AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 01:19   Link #21
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This is the best 1st episode I've seen among all the series from Fall 2008 thus far in terms of leaving an impression. It asks, "You want wacky? You can't handle the wacky. No wacky handler you are."

I agree. I predict this series will be subbed. It has everything I want from my harem shows. I can now go to sleep.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 02:24   Link #22
kaosmos

love the reference....it's over nine thousand!!

another anime to follow.

by the way..

question:is the "thing" they put sometime in place of tanarot their way of censoring ?

Last edited by kaosmos; 2008-10-06 at 03:22.
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 06:23   Link #23
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
three words

W T F

did i just really watch that 0_o
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 10:16   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosmos View Post
question:is the "thing" they put sometime in place of tanarot their way of censoring ?
Yeah. I remember in Tanarot's promos on the website she was animated normally (and...er grinding suggestively on Takuto), so to make it broadcast-suitable, the claymation Tanarot was brought in. And that's just freaky.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 12:33   Link #25
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
This is the best 1st episode I've seen among all the series from Fall 2008 thus far in terms of leaving an impression. It asks, "You want wacky? You can't handle the wacky. No wacky handler you are."...
I guess I can handle wacky. That was hilarious. Somebody better sub it -- and I'm sure someone will.

I'm not saying "best," or even best at leaving an impression: Kannagi rocked my socks, and Kemeko was approximately as wacky as this show. Quite a triumvirate of comedies. This is looking to me like a good comic season. I like the very different comedy in Hyakko, too.

But crazy shows like this can sometimes be one-note Charlies, and the funny can wear off. I'll certainly be around to find out.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 14:51   Link #26
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Somebody better sub it -- and I'm sure someone will.
I can't be too specific since this is an MFI thread, but yes.
Old 2008-10-06, 17:29   Link #27
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well now that was some good solid zany ass comedy for sure...Anything that gives nods to "OVER 9000!!!" scanner and all in the first episode is aces to me.

The character designs seemed kinda odd in the OP but once I got to the actual episode they fit pretty well...Certainly wasn't expecting random claymation though heh. As cute as his summon is though I'm going to have to give my vote to Suzuho.

Cute meganekko using a sketchbook to talk ala megumi who also transforms into a magic sucking blue haired psycho wrecking massive havoc with a giant mecha sword...Yes please...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 18:14   Link #28
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Oh Lord. That's like Penguin Musume on (even more) speed.

What do we have here ...
[X] school uniforms
[X] glasses
[X] not-really-sisters
[X] panties
[X] maids
[X] animal ears
[X] bloomers
[X] nurses
[X] BIG ROBOTS
[_] school swimsutis
[_] mikos
[_] ...

Did I miss something? Most likely. Anyway: probability that I finish this 0 percent (dropped).
Old 2008-10-06, 18:30   Link #29
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Did I miss something?
You missed the fact that Tanarot(te) is voiced by Etorofu Kujira's voice actor.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:48   Link #30
neoeagle

SAW the OP.

PASSO.PASSO, PASSO,PASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSO.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 22:19   Link #31
LKK

Well, now. That was different. I had no idea what to expect going into the episode. And what I got was nothing like I expected. I enjoyed it in a jaw-dropped, slack faced, disbelieving kind of way. I think I may have found my new weekly surreality fix. By the way, did anyone try to make sense of the OP song lyrics? What kind of crack were they?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 00:20   Link #32
ZODDGUTS

The first episode was actually pretty good, enjoyed the crazy antics especially the final scene with you know who running around like crazy.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 00:26   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Oh Lord. That's like Penguin Musume on (even more) speed.

What do we have here ...
(every staple of anime known)

Did I miss something? Most likely. Anyway: probability that I finish this 0 percent (dropped).
Suspect this'll be like a certain summer series -- initially funny but may lose the wind in sails quickly .... OTOH, it could be like PaniPoniDash and manage to pull out 18 or 19 episodes of mind-searing wacky....
Old 2008-10-07, 00:29   Link #34
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
Ok, first impression...

WHAT...IS...UP...WITH...THE...OPENING?
Not saying that is bad or that I didn't like it but... it was... don't know how to describe it, just plain weird o.o'

Aside from that... I love this anime! I love the chibi design for certain characters (even though what is up with the doll animation during the part after the summoning?) [Tanarotte looks like a 5yr old yet has shaped boobs xD].

They make it seem like little kids can just choose to freely invade someone's house. Don't they have parents or something? >.>

The scouter the sensei was using... is it supposed to be a Dragon Ball parody? Because I felt like screaming "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when his scouter blew up >_>.

I didn't quite understood the plot, too complicated for a first time, but I'll re-watch the episode and hopefully understand what I missed.

The comedy is good I suppose and the main character doesn't seem to be a complete idiot (which is something I've been hating lately in anime).
And the little vampire girl... did just cut a huge ass building with a lil sword? Um... ok.

Finally, this episode was great, very funny and very well done imo, I'll definitely be following these series.
Old 2008-10-07, 01:08   Link #35
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Most entertaining show of the season (so far).
It definitely blew my mind away considering I did not expect anything other than Blade's character design. And the fan-service was actually not bad.

Hopefully this continues to be just as good as the first episode, since I laughed a lot more than what I expected.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 01:55   Link #36
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
three words

W T F

did i just really watch that 0_o
QFFT

Definitely W T F caliber.

Best part though is Suzuho, which is like a carbon copy of a certain girl in Shufffle, right down to the 'Give him back to me' line lol. Yandere ftw! ^_^

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 02:03   Link #37
kaosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Japan View Post

The scouter the sensei was using... is it supposed to be a Dragon Ball parody? Because I felt like screaming "IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when his scouter blew up >_>.

actually i think he said it was over nine thousand,but i'll wait for the sub to be sure..
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 03:01   Link #38
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for Episode 01 - ? de Wasshoi:
Wow Zero no Tsukaima would be the last show i would compair this anime to. If you Miss ZnT so much just watch Season 4 that started last week you know Toradora...... If you want to compair it to any show from last season i would guess Sekirei would be the closest, but as far as closeness in all so far it looks more like a DearS sorta anime with swapout of Aliens to Magic based.
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 07:43   Link #39
Midonin
Last Engage

I mean in the general premise sense - magic student summons familiar, wacky hijinx ensue. Though of course, the two wildly diverge from that point.
Old 2008-10-07, 09:29   Link #40
Lucipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I mean in the general premise sense - magic student summons familiar, wacky hijinx ensue. Though of course, the two wildly diverge from that point.
You gotta be carefull when you compair two show like that. When you say 2 shows are a lot your gona get people thinking its the same thing sorta like Saying well School days is a Harem and at School. Clanned is a Harem at school, Clanned and School days are the same show and comapir to each other. See how that would give the wrong idea to the person who is going to start watching it?

If someone asked you how School days was like and you asked them if they watched Clanned then they said yes you could say. Well School days is like Clanned as being a Slice of Slive Harem, but instead of being all lovey dovey there is a lot of Drama Cheatings Sex blah blah blah. Then that point could be made without giving them a wrong sence of what to expect. you get what im saying?
Lucipher is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, romance, shounen