AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-11, 08:40   Link #1921
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

What? Weren't there four of five songs in the track list? Or did I get myself confused?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 10:03   Link #1922
AlaAlba

nope, just as yot-chan said, the CD only have 2 songs in it, the normal version and karaoke version(without vocal)
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 10:44   Link #1923
magnuskn

Awesome song. I'd just want to see this animated, with something of an "intergalactic charity concert" or somesuch. Since Minmay is officially MIA it won´t happen though. <sniffle>
Old 2009-09-11, 12:27   Link #1924
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, c'mon poor Basara nearly gets drowned by either Minmay or Sheryl every time they sing a verse together. Like Yot-chan put, I'd think this was a May'n song with guests, if it weren't for Iijima's greater number of solo bits. Let's face it, both ladies tend to overpower everything else in this song - and I'm not saying that just because I like May'n/Sheryl - I absolutely adore little ol' Basara, too, but I can hear what's going on here.
As much as I love May'N, she only had one verse which was the same length as Megumi's and that doesn't amount to this song being more May'N-centric This was definitely a Mari Iijima song but I'd say the runner up has to be Mr. Fukuyama who has a very distinct voice and on top of that has a verse plus the breakdown section of the song.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 14:09   Link #1925
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Yeah, May'n may have had only one or a couple of verses solo, but that's not really what I was talking about. If you can seriously deny the fact that her voice simply overpowers most others when joined in any of the choruses, then, my friend, we should just agree to disagree.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 14:48   Link #1926
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Yeah, May'n may have had only one or a couple of verses solo, but that's not really what I was talking about. If you can seriously deny the fact that her voice simply overpowers most others when joined in any of the choruses, then, my friend, we should just agree to disagree.
May'N had one verse but you never mentioned the chorus May'N's voice is made to overpower and that is why it's easy to separate her voice from the others, just like Fukuyama (although it helps that he's the only male singer.) To me, it sounds like they were careful with May'N's voice because it does have a tendency to easily overpower others. I agree that May'N's vibrato was prominent in the chorus but that's what usually attracts me to her voice and the way she immediately takes your attention with it but aside from that, I can't agree that she was on the forefront of the overall song. It still screams Iijima and Fukuyama to me

So, agree to disagree it is?

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 16:12   Link #1927
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
May'N had one verse but you never mentioned the chorus May'N's voice is made to overpower and that is why it's easy to separate her voice from the others, just like Fukuyama (although it helps that he's the only male singer.) To me, it sounds like they were careful with May'N's voice because it does have a tendency to easily overpower others. I agree that May'N's vibrato was prominent in the chorus but that's what usually attracts me to her voice and the way she immediately takes your attention with it but aside from that, I can't agree that she was on the forefront of the overall song. It still screams Iijima and Fukuyama to me

So, agree to disagree it is?
Probably agreeing to disagree is the wisest choice.

I dunno...if you've heard the "Fukuyama Fire" album, his singing is REALLY REALLY powerful and vicious there... at times he sounds like he's ready to tear your throat out with his teeth. But he doesn't go all-out here; even his big "OK!" sounds like he's holding back a bit. Maybe there should've been a "Basara goes crazy" section in the song, but as it is, it's a ballad...and May'n's voice seems tailor-made to wring every bit of emotion out of a good ballad.

All that said, I'm still happiest about Chie Kajiura's performance. It certainly stands out to ME, but I can see why it wouldn't for people who don't have a Chie fixation. And at least Chie gets TWO verses to herself.
Yot-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 18:00   Link #1928
Westlo
Lets be reality

When it comes to collabs you don't usually say it's so and so's song just because they had the most lines lol.. you generally talk about who was the best on the song. If you're talking about amount of focus in the song than well the cover pretty much tells the story doesn't it?

Iijima's obviously the main singer of the song, producing and writing it as well. She definately gave a good account of herself. I thought May'n performed very well, she stood out on the chorus and had good presence in her verse. Chie Kajiura was also rather nice on the song.. personally don't think the song suited Fukuyama at all period. Megumi was just there... didn't really expect much from her.. since she can't even outshine VA's who sing a bit like Tomatsu Haruka, and Hayami Saori during Basqush!...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-16, 08:45   Link #1929
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Can't say much about the anthem right now. I'll wait first for the translation. I'm just glad to hear them together.

(Also, it's not old school--Macross music is timeless.)

Last edited by CaptGloval; 2009-09-16 at 11:51.
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 07:47   Link #1930
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Chanced upon the Lion duet off the Yoko Kanno concert--unsurprisingly, May'n carried the whole song. *snerk*

Come hither, November!
Old 2009-09-23, 10:11   Link #1931
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Her Iteza at the YK concert gave me goosebumps.
Old 2009-09-23, 23:06   Link #1932
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Her Iteza at the YK concert gave me goosebumps.
And it wasn't a patch on her Diamond Crevasse. Were you there, too?
Old 2009-09-24, 02:31   Link #1933
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
And it wasn't a patch on her Diamond Crevasse. Were you there, too?
Nah, I wish , I just chanced upon the audio rip, and if that lowly audio rip can give me goosebumps then I can imagine my skin jumping if I were there live.
Old 2009-09-28, 21:36   Link #1934
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

PREVIEW!

The first half is Pink Monsoon, the second half is the other song that will be in the Pink Monsoon single, Tenshi ni Naritchatta (I have become an angel ).

Pink Monsoon has always been stuck in my head but after hearing the bit of the second....only one word...ME WANT NAO! *q*

Okay...three words.
Old 2009-09-28, 21:50   Link #1935
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
PREVIEW!
The first half is Pink Monsoon, the second half is the other song that will be in the Pink Monsoon single, Tenshi ni Naritchatta (I have become an angel ).

Pink Monsoon has always been stuck in my head but after hearing the bit of the second....only one word...ME WANT NAO! *q*

Okay...three words.
WOW.

Great find!
Old 2009-09-29, 00:03   Link #1936
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
PREVIEW!

Okay...three words.
*drowned by Pink Monsoon*

*dies happily*
Old 2009-09-29, 01:11   Link #1937
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

I personally can't wait for Tenshi ni Naritchatta. *q*
It's a nice change from Diamond Crevasse and Yousei, where the two songs conveyed great emotion and sadness. TniNa...sounds sweet and lighthearted. *u*

*Pink Monsoon is once again stuck in my head *
Old 2009-10-01, 23:53   Link #1938
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

PV for that MacF Final concert BR DVD (of last 2008). Damn May'n with her awesome high notes. My skin broke out in goosebumps once again.
Old 2009-10-04, 21:12   Link #1939
mike_s_6

I want Sheryl to have a dance to go with the song Pink Monsoon. That song is begging to have a dance with it. Just listen to the bass of that song!
mike_s_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 10:55   Link #1940
Westlo
Lets be reality

Mai you're slack on updating here :\

http://gabrielarobin.com/2911/macros...niversal-bunny

So that's at least 8 Sheryl/May'n and Kanno songs from the movie... maybe.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music