AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-09, 14:51   Link #1861
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Spoiler for A second look at Asuka in Vol 11:

Is that Ratten's flute from Vol 2? If I were to make a guess, it would be that Asuka is using it to command dragons?
Bladedknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 15:00   Link #1862
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladedknight View Post
Spoiler for A second look at Asuka in Vol 11:

Is that Ratten's flute from Vol 2? If I were to make a guess, it would be that Asuka is using it to command dragons?
She was using Ratten's flulte since vol 7.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 15:25   Link #1863
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
She was using Ratten's flulte since vol 7.
Oh right, that just completely flew over my head, from vol 8, and she started using it in vol 7?
Old 2014-08-09, 15:50   Link #1864
bakato

Quote:
Oh right, that just completely flew over my head, from vol 8, and she started using it in vol 7?
I meant volume 8. She beat the dragon using it.
Old 2014-08-09, 22:51   Link #1865
mPervy
Professional NEET

What is her gifts again? Almathea, Ratten flute, and what is the other one?
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 23:52   Link #1866
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
What is her gifts again? Almathea, Ratten flute, and what is the other one?
Giant Robo Deen
Old 2014-08-10, 01:07   Link #1867
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Giant Robo Deen
Don't forget the gloves she got from Sala, and the cross sword from vol 1.

Edit

I've been wondering after rereading the afterwords for a bit... What was the name of the author's last works? The one that involved the lead character being a girl with the name of Izayoi Sakamaki?

The only thing I get is something called "EQUATION ―イクヴェイジョン―" but I can't find anything for it.

Last edited by Bladedknight; 2014-08-10 at 02:22.
Old 2014-08-10, 07:15   Link #1868
mPervy
Professional NEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Giant Robo Deen
But I thought Deen was already been Hers from the 2nd vol onward. Why did Liaus act as if He's the one that made it? Is it prhaps after the attack of the titans in vol4-5 it got some severe damages that need to be repaired? Sorry stil had no time to read vol6 completely.
mPervy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 08:45   Link #1869
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by mPervy View Post
But I thought Deen was already been Hers from the 2nd vol onward. Why did Liaus act as if He's the one that made it? Is it prhaps after the attack of the titans in vol4-5 it got some severe damages that need to be repaired? Sorry stil had no time to read vol6 completely.
yea Liaus repaired it but she's had deen since vol 2
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 20:06   Link #1870
Haru00

Quick question, I know its out of topic but I want to hear ur opinions, can Izayoi destroy illusions? u know like for example a Genjutsu user from naruto?
Haru00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-10, 20:11   Link #1871
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haru00 View Post
Quick question, I know its out of topic but I want to hear ur opinions, can Izayoi destroy illusions? u know like for example a Genjutsu user from naruto?
He was unaffected by a Demon Lord's gift that should have frozen time for him. It's safe to say he possesses a degree of immunity to other gifts.
Old 2014-08-10, 21:02   Link #1872
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
He was unaffected by a Demon Lord's gift that should have frozen time for him. It's safe to say he possesses a degree of immunity to other gifts.
I always just thought about it as, any gift that affected Izayoi directly would be nullified, unless it is a gift with physical properties. However, he can also nullify that by projecting his gift outwards by means of force (i.e. punching or kicking), as shown by him hitting the harpe's sharp edge.

Any gift that is nullified by his body passively can also be destroyed by punching it. Stronger gifts will require more powerful hits to destroy.
Old 2014-08-10, 21:08   Link #1873
ImperialFlameGod8190

Izayoi is one of those rare characters that you almost wonder why would you make a character whose this good at absolutely everything (except losing).
The guy was invincible. Give him any challenge no matter how hard or easy and he'll do it and do it without serious effort. Read about the guy and your just like okay he's real good. Watch the anime and you wonder what in the world is he because there's no way a kid can be this powerful.
Old 2014-08-10, 21:13   Link #1874
Bladedknight
Azi GARhaka enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Izayoi is one of those rare characters that you almost wonder why would you make a character whose this good at absolutely everything (except losing).
The guy was invincible. Give him any challenge no matter how hard or easy and he'll do it and do it without serious effort. Read about the guy and your just like okay he's real good. Watch the anime and you wonder what in the world is he because there's no way a kid can be this powerful.
Eh, I would just say that "to each their own." Maybe in the beginning, the author just thought it would be cool to have such a powerful protagonist and then he just went with it.

Even if he were to regret making that decision now, it would already be far too late to go back and change it.

But I personally like OP protagonists, so go Izayoi~! Heh.
Old 2014-08-10, 21:39   Link #1875
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Eh, I would just say that "to each their own." Maybe in the beginning, the author just thought it would be cool to have such a powerful protagonist and then he just went with it.

Even if he were to regret making that decision now, it would already be far too late to go back and change it

But I personally like OP protagonists, so go Izayoi~! Heh.
I agree with you on that part i love izayoi as a character. Fact is really only 2 things make Mondaiji watchable anime wise.
1. Black Rabbit
2. Izayoi and his various antics.

Brains brawn and charisma r traits that a male MC in most stories should have to be a likeable character. Most of these MC's have 2 of these 3 and i can think of maybe a few who have 3 and if you have a male MC with all 3 the story is almost always a good one
Old 2014-08-11, 01:56   Link #1876
The One-way Road

I think that Izayoi being op is an really interesting move by the author, due to it being rather hard to pull of. The op-ness is also mellowed out due to the powers of other, stronger characters (Shiroyasha, Kouryuu, Azi GARhaka, etc), so it doesen't feel out of place. It might have seemed that way in the earlier volumes, but his opponents were either low-tier (Perseus, Hameln), or de-powered (Leticia) at the time.

Another way that it is well executed is that the issue isn't brushed off at all. They spent half a volume to detail out how his powers have shaped him into the person that he is, with both good points and balant flaws.
It's even a part of the plot the question WHY and HOW he is op, to the point of being a running gag that's become more serious in the later volumes. We're even beginning to get the answer.

To round it of, Izayoi's powers aren't there for the sole sake of having awesome powers, but serves as food of though regarding the ups and downs to having an undefeatable power.
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 02:13   Link #1877
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One-way Road View Post
I think that Izayoi being op is an really interesting move by the author, due to it being rather hard to pull of. The op-ness is also mellowed out due to the powers of other, stronger characters (Shiroyasha, Kouryuu, Azi GARhaka, etc), so it doesen't feel out of place. It might have seemed that way in the earlier volumes, but his opponents were either low-tier (Perseus, Hameln), or de-powered (Leticia) at the time.

Another way that it is well executed is that the issue isn't brushed off at all. They spent half a volume to detail out how his powers have shaped him into the person that he is, with both good points and balant flaws.
It's even a part of the plot the question WHY and HOW he is op, to the point of being a running gag that's become more serious in the later volumes. We're even beginning to get the answer.

To round it of, Izayoi's powers aren't there for the sole sake of having awesome powers, but serves as food of though regarding the ups and downs to having an undefeatable power.
I agree, since it shows in his personality as well, as he tends to try to carry the burden of everything because he knows he's stronger than anyone, and he probably has a hard time understanding the feelings of the people who are weaker than him, who probably feel patronized.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 02:35   Link #1878
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

Umm... This is my personal opinion but wouldn't anyone else like to see the cast get a new wardrobe especially the girls, i mean is it that hard to just draw something different its not like its a manga so it shouldn't be too hard see as even izayoi's outfit has been changed in volume 5. Also imagine if izayoi had learnt a proper martial art like taekwondo or got kenjuus like Akatsuki from STB... IT WOULD BE LEGENDARY!!!

To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.

Alyxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 03:06   Link #1879
The One-way Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxis View Post
Umm... This is my personal opinion but wouldn't anyone else like to see the cast get a new wardrobe especially the girls, i mean is it that hard to just draw something different its not like its a manga so it shouldn't be too hard see as even izayoi's outfit has been changed in volume 5. Also imagine if izayoi had learnt a proper martial art like taekwondo or got kenjuus like Akatsuki from STB... IT WOULD BE LEGENDARY!!!
It would, of course, be refreshing, but unless they found a good reason for a change of clothing, it would be odd to bring it up. Izayoi had his clothes torn and then used the rest as bandage for Gry. They couldn't make him walk around half naked and the actual change wasn't even mentioned, just seen from an illustration. Ans at the start, Asuka changed due to her own clothes being impractical.

Hmm, after GARhaka, I want him to learn how to focus his powers more, seeing as he's been all punch and kick without any form of technique, as commented at during the fight with Kouryuu.
On the subject of kenjuus... I think that would be a little over the top. Izayoi's main sell is being a one man tank, and if the vol 11 afterword spoilers are any indication, he's about to get a power up in the near future.
The One-way Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-11, 03:38   Link #1880
Alyxis
Mad Hatter

As regards to outfits, i remember Asuka's clothing being all tattered in 1 of vol 8's illustrations during her fight with Azi's dragon and as for Kurousagi well i would just like to see her in something better during her battles, i have no quamls with her keeping her usual outfit every other time but at least something like what she wore in vol 10 would be nice when she battles cuz i just can't take her seriously when she battles in THAT. Heck even leticia had a more knight like outfit during her battle in the last vol so for someone from the buddhist sect would it be too much to ask that she look the part at least when she fights and for Yo i have no problem with her. Regarding the whole izayoi having kenjuus, you are right it wouldn't suit him that would be better for someone like Asuka, besides knowing izayoi he could probably takedown all of Akatsuki's kenjuu.

To hunger, but not gluttonous. To arouse, but not lustful. To tire, but not slothful.

Last edited by Alyxis; 2014-08-11 at 03:54.
Alyxis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko