Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-03-21, 18:50   Link #1961
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
OH! How did I missed that!! When I read that, somehow I was only thinking of Reina even though it explicitly said Moegi.
Oh, and don't forget that Moegi also referred to Kojou as "Kojou-kun" and the only ones to do so are his family members.

Quote:
Anyway, I feel content hahaha. It's kind of funny because typically I don't really care so much for harems but this is one of those exceptions (like Tenchi Muyo and any other related shows to it like Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari).
My favourite character is Asagi, but I think for StB a harem ending would be befitting and I don't dislike any of the girls (I think even Himeragi is good enough, I'm not in the camp of those who are annoyed by her). Sayaka can be cute and cool, La Folia is awesome and Avrora, despite me having not seen too much of her, is also great. Though not really part of the harem, Nina Adelard is also likeable.

P.S: No. 1,000, hooray! Okay, I know, that's nothing to get excited about.
Old 2014-03-21, 18:53   Link #1962
BW95
Banned

I wonder whatever happened to Vatler in the future. Maybe we'll find out when Reina meets Vatler.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 19:01   Link #1963
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
OH! How did I missed that!! When I read that, somehow I was only thinking of Reina even though it explicitly said Moegi.

Anyway, I feel content hahaha. It's kind of funny because typically I don't really care so much for harems but this is one of those exceptions (like Tenchi Muyo and any other related shows to it like Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari). Anyway, go everyone!
Kojou sure is a lucky bastard, he got the whole harem to himself but just not any harem, every single one of those is incredibly talented in their own area and have great personalities, heck even the Mad Hatter said the Kanon has strong supernatural powers.

Anyway, Reina got a great inheritance from the family genitic pool:
1.-The vampiric nature from Kojou.

2.-The blue eyes from Kojou.

3.-The face from Yukina.

4.-The influence of Yukina must have led her to have Hasta Aurum, it´s identical to Sekkarou but only in gold special edition.

5.-Athletic prowess from Yukina but that might be her own vampire nature.

6.-The preversion of Kojou or should I say Mimori; your daughter also likes pretty girls, you must be a very proud father.

7.-I guess the bust comes from Mimori.

I also forgot about the herarchy in the descendants of vampires, I can´t wait to see how Moegi looks like.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 19:03   Link #1964
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
And the meaning of "Hasta Aurum" is Golden Spear.
So its an intelligent weapon?

I felt getting tiring on what's happening because Kojou still doesn't have control or try to even gain mastery of his abilities. All his solution so far is overwhelming power. Lacking the finesse to wield them.
Old 2014-03-21, 19:07   Link #1965
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
So its an intelligent weapon?

I felt getting tiring on what's happening because Kojou still doesn't have control or try to even gain mastery of his abilities. All his solution so far is overwhelming power. Lacking the finesse to wield them.
With power like his, finesse is beneath him. There's no need for Kojou to resort to tactics, much less petty tricks and it's not like he doesn't have any mastery, it's just that controlling his kenjuu where they don't destroy the island was a tough order to begin with.
Old 2014-03-21, 19:07   Link #1966
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408
I can´t wait to see how Moegi looks like.
She should be like her mother if ask me.

She got her mother and father's talents:

- Asagi's technological prowess.

- Kojou's eyes(just maybe).

- Large bust like Asagi.

- Progenitors curse and familiars like her father.

I had a feeling that her familiars might become cyber-related powers with Kojou's original powers of his 12 Kenjuus like Reina's Hasta Aurum.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 19:37   Link #1967
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
She should be like her mother if ask me.

She got her mother and father's talents:

- Asagi's technological prowess.

- Kojou's eyes(just maybe).

- Large bust like Asagi.

- Progenitors curse and familiars like her father.

I had a feeling that her familiars might become cyber-related powers with Kojou's original powers of his 12 Kenjuus like Reina's Hasta Aurum.
Maybe the gods are cruel and she´s flat as a washing board. By the way, I though high level vampires were extremely difficult to kill but the children of a Progenitor inherit the Curse of Eternity as well? Also, if Kojou turns Yukina into a vampire before she is pregnant with Reina, does that make her more powerful as a vampire?.
Old 2014-03-21, 20:03   Link #1968
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Well, after seeing that episode I'm on the verge of banging my head against the wall. Nothing against a slight extension of the short story to make it a full episode, but the addition with the dragon thing was unnecessary. With the way volume 6 was rushed this addition is pretty much inexcusable. At least the first part that was following the short story closely is as awesome as I thought it would be.
Eh, I don't see the dragon as a real issue, random stuff like that happens pretty often in this series.

But yeah as amusing as this is, on a whole it doesn't feel like it was worth rushing through the last arc, just to dedicated two episodes to.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 20:52   Link #1969
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Maybe the gods are cruel and she´s flat as a washing board. By the way, I though high level vampires were extremely difficult to kill but the children of a Progenitor inherit the Curse of Eternity as well? Also, if Kojou turns Yukina into a vampire before she is pregnant with Reina, does that make her more powerful as a vampire?.
I get the impression that every vampire's regenerative ability is due to their possession of some limited degree of the curse of eternity, but only primogenitors have it to the degree that they're essentially immortal. The power gap betweena primogenitor and a second generation vampire is insane. I don't think so. Reina would have been born a complete vampire either way.
Old 2014-03-21, 21:13   Link #1970
tuckersister

Moegi-chan is probably older than Reina.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 21:49   Link #1971
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
With power like his, finesse is beneath him. There's no need for Kojou to resort to tactics, much less petty tricks and it's not like he doesn't have any mastery, it's just that controlling his kenjuu where they don't destroy the island was a tough order to begin with.
and that lies the problem. He depends too much on his kenjuu which is overwhelming in power. Why not just used their power and not summon them?

the power of the kenjuu is too much that summoning just one cost tremors to the island and he keeps summoning them.

He doesn't need finesse? that's absurd because most of the time. He is trying to control the kenjuu from destroying too much. He needs finesse skill without relying on them because they are just too much troublesome.
Old 2014-03-21, 22:04   Link #1972
teejmo

Quick question - does Sadalmelik-Albus have the capability to revert stuff back before it gets to nothingness? Does it have to be all or nothing? Because if not, why not just use that to reform Schneewaltzer? Problem solved.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 22:14   Link #1973
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
and that lies the problem. He depends too much on his kenjuu which is overwhelming in power. Why not just used their power and not summon them?

the power of the kenjuu is too much that summoning just one cost tremors to the island and he keeps summoning them.

He doesn't need finesse? that's absurd because most of the time. He is trying to control the kenjuu from destroying too much. He needs finesse skill without relying on them because they are just too much troublesome.
I don't think it's even possible to use a lot of a kenjuu's power without summoning it and whatever amount he can use without summoning it is not enough to beat the bad guys.

Besides, I don't even think that level of control is even possible to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Quick question - does Sadalmelik-Albus have the capability to revert stuff back before it gets to nothingness? Does it have to be all or nothing? Because if not, why not just use that to reform Schneewaltzer? Problem solved.
Yes. He can.
Old 2014-03-21, 22:23   Link #1974
-Kuro

Does Asagi awakens a familiar? or not?
-Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 22:55   Link #1975
kazzuya13

By the Japanese community is supposed to be the most stiff when it comes to honorifics so how come Nagisa never called him any variation of being an "Onii-san" and even his future daughter does that too and only calling him by his first name.
Old 2014-03-21, 22:58   Link #1976
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kuro View Post
Does Asagi awakens a familiar? or not?
I think not
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:03   Link #1977
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by RpR1337 View Post
Well, I'll just detach myself from posting another (too) long answer. Though I can relate to your feeling better when you have someone to have a proper discussion with, seeing as you not only read, but also reflected on what I highlighted as faults in what you said, I don't see any point in trying to do the critic play again.

Also, at least someone seems to get the "everyone is special, therefore no one is" thing about opinions. Thank Mother Mary.

The only thing you could perhaps think about, if you compare f.e. Kojou with Godou from Campione - many did it before, so why not - is what exactly is the difference between not being conscious of something, and staying consciously unaware of something. Godou is consciously unaware of the real depth of his girls' feelings. That's nicely shown by him obviously not only knowing, but playing at their feelings during all of his emotional highs (Youth, Insane Rush, etc). But what about Kojou? I can tell you for a fact that he's not consciously unaware, he's a dense blockhead who's like a naked baby in the woods. He's in the dark, and that's a fact.
As for Yukina's feelings, I think she gets them well enough. She's not that much detached from common sense, believe me. And that's why I said that thing about the shadows. Before, behind, but not on. She should (and in fact, in my opinion she does) know that. And that's why I was referring to you "defending her". In fact it meant something like
"-Why did you shoot the mayor on the Independence Day parade, you damn murderer?
- Sorry, truth is, I had a horrible childhood.
-Oh, can't help it then. We'll do something about this, so you can just go home. After all, society's bad, and not you, right?".

Doesn't fly, right? Yukina's not detached from common sense. She's just not in her "natural habitat", that's why it seems like she's a dumb country bumpkin sometimes. But she's not emotionally dumb. That difference is what seemingly escapes through the holes in the story. And that's why I feel she's at fault more than Kojou.

EDIT: Oh, about Leeroy.
Spoiler for Leeroy:
You´re absolutely right about Kojou, after the kiss of Asagi and Yukina´s half love confession the idiot still ate the "it´s not what you think!" excuse, Yukina or Asagi should just grab that fools head and kiss him and saying: "I love you!, think about that now!". The latest novel seems to idicate that he´s finally getting a little more conscious about Yukina´s feeling and was about time.

What you said about childhood traumas being use as an excuse reminded me a conversation I had with my mother some time ago: She loves watching Criminal Minds with me (even though she hates blood and violence, go figure) and after watching an episode, where the killer severe traumas after a horrible childhood traumas started killing innocent people, she ask me if that guy can really be responsible for his actions after all the crap he went through drove him insane; I answer that our traumas condition part of what we are but we are not slaves to them and sympathy runs out the instant you take out your demons on other innocents.

So with the childhood of Yukina maybe you half right with that being an excuse but I´m also half right with that being part who she is ad has to learn to deal with in other ways as you said, again I have my hopes for the possible relationship Upgrade in the latest novel.

The Kingdom of Dawn is really interesting because gives the idiot couple an oportunity to realize what they feel for each other; Kojou feels Yukina is a very important person, not yet in the romantic way, but cannot express it well, Yukina wants to stay at Kojou´s side forever but doesn´t how to express it because she has never given any real thought to her future, her whole existince was becoming an attack mage, then a Swor Shaman and finally just observing Kojou. She was happy so far with it but the status quo has change of all od the sudden and now both face choices that will decide their future.

Oh!, thanks for the Leeroy video, that was hilarious as hell! I looked it up on wikipedia after that and now kind of know what you meant. As you can I´m really ignorant about everything related to computer with exception of anime-manga-light novels and literature.
Old 2014-03-21, 23:04   Link #1978
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
By the Japanese community is supposed to be the most stiff when it comes to honorifics so how come Nagisa never called him any variation of being an "Onii-san" and even his future daughter does that too and only calling him by his first name.
His family's quite liberal when it came to that. Did you notice how Nagisa called her mother 'Mimori'(first name) instead of 'okasan'? There's also the fact that people in this show called Natsuki 'Natsuki-chan' instead of Minamiya-sensei.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:10   Link #1979
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
His family's quite liberal when it came to that. Did you notice how Nagisa called her mother 'Mimori' instead of 'okasan'? There's also the fact that people in this show called Natsuki 'Natsuki-chan' instead of Minamiya-sensei.
Nagisa also called her dad 'Gajou-kun', which is where Reina picked up the habit I suppose. As for Natsuki, calling her with the 'chan' honorific is probably a group joke. I probably couldn't resist it if I were in their shoes.

BTW, do you think Kojou turned Yukina and Asagi into blood servants? They certainly seemed to have aged quite a bit, based on what Reina said.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 23:13   Link #1980
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Nagisa also called her dad 'Gajou-kun', which is where Reina picked up the habit I suppose. As for Natsuki, calling her with the 'chan' honorific is probably a group joke. I probably couldn't resist it if I were in their shoes.

BTW, do you think Kojou turned Yukina and Asagi into blood servants? They certainly seemed to have aged quite a bit, based on what Reina said.
Asagi's probably not a blood servant, I don't know about Yukina though. I don't quite remember her daughter describing her future form.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2014-03-22 at 01:29.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cringe heroine, dengeki bunko, fake harem, harem, open ending, strike the blood, vampires