Notices

Old 2011-06-11, 15:40   Link #121
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart;3647788
I couldn't imagine myself as a BL fangirl if I were to bend my gender. [s
Though there are some girls who are cuter than their normal selves when they go into fujoshi mode.[/s]

Yaoi is wrong! It is disgusting! Keep them away from the cute girls!
If you turned to a girl, I would be the one to try to convert you into a BL fan. See? Yaoi is good for something, then you can see your pretty little girls go into fujoshi mode.

I should spam you and make your eyes bleed. <3
Lolicons are your fav. huh?

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 15:49   Link #122
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I don't think I'd like to be a male suddenly. I love being female, even so I'm not oozing feminity character-wise. No more ladies only nights with my friends? BIG NO.
I'd totally experiment with the male physique, though. ... I'm a curious person, is all!

But I'd think I'd hate to be so small as a guy XD Even more than I already do without penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I'm slightly more confusing to people because I physically present as being a very girly girl, but my interests, hobbies, personality and level of enthusiasm towards my various obsessions are not traditionally associated with women.
I don't perceive myself as really girly, but still pretty much this ^.
People are always surprised about my interests when it comes to technology or 'nerdism'. Same personality-wise.
I've always been kind of a tomboy - climbing trees, catching frogs, mountain biking in unsafe areas, setting fire in the backyard .... you get the picture. I still have a few scars from those adventures I even had a few fights (with boys) when I was younger.

Still, I grew up to be a girl that doesn't look like she spends as much expenses on games as on clothes or shiny stuff. Even so I work in a male dominated field people are still surprised about my hobbies - and that I can participate in their conversations without a problem.
I often get mistaken for an arrogant bimbo XD At last it's flattering when people say they got a pleasent surprise when talking to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
But I'll admit, it is easier for girls to get assaulted then guys. Though part of the issue may be that girls don't have the training in physical aggression that most boys get in their childhood. Even I got into a few fights. With just a little effort you can probably manage to beat and/or run away from a single person.
I think the emphasize in the conversation was too much on getting punched or robbed.
What about knockout drops or drugs in your drink? What about a turned down suitor who becomes agressive? A car following you home with the person in it yelling and asking for your name? Unwanted ass-grabbery?
(Not even mentioning the heavy cases of sexual assault or violence.)
The stuff I listed as questions all happened to at least one of my female friends and/or myself. None happened to my guy friends.

You HAVE to be more careful as girl. At least if you live in bigger cities.
I'm not saying this stuff doesn't happen to guys also - just that it's a lot more frequent with females.

Quote:
I also call it the "don't fuck with me or I'll tear your arms off and shove them up your ass" aura, which is probably what has saved me from a great deal of violence from homophobes.
XDD I can really picture it.

I personally think I'm only scary when I'm angry, but sometimes it seems my fierceness does shine through. For example:
Just some time ago I stayed over a friend's place after a party (a gaming party actually ) and shared the sleeping couch with another male friend.
He admitted the next day:
"I thought about sneaking under your blanket ... but then again I was pretty sure you'd kick my ass ... D:"
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 16:18   Link #123
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
If you turned to a girl, I would be the one to try to convert you into a BL fan. See? Yaoi is good for something, then you can see your pretty little girls go into fujoshi mode.

I should spam you and make your eyes bleed. <3
Lolicons are your fav. huh?
NO. STOP. DON'T.

I don't exactly like lolis. I prefer extreme girls like tsunderes and quiet-sweet librarian types. The latter are scary because they possess the highest chance to turn into fujoshis yet still retain, or even augment their cuteness.

I would rather be a yuri fangirl that plays the keyboard and serves tea and cake.

If you dare to do that, I'll spam you with yuri! Take that!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 16:45   Link #124
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
NO. STOP. DON'T.

I don't exactly like lolis. I prefer extreme girls like tsunderes and quiet-sweet librarian types. The latter are scary because they possess the highest chance to turn into fujoshis yet still retain, or even augment their cuteness.

I would rather be a yuri fangirl that plays the keyboard and serves tea and cake.

If you dare to do that, I'll spam you with yuri! Take that!

Eh? I don't wanna stop.

Haha the quiet-sweet librarian type is reading in the corner with a hardcore yaoi...you see her smile and blush as she reads...

I sense a Yuri vs. Yaoi fight coming up... <3

If you turned into a girl I think you would be those creepy perveded ones who like to feel on a innocent young girl.

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2011-06-11, 16:59   Link #125
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Saintess would be like an older Francesca Lucchini, or Kuroko Shirai...

ONEE-SAMA!
Old 2011-06-11, 17:09   Link #126
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Saintess would be like an older Francesca Lucchini, or Kuroko Shirai...

ONEE-SAMA!

I seen Kuroko doings, stumbling upon a few things XD
maybe... Haruka Nishida or Hiyori Tamura..

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2011-06-11, 17:26   Link #127
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Now I don't think I want to turn into a girl anymore. AND STOP BRANDING ME AS A PERVERT! I am not one!

Though I don't mind being a Kotobuki Tsumugi.....I like being an observer, manipulator, or the older sister rather than the younger one.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 01:52   Link #128
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHerrera View Post
I sense a Yuri vs. Yaoi fight coming up... <3
And no matter who wins, everybody loses. :P
Old 2011-06-12, 17:54   Link #129
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
I think the emphasize in the conversation was too much on getting punched or robbed.
What about knockout drops or drugs in your drink? What about a turned down suitor who becomes agressive? A car following you home with the person in it yelling and asking for your name? Unwanted ass-grabbery?
The stuff I listed as questions all happened to at least one of my female friends and/or myself. None happened to my guy friends.
I was referring purely to physical constraints. IE someone said a guys larger physical size is a great advantage, and I was refuting that.

Now all that other stuff you mention is much more serious, and very unfortunate. It does happen to women more, but isn't something bound by physicality, but by culture. There's nothing a woman could do to avoid it at the time short of making herself up to look like a man!(and even then...) I have no experience of sexual harassment myself, so I'm not really fit to comment on it, other then to condemn it.

That's not to say that men don't face their own dangers. Women can, for instance, entrap men. My mom had a former boyfriend in High School who was forced to marry a girl because she sabotaged his condom(and got pregnant...), and openly boasted about it some time afterwards. Suffice to say that marriage didn't work out well...

Generally speaking caution is a good idea who ever you are, it's unfortunate that women are more prone then men. However I don't think it's frequent enough to make a woman's life noticeably worse then a man's, unless a coworker or family member is involved. On the other hand, I wear my hair long and often get trouble from Yobs, but of course long hair is a choice for me... Still very annoying.

Last edited by DonQuigleone; 2011-06-13 at 00:08.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 16:41   Link #130
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post

You HAVE to be more careful as girl. At least if you live in bigger cities.
I'm not saying this stuff doesn't happen to guys also - just that it's a lot more frequent with females.
One of the reasons I carry a multitude of weapons with me at all times. I think I'd be hard to explain why I have 2 axes and a giant SOG knife in my truck, and a switchblade in my boot (yes, I do carry one in my boot) if I ever get pulled over.

One should always be prepared for anything.
Old 2011-06-13, 20:15   Link #131
radioIzzy
stuck in a harem genre
*Artist

I'd go up to all my friends that are girls and laugh at them, then point at their breasts and say, "I told you mine would be bigger."

But on that note, I'd probably have to be more careful and would probably watch the figure more.
radioIzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 23:01   Link #132
sadisticlust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
One of the reasons I carry a multitude of weapons with me at all times. I think I'd be hard to explain why I have 2 axes and a giant SOG knife in my truck, and a switchblade in my boot (yes, I do carry one in my boot) if I ever get pulled over.

One should always be prepared for anything.
I also carry multiple weapons on me I also have several weapons in my car and I have several more in my house. In my opinion you can never be to prepared. It doesn't matter anymore if you know how to fight (I have taken several years of martial arts training) for the most part if your getting mugged or jumped its not going to be a clean one on one match they will jump you with several people and they will probably fight dirty so in my opinion carrying a weapon is a necessity for both males and females. Even if you lose with a weapon you can insure that they will never forget you if you know what your doing with the weapon whether its a knife or a gun etc.... but you do need to be careful you don't want to be flashing your weapons so everyone can see them. I would also suggest you to save some money and get a concealed weapons permit.

By the way Sora no otoshimono is awesome (your avatar)
Old 2011-06-14, 09:25   Link #133
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioIzzy View Post
I'd go up to all my friends that are girls and laugh at them, then point at their breasts and say, "I told you mine would be bigger."

But on that note, I'd probably have to be more careful and would probably watch the figure more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadisticlust View Post
I also carry multiple weapons on me I also have several weapons in my car and I have several more in my house. In my opinion you can never be to prepared. It doesn't matter anymore if you know how to fight (I have taken several years of martial arts training) for the most part if your getting mugged or jumped its not going to be a clean one on one match they will jump you with several people and they will probably fight dirty so in my opinion carrying a weapon is a necessity for both males and females. Even if you lose with a weapon you can insure that they will never forget you if you know what your doing with the weapon whether its a knife or a gun etc.... but you do need to be careful you don't want to be flashing your weapons so everyone can see them. I would also suggest you to save some money and get a concealed weapons permit.

By the way Sora no otoshimono is awesome (your avatar)
Ehhh... I for one never carry any weapons...

When you're expecting trouble you usually end out getting it...
Old 2011-06-14, 09:42   Link #134
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:

I never carry weapons just because I never expect to need them. Where the heck am I going to get attacked? I don't hang out in dark alleys at night or anything...
Old 2011-06-14, 10:30   Link #135
sadisticlust

Quote:

I disagree with you. Just because someone is carrying a weapon doesn't mean that they are looking for trouble. Like I said I always have some kind of weapon on me but the people around are unaware that I have a weapon which also includes my friends when we hangout. It's just I rather be safe than sorry. If the situation were to arise where I needed a weapon I would rather have one on me than get my butt kicked. Most times when an attacker see's that you have a way to defend yourself they will be least likely to attack you in my opinion.
Old 2011-06-14, 15:55   Link #136
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

When I lived in a crappy area of Oklahoma, I carried a 9mm automatic. I had bought the gun for putting holes in paper men, but applied for my CCW after a drug related shootout a block away from my apartment ended up in a shootout with police in my parking lot!

After six or so months I stopped carrying because it was heavy, made wardrobe choices difficult and annoying to deal with at work, as they gave me shit about it even though I had the legal shit taken care of.

I'd be a happy woman if I never needed to carry again, and just used the gun to play at the range. Well, I don't have it anymore since I sold it to pay bills after being canned during the 2008 crash...

This is so offtopic...
Old 2011-06-14, 15:56   Link #137
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadisticlust View Post
I disagree with you. Just because someone is carrying a weapon doesn't mean that they are looking for trouble. Like I said I always have some kind of weapon on me but the people around are unaware that I have a weapon which also includes my friends when we hangout. It's just I rather be safe than sorry. If the situation were to arise where I needed a weapon I would rather have one on me than get my butt kicked. Most times when an attacker see's that you have a way to defend yourself they will be least likely to attack you in my opinion.
I more mean that if you have a weapon, you become a lot more willing to take the violent solution to solving a problem.

EG. A guy comes up to you with a knife and wants your wallet. If you have a weapon this is a time you might use it, and you might end out in a violent altercation where you receive much more grievous injuries then the value of your wallet.

If you didn't have the weapon psychologically you'll become a lot more willing to negotiate, and less aggressive. You'll be more likely to figure out something nonviolent because you won't be conditioned towards using the weapon. For instance, running away.

You also will feel emboldened and more likely to get into unsafe situations, you might be more willing to walk down that street at night. It's like the way better brakes can often result in more accidents take place (the user is emboldened...)

You also might lose your temper or get drunk and get into a fight, and instead of just decking them, you'll stab them. Hello prison...

And besides that carrying a weapon won't stop someone from coming up behind you and knocking you out, or ganging up on you with friends. And of course if they're looking to do something criminal, they'll probably have weapons and be itching for a fight, will you be able to beat them?

Just be cautious and you should be fine. Of course this is all presuming you're not living somewhere like Mexico City.
Old 2011-06-14, 16:10   Link #138
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
This is so offtopic...
So! Gender!

Being a dude is pretty cool. It's definitely something everyone should try at least once.
Old 2011-06-14, 16:58   Link #139
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

I tried it involuntarily and decided it wasn't for me.
Old 2011-06-14, 19:56   Link #140
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Being a man is AWESOME!!!. You can grow a beard!

I mean a beard! Nothing a woman's got can top that.

A beard!

Beards!