AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-14, 20:43   Link #2701
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
They're not. Only one did, when Amata awakened the false Aquarion, Kagura saw HIS OWN wings, because the memory is buried in his subconcious. Aquarion is HIS powers, he saw his own wings. That is why you did not see Apollon when he did it
Two words... MUGEN PUNCH

Only Apollonius/Apollo can do that.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 20:45   Link #2702
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Some said that Mikage's talking about a flaxen-haired, golden-eyed dude when seemingly alluding to Amata, was refering to Amata's dad.
Or maybe Amata's eyes are originally golden but Mykage could have done something to him (suspiciously, he has that same eyecolor of the Altain guys who were affected by his flower petals). In the Ed image, he has thorns as Kagura does.

It seems that his ability to fly is from her mother, so it's backing more and more he's more of Apollonius/Apollon/Apollo's bloodline than a reincarnation. He also is suspiciously lacking visions in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Two words... MUGEN PUNCH

Only Apollonius/Apollo can do that.
In Aquarion Evol. But EVOL isn't the original Aquarion. Most likely, is one of the mass produced Aquarions produced based on poor Futuba who was a Shadow angel with, dun dun dun, wings in his feet like certain main character we know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
OTOH, I'm not sure if I like how Zessica's character has been handled lately. It's fine for her to have some self-doubt and not be totally genki girl, but it almost feels like she's giving up without a fight here. I hope that she'll at least make a serious attempt to win Amata over soon.
Actually I liked how she's handled. She's backing off since she knows they have feelings for each others. How she apologized about the juice and tried to not create incidental strife is a good example. She would only make a serious move if Mikono doesn't want Amata.

That's pretty classy behavior so far. Which confirms when she was flirting in the past it was just trolling.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 20:56   Link #2703
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
In Evol. But EVOL isn't the original Aquarion. Most likely, is one of the mass produced Aquarions produced by Futuba who was a Shadow angel with, dun dun dun, wings in his feet like certain main character we know.
Futaba's feathers were only applied to the augmented pilots and remote pilot system.

As shown with the OVA where the mythological Aquarion was still undiscovered Deava used Assault Type Aquarions piloted by elements. And they called them Aquarions. The original is called Mythological Aquarion.
Old 2012-03-14, 21:04   Link #2704
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
As shown with the OVA where the mythological Aquarion was still undiscovered Deava used Assault Type Aquarions piloted by elements.
In the The OVA, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Because of the past Mikono is friggin Emo (much like Sylvia in the OVA)
While I don't agree you with in everything, I do agree with you that Mikono is like OVA Sylvia and Kagura is almost identical to OVA Apollo (not so much to his series counterpart). If there are indeed multiple reincarnations of Apollo and Sylvia and parallel dimensions (which I hope not) rather than a mishmash AR, I'm betting Altair is more based on OVA (but Sylvia was somehow born in Vega because women population issue) and Vega more of TV series.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2012-03-14, 22:04   Link #2705
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

LoP, you've clarified a few things for me. i guess i should watch the first series. haha.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 23:08   Link #2706
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
>Well I'm not the writer so I don't know what she intended, but "yurushite" as a short for "yurushiteageru" just... doesn't work. It doesn't work like that. I'm no native speaker so feel free to correct me, but I don't think a native speaker would even think of this option. Also, on a more practical note: with all in mind, and given the context, there's no way anyone, including Amata, would understand that "yurushite" as "yurushiteageru"...
Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree 100% with what you're saying here.

Spoiler for Spoiled for length:

Enough said on it, really. Sorry if I wasn't clearer with what I was saying earlier, I just got excited when I saw that Amata's line in ep 11 wasn't 100% coming out of nowhere, just 98% out of nowhere, give or take.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 23:43   Link #2707
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Actually I liked how she's handled. She's backing off since she knows they have feelings for each others. How she apologized about the juice and tried to not create incidental strife is a good example. She would only make a serious move if Mikono doesn't want Amata.

That's pretty classy behavior so far. Which confirms when she was flirting in the past it was just trolling.
But it wasn't just trolling, that's part of the problem. Zessica has given more than enough hints by now to indicate that she's genuinely interested in Amata. Why, there was even one such hint given in this episode when Zessica expressed a degree of jealousy over Mikono. That expression of jealousy makes no sense whatsoever unless Zessica is genuinely interested in Amata, and feels like Mikono is outdoing her in trying to win him over. If Zessica was just trolling this entire time, then that mirror scene in this episode doesn't make any sense at all.

Also, I don't buy this notion that you should just give up on a person you're attracted to and interested in, just because somebody else is also interested in that person. To me, that's not being "classy"; that's denying your own heart, which I think is usually a bad choice to make.

Sure, there comes a point when it would demonstrate a lack of class to engage in the romantic pursuit of a person that somebody else likes, but Amata/Mikono is not at that point yet. Also, it would be understandable for Zessica to give up on Amata if he had shown no interest in her, but he at the very least likes her as a friend and he clearly finds her attractive.

On a more personal note, I don't want Zessica to be this anime's version of True Tear's Aiko. I want her to be this anime's version of True Tear's Noe (since Mikono has the Hiromi role taken). I want an actual well-executed love triangle with good romance drama, dammit! This is much of what Mari Okada is known for, for crying out loud. It's one of the main things I was hoping and expecting to see in this anime, and we're not going to see it (at least not with the male lead in the middle) if Zessica gives up without a fight.
Old 2012-03-14, 23:58   Link #2708
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Why, there was even one such hint given in this episode when Zessica expressed a degree of jealousy over Mikono. That expression of jealousy makes no sense whatsoever unless Zessica is genuinely interested in Amata, and feels like Mikono is outdoing her in trying to win him over. If Zessica was just trolling this entire time, then that mirror scene in this episode doesn't make any sense at all.
I don't think Thess is arguing that she's still trolling in this episode,but that she started out trolling in the first couple episodes she appeared in and then over time grew genuine feelings for Amata which she's now had for a little while.

Quote:
On a more personal note, I don't want Zessica to be this anime's version of True Tear's Aiko.
Dude,if she was this anime's Aiko she wouldn't even be able to make Amata fly

Quote:
I want an actual well-executed love triangle with good romance drama, dammit! This is much of what Mari Okada is known for, for crying out loud.
Even if she's known for this on this forum it still isn't what the majority of her work consists of,though like you I'd like to see it happen
Old 2012-03-15, 00:07   Link #2709
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But it wasn't just trolling, that's part of the problem. Zessica has given more than enough hints by now to indicate that she's genuinely interested in Amata. Why, there was even one such hint given in this episode when Zessica expressed a degree of jealousy over Mikono. That expression of jealousy makes no sense whatsoever unless Zessica is genuinely interested in Amata, and feels like Mikono is outdoing her in trying to win him over. If Zessica was just trolling this entire time, then that mirror scene in this episode doesn't make any sense at all.

Also, I don't buy this notion that you should just give up on a person you're attracted to and interested in, just because somebody else is also interested in that person. To me, that's not being "classy"; that's denying your own heart, which I think is usually a bad choice to make.

Sure, there comes a point when it would demonstrate a lack of class to engage in the romantic pursuit of a person that somebody else likes, but Amata/Mikono is not at that point yet. Also, it would be understandable for Zessica to give up on Amata if he had shown no interest in her, but he at the very least likes her as a friend and he clearly finds her attractive.

On a more personal note, I don't want Zessica to be this anime's version of True Tear's Aiko. I want her to be this anime's version of True Tear's Noe (since Mikono has the Hiromi role taken). I want an actual well-executed love triangle with good romance drama, dammit! This is much of what Mari Okada is known for, for crying out loud. It's one of the main things I was hoping and expecting to see in this anime, and we're not going to see it (at least not with the male lead in the middle) if Zessica gives up without a fight.

I think what Thesis was referring to was all those episodes before she had a crush on Amata, not in this episode or the one after.

As for 'still have a chance'... Not from what I'm seeing currently. Amata is head over heels for Mikono, yes Zessica is still attactive to him, but I cant see/sense any of the hesitiation or uncertainty that usually plagues these kinds of situation... I mean, has he even taken the initative to see her once?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 00:11   Link #2710
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I don't think Thess is arguing that she's still trolling in this episode,but that she started out trolling in the first couple episodes she appeared in and then over time grew genuine feelings for Amata which she's now had for a little while.
What went on for "a little while" was the trolling. Most of the gestures Zessica has made to Amata were and are genuine. Zessica has had serious feelings for Amata for a fair stretch of time now.

Quote:
Dude,if she was this anime's Aiko she wouldn't even be able to make Amata fly
Amata would fly for almost any girl.

Quote:
Even if she's known for this on this forum it still isn't what the majority of her work consists of,
A lot of her work is adaptation work, where she can't just throw in whatever she wants, of course.

But due to her work on anime originals, Okada has rightly earned a reputation for great romance drama. So it's only natural for viewers to expect that when watching anime originals wrote by her that at least have some romance in them.

It's not just True Tears that gives Okada this reputation (although that anime is the main reason why), but also AnoHana and Hanasaku Iroha to lesser extents.

Quote:
though like you I'd like to see it happen
And this is precisely why I don't like how Zessica is being wrote lately. She's becoming too passive, too accepting of the status quo, imo. The romance in this anime is becoming far too straightforward for my liking.
Old 2012-03-15, 00:41   Link #2711
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Call of the Wild

I say this episode was everything from metaphorical, symbolic, and literal with all the meanings that Mikage delivered to free Kagura's spirit and be released as the beast of forbidden love.

I never watched the last OVA chapter, and I still uphold with many you out there that EVOL may be actually following the timeline after the OVA.

Spoiler:

And, what this episode hints from the ending sequence is coming up....
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 02:08   Link #2712
Lord of Pandemonium
Banned

Location: I'm Dancing & Yelling GANBATTE KAGURA! YOU GO GET YOUR WOMAN BACK!!!!! SHIPPING THEM HARD

^^ it's just like the OVA V V

Alright, I opened a can of worms here--- and honestly I really don't like to say much unless I have time to fully explain and honestly I have been squeeing so much, I haven't slept much...because I had no one to talk to about it and talking to myself was okay, but for the most part the conversation was one-sided because anything else would have been freaky and meant that I was bordering on insane

but I dont want to leave you hanging so I am just going to go through some parts of episode 11 and the OVA and Series and touch on some of the the things I said in the last two or three posts and the rest will take place after I get some sleep it's almost 1 am here and I have to get up at about 7 am...
Spoiler for some of my thoughts with screens and thumbnails. CLICK THE THUMBNAILS!!!:

Tired but I wanted to leave you with this as food for thought
Spoiler for Let your brain feast on that...:

okay I am sorry for this post, but I was tired. I will explain it all but before I go I have to say

In short. They reincarnate, and it's a case of the more things are the same, the more things change

Apollon is an Angel of Massacre, I suspect that he might have actually killed Sylvie before. Or vice versa. So Kagura as he is now does not say that he's not Apollon. Because he can be good or bad, depends on the lifetime

I also suspect that Sylvia may have indulged in a little "selfcest" and that's the true reason love is forbidden

Oh and that little beast that you guys kept saying maybe Kagura was her little doggie..IT WAS A CAT....A "Neko". I will find a better pic of him later

(this also explains why Shu-Shu is an anti-AmataXMikono Shipper but didn't attack Kagura at all)

It's 3 am and this is not even up to my personal standards---yet it took 2 hours. I won't be able to fully explain until after 5pm today..ciao. I gotta get some sleep

Last edited by Lord of Pandemonium; 2012-03-15 at 02:20. Reason: SHE'S CORN!!!
Lord of Pandemonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 02:20   Link #2713
cyberdemon

Quote:
Spoiler for memories:
Spoiler for memories:
Old 2012-03-15, 02:23   Link #2714
ReddyRedWolf

Spoiler for Want yea or nay?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for memories:
Mikono's negativity reminded me of TV Reika. Only her brother has Reika's power.

Zessica having third person perspective reminds me of OVA Reika whose the reincarnation of Scorpius.
Old 2012-03-15, 02:38   Link #2715
Zuul

LOP :

I find your theory about Mikage using Altean women as fertilizer very convincing.

He's even worse than I though.

You've also pratially convinced me that Amata is another Silvie.

There are 2 dimensions, so why not 2 Sylvie.

Mikono and Amata have similar personnalities. In episode 01/02, Amata said something about just not wanting to watch destiny but actually participate to it, which would fit Sylvie's character more than Appollon.

And it could even explain the lack of odor thing. It's not that Amata doesn't have a smell, he just happens to have the same one as Mikono and Kagura mistakes it thinking it's not his own but just Mikono having rubbing some of hers on him.

The wings could be easily explained by Amata being one of the descendant. Like Sylvia actually.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 02:39   Link #2716
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
What went on for "a little while" was the trolling. Most of the gestures Zessica has made to Amata were and are genuine. Zessica has had serious feelings for Amata for a fair stretch of time now.
To me she realised her own feelings at the end of episode 8,she might have had serious feelings about him before but she doesn't admit it to herself before then.

Quote:
A lot of her work is adaptation work, where she can't just throw in whatever she wants, of course.
Well I was taking that into account when I said that but then again despite Canaan,Fractale,Black butler II,Black Rock shooter being anime originals most of them are based on an already established franchises while the 3 you mentioned are not so you score a point there.

Quote:
And this is precisely why I don't like how Zessica is being wrote lately. She's becoming too passive, too accepting of the status quo, imo. The romance in this anime is becoming far too straightforward for my liking.
I don't think her passiveness will last,of course I've got nothing to prove this lol so we'll see.
Old 2012-03-15, 03:04   Link #2717
Thess

Quote:
If they were real indications she was attracted to Amata in, say, episode 5. The ring would have show some reaction. It showed none. She seemed to become a little interested since episode 7 and seriously since episode 8, where she became aware of it. Thus, her previous flirting was trolling. Immediately after she realized she was interested in Amata, she backed off, only murmured to Mikono she would take him if she didn't want him.

Look, she tried to troll in this one and back-pedaled immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for memories:
Spoiler for oh yeah:

Old 2012-03-15, 03:14   Link #2718
Zuul

Quote:
If they were real indications she was attracted to Amata in, say, episode 5. The ring would have show some reaction. It showed none. She seemed to become a little interested since episode 7 and seriously since episode 8, where she became aware of it. Thus, her previous flirting was trolling. Immediately after she realized she was interested in Amata, she backed off, only murmured to Mikono she would take him if she didn't want him.

Look, she tried to troll in this one and back-pedaled immediately.
I don't think the ring is really indicative of anything. Mikono's ring didn't react at all until they had their little moment on the building roof.

However, in that episode, Zessica made a really sour face when Amata left her to run after Mikono.

I wouldn't exclude her already having some sort of feelings at that moments, she wasn't just aware of them. She started withdrawing herself only when she realized what they were.

My own interpretation.

I would also like to see Zessica makes a move, but her being so passive at the moment proves she is a decent girl. Maybe this little vision is going to trigger something. It would be lame to have her feeling for Amata and yet never act on it.
Zuul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 03:24   Link #2719
dark44

in episode 11 they say they search foe eve and they take alicia didnt amata and jin and kagura are nearly the same age so who is jin and kagura mother and why searching for eve and they have woman pregnant with jin?
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 03:35   Link #2720
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is Izumo Amata's father?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction