since they have a katon affinity or something totally else that has the shape of katon).
Well, Amaterasu is said to be a flame that burns for seven days and seven nights, and nothing can stop the flames. Molten lava doesn't last that long as it becomes rock after a couple of days. I do believe the black flames to be stronger, especially when its name is associated with a goddess.

Quote:
I wonder when Sasuke's eyes will be exhaused. He's no EMS user, he just got MS (even if it's a powerful one). His eyes should eventually exceed their limit as Sasuke has already used them a lot.

Also, I wonder if Kisame was talking about the dark presence when he said that it was dangerous to use MS too much.
All I know is Itachi's limits, but since Itachi was ill, Sasuke could be a totally different matter as he is healthy and has Gai sensei's praised power of youth.
Sasuke is already showing the first signs of blindness, so his overuse of the MS is already exceeding the limits. Despite his youth, the MS is taking its toll on him.

Quote:
I was surprised that the stability of the room was even considered a matter since Gaara could protect Sunagakure of atomic explosions and use quite a mass of sand. Lifting the ceiling of a room shouldn't be a problem for Gaara.
Do consider that Gaara doesn't have a Bijuu anymore, whereas he did have it when he fought Deidara and protected the entire village from a nuclear explosion. During that fight, there were clear signs Gaara was using the Bijuu's chakra. He no longer has access to that chakra and ergo, his total chakra level should have gone down considerably as a result.

Quote:
Are you confused just as I am? I think Raikage got his arm back and I think his medics are actually skilled in battle and have scouting abilities. Just what is Kumo? They seem so strong, Konoha shouldn't have mattered for them in the last few years. They could just have taken anything they wanted. Maybe that's the reason why Konoha even sacrificed a noble member of the Hyuuga (even if it was the branch family).
I don't know about that, I couldn't clearly see his other arm during this chapter.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:28   Link #163
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well as much as I would love to see Sasuke go at it with the chick, I don't see Sasuke going at it for any prolonged period of time and more so not seeing any kinda big battle.
Unless he has another ace up his sleeve

Pretty sure this would be a good time for old Toby to jump in or that guy that was killed earlier to come back to life...or wake up.
Old 2009-09-25, 13:31   Link #164
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus_lee View Post
The question we must all ask is:

Why the hell did they use up 6 frames just to draw Karin falling over going 'Eek!' and 'Oof!'?

Team Taka is just fail. Sasuke doesn't need them; at this state, he can just rush in and decimate anyone he wants.
Sasuke's team has a very important role: Kishi is using them to show how is Sasuke becoming an evil guy. They have saved Sasuke's life multiple times, but what we see now is that Sasuke just abandons Juugo and Suigetsu and runs after his own goals. The only reason he didn't abandon Karin on the scene was that she is useful for him, Sasuke is slowly becoming a lonely guy. I think it might be that Karin will be used this way too in the next chapter, and sooner or later her attraction to Sasuke might turn into hatred (i doubt that only because Kishi doesn't want to change fangirls into independent ninja). While Naruto has more and more friends and followers, for Sasuke it's the opposite. In the end the only one who will care about Sasuke's fate will be Naruto, and that's only because Naruto said to Itachi that he will not kill Sasuke ( if a shonen hero promises something to a dying person he will do it ).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:35   Link #165
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

You know , thoses days , the anime follows the same typical step .
Here the shounen .
More Power and unlimited energy !
More Evil .
More Fight with unexpected trump card power released nowhere or you using your will can change the fight .
More Fan Service specially BOOBS ! lulz

So Kishi will keep on like that because it works well .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:45   Link #166
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Sasuke's team has a very important role: Kishi is using them to show how is Sasuke becoming an evil guy. They have saved Sasuke's life multiple times, but what we see now is that Sasuke just abandons Juugo and Suigetsu and runs after his own goals. The only reason he didn't abandon Karin on the scene was that she is useful for him, Sasuke is slowly becoming a lonely guy. I think it might be that Karin will be used this way too in the next chapter, and sooner or later her attraction to Sasuke might turn into hatred (i doubt that only because Kishi doesn't want to change fangirls into independent ninja). While Naruto has more and more friends and followers, for Sasuke it's the opposite. In the end the only one who will care about Sasuke's fate will be Naruto, and that's only because Naruto said to Itachi that he will not kill Sasuke ( if a shonen hero promises something to a dying person he will do it ).
That's true, Sasuke is certainly becoming darker and darker on his own as this battle is progressing. Somehow, it's reminding me of Revenge of the Sith, when Anakin was busting in to kill those aliens on the lava world (and look! There's a lady who uses lava moves!) and was slipping further and further to the dark side. Sasuke is becoming much the same in this case as he gets closer to his final objective. Even Karin is starting to see that Sasuke is becoming completely different from the Sasuke she was so infatuated with, but like you said, I doubt she's going to leave him, but it won't be because she wants to stay with him. I believe Sasuke will force her to stay with him.
Old 2009-09-25, 13:50   Link #167
kakakka

Quote:
I think it might be that Karin will be used this way too in the next chapter, and sooner or later her attraction to Sasuke might turn into hatred
Or she gets killed aiding Sasuke...
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 13:56   Link #168
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I like the way Saskue is developing more and more into a power hungry hating monster..I like the way he is exhausting all of his resources like Madara did back in his day [Friends ect].
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:04   Link #169
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well as much as I would love to see Sasuke go at it with the chick, I don't see Sasuke going at it for any prolonged period of time and more so not seeing any kinda big battle.
Unless he has another ace up his sleeve

Pretty sure this would be a good time for old Toby to jump in or that guy that was killed earlier to come back to life...or wake up.
I do not think Tobi will help. He will let Sasuke fight untill the very end.

My guess is sasuke inflicts some heavy damage to all Hokages ( i do not think he will kill any one, if so maybe 1 ), then fall. Then Tobi will apear and take him away with his teleportation Jutsu.

Sasuke disapointed and frustrated from his lack of power and unable to exact his revenge seeks more power. And here is Where Tobi gives him power ( Orichi sub much?).

Well these are my speculations.

Tobi is aiming for something bigger and diffrenet. I think He could single handedly defeat all the hokages there easily. His goals are somewhere else. It is obviously related to sasuke.

Even Itachi said that Madara is way above them.

Quote:
Sasuke's team has a very important role: Kishi is using them to show how is Sasuke becoming an evil guy. They have saved Sasuke's life multiple times, but what we see now is that Sasuke just abandons Juugo and Suigetsu and runs after his own goals. The only reason he didn't abandon Karin on the scene was that she is useful for him, Sasuke is slowly becoming a lonely guy.
Sasuke has done his part as well . He tried protect them too when they were fighting killer bee.

But i do agree with you. It does show that Sasuke will use any means possibe to get his revenge.

At the same time i think another reason they are added is to show that Sasuke has not completly fallen in the dark yet ( but is going toward that very fast).

He used to be much nicer even when he formed the group.

Or another way to look at it, could be that , " I trust in them. They will be fine" .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko Takeo View Post
Danzou would've been a wuss if he didn't have the Sharingan. Even though he has that much, I still see him as much more of a schemer more than anything else. Clearly, he's not confident enough to face someone other Kages are unafraid of, which leads me to believe he cares more about his hive than for playing friends with everyone else. His actions in this chapter have further enhanced everyone's mistrust toward him. He could've used Sasuke as a way to regain their trust to some extent.
Or maybe because of Sharingn he can sense the power diffrence. He has a sharingan himself. It wouldnt be too farfetch to believe that he can sense powers or realize how dangerous sharingan can be.

Maybe other Kage's ego doesnt let them see the power diffrence.

Quote:
Sasuke is already showing the first signs of blindness, so his overuse of the MS is already exceeding the limits. Despite his youth, the MS is taking its toll on him.
Yes maybe. But he is not using MS. His eyes are diffrent than MS. Every one ( kages) are calling it MS, well because they probably do not know what they call it. They probably havent ever seen a real MS. So this proves my above point even more . They do not know what they are dealing with.

Also MS could defeat kakashi ( Almost kage level) with just one look. and this eye is probably much stronger.

Quote:
Do consider that Gaara doesn't have a Bijuu anymore, whereas he did have it when he fought Deidara and protected the entire village from a nuclear explosion. During that fight, there were clear signs Gaara was using the Bijuu's chakra. He no longer has access to that chakra and ergo, his total chakra level should have gone down considerably as a result.
Gaara did not use Bijuu powers. At least what i believe it was stated.

Remeber when His brother and that other dude in sand were talking? The other dude said we should evacuate before Bijuu come out and his brother said that it will be fine and Gaara will not use those powers.

He used his own powers untill the very end. One could argue Bijuu was some sort of burden on him more than strength. He probably had to use his own chakra and power to not let it come out while fighting Deidara. I think the current Gaara is much stronger than the one fighting with Deidara.

P.S. I love to see Tobi in action to be honest . But i do not see that happening.
Old 2009-09-25, 14:16   Link #170
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Or maybe because of Sharingn he can sense the power diffrence. He has a sharingan himself. It wouldnt be too farfetch to believe that he can sense powers or realize how dangerous sharingan can be.

Maybe other Kage's ego doesnt let them see the power diffrence.
Sharingan has never actually shown the ability to determine other people's powers. That kind of thing should be obvious to anyone. An MS sharingan is far stronger than its normal counterpart. Raikage, who doesn't have the Sharingan, was handling his own against Sasuke who was using the MS, and while he didn't look like he was going to win, he made Sasuke use the best of his abilities and forced him to use large amounts of chakra. Now, he has to face another Kage after getting exhausted by one other. Danzou, being a Kage, should be at least at the same level as the others. Despite that, he wants to save his own hide rather than help the other Kages and regain at least some of the trust he lost during the meeting.

Quote:
Yes maybe. But he is not using MS. His eyes are diffrent than MS. Every one ( kages) are calling it MS, well because they probably do not know what they call it. They probably havent ever seen a real MS. So this proves my above point even more . They do not know what they are dealing with.

Also MS could defeat kakashi ( Almost kage level) with just one look. and this eye is probably much stronger.
On what grounds do you claim that Sasuke is not using the MS? All the abilities Sasuke has used up until now are exactly the same as the MS abilities Itachi has used. Additionally, we know for fact that every Uchiha's MS eye has a different shape from each other. Yet it is clear that while their shapes are different, their abilities are the same. Considering Sasuke is using the same exact abilities as Itachi, it follows that he is definitely using the MS.

And no, the others HAVE seen the MS before because Shii and other people of the Rock have referred to Itachi's abilities and used him to determine Sasuke's own skills.

Quote:
Gaara did not use Bijuu powers. At least what i believe it was stated.
It wasn't stated, but if you look back to those chapters, you will clearly see the sand take the shape of the Bijuu's limbs. That's a very strong indication that he was using the Bijuu's chakra during the battle.
Old 2009-09-25, 14:19   Link #171
SeanQ

I wonder...what's the problem is really...?
Sasuke has nothing to do with 3 of the 5 villages...yet...they're trying to kill him...imo since every village are scheming against one another...why not just let Sasuke have Danzou...this would leave one village kageless...and open =)
________
MARY JANE

Last edited by SeanQ; 2011-04-24 at 14:11.
SeanQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:34   Link #172
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Or she gets killed aiding Sasuke...
That would be nice, but after this fight i have lost hope that anyone ever dies. A kage level fight between a lot of people and nobody died (apart from some fodder samurais who look like stormtroopers). Kishi simply does not want kill off people, and if someone is young and not on the evil side it's 100% he won't die. Karin is young and she's not clearly on the evil side so she has a very good chance to survive whatever happens. So the old people are more likely to die, i wonder if the rock village kage or the raikage will be killed, mizukage and Gaara will not be killed since they're young. Ao is also good material to be killed, not young and will end up between Danzou and Sasuke. Kishi must kill off at least one named person or one kage if he wants to show an evil and strong Sasuke, otherwise this whole battle would look like some kind of training.

On the other hand we have some fun moments seeing mizukage in action. Now i can understand that she has serious trouble with men, she scares away everyone with her bad nature. Even Tsunade and Sakura look like kind and cute girl that would be perfect old-style wives when compared to mizukage

Quote:
Even Itachi said that Madara is way above them.
Actually Itachi said the opposite. And all the evidence tells that Madara does not have his former power right now. He never attacked anyone, his plans were also crashed by Naruto, without Pain he can't capture naruto and he can't use the sealing statue. He always just talks but never fights.

Quote:
Sasuke has done his part as well . He tried protect them too when they were fighting killer bee.
He has changed, or it's better to say he is changing chapter by chapter, and Karin is the narrator of this change.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2009-09-25 at 14:47.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:35   Link #173
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Sasuke's associated with the Akatsuki, an organization which has actively attacked all the major ninja villages and thus their countries for the sake of collecting Pokem......err, Bijuu. Konoha is against them because they're after Naruto, and Sasuke because he's a traitor. The Cloud is against them for obvious reasons. The mist is against Sasuke for his association with the Akatsuki, and Mizukage probably wants to clear her country's name and avenge the fourth mizukage after being toyed by Madara. The sand probably wants to stop Sasuke from causing any further damage and stop him from getting himself killed for being an international criminal. The Rock doesn't seem to care much for Sasuke. But when four out of five villages are against him, I'd say that's enough to label him as an international criminal.

Quote:
That would be nice, but after this fight i have lost hope that anyone ever dies. A kage level fight between a lot of people and nobody died (apart from some fodder samurais who look like stormtroopers). Kishi simply does not want kill off people, and if someone is young and not on the evil side it's 100% he won't die. Karin is young and she's not clearly on the evil side so she has a very good chance to survive whatever happens. So the old people are more likely to die, i wonder if the rock village kage or the raikage will be killed, mizukage and Gaara will not be killed since they're young. Ao is also good material to be killed, not young and will end up between Danzou and Sasuke. Kishi must kill off at least one named person or one kage if he wants to show an evil and strong Sasuke, otherwise this whole battle would look like some kind of training.

I think Kishi took tips from Kubo and decided to do what he's doing and not have anyone die
Old 2009-09-25, 14:47   Link #174
SeanQ

Hmm, rather than swinging his sword at the pillars...wouldn't it have been smarter to destroy the place Danzou was in with the sword...would probably have killed everyone in there...
________
Lovely Wendie99

Old 2009-09-25, 14:48   Link #175
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Well, he needed to get away from Raikage, Gaara and the others. They were right in front of him whereas Danzou wasn't. I'd prioritize on Gaara and Raikage too.
Old 2009-09-25, 14:50   Link #176
kakakka

Quote:
That would be nice, but after this fight i have lost hope that anyone ever dies.
I guess. I'm hoping that would happen, to emphasize(?) how Sasuke progressed (or became dark). But I guess "too much" emphasis isn't really a thing for Weekly Jump mangas.

Quote:
Kishi must kill off at least one named person or one kage if he wants to show an evil and strong Sasuke, otherwise this whole battle would look like some kind of training.
More like a First-day-of-school Orientation
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 14:56   Link #177
Alchemist007
*Author

I find using Susanoo to simply destroy pillars a waste.
Old 2009-09-25, 14:58   Link #178
SeanQ

I like how the Mizukage's bodyguard just sits and admires her, while Sasuke's threating...
________
SC2 REPLAYS.COM

Old 2009-09-25, 15:01   Link #179
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Can Sasuke really handle the 5 kages.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-25, 15:04   Link #180
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

5/10

Why? Where to begin... First off, Juugo pulling a Cell made me facepalm... Seriously... I know Kishimoto likes DBZ, but come ON now... It was just stupid.

Next, Sasuke. Sasuke, Sasuke, Saskue... I am getting tired of Sasuke. Is Naruto even the main fucking character anymore? Since Sasuke started gathering his team, Naruto has done absolutely NOTHING except his fight with Pain while Sasuke is now on his FIFTH damn fight. It doesn't help that Sasuke has as much personality as a mannequin.... an emo mannequin... which turns this venture of All Sasuke All the Time into the bland kingdom... Gah... I haven't started to dislike Sasuke till he started to show up all the damn time and steal the spotlight from every other character in the damn series. Screw developing every other actually interesting character in the vast cast... Bastards...

Finally, we come to Danzou just up and leaving... not that he probably couldn't just beat the piss out of Sasuke right now with him Mass Spamming MS and is a bloodied mess after fighting the Raikage and Gaara.

This chapter was just bland. Hopefully after this skirmish with the Mizukage Sasuke goes away to heal for a time being so I don't have to deal with him for a couple chapters of hogging and hamming up the spotlight... That may be asking for too much though...
/rant

Tags
weekly chapter discussion