AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-01-01, 18:58   Link #861
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Or maybe she had a purpose in mind, and once it's over, just to dump the guy later on? Or maybe... ohhhh!! Memory loss =o ... That's rather unlikely, however.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 20:14   Link #862
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

well he looks more like johan(?) wth!! who is this dude anyways ~_~
edgewalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 20:17   Link #863
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
shana's ex-boyfriend, notice that shana was wearing the bracelet he bought her the day before
Spoiler for 1:
cnnydz
Which novel does that picture originate from?
Old 2008-01-01, 20:40   Link #864
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
cnnydz
Which novel does that picture originate from?
I think it's from the Light Novel 0

Mai Kawasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 20:51   Link #865
Toreno
すごい!

I hate him, that's for sure. Even though I don't know who he is. Suspicious...
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 22:30   Link #866
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Kawasumi View Post
I think it's from the Light Novel 0

What is the basis of Shakugan no Shana 0 anyhow? I'm not understanding how this guy can exist without creating some huge plotholes.
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 03:02   Link #867
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
What is the basis of Shakugan no Shana 0 anyhow? I'm not understanding how this guy can exist without creating some huge plotholes.
I believe Shana 0 covers Shana's early days as a flame haze before she met Yuji.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 04:05   Link #868
edgewalker00
ALL HAIL LELOUCH!

so shana had a boyfriend before she became a flame haze or that dude's her brother(?!)

the season 1 flashback of shana already depicted her as a survivor of the war where mathilde (was that the name of alastor's previous flame haze?) gave her life to.

the anime just told that wilhelmina and shiro took care of her but didnt delve way back on where she was before that ~_~
edgewalker00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 04:14   Link #869
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

What's this, people are expressing disappointment that Yuuji isn't Shana's first love! Before I read all posts responding to what cnnydz said I figured this might happen.

Whoever the folks in the picture are, it can be said that it's doubtful this story of Shakugan no Shana would focus on Yuuji if Shana had other boyfriends in the past. I don't know the identity of that fellow, but perhaps he's another Flame Haze that seems to take a liking to her who died? There don't seem to be many Flame Haze around Shana's age.
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 05:54   Link #870
RDNexus

now that u guys mention it, i really know nothing about novel 0, about novel S i already hv some data, so, wat happens in novel 0?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 08:07   Link #871
Mukki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
What's this, people are expressing disappointment that Yuuji isn't Shana's first love! Before I read all posts responding to what cnnydz said I figured this might happen.

Whoever the folks in the picture are, it can be said that it's doubtful this story of Shakugan no Shana would focus on Yuuji if Shana had other boyfriends in the past. I don't know the identity of that fellow, but perhaps he's another Flame Haze that seems to take a liking to her who died? There don't seem to be many Flame Haze around Shana's age.
I don't think anyone's disappointed about that, so much as it's the fact that it doesn't make sense how she would be so naieve and whatnot if she had been in a relationship before, eg asking where babies come from, not knowing what romantic feelings are.

It's the fact that it creates a huge plothole that bothers me at least (Unless those points are addressed, which I'm not getting my hopes up about).

Another matter which comes out inconsistent from my point-of-view as well is Alastor's whole attitude before the phone conversation... I mean, if this has happened before, how do we explain that? Only justification I can think of is if this guy died and Alastor didn't want her to go through that again, but I have no way of really knowing unless someone would be so kind as to give us some more information instead of just showing us a picture like that and leaving only one sentence.

Last edited by Mukki; 2008-01-02 at 08:11. Reason: Added a bit more.
Old 2008-01-02, 08:14   Link #872
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
I don't think anyone's disappointed about that, so much as it's the fact that it doesn't make sense how she would be so naieve and whatnot if she had been in a relationship before, eg asking where babies come from, not knowing what romantic feelings are.

It's the fact that it creates a huge plothole that bothers me at least (Unless those points are addressed, which I'm not getting my hopes up about).

Another matter which comes out inconsistent from my point-of-view as well is Alastor's whole attitude before the phone conversation... I mean, if this has happened before, how do we explain that? Only justification I can think of is if this guy died and Alastor didn't want her to go through that again, but I have no way of really knowing unless someone would be so kind as to give us some more information instead of just showing us a picture like that and leaving only one sentence.
Well, it could actually not romance that attracts Shana to become his girlfriend. Rather, there could be all sorts of reasoning behind it... But actually, as a reply to the first sentence, I actually am disappointed.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 09:30   Link #873
Mukki

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Well, it could actually not romance that attracts Shana to become his girlfriend. Rather, there could be all sorts of reasoning behind it... But actually, as a reply to the first sentence, I actually am disappointed.
Well, the hand-holding is a pretty romantic gesture no matter how you slice it, but I want to know, if this is indeed the case and canon... what happened to the bracelet?
Old 2008-01-02, 12:35   Link #874
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

It could also be possible that the existence of the girl that Shana usurped had a boyfriend back then, so Shana was stuck with the boy.
Old 2008-01-02, 12:44   Link #875
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
It could also be possible that the existence of the girl that Shana usurped had a boyfriend back then, so Shana was stuck with the boy.
spot on, that's exactly what happened. sorry for posting too late
cnnydz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 12:51   Link #876
Toreno
すごい!

Quote:
Poor guy...would like to know what happens to him. Did he die as well?
Wasn't Shana pretty cold-hearted back then? Why didn't she break up with him immediatly?
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 13:17   Link #877
Aquifina

Quote:
It'll never be animated, but that could be a hilarious thing to watch. Shana trying to "act" like a girlfriend--I can only imagine how ludicrous the scene would be.

I actually wonder if Shana's already had her first kiss because of this. Remember the "first kiss" episode where Shana was so surprised at how Yuji got so nervous about it?
Aquifina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 17:02   Link #878
Mukki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
It'll never be animated, but that could be a hilarious thing to watch. Shana trying to "act" like a girlfriend--I can only imagine how ludicrous the scene would be.

I actually wonder if Shana's already had her first kiss because of this. Remember the "first kiss" episode where Shana was so surprised at how Yuji got so nervous about it?
Makes sense, I was kinda wondering how she could have a relationship and not understand what a kiss meant.
Old 2008-01-03, 01:33   Link #879
alvinkhorfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquifina View Post
I don't think that Shana already had her first kiss. In episode 11 in season 1, when Yuji and Shana were watching a rerun of a drama, she was puzzled as why the man in the drama was punched for just a kiss. If Shana already had her first kiss, she would have realized the significance of a kiss.
Old 2008-01-03, 04:21   Link #880
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
I don't think that Shana already had her first kiss. In episode 11 in season 1, when Yuji and Shana were watching a rerun of a drama, she was puzzled as why the man in the drama was punched for just a kiss. If Shana already had her first kiss, she would have realized the significance of a kiss.
And the world still awaits for moe girl #2 to get her first kiss. Dammit, Takahashi! I know how long quality stories take to write, but hurry up!

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen