AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-11-03, 18:47   Link #18321
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
@Satashi: I'm known for my evil cliffhangers in some circles, but I've never broken a chapter off in mid-sentence before!
It would be awful if Satashi pulled a Kafka on us... *monitors Satashi's health*

Quote:
@Allquall & Shiny: Aaaargh! You're making me flash back to the stuff I wrote for creative-writing exercises in my senior-year-of-high-school English class!
kukukukuku >:3

Page claim for: Satashi living long enough to finish AlternativeS! <_< >_>
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 18:56   Link #18322
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
@Shiny...

uh...

That wasn't that good, IMO. Interesting, but just so... Not you.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 18:58   Link #18323
TheShinySword
*Author

D: You didn't see the beauty the grace! or the point D:. It's supposed to be a needlessly wordy ridiculous overprentious piece of work. If you thought it was wordy and confusing then I did my job. In other words, of course it wasn't me. It's everything I hate in a piece of writing, that was the point. Quall asked me to write "literature". It's a wordy piece about Nanoha buttering bread and deciding it's a metaphor for her and Fate (or is it :O I don't know myself)

in other words it's a joke Don't take it so seriously.
Old 2009-11-03, 20:11   Link #18324
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Made me laugh, Shiny.
Old 2009-11-03, 20:13   Link #18325
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
@Satashi: I'm known for my evil cliffhangers in some circles, but I've never broken a chapter off in mid-sentence before!
I'm just THAT good.

...Actually I was writing during a break and a customer came in so I just clicked post, forgetting I was on the forums and not in a PM to myself. Oops.

@Quall: You are so weird. I love it ^_^

@Shiny: That was...Like reading a monty python skit. Insane, overdone, weird, and like a 40 car pile up on the freeway. The kind where you just can't tear your eyes away from it no matter how hard you try. In other words, I loved it XDD
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 22:01   Link #18326
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
This is probably the last bit of writing I'll be able to do for a while. I got a few papers I need to write/revise due next week, followed by another round of mid terms. Joy.

Anywho, time for lots of dialouge, and lots of info dumping!

Part 1

Spoiler for Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha Decade Part 2:
Old 2009-11-03, 23:33   Link #18327
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
:O Why Quall! How right you are! My mistake indeed (though normal is hardly a better word). There is a serious lack of literature in the fanfiction thread. Something that would please the best literary critique.

Why I must meet this challenge!
Spoiler for Of Magical Girls and Lyrical Nanohas:

Spoiler for Sparknotes version:

My head kinda hurts now purposely writing nonsense is dizzying. @__@

... Genre Fiction Pride \o/
That still made me laugh. As such, you get an F for Fail in literature, Shiny.
yuiseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 07:51   Link #18328
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Of Magical Girls and Lyrical Nanohas
Your language here goes better in the KJV than anywhere else, Shiny. I love it!
Old 2009-11-04, 09:38   Link #18329
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
This is probably the last bit of writing I'll be able to do for a while. I got a few papers I need to write/revise due next week, followed by another round of mid terms. Joy.

Part 1

I'm already loving the cast of Kamen Rider, and I've never even seen the show. Good job, Raiser. ^^

Ending makes me sad.... poor Vivio thinks she's nothing but trouble for her mamas, and now Fate and Nanoha are searching for her so desperately. Haha, irony.

.... Though that lone grinning man scares me.

Awesome job.
Old 2009-11-04, 13:55   Link #18330
SulliMike23
Soldier of Nod

Send a message via AIM to SulliMike23 Send a message via MSN to SulliMike23 Send a message via Yahoo to SulliMike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post

Part 1

Okay! Ya caught my attention! "Kisama, Nani mono da!?"
SulliMike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 16:42   Link #18331
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Took a short break, jumping back into things. Can find the previous parts of this fic on ff.net, under the name of "Kaijo".

Spoiler for Nanoha Crisis, Chapter 6: This Feeling is Familiar?:
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 19:28   Link #18332
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I'm already loving the cast of Kamen Rider, and I've never even seen the show. Good job, Raiser. ^^

Ending makes me sad.... poor Vivio thinks she's nothing but trouble for her mamas, and now Fate and Nanoha are searching for her so desperately. Haha, irony.

.... Though that lone grinning man scares me.

Awesome job.

Speaking of Kamen Rider...I just had some sort of idea that utilizes a similar device that's used in the W series. (I'm still working on my Nanoha fanfic, although...oddly enough I already have somewhat of an outline for a sequel to it [Title and Summary at most]).
kaname08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 20:45   Link #18333
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
That still made me laugh. As such, you get an F for Fail in literature, Shiny.
Orz
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Your language here goes better in the KJV than anywhere else, Shiny. I love it!
Funny you should say that. I'm bizarrely skilled at doing KJV text (I did some fake scriptures for a English project once) actually I'm really good doing historical dialog >_> <_< I'm really getting into regency style dialog ... so if you see any ancient belkans talking like characters from a Jane Austen Novel um... sorry.
Old 2009-11-04, 21:39   Link #18334
kaname08
Poetic Stargazer

?

KJV? What's that?
kaname08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 22:10   Link #18335
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaname08 View Post
?

KJV? What's that?
Unless Spawn and I are thinking of different KJV (though I can only think of one) KJV is the King James Version of the Bible. From a literary standpoint (religion withstanding) it's actually a very interesting piece stylistically, actually it's down right pretty if I do say so myself.
Old 2009-11-04, 23:33   Link #18336
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Time to post our Rider OC shorts here, OCT. There IS an audience here after all!
Old 2009-11-05, 02:12   Link #18337
mechdra

Great job guys, I enjoyed most of the fic posted here and those posted in fanficyion.net. I finally got the courage to post in this discussion. I hope that my question and concern will be answered here.

I have been writting fic as a hobby and I would like to continue further. What I am concern here is it might affect the canonness of the story.

My first fic that I wrote is about Erio and Caro helping an alien going back to his home. The problem is the alien is a transmetal transformer. Lots of monster battleIs this type of story possible?

The second one is aboutNanoha and Vivio seperation during a war. There will be a lot of background character but there will be Nanoha X OC.

My latest project is on Nanoha and Yuuno getting corrupted by an unknown dark power. It will be set post Vivid and before Force.

I hope that my concern will be answered since I want to maintain the canonness of the story.
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 03:54   Link #18338
TerranReaper
I am of the Blood Ravens

Send a message via MSN to TerranReaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
Great job guys, I enjoyed most of the fic posted here and those posted in fanficyion.net. I finally got the courage to post in this discussion. I hope that my question and concern will be answered here.

I have been writting fic as a hobby and I would like to continue further. What I am concern here is it might affect the canonness of the story.

My first fic that I wrote is about Erio and Caro helping an alien going back to his home. The problem is the alien is a transmetal transformer. Lots of monster battleIs this type of story possible?

The second one is aboutNanoha and Vivio seperation during a war. There will be a lot of background character but there will be Nanoha X OC.

My latest project is on Nanoha and Yuuno getting corrupted by an unknown dark power. It will be set post Vivid and before Force.

I hope that my concern will be answered since I want to maintain the canonness of the story.
I have no problem with stories that do not follow a certain "formula" or canon. But there are others who insist on following the "rules" like NanoFate forever. From what I see, I don't think anyone is that hardcore, not in this forum at least. But really, this is my opinion and there may be others who have different opinions.
TerranReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 06:21   Link #18339
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

I personally run on the "CCxCC and OCxOC only" policy, but it's a free world. Some might disapprove of what you do but hey, it's fanfiction, the home to the most fanatical creatures I've seen. Write what you want, kick the fanatics to the curve, but just heed the possible critique from everyone else regarding canon and small details that might just give your fic that little edge. Now I do not actually read anything here, except certain ones, but I wouldn't have a problem with that fic of yours if I did read.
--------

On another note, for those who follow KoE, I'm on hiatus atm. Partly due to a massive writer's block, University also got into Turbo mode all of a sudden. This coupled with EVE and Dragon Age pushed my writing to a halt. Hopefully I'll be able to post a new chapter before 2010, lol

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-05, 06:32   Link #18340
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Time to post our Rider OC shorts here, OCT. There IS an audience here after all!
I know my imouto is happy about this.

I have my last final paper this saturday... My fate will be decided. After that, I might get some writing done.

Basically, I have 3 ideas in my head. The pilot chapter of my fic is only halfway done and I don't think I'd be able to bang it out quickly enough, so that leaves:

1) A continuation of that Railgun crossover in MC 0076. Since it involves Kaprika, it involves mayhem.
2) A random short about Vivio and her coincidental twin from OCT, Stella in Vivid timeline.
3) A random short involving 2 descendents of Ingvalt, again a coincidental fanon/canon mirror from OCT, also in Vivid timeline.

Which one should I work on? I'll leave the choice to you while I disappear to spend the next 48 hours in quiet meditation for my Last Boss fight in 2009.

I hope I do return... If not, it was nice knowing everyone. Thanks for being to welcoming!

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha