AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 134 63.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 59 27.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 5.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 0.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 0.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.47%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.95%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-28, 13:14   Link #241
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

okay let's put it this way:

girls can be messy! as seen with all the things the guys were looking at/picking up when they walked in to the room. What's not to say that taiga threw her towel on the ground to go and get dressed up/changed + take out a pair of shoes to go to the guy's section?

If it were a guy's room, and you saw the towel on the ground, you wouldn't find it weird...but you saw the girls' room, it was so messy!

imma just have to go with the fact that we're reading into it way too much. Ami does what she does to satisfy her self, not necessarily to convey a message to the "possibly" hidden taiga in the closet. Idk, maybe i'm just underestimating ami's perceptiveness, but it seems a bit forced to assume she knows for sure.
Old 2009-02-28, 14:09   Link #242
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
True, true. He does have a very good, happy life. I definitely would like it if Nanako or Maya ended up with Haruta. He deserves to end up with someone, right?
How about Yuri sensei... even Yacchan... "yo, Taka-chan, im your papa now..."
Old 2009-02-28, 14:15   Link #243
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I dropped the novels/anime because Taiga was too irritating a character
Oh, there's no doubt that she started out as a true over-the-top tsunderekko but the last few episodes, IMO her lovability factor has just skyrocketed.

The scene of her and "Ryuuji-bear" at Christmas or of her crying for Ryuuji after she sent him to confess to Minori were just priceless. Even in the new OP when she turns around and smiles with a tear in her eye makes her look so adorable.
Old 2009-02-28, 14:16   Link #244
weksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4get View Post
Also from their subs, the moment I cannot stop wondering about: ~11:40

Minori sniffing something that looks like jar of cream. Then camera angle changes so it is not clear what is she doing with this yummy-scented thing, and Nanako tells her .. what?

Spoiler for Kushieda, that's impossible:

This line was partially overlapped with Maya's, it's hard to hear distinctly, but it sounds more like this:

So looks like Minorin's airhead level at that moment just went over 9000 and she was trying to chew on cream? %)
WHAT? OVER 9000?!
Hahahah you're right, after re-listening I can hear it.
Old 2009-02-28, 14:54   Link #245
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

This episode simply reminded me of Spice and Wolf's OP lyrics ... that may be because I love the OP, but it really fits, too. Anyway, I think Ami's actions this episode were a mixture of anger and jealousy. I'm not a girl, so I don't really know 'how it feels like,' but I'd still be pissed if the girl I really liked was treated badly by a friend who knows she likes him. While I'd also be frustrated and jealous that I will never get her, some part of me would want to make the friend of mine realize that he's missing out on one of the best girls I've ever known. i think that's what Ami did, and this wasn't just merely an automatic reaction. Her anger simply pent up and exploded.
Old 2009-02-28, 15:57   Link #246
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Or it could be simply she is in great pain after being run over by a big sled crewed by 2 people. The impact must be quite considerable and anyone will get pissed. The emotional baggage is simply a fuel for her to go into cat fight mode. Pain can change people drastically.
Old 2009-02-28, 18:05   Link #247
halfxasleep

This episode is definitly one of my favorites!! It is too bad that the credits were on one of the best and most important scenes in the series!
Old 2009-02-28, 18:50   Link #248
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfxasleep View Post
This episode is definitly one of my favorites!! It is too bad that the credits were on one of the best and most important scenes in the series!
better than them cutting it out the scene and just pasting the usual credit ed...i like the dedication, and the timing was great too, just as it ended/faded to black, the song gets that "kick" to it. imma go find that song, it's pretty good
Old 2009-02-28, 20:35   Link #249
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Smacking the credits right on the concluding scenes of an episode means that the these scenes are of utmost importance. If the series doesn't usually do this, and uses it once or twice, it usually means that the scenes are some of the most important moments of the series.

They also tend to end with semi-cliffhangers, as seen here.
Old 2009-02-28, 21:39   Link #250
typhonsentra

Another thought:

What does everyone here think of Noto and his push to get Taiga and Yusaku together? Whether or not his original intentions were good he clearly should be checking with Taiga by this point if she wants these things. I don't really know what to make of him as he seems well-intentioned but very arrogant.
Old 2009-02-28, 21:51   Link #251
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Another thought:

What does everyone here think of Noto and his push to get Taiga and Yusaku together? Whether or not his original intentions were good he clearly should be checking with Taiga by this point if she wants these things. I don't really know what to make of him as he seems well-intentioned but very arrogant.
Noto could have his own ulterior motive like he has a hidden crush towards Nanako but can't express his feelings more honestly so he tries to disrupt the relationship with Yusaku.
Old 2009-02-28, 21:53   Link #252
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Another thought:

its obvious he's got the hots for Kihara and doesn't want her getting close to Bakamura at all
Old 2009-02-28, 22:11   Link #253
typhonsentra

I thought he liked Nanako more than Maya though, and she doesn't have a thing for Kitamura as far as I can tell (She's supportive of her friend's crush at the very least). Didn't he give her a higher score when they were grading girls at the pool?

He did specifically mention Kihara when he suggested the Chinese dress uniforms for the culture festival though.
Old 2009-02-28, 22:34   Link #254
Fran~
floating away...

To me, this goes like this:
Noto likes Kihara, Kihara likes Kitamura, Kitamura likes Sumire... Noto wants TaigaXKitamura to avoid KiharaXKitamura.

Haruta likes Taka-chan. :3
Old 2009-02-28, 22:53   Link #255
tns

4 ep remain then...
then maybe 22 very confusing + maybe 1 or 2 for AmiXRyuuji doubt stories, well maybe rather sure there will be something coming up with AmiXRyuuji... then there we'll have something beautiful *o* (again!!)
... then something near the end x3!
Old 2009-03-01, 00:38   Link #256
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfxasleep View Post
...It is too bad that the credits were on one of the best and most important scenes in the series!
Taiga was confessing (to who she thought was Kitamura) that she felt weak, that she's "no good" no matter what she does. So I think it was because they purposely wanted to punch the impact of her inability to NOT love Ryuji by coming into the song full at the lines:

"Today I ate an orange
but I cried because it was still sour
It reminded me of myself, and I couldn't throw away the rest
so I ate it all..."

To me it was pure win.
Old 2009-03-01, 03:01   Link #257
FeDeR

Completely agree) I love toradora for such a little notes for watchers ) Though i think next ep ryuuji will be dumbfighting is that true or not that taiga loves him) it should be fun then)
Old 2009-03-01, 03:28   Link #258
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Totally randon comment: Haruta is win... cocky when he was skiing, caring with Taka-chan at the dinner and when he said that if he were a girl, he would never rejected him and he is totally clueless about EVERYTHING...

Some happy life he has...
This reminds me of that tagline from Johnny English, the James Bond spoof movie starring Rowan Atkinson. I think it'll suit Haruta just well with a few tweaks:

He knows no angst.
He knows no agony.
He knows nothing.

Old 2009-03-01, 03:53   Link #259
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Ara.. ara~

didn't expect Ami and Kushieda to start a brawl since, well, both of them are pretty much expertise when it comes to concealing their selves. Although, an argument between the two seems only a matter of time given the recent happenings. *sigh*. Another problem arises in front of Ryuuji, the guy still haven't resolve his other issue and now, comes this.. it makes it more frustrating to expect sth better of him even more. As if Noto>>KiharaxMaruo wasn't enough D:

So then.. Kushieda's feelings for Ryuuji (not check), Taiga's feeling for Ryuuji (confirmed), Ami's feelings to him (most likely 2b excluded). What a day.. *sigh*

good thing i decided not to watch this episode until our exams ended or else

9/10

on a side note;
man, that hairpin sure emitted enough "light" even though it was a storm out there. Eagle eyes
Old 2009-03-01, 08:04   Link #260
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I watched the episode with headphones for the first time today, and it was only then did I actually realise the effect that the background music had on the show. Every single piece from the one when the 3 stooges were forcing Ryuuji out from under his blanket to the one played during the tension-filled discussion in the girls' room served to amplify the tone and atmosphere of each scene.

On my second viewing, I noticed a few things regarding the final few scenes:

1. Taiga's snow goggles shattered during the fall, and the broken glass was probably the cause of the cut on her face. The broken goggles can be seen in the frame when Ryuuji knelt down to shake Taiga awake.

2. Taiga mistook Ryuuji for Kitamura because she touched Ryuuji's goggles and thought that they were Kitamura's spectacles. The clinking of the goggles can be heard quite faintly just before Taiga says Kitamura's name. That was a nice fridge revelation for me.

3. The 3 main female leads seem to have two types of voices. One high "air-headed" voice (eg: when Taiga said she would buy ice-cream for Ami as an apology), and a low serious voice. I'm not sure if it's the usual practice for Tsundere characters, but it seems to indicate the common characteristic of all of them wearing masks. Ryuuji does not have a high voice because he has no mask, while Haruta's voice is always high because he has no serious side.

In addition, most of the major revelations in ToraDora occurred by someone being at the right place at the right time. Minori seeing Taiga crying for Ryuuji during Christmas, the guys overhearing the girl talk, and Ryuuji hearing Taiga's confession by being mistaken for someone else, are some examples that come to mind. This makes Ami the wisest out of the entire cast, since she found out everything on her own.

Characters who know all that's going on as at now:
Ami, Minori, Kitamura?, Ryuuji?

Clueless characters:
Taiga, everyone else
Closed Thread