Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-02-12, 08:11   Link #1301
hamazura
whatever

TORIKO IS NOT A GAAAAAY
Old 2014-02-12, 08:24   Link #1302
bludvein

I like off-handed the whole thing was, while still clearing out some of the ho yay.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 10:00   Link #1303
Avaricia
My Lord

Old Nitro = Pair
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 16:50   Link #1304
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Old Nitro = Pair
Pretty much what I'm thinking, yeah. Plus, it would make sense that Ichiryuu would be acquainted with someone else connected to Acacia.

As far as the marriage thing goes..... well, I guess Rin could join Komatsu's harem, too. At least that way there won't be a single woman anymore (the other being Melk II, obviously).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 18:54   Link #1305
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

I don't know it's right for me to say it here but both translation mangastream and Hi Wa Mata Noboru are making so different from each other. Here is a little comparison between two translations: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/223919/...mata-noboru/13 and http://readms.com/r/toriko/266/2253/15 I don't know why but I don't like mangastream's translation at all. They even changed obvious tranlation "combo" into "partner" so I am going to stick with Hi Wa Mata Noboru's translation like I always do. I also don't know why mangastream decided to translate Toriko too since there is already group that's been translating it for a long time with good releases.

Anyways I thought Mansam grew some hair and but actually he turned into Kappa if you know what I mean. There is still bald spot on the top of his head and that really made me laugh. Also that was really awesome propose by Rin. She turned into really fine woman and I am really happy for her to getting married by Toriko. I mean I hate it when shounen jump characters that dense in the head when it comes to love issues but in this chapter Toriko gave us something different which made me really happy. Normally shounen jump manga either completely avoids romance (at least romance involving protag), or they make it so protag can't succeed at romance. Either by, say, making protag be one of those womanizers that never get any, or by making protag being blind to any advances made on him. So seeing something like this development in shounen series is a very big improvement and big step.
Old 2014-02-15, 01:15   Link #1306
tenchir

The marriage reaction is very similar to Goku/Chi Chi.
tenchir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-15, 09:02   Link #1307
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^The author should be a huge DB fan, no doubts about that.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 03:08   Link #1308
marvelB

Next chapter is OUT (MUCH earlier than usual I might add, and it's the HWMN trans, at that)!

So the "Billion Bird" is the is the animal that will sustain humanity until more ingredients flourish in the human world once again. Apparently, the bird tastes nasty, but naturally, Komatsu aims to do something about that....!

But the best thing about the chapter (IMO) is the return of my bro, Livebearer.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like we'll have to wait a little longer before we find out the identity of that old "Nitro"....

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-02-19 at 03:37.
Old 2014-02-19, 06:56   Link #1309
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Next chapter is OUT (MUCH earlier than usual I might add, and it's the HWMN trans, at that)!

So the "Billion Bird" is the is the animal that will sustain humanity until more ingredients flourish in the human world once again. Apparently, the bird tastes nasty, but naturally, Komatsu aims to do something about that....!

But the best thing about the chapter (IMO) is the return of my bro, Livebearer.

Edit: Oh, and it looks like we'll have to wait a little longer before we find out the identity of that old "Nitro"....
Nitro seems to have dried out just like the one in the Gourmet Pyramid.
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 14:13   Link #1310
Kafriel
Senior Guest

This was a very clever chapter. The billion bird has this broken ability of instant replication, it lives for an overly extended period of time...and yet it was thought to be extinct because it tastes SO bad that nobody ever went after it!? Plus, the full course was a real puzzle to put together, I liked that part a lot. As for the taste, I expect BB nuggets, fillet, snitchel, burgers, etc.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 14:20   Link #1311
Breimoon

wonder if old nitro will be the one to tell the teaching method.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 14:26   Link #1312
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's quite likely; the Nitro also have a long lifespan and can hibernate if they're about to starve, so if this one's just hungry enough to eat even a billion bird, it will definitely know how to make that pile of protein taste good (considering their level of gourmet, spitting ozone herbs and such).
Old 2014-02-22, 04:22   Link #1313
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Yeah I am also thinking the same. Old Nitro probably give them delicious recipes that will make them go heaven due to it's heavenly tastes hehe. Also Komatsu reaction to trying to hatch the egg was really funny along with Zebra =D
Old 2014-02-26, 03:15   Link #1314
marvelB

And once again, we have a super-early translated chapter!

Wow, so the Billion Bird "evolved"..... y'know, while I vaguely thought of those birds as being similar to Pokemon at first, this is just nuts!

But on the other hand, Toriko FINALLY adds something new to his full course menu after a long time. But now I wonder when the gang is going to return to the GW to find even more tasty dishes?

Oh, and I guess you could say that an "alternative solution" was found for the gender issues in Komatsu's harem.....
Old 2014-02-26, 16:52   Link #1315
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is it okay to drink raw eggs? Also, Komatsu seems to have an affinity for birds.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 17:16   Link #1316
Breimoon

if the eggs are fresh there is no danger.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-27, 11:13   Link #1317
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It's still pretty nasty, I once accidentally drank a raw egg...while I didn't let it out, the aftertaste tormented me for a few hours ._.

Epic chapter, LOL @ Sani's eyelashes and Komatsu's (100%?) gender-swap. Full course +1, didn't see that coming!
Old 2014-02-27, 15:04   Link #1318
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

There is nothing wrong to drink insides of raw egg especially quail eggs. I usually drink them in the morning and it's really healthy to the body. It has the power of healing and helps to longevity of human life. Here is an article showing the wonders of quail eggs by the way http://www.ennyrehoboth.com/wonders-of-quail-eggs/ or this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGjk9QeQ7Ao

Anyways that was really good chapter. Glad to see Toriko added something new to his course. But what worries me that all of four ingridents are added to menu in human world. I know that there must be more delicious ingredients in gourment world. I wonder if they are going to change their items in the menu if they confront with more delicious item in the future and in the gourment world. I guess the rest of the items will be added menu after they enter their adventure in the gourment world. Also lold so hard when they turned into ikemen. I also want to drink some of billion birds egg hehe.
Old 2014-03-05, 03:09   Link #1319
marvelB

Early 269 is here!

Well, looks like Terry and the other animal buddies are prepared to go to GW. But what's really interesting is that we get a brief flashback of when Toriko first meets Ichiryuu (and just as Mansam said in a past chapter, our hero indeed grew up in an impoverished environment, much like Midora did).

Meanwhile, Jirou and Setsuno are already in the GW, at Ichiryuu's grave (which Midora made). Looks like they're hunting down Joa. Back at the human world, Komatsu is having dinner with Nono (Setsuno's apprentice), while Toriko is having a drink with his old buddy, Tom. Interestingly, Toriko has one last bit of business to handle before going back to the gourmet world: Visiting the mysterious person in that tree.....

So it looks like Toriko will meet with the old Nitro in the end, after all! Well, it's clear that everyone's prepared for the next adventure, after all! Still, how dare that Komatsu cheat on Toriko like that!
Old 2014-03-05, 03:54   Link #1320
hamazura
whatever

i think the gayness of toriko manga is over...

Tags
action, fantasy, food, shounen